2.6
2.1
2.2

The course at Soldiers Creek Golf Club was designed by Scott Clark, a former Golf Course Superintendent at The Grand Hotel in Point Clear Alabama and the current Superintendent at The Peninsula Golf Club in Gulf Shores Alabama. While this is Scott's first attempt in playing the role of a course architect, it also reveals his depth of experience in the golf course industry. The design goals of building a course that would be enjoyable for high handicappers as well as low handicappers was met in this design.

The course features wide player-friendly fairways. Also, water comes into play on only two holes which makes navigating this course easier for high handicappers. A large natural turf driving range and 10,000 square foot practice green is available as a warm-up or practice area.

Soldiers Creek Golf Club is owned by the Norman Woerner family. Norman is a member of the Woerner Turf family of sod producers. Woerner Turf is a world-wide leader in turf production. The company provides turf for many golf courses ranging from Augusta National to new courses in Hong Kong. They also supply the turf for the NFL Super Bowl and the NFL Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

Southern Turf Nurseries provided the Tif Eagle for Soldiers Creek Golf Club. This turf grass is considered by many to be the best-of-the-best turf for southern golf course greens. The fairways and roughs are Tif 419, a dense-growing emerald-colored grass that's perfect for plush fairways.The greens feature Tif Eagle, the newest and best-of-the-best southern turf grass for golf course greens. An increasingly popular choice for new golf courses and redesigns, this turf permits a closer cut, thus allowing for smoother, faster greens.

Located only several miles from Alabama's sun-kissed Gulf Coast, this new 18 hole championship course is part of the Woerner Preserve Resort. Our friendly staff welcomes you to play the newest course on the Gulf Coast. Yes, we are now open. Come spend some time with family or friends. Relax and enjoy a round of golf in this natural setting.

DIRECTIONS: From I-10, take exit 44 (Gulf Shores Pkwy/Hwy 59 South). Travel south on Hwy 59 for approx. 18 miles. Turn left onto Hwy 98 (at light in Foley). Travel approx. 10 miles to Co. Rd 95. Turn right and go 1 ½ mile. Course is on the left.

Soldier's Creek Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Fairways 419 Burmuda
Greens Tif Eagle

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Fivesomes Allowed Yes, with permission only
Dress code All players must wear appropriate golf attire at all times. The following is deemed inappropriate: cut-offs, gym shorts, mesh shirts, tank tops or swimwear.

Decent course, good value for the time and money

The lady at the clubhouse was very friendly and processed me through quickly.

They have a driving range and practice green.
Playing from the White tee markers, I was the first tee-time, 7:00a, playing single, so the pace of play was good. I later noticed that there was a threesome about three holes behind me, but they kept a good pace behind me.
Maintenance was mowing the first-cut of the fairways a few holes a head of me as I played.
The greens rolled well and had just been cut - you could see the machine tracks through the dew around the greens.
I thankfully didn't have to use the bunkers but even though they weren't all sugar-sanded, they looked like they were recently raked.
There is some water on the course but I think they are lateral hazards.

I enjoyed my time out there.

Some negative: It is pretty evident that a program of continual maintenance and improvement has not been performed over the years; concrete cart paths were broken up across the course with some sections framed out for re-pouring, trees and shrubs need pruning. The greens, fairways, and tee boxes reflected irregular herbicide and fertilizer treatment. The clubhouse felt very used and in need of refreshing and updating.

Since I went there to play golf (not socially) I feel that from a playing golf/testing your game viewpoint it was a good value - a reasonable layout that you can think your way through, fairways that rewarded accurate shots, accepting greens that rolled as expected.
I appreciated that tee times were not lined up every 7 minutes and a course Marshall wasn't hovering over everyone (I drove past a nearby course on the way back and saw a group on the tee box, a group on the fairway, and a group on green - all on the same hole. No thank you)

Although I would not categorize it as a "can't miss" the next time I'm in the area, I would definitely choose to play there again.

Plays Twice a year

Friendly/helpful staff - greens need some work

Very helpful and friendly staff at Soldier's Creek. A solid course for the price. Some of the fairways and greens need some work, but the staff has informed me that they are addressing them. The course handled significant rain better than other courses in the area and was a fun course to play.

Great course!

Really nice layout! Staff is very friendly and accommodating! If you like nature this is your course!

It seems they have let the course go.

Greens are awful and there doesn’t seem to Be anything being done about it. I played the course twice in a 3 week interval and it remained the same. Absolutely not worth $45. Fix your course or lower the price.

Commented on 07/07/2019

Thank you for the Information, I really depend on other golfers experienced. So, I will not go there anymore, until the review on this golf course improve. That would save me a trip driving over there and be disappointed.

Commented on 05/22/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Soldiers Creek. We hope to see you again in the future.

Not worth your time

Great layout and great course but in terrible condition. Greens were muddy and had no grass mostly. If this course had some Tlc it could be great but overpriced. They want $50 but it is a $15 course.

Commented on 04/24/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing Soldiers Creek. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you enjoyed the layout and feel the course has such high potential. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing, we hope to see you again soon.

