Cooper 72 6631 yards 73.1 136
Jade (W) 72 4944 yards 68.3 122
Scorecard for DarkHorse Golf Club
Black M: 74.7/139 448 344 235 559 465 156 541 448 405 3601 388 577 373 184 304 446 175 440 517 3404 7005
Copper M: 73.1/136 428 319 218 544 447 143 517 389 376 3381 375 554 373 163 287 417 172 420 489 3250 6631
Blue M: 71.7/132 W: 77.2/139 392 308 204 526 437 118 500 370 365 3220 374 546 359 142 277 383 160 409 468 3118 6338
White M: 69.6/126 W: 74.6/135 353 274 175 460 398 101 469 335 345 2910 340 537 337 137 264 361 148 393 444 2961 5871
Jade M: 65.0/115 W: 69.3/124 315 223 156 419 368 68 354 322 302 2527 244 493 258 109 216 322 110 291 376 2419 4946

Year Built 2002
Architect Keith Foster (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2014 #4)
  • Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2014 #32)

Nice layout

This course has a nice layout, but the bunkers were terrible (those that were not full of water were rock hard with no loose sand- essentially you have to treat them all as ground under repair)

Commented On 05/28/2019

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you found our bunkers in less than desirable condition. We hope that the rest of your round was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kyle9229122
Commented On 05/28/2019

I played today as well. You realize it has been raining like crazy all week right? Bunkers were rough, but you're not supposed to hit the ball in them anyway.

Not open

The course was not open when I got there in the morning. I had a tee time reserved and no one was there and no one answered the phone. No update on them being closed for the day or any signs.

Challenging

Nary a flat spot on any green. All my putts were on undulating greens. Almost all my second and third shots were on undulating fairways. I enjoyed the challenge and will play this course again.

Commented On 05/09/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Darkhorse Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great potential

The course was in good condition with the exception of the sand (dirt) traps. The grass was decent around the course but the greens had just been plugged so putting was not fun.

This course could be exceptional with the owners investing in bringing it up to park.

Commented On 05/08/2019

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience the other day. However, we are glad that you found our course in overall good shape. We hope to see you again soon.

A pleasant round of golf. The greens are still recovering from aeration.

Commented On 05/07/2019

Hi Gary, thank you for the four-star review! We are glad that you had a good round of golf at Darkhorse Golf Club the other day. We'll see you again soon.

Condition fair

Course is fun, somewhat challenging. Pace was good on a Sunday - late morning.

Condition of fairways generally good; bunkers are terrible. mostly are hardpan with no sand or grooming. A few were somewhat maintained. Greens had been punched, but seems like a while ago - yet still sandy, dry, VERY slow and bumpy compared with other times we've played (prior years).

Commented On 05/07/2019

Hi Marlene, thank you for the four-star review! We are glad that you had a good time at Darkhorse Golf Club! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Normally I love Darkhorse, today though, was a little frustrated with the course and the staff.
First, the starter had us go out 10 minutes early, and kept saying its because they have 108 groups going out. I don't care, he interrupted my warm up with no apology or acknowledgement.
Then when I get to the 1st green, I discover that the greens have been aerated. I know this course tries to say they don't punch, they sand, but there were holes all over the greens. We never could get them right, slow and bumpy. Most courses alert you on golf now that there is an aerification alert, not this course. Could you please consider doing that in the future?

Commented On 05/07/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars. We are sorry that your last experience was not as good. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will do our best to make sure alerts for aeration are everywhere. Thank you for your feedback.

beautiful this time of year

Course is still coming out of winter. Was told greens were punched 3 weeks prior. Still have not recovered, very bumpy and slow. That being said when they do recover, they will be quick. Fairways very good shape. First cut of rough no to bad but obviously damp. If u hit errant shots forget finding in the thick tall native grass. If you get a deal here still worth the price

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you had a good time at Darkhorse Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. #darkhorsegc

One my favorites

Great course. Great layout. Only wish is to update the clubhouse and make it nicer. To match the course.

Commented On 04/23/2019

Hi, thank you for the five-star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed playing Darkhorse Golf Club the other day. Thanks for stopping by, and we can't wait to see you again soon.

Great course!

