Formerly known as Branson Creek Golf Club.

Year Built 1999
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Tom Fazio (1999) Tom Fazio Beau Welling (1999) Dennis Wise (1999)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Collared shirts are required.

Great track!

First time playing this course and it was a blast. Great hole layout, excellent condition, and simply fun to play. Definitely challenging and we liked it so much we played it twice.

Big Cedar Influence

I just had the privilege to play this course recently. With Johnny Morris of Big Cedar resort and Bass Pro Shop fame, taking over this already good golf course had now become exceptional and will continue to only get better. He is committed to make the Table Rock and Branson area a place to go for fantastic golf. This is one course under his umbrella in the area. Ozark national ( also a great test where just opened ), Top of the Rock, Mountain Top and coming soon Payne’s Valley ( a Tiger Woods design) make for quite the golf destination.

I have had the pleasure to visit Kohler, Wisconsin and when all is said and done this will be a golf destination of similar desire.

I am a PGA Professional and will promise you, you will not be disappointed with the golf experience here. The staff is top notch, the conditions are good and getting better. The course is stunning both in views and shot making quality. Play the correct tees and you will have a fun, but challenging day.

With Johnny Morris commitment to excellence this course will only continue to get better. Ad Branson Creek it was among the top courses in Missouri and will only continue to climb in the ranks. The course is both scenic and challenging. Conditions were good and will only get better. The greens were fantastic, fairways superior along with the tees.

Book a trip to this part of the country soon as you will not be disappointed. Played this course along with the newly opened Ozark National and while the two courses are vastly different both are enjoyable and unique. You will have a great time and be challenged yet enjoy.

Just by chance, a memory for life!

It was July 2005 and we planned a family reunion for Branson Missouri. I brought my clubs in the off chance I would get to play. With one early morning free, I chose a course in the area called Branson Creek.
It was 7 am, the sun was coming up and it was holding the early morning mist close to the ground. A par 5 that stretched down hill into the distance with just a faint view of the green. It was that early morning walk like you see in commercials on TV that maybe you have never experienced. By the time we reached the first green the mist was almost gone. The fairways were perfect and the greens were rolling an 11. Each hole that greeted me had something unique and Mr. Fazio's design had me getting more excited with each hole to see what lay next.
Most golf courses have one signature hole. This golf course had at least 15.You take your pick. When I finally reached number 18, it reminded me of playing 18 at Pebble. It is a dogleg par 5. To the left are hundreds of yards of treetops that are at fairway height representing the ocean. You play across the corner to a landing area and then back left to the green guarded by bunkers with the ocean of trees that follow all the way to the green. What a finish and probably still not my favorite hole on the course. It is too hard to choose. I have never stopped thinking about this course even though I have been fortunate to play at St. Andrews, Royal Troon, Turnberry, Bandon Dunes, Hilton head, Pebble, Spy Glass and many others. I won't say that any of these courses is more memorable or better than another but Branson Creek left me wanting to return. I am retired now and I take a golf trip every year with 3 other great friends. This year I researched Branson Creek and found it has been purchased and refined and is now called Buffalo Springs Golf Course and is rated the #1 golf course in Missouri. I am not surprised. I have learned of some new great offerings in the area such as Ozark National and soon to open Paynes Valley. Look it up and check out the pictures the website provides and tell me it doesn't get you excited about the challenge that awaits.
I only hope you are so lucky to stumble upon a walk such as this which you will remember for the rest of your life.

(This review requires a date you must select and it did not go back to 2005 so I had to enter July of this year. My review states I was there July 2005 but the memory was like yesterday and from the website, you can see it has only gotten better)

High wow factor, high dollar, conditions need attention

I think I enjoy what Johnny Morris has done to Buffalo Ridge more every time I play it. Unfortunately I come to expect more from this place as well. For a place that is trying to be top notch, and for the price you have to pay to play here (it’s not family friendly in pricing) there are a few things you don’t expect to see. First, you don’t expect to see lots of poa annua creeping into the nice bent grass greens. That seems to be a problem with a lot of Missouri courses lately...and that’s not a good thing in my opinion. Secondly, you don’t expect to see weeds growing in the sand of quite a few bunkers. Listen, I understand it’s been raining a lot here recently, and there has been nonstop activity for Big Cedars maintenance crews, especially preparing for The Legends of Golf, but removing weeds from bunkers is basic and simple stuff. Again, it’s not something you expect or like to see from a place this expensive and billed as this amazing. Lastly, there were a few spots where creeping Bermuda was getting into the fairways. That has to be stopped because I have witnessed how that stuff takes over zoysia fairways!
Outside of that, I had no problem with the fairways being uncut in certain areas and the greens being a little slow. It has rained a lot here and they probably couldn’t get the mowers everywhere they needed too or at the lowest heighth that they like.
Listen, this course has got a great layout, and some absolutely stunning holes! It brings you into contact with nature and some beautiful scenery. This isn’t a course for minimalists , because there is a lot of landscaping and nature enhancements going on. However I think anyone can appreciate just how much effort has been put into this place to make it over the top and beautiful! I fully recommend playing this course! I just hope they can start putting their best effort back into getting this course in its best possible appearance.

