Style Links

The golf course at the Twisted Dune Golf Club is a public, 18-hole course that is reminiscent of traditional Scottish courses. Located right on the Jersey Shore, Twisted Dune Golf Club is popular for it's beautiful views and challenging game. The deep ravines and grassy hills provide picturesque scenery and they also create interesting hazards for a good game.

Twisted Dune Golf Club lives up to his name with its twisting links-style layout, elevation changes, and rolling fairways. The golf course has par-5 holes that stretch over 500 yards as well as several par-4's and par-3's. The course also has wide fairways and large greens of bent grass.

Twisted Dune Golf Club

Year Built 2001

Golf School Academy Yes - Mc's Golf Academy

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Proper golf attire both on the course and the practice facility

Excellent. Golf course

Always wanted to play here. Finally had the chance. From the minute you pull in to the parking lot you can tell this is a class upscale golf course. Met.At bag drop, clubs taken super friendly staff. Hooked up with a really nice man who has played here before. It was as if I had my own caddy .! Fantastic. Each hole is unique with wonderful views. We had a ranger check in with us several times . Imagine that, a golf course with a ranger keeping pace of play. It can be done if other courses would get in line. The pace was great no waiting. When we finished our clubs were cleaned and loaded for us. I can't say enough good things about twisted dunes. Thank you Larry for a great day. I will be back here often , one of the best courses I have played in NJ.

Bunkers

Along the fairways I would call them hazards and you get what you deserve for hitting it there.
However, around the greens to constantly have them filled with stones and rocks is unacceptable. I do not think the new rule had moving stones and rocks to hit a shot in mind.
Very poor trap conditions

Great course Poor snack bar

I came off the course looking to grab a hotdog and a Coke. I was quite surprised that I couldn’t pay for the food items at the snack bar. Had to have the snack bar attendant create a ticket that I took over to the pro shop desk. The pro shop desk was busy answering phone calls and I had to wait almost 8 minutes to pay for food that should’ve only taken three
The course itself was fantastic. I was more than challenged. I play from the blues in that shooting at 92 when I’m normally in the 80s. They really need to fix that snack bar issue. Also the lady that was out on the course offering food items also didn’t take credit cards. It’s the 21st-century get a wireless device that processes credit cards. Apple offers this thing at a low-cost

Fun

We had a great time, course was in good conditions, fairways excellent, greens were fast and rolled true. One of the more fun and interesting courses in the area.

Very good, interesting course with one issue

Layout of the course is very interesting and given the openness of the course, wind can definitely be a factor as it was during our round. Fairways and tee boxes in great shape. Greens roll fast and true. My only complaint, and the only reason I gave 4 stars vs 5 stars, is with the bunkers. Bunkers are loaded with stones, some as large is 1-2 inches in diameter. Not sure if the intention is to match the type of soil that is in the area or what and I'm willing to take my medicine if I end up in one, but I don't think I should risk damage to my sand wedge in the process. Other than that, course is great, staff is very friendly and the pace of play was good.

As always, great course

Another season of great golf at this unique course. Since ladies tees were moved up, love playing here. Sometimes pace of play can slow, but rangers do good job to improve. Conditions were up to “par”. Definitely worth playing for all levels.

Good Experience

I would recommend this course. It is in good condiction fairways and greens. Greens fast,
. The sand traps are awful.
. Nothing but holes filled with hard packed gravel like dirt.

They do not have a liquor license and. Very limited snake bar

Great layout

Course was in great shape, played in three hours. Course is well maintained, staff were friendly too. Would definitely go back.

Hidden gem

Great course, difficult but not too difficult. Very open with many hazards (water, Sand, rough). Very challenging but fun course.

Great day

Had a nice day on a good course. Conditions were good, pace was good. A very unique layout. Won’t find many like it. Go play.

Best Course at the Beach

Out of all of the courses I've played down at the Jersey Shore, Twisted Dune stands above the rest. The course was in excellent condition and the greens were extremely fast, not in a bad way. It made putting and chipping very challenging which is always enjoyable, especially at a course that isn't incredibly long. It's a BYOB course as well which is always a treat and the entire staff was welcoming and friendly. Cannot recommend this course highly enough if you're in the area.

How can you let 6-somes play mid-day on a Saturday in the Summer

This is one of my favorite courses! Today it was a disaster with the staff allowing two six-somes to play on a peak playing day - Saturday in late spring. It was amazing that the pro saw no problem with having a six-some on the course in the middle of the day. I had to call the proshop twice and finally one group was broken up but the pro would not split the second 6 some up (they seemed to be very casual golfers, and knew no golf etiquette ). I tried hard to understand the pro's several reasons for allowing them to continue, but I really couldn't. The worse part of the situation was - rather than being empathetic to our situation, the Pro made me feel like it was my problem, and if i didn't like it...well that was too bad, he could do nothing about it. Not once did he say "i understand your situation or how you feel". We all left after nine holes.

This was a most unfortunate day a Twisted Dune.

Great Deal and Layout

This was my first time back to Twisted in about 8 years. Staff was very helpful and course conditions were very good. No complaints just wish I played better on the back 9. Will get back there sooner than later for sure! A real gem located in a great spot in South Jersey. If your here on vacation or your a local and want to be challenged put Twisted on your list...you’ll be glad you did!

Such a good layout - Conditions deteriorated

This layout and facility are great! Unique to the area and very challenging. Conditions are not great. Sad to see what should be $125 round look like a $60 course.

Get the original lines back and maintain the “overgrown” areas more and it would be a five!

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Amazing

Love this course... save the airfare to ireland., play the dune and you will get the experience!
Tough course but great place to play!

Bunkers

The only thing that was a turn off was seeing so many pebbles and rocks in the Bunkers. A fun and challenging courses to play but if you're going to play this courses, play with people who take there game seriously, playing with someone who doesn't appreciate a good course will take the fun away.

Mays Landing, New Jersey
Linwood, New Jersey
Mays Landing, New Jersey
Somers Point, New Jersey
Northfield, New Jersey
Cologne, New Jersey
Ocean City, New Jersey

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900