Style Parkland
Orange 72 6783 yards 72.0 134
Teal 72 5312 yards 70.2 122
Teal (W) 72 5312 yards 70.5 126
Scorecard for Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail At Ross Bridge
Black M: 78.4/147 620 467 470 226 469 207 619 502 518 4098 477 208 454 698 239 458 571 501 487 4093 8191
Purple M: 75.0/140 573 430 445 202 417 194 561 447 410 3679 454 184 429 614 219 415 538 467 447 3767 7446
Orange M: 72.0/134 543 395 422 155 380 185 519 408 377 3384 417 167 408 540 176 366 511 411 403 3399 6783
White M: 69.5/128 W: 75.5/136 511 322 392 146 337 174 484 376 341 3083 387 133 357 519 163 341 477 382 358 3117 6200
Teal W: 70.5/126 463 278 366 140 303 110 458 311 285 2714 273 120 326 403 130 293 410 334 309 2598 5312

Year Built 2005
Architect Roger Rulewich (2005)

Carts Yes - $20
GPS Yes: ProShot GPS Yardage System

Putting Green Yes - Bent grass

Metal Spikes Allowed Non-Metal spikes preferred
Dress code Customary Golf Attire Required

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 6

One of the Most Beautiful

One of the most beautiful courses I have played, and i’ve In 45 different states (only 5 to go)!
Great layout! Great condition. Greens immaculate, if not a bit slower than expected. I’d play it again in a heartbeat!!!

Georgia Advisor

Awesome Coure and Great Conditions - SLOW Pace of Play

I have played Ross Bridge several times and each time I love the course and the course conditions. Ross Bridge was a truly outstanding course.

The practice area is great (driving range with lots of targets, great chipping and pitching area and fun (and huge) putting green with balls provided at the range included in the greens fees price.

You have many options on each tee shot which enables you to take risks or enjoy a more peaceful approach to the green. Overall, it is a beautiful course that I will definitely play again.

The worst part of the entire day is the pace of play. There were four groups of golfers waiting on hole #14. It was pretty much the same for the entire back nine. The worst part is that I saw the course marshall four times during my round and never once did the pace of play pick up. The pace of play is AWFUL every time I play Ross Bridge. What a shame. Amazing course, terrible service and pace of play!!!

Enjoy a great course but be ready for a 5 to 6 hour round of golf!!!

Poor course management

Poor course management for a premium destination. Expect a really long day (5+ hours) and a lot of waiting on all shots. Management not interested in keeping pace up or help nudge slow groups to let others through.

You will get the classic, "oh sorry about that but thanks for coming out".

Outstanding conditions and layout; service did not measure up

This is a great layout. The holes are very interesting and well designed. Bunkers and water both matter ... a lot . The variety of tee boxes provides the right level of challenge for all levels of golfer.

Conditions were great. Course is in terrific shape.

There is no GPS in the carts, a serious miss for a course at this level.

Unfortunately, the service did not match the great course. It was impossible to get food at the turn (no server available and a staff member telling us we had to hurry). The beverage/food cart only found us twice in 5 hours. And then, it was not fully stocked (couldn't even provide two sandwiches). Our playing partners reported very long waits in the clubhouse for breakfast before our round. Just didn't measure up.

Beautiful Course! Challenging But Fun!

Nicest course I've ever played in terms of course conditions. Each green was like a carpet and the fairways rolled nice and long. This is a challenging course, but depending on which tees you shoot from you can have a decent round. I shot from the white tees (2nd ones back) and managed to hit a few pars and even a birdie on a par 5. Very few flat fairways (like most RTJ courses) but I didn't mind. Lots of water too. Would definitely return if I were to get another coupon for a free round, as this course is on the pricey side.

Wonderful course.

Ross Bridge was a truly outstanding course. You have many options on each shot which enables you to take risks or enjoy a more peaceful approach round of golf. There was a mix of golf holes that were relatively flat or had significant elevation changes. Overall, it was a beautiful course that I would love to play again.

Ross Bridge - Incredibly Amazing

My brother and I played 54 holes at Ross Bridge. The course is amazing. When you look at the course from the some of the tees, it appears like it goes on forever. Truly incredible! I give it an 8.5, but only because some of the edges on some greens weren't in great condition and they're doing maintenance on the #10 green. This is one of the most impressive courses we've ever played. If you're planning to play the RTJ Trail, this needs to be on your list!

Over The Top Conditions

Third time to play this course through the years and each time it has been better. I really enjoy the course and each shot produces a new challenge to any golfer. You better have all the shots. If you not under a 10-handicap I would suggest a large move forward! The first hole is a challenge even from the front tee. Second shot usually from a downhill lie to a heavily bunkered elevated green, in fact all greens are well protected.

Even though they experienced a difficult winter, they fared well. Progress is being made with new Zoysia collars around greens and many areas adjacent to fairways and under tall pines is being sodded with Zoysia.

We had an early tee time, second off, and never saw the singe in front of us, not was the group behind us ever close. Therefore our pace-of-play was perfect, about 3 1/2 hours.

Chicago Advisor

RTJ Golf Trail at Ross Bridge - Top 3 Course I've Played

The Good: Ross Bridge is the flagship golf course of the 11-site Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in Alabama and for good reason. It is as impressive in scale of an inland public course as I've played. Fantastic, well-conditioned design has a "poorer" man's Augusta feel with ample, huge fairways and super white sand traps. From the first hole you know you're in for a treat and the design consists of one of the best quartet's of Par 5's I've come across. Great variety in Par 4's and a couple strong Par 3's. Awesome clubhouse includes beautiful dining area, well-stocked pro shop, and expansive banquet and hotel accommodations. Top-notch practice facility and great service/amenities from check-in to the 19th hole. GPS on the carts is a nice bonus. Good value considering the $150 price tag and off-season and twilight rates are great.

