Bear Creek Golf Complex - Bear Course

2.6

The Bear Course is one of two courses at the Bear Creek Golf Complex; it is a championship-length course while the other, the Cub Course, is an executive length course. The Bear Course is an inland, links-style course with rolling fairways and well-manicured greens. Strategically placed bunkers situated throughout the course add some challenge to the course. A round of golf on this course can be played in less than four hours. The Bear Creek Golf Complex, in addition to the two courses, also offers a full grass driving range, two putting greens, and a short game area with a bunker.
Bear Creek Golf Complex - Bear Championship
Scorecard for Bear
Gold M: 71.6/122 397 154 513 363 179 556 421 211 458 3252 437 460 531 406 458 196 299 228 558 3573 6825
Blue M: 69.6/116 367 144 485 346 164 544 411 176 423 3060 398 452 522 393 376 185 289 211 532 3358 6418
White M: 67.3/110 W: 73.0/122 334 129 472 291 139 508 370 142 399 2784 385 420 492 371 369 172 276 187 522 3194 5978
Combo W: 68.9/111 278 129 472 291 139 466 301 142 377 2595 385 325 492 371 293 89 276 162 454 2847 5442
Red W: 66.7/104 278 101 416 242 124 466 301 113 377 2418 306 325 434 290 293 89 219 162 454 2572 4990

Year Built 2000
Architect Bill O'Leary Nicklaus (2000)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No tank tops or cutoffs.

Nice course, no water

The Bear course is well laid out to be fun to play, and it is. Greens were very slow compared to other Phoenix area courses, but other than that the course was green and well maintained.

There is one glaring problem. There is no drinking water on the course. No drinking water on a course in the desert southwest?? That to me is a major problem in that today, a Friday, no beverage cart traveled the course. To say the least I was pretty dry by the time the round finished

Good value

Fun track with some variety. Greens tend to be a bit bumpy and a touch slow but other than tat conditions tend to be fairly good here. They are starting their over seeding now 9/22 so you’ll need to look elsewhere for a while

Great day of golf

I have been playing twice a week this summer. I have played from Scottsdale and throughout the valley and the Bear was in the best condition of them all. I could not find a dead spot in the fairways, something I can not say about most of the courses throughout the valley. The staff was great and friendly as always. GREAT JOB to the staff at Bear Creek.

Chandler, AZ Golf

In the area for work and had a little time off so I was able to enjoy a round of golf at this course. I will return and play again when in the area.

Course is Improving

Played midweek in the morning so pace not an issue, finished in three hours. Fairways were fairly wet but were in pretty good shape. Greens had been aerated a few weeks ago and were in much better shape than they were a few months ago. As the course conditions continue to improve I'll play more.

Very generous forgiving layout

Played on fathers day;

Pace : finished in 3hours.

Green : Super Slow

Layout : Very generous fairway

Good value for the money; hot-deal golfnow.

First Rain in 96 Days

It was so nice to have a cool breezy day with a little sprinkle of rain periodically. Tee off time was late in the morning and the course wasn't crowded at all. Fairways were fine and the greens were good but a little slow. Enjoyed the round though.

Fun Challenging Course

Staff was very friendly. The conditions and layout was challenging but not overly difficult. The only thing I was disappointed with was that there was no beverage service on the course on a 100 degree day it would have been nice to be able to buy something to stay hydrated.

Good pace of plau

I have played this course dozens of times but this wax by far the worst condition I have seen it in. Dry fairways and greens that were patchy , bumpy and some areas of just sand . Hope they get better because this course is usually one of the best values in the east valley

Matt,

Thank you for coming out and playing a round with us! We appreciate your feedback. Please note we had some challenges with our greens over the winter months and we are working very hard to get them back and are proud to say they are coming back beautifully. Our General Manager would be more than happy to further discuss the great plans we have in place and the great improvements we have been making. Please call us in the Golf Shop and ask to speak to our General Manager.

Had a lot-o FUN

Hey I played the course a few weeks ago, the greens were ROUGH and ADVENTUROUS , ya said you were working on repairing the greens ... and they were MUCH improved THANKS, I had a great time

Paul,

Thank you for playing with us and for the positive feedback! Our team is working very hard to get the greens back in great shape and we appreciate you noticing. Every week things continue to improve and we hope you are enjoying watching the change.

Bear Creek Golf

Decent course for the money

Not a great course, but affordable. Great service in clubhouse & from beverage cart. I would play here again!

Foldsy,

Thank you for playing golf with us! We truly appreciate your feedback and glad you spent the day with us. Please note we had some challenges to our greens over the winter months and our Grounds Team is doing a great job getting them back. Heat is our friend and since you last played our greens look and play even better. We have some great specials and rates in play for the summer and we hope to see you again soon.

Nice course hanging strong

Enjoyed playing here but this round was a little rough. The staff and amenities are amazing but the course was a little beat up. Several greens had areas of dirt or mounds of dirt where work is being done. Will return but understanding that work is being done to improve some areas.

