Big Creek Golf Course

Year Built 2000
Fairways Zoysia Grass
Greens L-93 Bent Grass
Architect Kevin Atkinson (2000) Tom Clark (2000)

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Fivesomes Allowed No. Only with permission
Dress code Denim is not allowed; Gentlemen must wear shirts with collars & sleeves; Appropriate fashion tops for women.

First rate!

Hardly a blade of grass out of place! Excellent greens! Go play it!

Hidden gem

Great course for money. Only negative traps were on a 5 scale. Greens excellent

Almost Criminal

After being charged $140.75 we were unable to travel because of restrictions living in New York State. I called, emailed, and text both GolfNow and the course sharing our circumstances. I was basically told that all will be fine, reservation cancelled and no charge to the card used.
Well, that really was a lie. I was charged after many communications with recorded, chat sessions, and even three people at the course. I was never even in the state on July 3rd to enjoy the course.
Anyway, our only option now will be to dispute the charges with the bank I guess.
Nobody at GolfNow will even talk about it, everything is back to a chat online that is nearly impossible to start.

I will avoid GolfNow and their criminal tactics.

Fun and Friendly

Lots of people playing. They were all layer back and let my play through. Easy in and out! Good mix of long and short holes.

Course was in great shape. Front nine is the easier of the two. Good warm up for the back.

Awesome course!

If someone complains about this golf course, then that someone needs to get shot!!
Best golfing since playing tpc Southwind this spring.
Fairways are amazing, greens are receptive and rolling true, even the roughs are immaculate!
Can’t wait to play here again.

The "Horse Race"!

Always a few impatient players. They (perhaps from TLCC) anxious to get many holes in before an "appointment"!. By far most "stay in their lane" but there are always some that want to 'get there" before everyone else. Since the scenery is beautiful one would thing people could enjoy it all.

Pace of play was slow

This is a pretty course that was in great condition. The staff was friendly. The facilities were great. I’d be prepared for possible slow play though. I know it doesn't matter where the course is there will be a chance to get stuck behind people who are slow. This is my second time there and both times I got stuck behind slow groups that were unwilling to let a single around them. It’s probably just my luck but I still don’t like it. Great course though. Just keep that in mind when going there.

Can’t miss public golf in Arkansas

I have played this golf course on multiple occasions. Seems like I always play it when the grass is dormant but guess that’s my fault. Big Creek is a golf course that is worth playing multiple times, it is that good. The course isn’t much different from the first time I played it, only difference being is that they decided to change their bunkers just a little as well as get rid of a select few of them. Outside of that, seems like this course never changes and that’s a great thing, because it is a great place to play. I believe the course’s biggest strength is it’s wide variety of holes it offers! The par threes are all different in length, the par fives are solid and offer a couple of risk reward opportunities, but the par fours are fantastic! The par fours range from drivable holes like numbers 3 and 16, to absolute brutes in the likes of 7 and 18. Inbetween those are very thoughtful holes with all sorts of options you can take.
As far as conditioning, I can’t really speak for the summer months but the last two times I have played it (late November and mid March), it has been in very acceptable shape. The grass hasn’t had time to grow so there are quite a few sod patches around the lips of the bunkers that are basically ground under repair. The fairways were in great shape, the rough was easily playable, and the greens were a very good speed considering the time of year. They do seem to have added new collars around a few of their greens and those will also need some time to grow in. Overall, a very well maintained course, especially in the dormant season.
This public golf course is a must play in Arkansas, so if you’re ever going through or near Mountain Home, take the time and play Big Creek!

Plays Twice a year

Great golf course!

If you are in the Mountain Home area, this is a must play! Got a weekday round fo $40 on GolfNow - a real bargain! Bent greens and Zoysia fairways. Never a bad lie. Greens were fast and tricky, plus the wind got up a bit mid-round. I was a single and the two old geezers in front of me made me wait on every shot. There was no course Marshall. That was the only negative. Go play!!

Wonderful course

Rained all morning; the rain stopped 15 miinutes prior to tee time. Course was a little wet but it didn't interfere with play. By the 5th hole the sun had come out an it was beautiful - agina no wet spots in the fairwars, traps or greens and the course was extremely playable and fair. This is the second time I've played this couse and the first for the rest of the foursome - everybody loved it. Highly recommended for anyone from a hack (me) to a scratch golfer (my daughter and son in law.)

Very playable and well maintained course.

Big Creek is definitely the nicest course in the area ! The fairways and greens are in really nice shape even in the hot weather. No dried out burnt grass. The course is pretty challenging and fun to play. The staff is super friendly also. It's always a pleasure to play here ! The only downside would be no GPS on the carts.

Had a great time

The course was beautiful and in great shape. I was really impressed and will come back. The guy at the pro shop was friendly and helpful. It was a pretty challenging course but well designed.

Always welcomed

Ray, in the Pro Shop, takes good care of me. He's great and the course is very good too.

Mountain Home, Arkansas