Soldiers Creek Golf Club

Dress code: All players must wear appropriate golf attire at all times. The following is deemed inappropriate: cut-offs, gym shorts, mesh shirts, tank tops or swimwear.
Credit cards accepted: Yes

#1/Black 72 7001 yards 72.8 119
#2/Blue 72 6372 yards 69.8 117
#3/White 72 5855 yards 67.5 110
#4/Red 72 5130 yards 68.3 112

The course at Soldiers Creek Golf Club was designed by Scott Clark, a former Golf Course Superintendent at The Grand Hotel in Point Clear Alabama and the current Superintendent at The Peninsula Golf Club in Gulf Shores Alabama. While this is Scott's first attempt in playing the role of a course architect, it also reveals his depth of experience in the golf course industry. The design goals of building a course that would be enjoyable for high handicappers as well as low handicappers was met in this design.

The course features wide player-friendly fairways. Also, water comes into play on only two holes which makes navigating this course easier for high handicappers. A large natural turf driving range and 10,000 square foot practice green is available as a warm-up or practice area.

Soldiers Creek Golf Club is owned by the Norman Woerner family. Norman is a member of the Woerner Turf family of sod producers. Woerner Turf is a world-wide leader in turf production. The company provides turf for many golf courses ranging from Augusta National to new courses in Hong Kong. They also supply the turf for the NFL Super Bowl and the NFL Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

Southern Turf Nurseries provided the Tif Eagle for Soldiers Creek Golf Club. This turf grass is considered by many to be the best-of-the-best turf for southern golf course greens. The fairways and roughs are Tif 419, a dense-growing emerald-colored grass that's perfect for plush fairways.The greens feature Tif Eagle, the newest and best-of-the-best southern turf grass for golf course greens. An increasingly popular choice for new golf courses and redesigns, this turf permits a closer cut, thus allowing for smoother, faster greens.

Located only several miles from Alabama's sun-kissed Gulf Coast, this new 18 hole championship course is part of the Woerner Preserve Resort. Our friendly staff welcomes you to play the newest course on the Gulf Coast. Yes, we are now open. Come spend some time with family or friends. Relax and enjoy a round of golf in this natural setting.

DIRECTIONS: From I-10, take exit 44 (Gulf Shores Pkwy/Hwy 59 South). Travel south on Hwy 59 for approx. 18 miles. Turn left onto Hwy 98 (at light in Foley). Travel approx. 10 miles to Co. Rd 95. Turn right and go 1 ½ mile. Course is on the left.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for seniors locals advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards undulating greens   Great for drinks

"Slow greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/15/2018

Lover the layout and overall condition. Greens were SLOW. Not sure if the type of grass or just long. Enjoyed the outing.

"Must play if you are a good golfer!!!!"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2018

Excellent condition!!! Challenging course. Accuracy is a must if you want to go low on this course. Leave the driver in the bag :)

"Great Course!!"

rwcampbell's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

This course is a great layout. It's in the best shape I've ever seen it. Mr. Woerner is a great guy with awesome Customer Service.

This is one of our favorite courses in the area. A must play.

"Good course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

Our foursome was first out and we got hammered by rain and lightning. After an hour or so rain/lightning delay we went back out and played. The course drains really well. We were sent to the back nine first because they were going to top dress the front nine greens until it rained. We played in 2 hours and thought we were going to have to wait when we got to # 1 but luckily a 2 some ( beginners) let us go ahead. The fairways and green are good and they have done a lot of work over the years to keep it in good shape. This course is family owned and operated and is a bit high priced. I would think they are struggling to survive because of their location. The staff is very friendly and treated us well.

Response from Soldiers Creek Golf Club on 06/29/2018:

Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Soldiers Creek Golf Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

KrisLTodd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

"Average"

srandall60's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

The golf course is not a 4 star rating, The greens had no be mowed, ON SATURDAY MORNING, The layout was nice, the fairways were ok, over priced for this property, the staff was friendly though.

Response from Soldiers Creek Golf Club on 06/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Soldiers Creek Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Elberta, AL area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Best Value for a Hidden Gem"

bgkslk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

Some reviews were mixed on this course. But for $45, it’s the best value and certainly a hidden gem on the Alabama gulf coast. If you’re in the area, play it. The course was nearly perfectly manicured, and the only reason I say nearly is because weather conditions didn’t allow the staff to do their jobs to the fullest extent.

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/11/2018

brnolen's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

"Going Downhill Fast"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

So I have played this course several times, and it has become a complete disaster. The owners (Norman and his wife) apparently are now operating with the bare minimum staff. They put out virtually no type of weed treatment this year. Last year their greens keeper destroyed the greens on the front nine with some chemical by mistake, so Norman started his clients off on the back nine so they wouldn’t demand a refund after two holes. His wife treats Golfnow players like dirt and is bent on pairing them up with other groups. Yesterday Norman asked me to provide a confirmation number from golfnow as he said “They don’t tell us who has paid.” All he has to do is turn on a computer. I’ve been using Golfnow for years and this was the first time I had been asked for proof of payment, but no big deal. There are much better courses in the area for the same price. These people are pricing this course entirely too high for the condition it is in. Please do not waste your time driving out to Elberta when Glenn Lakes, Lake Forest, or the State Park are in much better condition.

"Great Experience"

Tdog1968's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Course was in great condition. Greens were pristine. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will definitely go back.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

dwaldo39's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Couse just starting spring growth. Greens very nice with good xpeed and run true.

"Mixed feelings"

ronmanske's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2018

I’ve played Soldiers Creek Golf Club probably 6-7 times in the past two years. I realize February is a tough time for courses in this area, but I feel this course could be in better shape than it is. I love the layout (which is why I keep coming back. ) The price for these conditions is too high even with a hot deal price. At times I’ve experienced wonderful attention from the owners and at other times not so much. One week they allowed my non-golfing wife to ride along with me and the next week they wanted to charge me $12.50 for 1/2 a cart fee. I have found this to not be the case with other courses in the area including Kiva Dunes. My honest feelings are, pay an extra $20 on a Hot Deal special and golf a really good course like Kiva Dunes.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

I played the golf course today and it was truly in wonderful condition. My group plays courses all over this area, and Soldiers Creek is the hidden gem. Beautiful layout, large greens and generous faurways, a great course..

"Course still in winter mode"

cmmacy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

We traveled 30 min to get to this course. It was still in winter mode with mostly brown grass but we enjoyed the layout. A few par 3’s which were fun. Overall a very nice course & the staff was over the top friendly!!

Shaun4757510's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

"Rolling downhill fast"

andrewwolf20's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

Course is not in great shape even for the time of year. It looks like the $25/ round course I remember growing up even though they charge twice that. Staff not friendly if you can find someone. Other courses in the area certainly a better value. Seems they are spending time and money on the RV park and not the golf course.

Commented on 02/14/2018

I played on Wednesday 2/14/18. The course just had eight inches of rain the past few days, but despite all the rain the course was in excellent condition! The greens were not only fast but very smooth. Fairways in great condition as well. Great friendly staff that will take care of you! Great day!!

Stevo26's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

"Beautiful coarse"

DarrenbRocks's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

This coarse is a hidden gem. The view of this coarse is beautiful