Lone Tree Golf Club

Located close to the San Tan Mountains, the course at the Lone Tree Golf Club offers not only a good game but also beautiful mountain views. This championship golf course was done in a traditional desert-style with rolling fairways and fast greens that are large and undulating. There are also several sand bunkers that protect both the fairways and the greens. Water hazards come into play on five holes and extensive mounding adds further challenge. The course features four sets of tee boxes to accommodate golfers of all skill levels. Lone Tree Golf Club boasts extensive practice facilities including a targeted grass range, a large putting green, and a short game area with a sand bunker.
Lone Tree Golf Club
Scorecard for Lone Tree Golf Club
Black M: 72.4/123 435 191 400 370 555 348 460 198 574 3531 425 400 181 481 156 470 342 449 572 3476 7007
Blue M: 69.9/118 407 175 372 350 522 328 433 184 515 3286 390 375 150 430 140 450 323 412 540 3210 6496
White M: 67.5/112 W: 73.6/128 370 145 355 321 493 305 400 137 480 3006 357 355 110 400 130 410 300 365 508 2935 5941
Red M: 63.9/101 W: 68.6/113 325 120 285 265 415 253 362 109 414 2548 313 276 80 325 106 343 243 307 430 2423 4971

Year Built 2001
Greens TiffDwarf Grass
Architect Darryl Wilson

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MasterCard, American Express Welcomed
Dress code Dress code enforced.

Enjoyable course

It’s a fun course... not the greatest track but by far not the worst... wasn’t in the greatest shape today but it’s just before overseeding which is understandable... will play here again in the future

Decent course for late tee time

The course was in decent condition, it probably needs to be reseeded but I've played worse. The pace of play was really slow, it was a late tee time but on one hole we were backed up to 3 groups and one of the gentlemen teeing off took 4 mulligans off the tee box with all 3 groups waiting. There was no ranger out there for the pace of play. On the positive side we saw the beverage cart 3 times so that was nice. Overall not bad of a course for the late tee time and value. Our tee time was 2:30 And we ended up only 17 holes

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 10/11/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club, Michael. We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal. If that happens again, give us a call in the pro shop and we'll see if we can make things right. As for the course conditions, we actually did our overseed on October 8th. So come back for another round soon!
Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 10/02/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club! Come back soon.
Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 10/02/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club! Your 5-star rating is much appreciated.

Average course

Pace was a little slow. We were stuck behind a small tournament that was going on.

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 09/27/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club! We apologize if the pace of play was slower than normal due to the tournament in front of you. We hope you'll consider joining us for another round soon!

Lone Tree Fun

The course was in good condition. The greens were fast. I played from the white tees, which suited my game. The bunkers were playable.

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 09/20/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club, Dave! We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions and we're glad to hear the white tees were a good distance for you. Come back again soon!

Fun Course

Overall, the course is in good condition and a fun course to play. I would like to see better distance markers or in some cases, distance markers at all.

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club. We're glad you enjoyed the overall course conditions and had fun playing here. Your feedback is also very important to us. We look forward to your next round at Lone Tree!

Great Staff

I really like this course, the staff and the pace of play but I wish they had better and more distance markings on the course.

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 09/18/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club! We appreciate your kind words regarding the course, our friendly staff, and the pace of play. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.
Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 08/15/2018:
Thank you for the 5 stars, Ron!

Bravo!

I played this course about a month ago and I have to say it was in far better shape than some others in the east valley. Plenty of grass on the fairways and no problem getting a late round in. They do shut down on Monday and Tuesday after mid morning but I had no issues on a late summer round on a weekend. Staff was very accommodating and appreciative. I'll be back since Johnson Ranch , Poston Butte ,Las Colinas and Apache Creek have all decided to close early in the summer.

Good time

Played Sunday morning, tee time was 5:45 am and we teed off on time. Course is in good shape considering its August in AZ. Greens and fairways are coming in nicely after being punched and seeded for summer. Staff was great as always. I will play here again.

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 08/15/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club! Nothing like teeing off when the sun is rising. We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions as well as our great staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

One of my favorites

Lone Tree is one of my favorite courses especially when it’s in good shape. Even though they punched a few weeks ago, it was in great condition. It’s a nice blend of long holes, challenging approaches, and just overall fun.

I’ll be back again and again.

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 08/15/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club! We're thrilled to hear we are one of your favorite golf courses. We appreciate your kind words regarding the course conditions. Our maintenance crew has done a great job of getting our course in great condition not long after the aeration. Come back again soon.
Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 08/13/2018:
Thanks for the 5 stars! Come back to Lone Tree Golf Club again soon.

Lonetree

Nice course as always. Only had one other group out playing that we saw. No beverage cart due to heat and slow buisness. Course in good to great shape. No complaints

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 07/31/2018:
Thanks for playing Lone Tree Golf Club! We appreciate your kind words and 4 stars. We're glad to hear you always enjoy playing our golf course. Come back soon.

Always enjoy playing at Lone Tree. Nice layout. Challenging, but not overly so.

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Thanks for playing out here at Lone Tree Golf Club! We appreciate your kind words and 5 stars. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

Play this course

Love the course! They are battling the greens a bit hope they start coming back soon!

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 07/11/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club! We're glad to hear you love our course. Come back again soon!

Poor condition and no drinking water.

The course was in very poor condition. They also posted a 90 degree rule, which made playing difficult. Sand was hard as a solid rock. Greens trimmed and extra quick and non-holding. Most of all was the absence of watering stations. Not until the restroom at 14 did I get a drink. Won’t play this course again.

Response from #LoneTreeGolfClub on 06/27/2018:
Thank you for your feedback, farnsy1. It's been an incredibly hot summer at Lone Tree and we want to make sure everyone is prepared heading out to the course.

Too much $ for the condition

The course was not in very good shape for the cost of the green fees and although it was the dead of summer I would expect the rate to be lower; particularly for the shape the course was in. When I checked in, even the pro behind the counter told me how bad the greens were, specifically two and three. He wasn't wrong. It seemed like the entire course was recently punched or aerated but there were a lot of unplayable lies based on mud and dirt where there should have been grass. Additionally, we didn't see a beverage cart one time during our 18 hole round. Not worth what they are charging!

u000002634904
Commented On 06/19/2018

EFischer69 we are working on course and transition from winter grass to summer grass. the greens are transitioning and this is a normal process. We have phenomenal rates at different times and can always find you a great deal. hope to see you again. Greg Avant

Good Course

Nice course! Staff is working on saving greens, from summer heat. Very enjoyable course!

Response from #LoneTreeGolfClub on 06/15/2018:
Thank you for reviewing your round at Lone Tree Golf Club, Vader47! We appreciate you noticing all of the work that the grounds crew has been putting into the course to combat the summer conditions and hope you'll come back for another enjoyable round soon!

Lone Tree disappointment

Played 18 holes on Thursday. Finished up and was returning our cart and had young man ask us about our round. Told him we were shocked to see condition of course.....especially greens and were promptly told in an abrupt way that all courses were going through transitional period and he was quite proud of the condition of his course. Asked us what we expected and how much we paid to play Lone Tree. It was very difficult to walk away from this young man and his lousy attitude but we did. It will be a long time before we ever play Lone Tree again and its a shame because this was one of my favorite courses until I ran into this arrogant individual

Response from Lone Tree Golf Club on 06/13/2018:
Thank you for playing Lone Tree Golf Club. We sincerely apologize if the customer service you experienced was not at a 5-star level. We will be sure to address this with our staff. Hopefully you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.
Gilbert, Arizona