Venetian Golf & River Club

IV / Gold 72 5457 yards 72.0 120
Red Ball 72 5259 yards 70.7 118
V / Red (W) 72 5023 yards 69.1 115
Scorecard for Venetian Golf and River Club
Black M: 74.4/129 428 517 178 403 365 386 560 220 392 3449 414 202 456 155 548 331 377 474 525 3482 6931
Blue M: 72.3/124 402 500 168 380 342 358 543 207 372 3272 388 192 425 150 522 308 350 443 503 3281 6553
Black Ball M: 70.9/121 360 500 148 348 342 358 495 173 372 3096 388 178 382 150 522 308 318 388 503 3137 6233
White M: 69.5/118 360 480 148 348 317 331 495 173 364 3016 349 178 382 135 490 285 318 388 487 3012 6028
Yellow M: 67.0/115 W: 72.0/120 342 415 130 323 296 301 430 151 334 2722 329 158 350 115 439 259 299 362 414 2725 5447
Red Ball W: 70.7/118 308 415 123 323 265 301 407 151 307 2600 329 142 350 115 439 234 299 337 414 2659 5259
Red M: 65.2/113 W: 69.1/118 308 400 123 291 265 274 407 132 307 2507 302 142 324 100 405 234 272 337 400 2516 5023
Green W: 66.9/111 286 369 123 267 207 249 374 132 279 2286 245 111 281 100 359 192 243 306 356 2193 4479

Year Built 2003
Greens TifEagle® greens
Architect Chip Powell

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks, golf shorts or walking shorts are permitted; Tank tops, tee shirts, fishnet tops, cut-offs, jams, sweat pants, blue jeans, bathing suits or other athletic shorts are not permitted

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2014 #4)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2014 #47)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2015 #25)

Entertaining Clients 16

Very Nice Facility

If you are looking for a place to work off some of that winter rust, then this is the place. Great meandering layout with very generous fairways to work your game back into shape. A warning though, the greens are undulating and very quick. It takes a few putts to get the hang of the speed. It was a great day at the Venetian Golf and River Club.

Very nice layout

It takes an hour drive from Ft Meyers to get there but it is definitely worth to do it. Very friendly staff (starter and marshall), challenging course and great shape of the course.

great layout

Very nice course I would rank it in the top 3 I have played in this area. The traps were in great shape better than most and there is a lot of them and they are well placed. Greens were quick and rolled great, very large and lots of elevation change. Staff was very friendly .

Beautiful facilities, great design, good test

I played tees that were approximately 6,600 yards, but there were several sets that were shorter. The course is a great design, with a nice combination of short and long par fours. There are significant bunkers on every hole and most are logically placed to make every hold a bit challenging. The greens were slow, but still very difficult. I would guess that they could be somewhat painful if the greens were rolling fast. Almost every green had several levels, and it is extremely important to be on the correct level. Most of the staff was great, but the started must have either been very stressed out that day, or else is just a complete jerk. Otherwise...an excellent experience. I am a 5 handicap and found this to be a challenging and enjoyable course. It is absolutely worth playing.

Seen it in better shape

I've played this course many times. A nice layout. Several tee boxes to choose from. The price was right, just $17 thru GolfNow. The greens were a little crusty. Hopefully they get them in shape soon. But for the price, how could you complain.

Could easily been rated five stars if...

The course is beautiful. The forward tees made the round enjoyable without having a lot of trouble for the ladies in our group. However, I had made two tee times through this app. One for threesome and one for a twosome. (I had the confirmation numbers and times on my phone.). When we went to check in and pay, they only had the theesome on their starters list. The starter was rude and grumpy but they managed to adjust the schedule to make it work. The cashier at the desk never looked at me directly to apologize for the mix up and we got the feeling that we were an annoyance to the staff since we were non-members. Since we were new to the course, we arrived early. We got to our carts and headed to the first tee. When we were almost to the tee, the starter stopped us and said "go back". You are way too early. Will call you. Would have been a lot nicer had they given us the protocol at the desk as to how we would be called to the tee. We enjoyed playing the course, but did not get the "warm fuzzy" feeling from the counter and starter staff. (The gentlemen who handled our bags were very courteous and helpful). If anyone in our group were contemplating joining the club, the counter staff and starter were not good ambassadors.

