Designed by Rees Jones, Broad Run Golfer's Club boasts one of the best layouts in the area. The course sprawls across over 370 acres of rolling hills countryside. The dramatic elevations are definitely not something you would expect from a golf course that is conveniently situated so close to downtown Philadelphia. The elevated tees feel as though they're in the clouds and mature trees frame most of the holes. There are hazards lurking throughout the golf course including swampy marshlands and tall, dense grasses that are all just waiting to swallow errant shots. It is a challenging layout no doubt but it is made more player friendly with generous fairways and Jones was also light on the bunkering. One of the most difficult and scenic holes is the par-5 15th. This hole plays uphill, featuring a blind tee shot to a plateau green surrounded by trees.

Broad Run Golfer's Club

Year Built 2000
Fairways Bent (Princeville)
Greens Bent (G2)
Golf Season Open year round (weather permitting)
Architect Rees Jones (2000) Keith Evans (2000)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Collared golf shirt or mock turtleneck. Golf style shorts or pant

Banquet Facilities

Great course, terrible pace of play

This course is in beautiful condition and enjoyable to play. My only issue is they keep you on the cart paths for half of the holes and the wide fairways make the walk back and forth very time consuming.

Played twice within the past week and both rounds averages 5hrs.

Great layout

Broad run has one of best layouts in area with some terrific holes. Course was in fair shape and obvious heavy play. Have feedback to starter and pro shop that pace of play was terrible for a day with low play volume. Took 5.5 hrs and no one was managing the 4 some two holes ahead who were more interested in socializing and drinking beer.

Fun Day...Beautiful Views

I was paired up with friendly people. Great weather and course was in excellent shape. I usually dont like hilly courses but this one ended up being the exception. It was a fun day playing.
Staff was friendly.
They were careful with the covid-19 situation.
My only complaint was length of time it took to play which was 5 hours.. Since this was my first time playing here, i dont know if that is normal.
Will definitely return. It might even be my new favorite course to play in the area.

Great Course, Great Layout

If you’re in Chester County, PA, looking to play some golf at a challenging and fair layout, you can’t go wrong at Broad Run. Friendly staff takes care of you from the time you arrive.

Challenging and beautiful course but mis-managed.

This year has been a good time for many to pick up golf as one of the only past times available for some time. I definitely have been out more this year than years past. When courses re-opened I had no problem paying a premium as I know they needed to make up for the longer time between tee times and lost time shutdown. Slowly the tee times have gotten more close together back to 10 minutes. Had a confrontation with the Ranger when we saw him first. We asked how we were doing, he informed us we were "perfect." On the same hole (par 3) he comes back to tell us we need to play best ball the next hole to speed up. We were pushing the folks in front of us all day. The course should not expect everyone to keep paying $99/round while shortening tee time spacings to then harass golfers who are not the hold up. Just overall poor situation that makes you not want to go back. For the price you may as well hit Glenn Mills. Also at the turn, both groups (two foursomes) were told we were at 3 hours for the front when we were at 2:35. Ended up finishing the round 7 minutes after the pace of play estimate. Stop ruining people's gorgeous days on the links.

excellent course

First time here today. Staff was friendly and helpful. course was in great condition and the views were incredible. We got a paired up with a Club member Luke and he was like our guide for the day. If you know Luke, be sure to tell him he’s awesome! Overall, this a must play course and we will be back!

Broad Run is certainly a "Golfers" Course

The golf course was in great shape, minus a couple of tee boxes. The layout is really good and the variety of holes are a lot of fun and quite challenging, even from the white tees.
The pace of play was a different story, as it took just over 5 hours to play. It would have been nice to see a marshall riding around and also a cart person selling drinks.

Broad Run - First Impressions

Unique layout. Friendly staff. Like many courses, they’re squeezing in rounds to make up for Covid. Course conditions petty good, but rough is a little aggressive. Several shots from group hit fairway, rolled out to first cut, lost ball. Greens were fast, but no give/receptiveness. But for as much play they are getting they were in good condition. Would play here again.