The Bad: The green complex conditions were a little disappointing considering the quality of course. The Par 3's are really good but not as memorable as the other holes. Pace of play can be a little bit of an issue.

The Verdict: Ross Bridge is as visually spectacular a course I've played and ranks in my Top 3 golf experiences I've had in my life. A top tier facility in every way. It's a travesty that its not ranked higher by major golf publications.

The Best Hole: The Par 5 1st is one of the best opening holes I've ever played and sets the tone for an unforgettable round.

Birmingham Advisor

Ross rounding into spring shape

Very impressed with course condition considering our weather lately.

Bent greens were silky smooth and relatively quick. Fairways were excellent. Some thin areas around a couple greens in collection areas. Bunkers were packed from recent hard rains. Too much sand in faces of bunkers, not enough in bottoms.

One thing I really like that Ross Bridge has done is add a composite set of tees, alternating between the nearly 6,800-yard orange tees and 6,200-yard whites for a 6,500-yard test. That met a need.

This course is beautiful. The conditions were good considering the cool spring we have had. The pace of play was good. Definitely would play this course again.

Best RTJ Trail course

Awesome course. Best of the RTJ Trail. Fantastic resort as well. You will not be disappointed here. One of the best courses in Alabama.

A bit of a let down, Likely much better in growing season

A couple of friends and I decided to play at Ross Bridge today for the first time, as we figured a course of this caliber would have better than average conditions given the fact that it is the dead of winter now. (12/29/2017)

The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The only issue is that no outside coolers are allowed, yet we only saw the beverage cart one time throughout the round on Hole #2.

Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed with the playing conditions on the course. I expect a certain amount of damage when playing during the winter, but multiple dying/dead fringes with sod squares/sand spots scattered throughout was unexpected. The greens themselves are wonderful, as long as you don't land on a bad spot or get anywhere close to the fringe. Fairways were mostly green other than muddy spots/holes. Bunkers were unraked and hard as a rock, which is an issue considering the amount on the course.

I enjoyed my round at Ross Bridge, but I didn't find anything special about the experience. Just an average day, not worth the hype or premium rate. I imagine that this course is incredible in the Spring/Summer in full tilt, and I will hopefully be able to give it a much better review then.

Slowest round ever played

First the positive : excellent layout and could be a fun ,enjoyable course to play. Beautiful clubhouse and the staff couldn't of been any nicer. Apparently the course was overbooked and our starting time was delayed by 30 minutes. After that the 18 holes took five hours and 30 minutes to complete. We waited on every hole and never received an adequate explanation other than to say they had overbooked. The course itself was in only fair shape with greens having many bare spots around the fringes with weeds , unfixed ball marks, and crabgrass. Fairways were thin in many places. Certainly not a course do $120 plus per round. Played six other Robert Trent Jones courses is on the trail that week and all were in significantly better condition.

Good not great

For $150 the greens were not in good shape. Crabgrass was on many greens and there was a void at the fringe on all greens. Played the Judge in Prattville the day before for $45 twilight rate. It wad much more enjoyable the Ross Bridge. They should charge about $90 for green fees. Not $150

One Time Deal

I had high expectations going into my round at Ross Bridge knowing how expensive it is to play and all. We found a deal where we could play for $65 so we decided to try it out. Although the course is definitely nice, I probably won't go back unless for a special occasion. It is not worth over $100 to play. I'd much rather spend my money at Oxmoor Valley or any of the other RTJ courses.

Birmingham Advisor

This course should be in Top 100

I have probably not been as warm toward Ross Bridge in past reviews as I should have. Perhaps playing it so often has not allowed me to fully appreciate what a fantastic course this truly is. The fact that this track is not ranked among Golf Magazine's, Golf Digest's or Golfweek's Top 100 public course in America lists is baffling to me, especially since I have observed some that are that have no business being ranked. We have had a lot of rain over the past 10 days, but carts were allowed in fairways. Fairways were a bit thinner than I would expect for a top echelon course, but no big deal. Bent greens were fantastic and have recovered fully from recent aeration.

Actually Five Stars

This is why you don't use the five star rating lightly - so when you do use it it can mean something. This is a five star course. Everything you see right away is top shelf from the large, amphitheater-like grass driving range to the amazing two-tiered putting green. The starter was friendly and helpful. Warned me it was cart path only, and at this course that really means something because the layout is expansive and, shall we say, not at all flat. At #11 we were told the 90 degree rule was now in effect which helped a good deal. Finished in about 4.5 hours.

Course itself is hard to find fault with. Fairways were soggy in some places from recent downpours. Dry areas hadn't been mown in awhile (obvious reasons). Course winds up and down along rolling contours surrounding a lake. #9 and #18 greens are side by side at the near end of the lake, making an awesome spectacle when on either tee box. All the par-3s require some kind of carry to an elevated green, except the last #14 where the tee is the part that is elevated (take one club less). The presence of the lake results in a few greens being pretty close to the water, but only on two of them (#4 and #18) do you actually have a true forced carry over water. But on many occasions you'll have the opportunity for a bad hook or push to put you in the drink.

All in all it shows that the architect was given a great piece of property and resources with which to do a proper job. Even details like the quality of the cart paths, the on-course rest rooms, the frequency of water stations, etc. Everything contributed to the superior golf experience.

If you get a chance to play here, do not miss it.

Simply Magnificent!

This is a phenomenal course and worth every penny! We just did 4 days on the Trail and saved the best for last. Stunning views, very challenging , and pristine conditions await. Lots of elevation changes and forced carries.

Bessemer, Alabama