Great Course, Amazing Value

got an amazing deal with golf now. Course was in really nice condition and was and the price was a steal, $19 for 18 holes and a cart. I'm an average golfer with a terrible lefty slice but Still enjoyed it a lot. Can be rather challenging, some holes have a lot of water hazards and others are surrounded by bunkers. Greens have challenging patterns and are rarely flat, makes for some interesting puts/chips. Golf carts each come with a cooler and ice which is a nice to have on hot Florida days. Free range balls are provided.

Beautiful facility

Very well manicured course. Huge greens. Private course November through May. Great value on Golf now.

A true gem!

For a Florida course, it had a lot of uldulation; from the fairway to the greens. Some greens were 2 and 3 tiers. The greens were aerified about 3 weeks ago, and weren't rolling smooth yet. I can only think of 3 holes that the punch marks were a slight issue; the rest had a little bit of sand left on them but rolled perfect. 5 different tee boxes. One of them makes a par 3 over 210 yards from the blue and can be a very tricky shot. We paid $25 through Golf Now, and honestly felt like they were losing a ton of money. But it was an absolute steal for us.

Very nice course

Would appear that it Might be difficult to get a tee time during the season when everyone is here

Great value

I was thrilled to have the opportunity to play this course which is completely private during the Florida golf season. Staff knew who I was from the time I stepped out of the car. Very impressive! Course was excellent. Fairways and greens were in Tour type condition. Great value, great course, great opportunity.

Members very rude and some staff too.

Several members would not talk or acknowledge your presence. Rudest members I have ever encountered by far. Starter and greeters were a little rude too. Called day before and Pro Shop said course was perfect but when I arrived the greens had been severely verticut. One of the roughest example of this I have ever seen. The course itself is above average and I enjoyed it well enough. However, this rating of 4.8 is not understandable to me at all. I give the course a 4.0 to 4.1. Much lower if you count how we were treated and misinformed.

Treated poorly. Above average course. Lied to about condition of Greens.

Please read my other reviews if you think this review is harsh. I am usually not this way. 1. Called about course conditions and was not told about severe verticutting of greens the day before. Greens looked rough and lost about 20-30 % of their proper roll. I might still have played if they told me but not being told was dishonest and very disappointing after a 90 minute drive. 2. Treated less than well by the starter and bag receiving personnel. Pro shop staff was amiable. 3. Treated the poorest I have ever been at any golf course or country club by the members. Many would not even acknowledge your presence or return a hello or wave. Amazing rudeness. 4. I mildly enjoyed the golf course. Ample fairways, some water but no swamps, not many trees, room to play on most holes. Nice but not visually impressive very often. Have no idea where the 4.8 rating came from. 4.1 in my book. World Woods (Brooksville), Southern Dunes (Haines City) and a dozen high end courses in Orlando are superior in many ways. These places are always worth the trip.

This course has great features

Golf course is great, I love to playGolf course is great, I love to play

Great golf on VACATION

Coarse has awesome character, and wonderful challenge for any player. Amazed by the entire coarse, and will be playing again tomorrow

Wonderful staff, impressive clubhouse and pro shop. Very good range. Course in perfect shapen and an awesome layout. Getting out to play there was an all around treat. Ten out of ten !

Course Condition Could Not Be Better

Rough, Fairways, Greens were all in excellent condition. Best we've seen this year in the area. Facilities are excellent. Nice chipping area right before 1st tee. Frequent ice and water stations at restrooms throughout the course.

Florida Advisor

Links style course similar to The Club @ Eaglebrooke, Venetian Bay GC, & Mystic Dunes Resort & GC.

1:36 tee time w/ wife & neighbor couple for $22.00 + thru Golfnow. Long drive but well worth the trip. Fun & picturesque course in huge subdivision but gives feeling of being in resort. Nice range of wild life. Well maintained. Range balls free w/ round. Wide tee shot landing areas. Tee boxes plush. Fairways cut tight, producing long rolls for tee shots. Huge elevated undulated greens rolling true & fast. Battery powered carts w/ windshield & rain cover.Will definitely play again when in area.

Very Nice Course

This a very nice course, open fairways,fairway bunkers are placed well and the Greens, well, they are great.

Course knowledge would help

Well groomed course. the greens were fair and fast but course knowledge would have helped. Some of the greens were extremely undulated and large. Two clubs large! Knowing the greens would dictate the approach. Great course though. Risk rewards were awesome. Definitely score better next round.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019