Inconsistent greens

I love the layout of this course, except for the greens being a bit inconsistent they were in descent condition, 5 hour round(not counting the 15 minute ride from 18 back to the clubhouse)is definitely too long. For $99 I expect 5 star conditions and I expect a ranger out on the course keeping things moving, not just observing. Having said that I will try the course again and hope for better results.

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Broad Run Golfer's Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Excellent course that's well maintained

This course is definitely one of the best in the area. The staff are very friendly and inviting. The course is very well maintained for the amount of acres that it covers. It's a challenging course as well, with beautiful layouts throughout the course.

I'd recommend this course to anyone. I'll be back several times in the future as well.

Love this Chester County PA Gem!

I try to play this course at least one a week. The layout is great (I describe it as visually intimidating).
A couple of tee boxes that don’t get much sun need some work, but otherwise it’s in good shape.
The staff is always friendly and accommodating to me.
I try to play during the week to keep the cost down, $99 for a weekend round is steep, but don’t let that keep you from playing this course.

Broad Run

Course was in great shape as usual but pace of play was terrible. 5 hour round is NOT good. The starter told us they were on pace but we waited 10 minutes to actually to hit our tee shots on the very first hole. Waited on every hole.

Interesting course

Enjoyable and challenging to play. Had a good experience. HOWEVER please help me understand what makes it a course that commands a $99 greens fee which is generally double that of other great courses in the s.e. Pennsylvania region. I didn't see it.

Commented on 09/01/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Please know that we are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Broad Run Golfer's Club. We hope to see you again in the future.

Fun golf outing

Broad Run is a challenging course. Each hole presents its own challenge for golfers at every level. The course is well kept - the greens are in great condition. All the staff are friendly and helpful. A fun time. Good pace of play included.

Great course layout.

Course was in good condition. But the rough was cut too high which made finding balls difficult and slowed down play.
It is best to have played the course once to avoid some surprise blind shots.

Other than a miserable starter, the pro shop and restaurant staff were very friendly and professional.

Our foursome would all recommend the course and will be back again.

Expensive with poor conditions

Let’s start off with for $100 green fee the course has to be immaculate with really friendly staff, this place has neither. The Pro shop cashier seemed annoyed and confrontational from the start no good morning how are you guys etc. then we met Drill Sargent Harda** I mean the starter who sternly talked to us of this odd fairway only rule like we were children and that if we went on the rough it would be thanks for the $100 donation and we will kick you off the course if we see your cart on it. Wow ok crazy strange rule but great start to the day so far. We hit the range and within 15 min are rushed off cuz “ we’re up “ so we head to the 1st tee box where we proceed to stand at the 1st tee box for 10 min watching the guys in front of us hit off, why were we pulled so early? Already annoyed. The course conditions just don’t justify the price at all. Ball marks all over the greens, wet course even without it raining, bad rough condition, ok fairway condition. I heard it was a top 5 course in the state so I wanted to play it, but I’m 1 and done. I’ve played $35 courses with better conditions, absolutely not worth it. Not to mention a 4 hour 45 min play through and we never got backed up. Very long, very expensive, not very friendly, not very nice. Just not worth it, save your money and go to honeybrook or moccasin run.

Commented on 08/25/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Great golf experience

One of the best public courses in Pa. Slightly over priced but it does deliver with the full package for a memorable golf experience. Public golf course with private club conditions. Greens were punched a week ago, and they were healed enough to not effect putts. Pro shop notified us a day prior or tee time would be delayed 10 minutes due to course maintenance, which was appreciated. Friendly convo from the outside staff rounded out the day. Great day!

Pathetic Customer Service

Called the pro shop to make a tee time. After going to voicemail 4 times, I booked online. No mention whatsoever about greens just being punched. Staff WAS NOT WEARING MASKS. I asked why no one mentioned online that there was aeration, they couldn’t come up with an answer.

Price was absurd for what we got. And I checked weekend prices.. $99 for an aerated course? Don’t bother.

Commented on 08/18/2020

Hello, thanks for the review. We see that you rated the course 1 star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course, and we always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Broad Run Golfer's Club.

Thorndale, Pennsylvania