Disappointed in how this place turned out

Less than 18 months ago this course was a steal for the price at $35-45. Unfortunately it’s like they don’t even have a greens keeper anymore. I have worked at many golf courses and played every course in the area. 75% have their “bad days” but this is not that kind of story. Played a few months back expecting the same results at the same price and just utterly disappointed in how this course looks now. It’s gone from a high level course to an absolute goat ranch. No practice balls, no greens for that matter, and no Marshall. Pace of play was pathetic, loud twosome hitting in to me left and right when I’m playing up and down golf by myself and hurrying. That should never happen with at least 8-10 min tee time breaks. I ended up skipping two or three holes just to not have to feel rushed. The worst part of it all is when I played the first time I was so impressed I requested membership info and no one ever reached out to me. Upon my second visit I am thankful they never did or I would have ended up throwing money away like they are throwing this course away.

Not good

I am sorry but I wanted to like this course. But it was horrible!! Greens were sand, tee box was three inches of crab grass, fairways were half dirt! This could be a great course if someone would put some time in to it.

Commented on 03/29/2019

Hello, We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Soldiers Creek Golf Club.

Not worth the drive

I've been playing this course for over 10 years, it's in the worst shape it has ever been in for this time of the year. Most of the greens are heavily painted and some of them are sanded to try to hide the lack of grass. Putting is a guess as far as speed is concerned. The fairways are quite sparse, might as well be playing in the parking lot.
I used to like this course, but now its not worth the drive from Gulf Shores to play.
Sorry to see this happen to what once was a pretty nice course

Commented on 02/15/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Soldiers Creek. We are sorry to see that the greens may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, and we hope to earn your business again in the future.

Greens are rough

Some greens are worse than others, but the rain we've had this winter has taken its toll--lots of pooling and washout damage on a majority of the greens.

The price i paid--$46 + fees/tax-- is not commensurate with the condition of the course.
Really disappointed as the course is usually in good shape.

Commented on 02/12/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Soldiers Creek. We are sorry to see that the greens may not have been in the best shape when you played due to water damage. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Greens are bad.

Showed up and had to show the guy at the pro shop my confirmation email to prove that I tee time through golf now, so there is obviously a disconnect between golf now and their in-house system.

Greens are in rough shape. Lots of dead/cracked areas from water pooling and large sections are patchy/caked sand.

Tee boxes are also struggling.

Not worth the $46.00+fees.

Commented on 02/12/2019

Hello, and thank you for reviewing our course, Solderis Creek. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was miscommunication about your reservation. We will make sure to pass this along to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.

To much $$ for this course

Played this course two years ago and it was a high end course. This time not so much.
$50.00 is way to much. Several Tee's no grass. Numerous greens in bad shape.
Plenty of courses in the area that are in better shape in the $30 - $40 dollar range.

Commented on 03/08/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us here at Soldiers Creek, and for the three stars. We are sorry to hear that your experience this time was not up to the standards we had previously set for you. We appreciate you dedication to our course over the years and hope that you will give us another chance to earn your business again and show you how we've improved. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon.

Great track!

Upon first arriving to the course I was advised of the amount of rain that had occurred in the last month. The course was in good shape, but hole 11 did require you to stay on the cart path.

There greens rolled true, fairways were better than I'm used to, and the overall condition was fantastic; the rain did have the course somewhat soggy, but you can tell it is taken care of. The treeline is pretty dense, and not friendly to play out of.

The course was challenging enough, and would love to go back when I'm back in town. The craziest thing I've seen on a course was the green that was shared by two holes... There was a six foot Hill you could putt over if you send it long.

Wait for 3 more months

I would suggest to wait for 3 more months to play this course because some of the tee boxes are under repair, what I mean is there's no grass and looked like they started putting grass seeds on it. Also it looked like they started to fix some of the car path. Plus some of the greens look like it suffered some type of a fungus.
The Entrance and the parking lot is beautiful, and the golf course itself is beautiful, except for those above issues that I mentioned.
The Owner, and the staff at the pro shop are awesome people to talk to, and educated me of what is going on in the area, plus knowledge about the golf course industry.

Enjoyable Course

Pleasantly cool day with little wind which was surprising near the Gulf of Mexico.

Plays longer than my course at home, even from the red tees.

Greens in moderate shape (some dry patches); fairways have a little crabgrass growing in them.

Response from on 10/15/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Beautiful Setting

The course was a lot of fun. It wasn't perfect, but no bad. It had a few bare spots on the greens but they put the flag away from these places so they didn't come in to play. The setting is a preserve ,so you see wildlife at different times. I would go back and play again.

Slow greens

Not being familiar with the specific local weather conditions and turf cutting requirements, I felt the greens were slow. Could be the type of grass, height of grass or just rain every afternoon. The course was very nice for the money and it is obvious that they are working on the course and cart paths. I will do it again next year.

Slow greens

Lover the layout and overall condition. Greens were SLOW. Not sure if the type of grass or just long. Enjoyed the outing.

Must play if you are a good golfer!!!!

Excellent condition!!! Challenging course. Accuracy is a must if you want to go low on this course. Leave the driver in the bag :)

Orange Beach, Alabama