Big Creek Golf Course
Scorecard for Big Creek
Black M: 75.8/134 398 561 351 163 608 180 491 430 459 3641 549 455 440 203 583 394 325 253 477 3679 7320
Blue M: 73.1/129 364 521 329 143 563 161 449 382 428 3340 513 392 408 186 562 359 305 216 459 3400 6740
White M: 70.6/125 338 487 298 117 539 139 414 352 394 3078 488 376 323 165 529 331 288 192 427 3119 6197
Gold M: 68.6/120 W: 73.2/132 308 460 279 96 522 118 381 340 377 2881 475 355 308 147 516 316 271 169 369 2926 5807
Red W: 69.3/127 270 407 221 89 438 101 350 302 353 2531 399 277 287 123 467 271 222 154 337 2537 5068

Year Built 2000
Fairways Zoysia
Greens L-93 bent grass

Clubs No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Fivesomes Allowed Fivesomes allowed only with pro
Dress code Denim is not allowed; Gentlemen must wear shirts with collars & sleeves; Appropriate fashion tops for women.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Arkansas (2018 #3)

The "Horse Race"!

Always a few impatient players. They (perhaps from TLCC) anxious to get many holes in before an "appointment"!. By far most "stay in their lane" but there are always some that want to 'get there" before everyone else. Since the scenery is beautiful one would thing people could enjoy it all.

Pace of play was slow

This is a pretty course that was in great condition. The staff was friendly. The facilities were great. I’d be prepared for possible slow play though. I know it doesn't matter where the course is there will be a chance to get stuck behind people who are slow. This is my second time there and both times I got stuck behind slow groups that were unwilling to let a single around them. It’s probably just my luck but I still don’t like it. Great course though. Just keep that in mind when going there.

Can’t miss public golf in Arkansas

I have played this golf course on multiple occasions. Seems like I always play it when the grass is dormant but guess that’s my fault. Big Creek is a golf course that is worth playing multiple times, it is that good. The course isn’t much different from the first time I played it, only difference being is that they decided to change their bunkers just a little as well as get rid of a select few of them. Outside of that, seems like this course never changes and that’s a great thing, because it is a great place to play. I believe the course’s biggest strength is it’s wide variety of holes it offers! The par threes are all different in length, the par fives are solid and offer a couple of risk reward opportunities, but the par fours are fantastic! The par fours range from drivable holes like numbers 3 and 16, to absolute brutes in the likes of 7 and 18. Inbetween those are very thoughtful holes with all sorts of options you can take.
As far as conditioning, I can’t really speak for the summer months but the last two times I have played it (late November and mid March), it has been in very acceptable shape. The grass hasn’t had time to grow so there are quite a few sod patches around the lips of the bunkers that are basically ground under repair. The fairways were in great shape, the rough was easily playable, and the greens were a very good speed considering the time of year. They do seem to have added new collars around a few of their greens and those will also need some time to grow in. Overall, a very well maintained course, especially in the dormant season.
This public golf course is a must play in Arkansas, so if you’re ever going through or near Mountain Home, take the time and play Big Creek!

Great golf course!

If you are in the Mountain Home area, this is a must play! Got a weekday round fo $40 on GolfNow - a real bargain! Bent greens and Zoysia fairways. Never a bad lie. Greens were fast and tricky, plus the wind got up a bit mid-round. I was a single and the two old geezers in front of me made me wait on every shot. There was no course Marshall. That was the only negative. Go play!!

Wonderful course

Rained all morning; the rain stopped 15 miinutes prior to tee time. Course was a little wet but it didn't interfere with play. By the 5th hole the sun had come out an it was beautiful - agina no wet spots in the fairwars, traps or greens and the course was extremely playable and fair. This is the second time I've played this couse and the first for the rest of the foursome - everybody loved it. Highly recommended for anyone from a hack (me) to a scratch golfer (my daughter and son in law.)

Very playable and well maintained course.

Big Creek is definitely the nicest course in the area ! The fairways and greens are in really nice shape even in the hot weather. No dried out burnt grass. The course is pretty challenging and fun to play. The staff is super friendly also. It's always a pleasure to play here ! The only downside would be no GPS on the carts.

Had a great time

The course was beautiful and in great shape. I was really impressed and will come back. The guy at the pro shop was friendly and helpful. It was a pretty challenging course but well designed.

Always welcomed

Ray, in the Pro Shop, takes good care of me. He's great and the course is very good too.

This course was in great shape. We had fun and played some challenging holes. Pace of play was excellent. We really enjoyed it. Was worth the drive from Branson.

Great course!!

Course was in great shape. This is a must play and for the value can’t beat it. I wish it was closer to my house I would play this course all the time. Great diversity of holes and scenery, just an all around great course.

Cool windy - ist day of the Fall

Other than the unexpected weather, the course was great.

nice place to play

was a little cold when we started but the sun came out on the back 9 and was nice. had a great time.

Love it

The layout is very fair for all levels/ tee boxes. Open fairways and not too tight. You get to use your driver as well as a few target golf par 4s. Greens are bent grass and true, respond to spin, and be prepared to fix ball marks! Fairways and traps are very well maintained. Had a great time! Staff is nice to all.

Beautiful course challenging layout

Fairway grass very green and the ball set up off the ground nice.
We played 2 days after a large college golf tournament and the course was still in excellent shape.
Great club house to have a drink or meal after a round of golf.

fc45e8a5-eff0-594f-92bf-564ca7740a12
u00000140276
Commented On 08/16/2017

Hello from Big Creek. We appreciate your positive comments, but were wondering about the low overall rating of 1 star you gave the course; they don't seem to jibe.
We take customer service seriously, and if there is an issue we need to be aware of, please contact our PGA professional. We look forward to your return visit.

Great experience

Outstanding day of golf. The staff were great and the course was also great. Would highly recommend this course.

top notch experience

I enjoy treating my sons to golf when I can and this course makes that both affordable and enjoyable. This is by far, the most well maintained and managed golf facility within 100 miles of Mountain Home, AR. period.

Remote but worth the effort

Played here on a Sunday morning while traveling to home. Reason I played was its rating at top public in Ark. Staff was very nice, course condition was very good, layout was somewhat challenging, pace of play was great, I just wish this course was closer to home. I'll certainly play again.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
Bull Shoals, Arkansas
Theodosia, Missouri

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club