Commented On 06/10/2018

Thank you for coming out and enjoying a day with us. We are glad to know the staff did a great job of taking care of you.

Please note we had some greens challenges over the winter and our grounds team is doing a great job of getting them back. Since your round with us in Mid-May the greens are looking and playing a lot better. Please take a look at some of our great online specials and we hope to see you again soon.

Where do I start

So greens where slow bumpy and in rough shape, i get it that happens and golf advisor warned me going in. None of the outside ops staff even came to the bag drop just looked up from the shade when i pulled up and i got my bag and took them down myself. Did the same to the three cars after me. 100 degree day. No ice in the cart cooler in the three carts i checkef guess its grab your own cart there. No water on the course to refill what i did bring thankfully i brought a bottle saw the bev cart once on the 9th fairway. No starter to be found so just checked my phone and when it was time just went. Got to listen to music from other groups some of them 200 yards away no course ranger to be found people want music fine but i shouldnt have to be subjected to terrible speed metal from 2 faiways over. Joined the group in front of me as we and everyone behind us waited for the foursome in front of them with four open holes we passed them at the turn. 2:40 first nine. 1:25 second nine. no one addressed any of this stuff. Guess that was our job too just like everything else. It would be a 1 star but the layout is solid. Its a real DIY experience so dont expect a high end or even passible experience not what you would expect service wise in the Phoenix area. Dont think i will be back.

Commented On 06/10/2018

Thank you for playing golf with us and for you honest and detailed feedback.

Please note we do have a new General Manager and he would like to speak with you personally regarding your all around experience. Please contact the golf shop at 480-883-8200 and ask to speak to him.

GOOD TIME

COURSE WAS IN GOOD SHAPE, THEY ARE WORKING ON THE GREENS WHICH MADE PUTTING A REAL ADVENTURE :-))

Commented On 05/17/2018

Glad you had a great time Paul! Our greens are coming back nicely and looking forward to having them 100% back soon. Thank you for your loyalty!

Old Favorite

I used to play Bear Creek all the time when I lived in the East Valley, but since moving fairly far north, I haven't had the chance. Man did I miss this place!

Course staff was super friendly, from greeting me when I walked up, to the pro-shop staff that checked me in! I was a bit earlier for my tee-time, so I had some breakfast. It was great, the server was very knowledgeable of the facility and very easy to talk to.

Course was in great shape for this time of year, a bit firm, but nothing that hindered my game in any way. If nothing else, it made the greens much quicker than most courses I have been to lately.

Tee'd off around 8am (right on time) and played in just under 4 hours, a perfect Mother's Day!

I wish I lived closer as I used to play here once a week. Course is definitely under better management now. Can't wait to see what kind of improvements are to come.

Thanks to the staff for allowing my group to have a great day, filled with friendly faces and warm welcomes!

Commented On 05/17/2018

Thank you for the great feedback and for making the "long drive" to play Bear Creek! Glad to hear our staff took great care of you. Hope you had a great Mother's Day and we look forward to having you back sooner than later.

The greens are brutal

For the money there are much better alternatives. Almost all the greens had sizable chunks of new sod sitting in the middle of a dead patch. Quite easily the worst greens I've seen in the Phoenix area.

The rest of the course seemed fairly well taken care of, and the pace of play was excellent. Got through 18 in three and a half hours. Wide open layout, even if you spray it you'll probably still be in play.

Commented On 05/17/2018

Thank you for coming out to play and for your honest feedback! Bear Creek - Bear Course experienced some challenges this season on the greens and we are working hard to create a long term solution to the problem. Our greens are about 90% back and should be back to its normal conditions soon. If you would like to further discuss the course conditions with us, please feel free to call us at 480-883-8200 and our General Manager would be more than happy to speak with you.

Bear Creek

Greens condition could have been better

Bear Creek is my local course. It's a fun place to play. We were surprised in the greens condition. Some were ok to pretty good and some were pretty bad. Didn't see the cart girl until the back 9 on a Saturday. I'll play there again though!

Commented On 05/17/2018

Thank you for coming out to play Bear Creek and for your comments. We experienced an unforeseen challenge on our greens over the cooler months and are working hard to get them back. We are almost back and are looking forward to the hot summer months to get them where they need to be for now and many years to come.

Saturday's are busy days at Bear Creek and we'll make sure our staff keeps you informed on our beverage cart service throughout your round.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bear Creek

Worst greens in the valley

I had not played this course in awhile so I thought I would give it a try. I really can't think of a word that would adequately describe how poor the condition of the greens are... "heinous".

The greens are so bad right now, I can't believe they are charging people to play. Pass on this course until they fix this issue.

Commented On 05/17/2018

PMshift123 - Thank you for playing golf with us and for sharing your feedback. We are sorry you had such a regretful experience on our greens. We would like an opportunity to speak to you directly. Please call us at 480-883-8200 and ask to speak to our General Manager who will be more than happy to listen and discuss your concerns.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019