Ozarks charm, Big Cedar Lodge-style

As the first "big course" to become part of Johnny Morris' Big Cedar Lodge resort outside Branson. Buffalo Ridge Springs was adjusted to fit its overseer's vision. Much like the resort at large, the course is part of an enhanced vision of the Ozarks. When Morris brought Fazio back to touch the course up, several rock outcroppings were revealed and featured, naturalistic water features were introduced to the landscape and the whole course received a refined edge.

The result is an HD version of resort golf, with a ton of fun shots and vistas. The back nine, which tacks counterclockwise around a valley rim and down, before rising back up, is a cracker. It immerses the golfer in a scene that combines natural beauty with a keen eye for landscape enhancement.

Great views

This course has some of the most beautiful views you could ask of the northern Ozarks. It historically has been in excellent shape. The course is in the worst shape I’ve seen it. Crabgrass is growing in many of the bunkers. This may because resources are being dedicated to the two new courses they are planning to open next year. Hopefully the they will bring this course back to the condition I have been used to.

Outstanding

Very scenic layout with springs everywhere.. The course plays very fairly from the whites. Not too tight, but requires plenty of shot making. You will hit every club in the bag....

Watch out for Buffalos

This was my 1st time playing since Bass Pro/Big Cedar had taken over the course. They have turned it into a Outdoorsmans golf resort. The details are fantastic. There are numerous covered bridges blended into the rolling hills of Southwest Missouri. I didn't see them but I hear there are buffalo roaming on the range :-)

Today the wind was gusting up to 20 mph so the course [from the tips] played very difficult but I managed to post a 77 thanks to a hole out and my trusty Swing by Swing GPS app.

The daily rate during the week is going to be close to $150 but I played at the Fall rate of $65... it's well worth the play at that rate... or even at $150.

Go check it out.

Note: this is an un-walkable course :-(

I really liked the course. Generous landing area on most holes. Greens in great shape. Keep ball in the fairway and you will enjoy this course. Didn't see any Buffalo at this time of year.

Love this course

The course was in fantastic shape but I had to knock the rating down a star due to the slow greens and the fact that they only the first 3 sets of tees available. Kind of disheartening to find out that you just drove 250 miles and paid $100 to play a course that only gives you the option to play a 7000 yd course at 6200 yds or shorter. Either way we still enjoyed the course and it was very challenging even at that short length. The course views are spectacular and the condition of the course was great. Next time I will ask about the course set up when making the tee time.

Challenging Golf Course

If you are in the Branson Mo, area, you have to stop by and play the Buffalo Ridge. The staff at Buffalo Ridge are some of the friendlies staff I have meet.
Our starter, Mike, was so helpful by giving us tips on each of the holes.
Hole 7 par 3 call the Intimidator maybe one of the hardest I have played.
The Scene is beautiful, nice covered bridges , water ways,etc
I am looking forward to coming back in the fall to play it again.

Fun course, challenging & great value

First off, I played the course twice, these last two afternoons in a row, wow what a value, $100. Super practice facility, great quality range balls, not a muni bone in its body. The course, reminded me of a really cool well designed inland California course, tracking along creeks, across drop offs and mind blowing down hill open vista type par 4 & 5's, especially on the back nine.

Typical of a Fazio course, Some of the holes have false fronts on the greens, especially the elevated greens. I'm not a fan of this design feature, in my opinion. But Fazio gets the max best routing for the layout as a rule from a a property tract, he did it here too!

Maybe a few of the fairways on the front nine need some aeration and sanding, turf seems sparse and ground hard. Having said that, there was no roll, played the fairly back tees, fairways grass was cut a longer length and conditions were really wet from recent heavy rains . I thought the bent grass greens were super nice! All the staff I met was very pleasant and friendly.

The rough & off the fairway on most very hole was ferocious, heavy, high and really very unforgiving, lost ball peril. Must be impossible for a local charity scramble. Beginners & folks who spray the ball will be forever looking for lost balls.

I'm a ardent walker and always carry my own walking bag, only 12 clubs. No way you can walk this course. Distance between holes will eat your lunch. Get a cart!

I'm coming back , loved it overall !!!

beautiful course

Course was in great shape, views were unbelievable, and it was absolutely a joy to play this course. Will definitely come back to play here if I am in this area again.

Fazio design receiving the Big Cedar, Morris golden touch

You can tell work is still underway at Buffalo Ridge Springs (formerly Branson Creek). While this Tom Fazio design has always been considered one of the best courses in the Branson area, Johnny Morris, owner of Big Cedar Lodge and Top of the Rock, has been busy squeezing every ounce of potential out of the property. New facilities and some enhancements to the course have been ongoing, and there's currently one temporary hole as the par-4 4th is re-graded and grassed.

I have little doubt that when the enhancements are complete, this will be a five-star facility through and through. For now, it's a four-star with a lot of five-star touches, from covered bridges and a wonderful comfort station on the front nine to a smattering of waterfalls, roaming buffalo and some really exciting downhill tee shots with fabulous, expansive views.

4.6190666667