Hadn't been here in years but it was a great experience a couple weekends ago. The staff was incredibly friendly and the course was in tremendous shape. I wish it wasn't an hour from my house, but I'll be back for sure!

Not good today

The course was not in good shape. The greens were just aerated, but was so bad that they were like bunkers cause there was more sand then grass. Also the bunkers were either uneven concrete, or others were still like concrete, but mounds in the bunkers 4 feet tall 4 feet wide. When I booked the time, there was no message saying that about the greens, or the bunkers.
A couple times while our group was teeing off, guys who work there would be in a cart driving towards our tee. They did not slow down, or wait, just Kept going.
There was plenty of spots where the fairway was mushy
I usually love playing here, but an hour drive wasn't worth it.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hi Adam, we sincerely apologize if you missed the aeration notice and for the less than desirable experience. We hope that you will consider coming back in the near future.

Poor

Made a t time. Arrived at the course all the holes punched.

But the starter advised us the green were punched awhile ago.
Real answer a few days ago. Not one green a 2 putt would have been great.
Every bunker was unplayable. No sand. Or the had all the sand in mounds.

Not happy to arrive with no mention of the greens punched and every bunker-ground under repair.

If I would have known I would not have played

Have played here dozens of time prior. Course was always good.

Darkhorse can send apologies everyday. If there are no changes it doesn't help

Will not return until at least they place a grain or two of sand in their bunkers. And the course condition is dryer.

uFTTY2765FT
Commented On 04/15/2019

Everyone is getting and I am sorry post from Darkhorse. The question is when if ever will the bunkers be fixed and playable.?

A great layout but I cannot consider booking a Tournament or other outing with large groups.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hi, we are sorry that you had a poor experience with us the other day. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will come back again soon.

Awful conditions.

the course was not well kept at all. We were putting on sand every single green. I wish I could post a picture. It was no fun at all.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hi, we are sorry that you had a poor experience the other day. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will come back again in the future.

Poor...

Poor conditions. Recent rains. No drainage. Greens just punched and sanded.

Commented On 04/12/2019

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time the other day. We hope that next time will be better.

Poor staff and conditions this week

The greens were just punched and were like putting on sand. Besides that the fairways were soaked and the rough was poorly trimmed. On top of that I teed off at 7:35am and the pro shop person told me I needed to share a cart with a stranger... after talking to the pro shop person I said it is not a big deal I will pay for the cart. After arguing he finally conceded and gave us the cart. I have been playing here for years and this has been by far the worse experience here.

Commented On 04/15/2019

Hi, we are sorry that you didn't have the best experience this time around. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that you will consider coming back in the near future.

Love Darkhorse

Have been playing the course since it opened.
But, this particular time the fairways were as wet as I’ve ever seen them, almost unplayable. Some of the tee boxes were in terrible shape. Hopefully the course will dry out this Spring and management will get the course in better shape.
Still love the course and will play for years to come . A true gem

Commented On 04/01/2019

Hi, thank you for the five-star review! We are glad that you had a good time despite the conditions due to the weather. We appreciate your honesty, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Need to take care of this course

In bad condition, water puddles everywhere, need to put some drainage in the fairways, and a 5 hour and 10 minute round. Not a lot of fun.

Commented On 03/27/2019

Hi, we are sorry that your golfing experience was subpar. Your feedback is important to us and we are working to improve it. We hope you will consider coming back again soon.

Another great course

Heavy rain has the bunkers as ground under repair but otherwise this course is in great shape.

Commented On 03/27/2019

Hi Casey, thank you for the five stars! We are sorry about the weather, but glad to hear you still found the course in great shape. Thanks for the feedback, and we'll see you out there.

Darkhorse

I have been playing at Darkhorse (mostly in the summer months) since the course opened. I love the layout of the course because it’s challenging and no two holes are the same. I don’t play there too much during the winter because the course doesn’t drain very well after it rains and the fairways and bunkers become unplayable. The staff is great and the food at the clubhouse is excellent.

Commented On 01/28/2019

Hi, thank you for the four stars! We appreciate your honest feedback. We look forward to seeing you out there soon.

Commented On 01/10/2019

Hi Matty, thank you for the four stars! We are glad that you had a good time at Darkhorse Golf Club the other day. We'll see you again soon.

Meadow Vista, California