2.2
2.1

DarkHorse Golf Club

Year Built 2002
Architect Keith Foster (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt Required

Clubhouse

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2014 #4)
  • Golf Advisor: Golfers' Choice (2014 #32)

Yardage

This is a nice & challenging course beautiful & fun .But. There is no yardage sticks anywhere we had to guess all day also the greens have recently been punched that would have been nice to know beforehand I would like to play it again when the green are back to normal.no food as well

The course has no clubhouse. Course was in really good condition.

What you see is what you get!

All the Bunkers have beautiful white sand , that gives a alignment / target from the tees. Fairways are in great shape, cut so nice,, you can even to play the ball down. With very large greens and in perfect condition , pars are a given.
Every Hole , if you take the time to look around., is carved out of the forest that gives this Course a personally of it's own.

Sorry , I didn't have any photos to share, but a Beautiful Golf Course.

Sandy

Unless you are a experienced low 80’s high 70’s, just don’t. Don’t play this coarse, there are a ton of sand traps in the middle of the fairway. Unless you are truly, truly accurate forget it. Beautiful coarse, no doubt. But if you are not good at hitting your ball below or above your feet, best of luck.Wow fun but extreme.

Upward trend

I had been playing this course since it opened, but had recently stopped playing the course due in part to the declining condition of the course. After yesterday’s round, I have changed my mind and can definitely see the course heading in the right direction under the new ownership/management. The obvious are the bunkers, they look like pebble’s bunkers, as advertised, but the fairways and greens are great condition. The cart bridges have been replaced and vegetation around the course has been trimmed. I have played 10 rounds at 8 different courses in the area over the last 2 weeks, and Dark horse (and the Ridge) are 1-2 on my list. Dark horse is a little pricey but it’s the complete package. As of today, not many courses in the area can rival Dark horse, and am glad this course is on a upward trend. There is no clubhouse, and don’t mind since it’s not a must have for me.

Much improved and moving in the right direction

I haven’t played this course in a couple of years, due in part to the declining condition of the course over the last few years. Very unfortunate since I had been playing the course since it had opened. Fast forward to today’s round, overall the course is in really good condition, a lot of the overgrown areas have been trimmed, fairways are good shape, and bunkers are great. The wooden bridges (for carts) have also been replaced. I have played 12 rounds over the past 2 weeks (at 8 different courses in the area), and rank Dark horse (and the Ridge) 1 & 2 based on overall experience, from condition to layout. A bit pricey but this course will test you. No clubhouse but not game a game changer for me.

Ride the Horse. The Dark Horse!

This is a wonderful track. Very minimalist, no club house, etc. Fairways and greens spectacular. A good test. Go, play, enjoy!

Not a good value

Hard to imagine how Darkhorse can compete with its green fees so much higher than other nearby courses that are of equal quality.

Paid $85 dollars for the round and range balls only to have the owner pull up and ask us to tee off early because he decided to plan a shotgun outing in the middle of a Saturday on Father’s Day weekend. So I paid $6 to hit 10 balls. The twosome we were playing with missed the first hole since we were pushed out early, and they got stuck with a topless cart (in June and 95 degree heat). Almost 6 hours later we finished playing due to no marshal being on the course and the aforementioned shotgun tournament.

Bottom line: the course is fantastic. But don’t expect much more

Gone down hill

It’s sad. Darkhorse was honestly one of my favorite courses for years. New ownership going through major changes. Good things: was bringing in new sand for sand traps. Best they’ve ever been. Course is in good shape. No club house. Not even the trailers. No bar, no food. No starter. One guy yelling from check in point. Carts have no windshields. They just look hoaky one guy giving out carts blasting music like it’s his back yard BBQ. Very unprofessional. Guy using mower followed us around for 7-9 holes. Every time we went to hit a shot we’ve got the mower hitting rocks driving up. Typically guys go backwards so they are only around that group for one hole. No training. Very disappointed not a $79 golf course. Still love the course. But the experience sucks!!

Foothill Golf at It’s Best

This course is continually improving. The tee boxes were in good shape with reseeding of the old divots being don throughout the course. The sand traps are in need of rakes but that will come. Fairways were firm and gave some roll. Greens are quick and rolling true. One of my favorite courses.

Staff is full of lies and horrible service from Gen Mgr and Head Pro

This is the second time they have done a BAIT and SWITCH. First was in October when I called and asked if they were still honoring birthdays since they had with the other owners. Talked to the new Gen Mrg. and arrived on time on our golf day and he charged us $95.00 PP ! When I called him on it he goes well, Here's a comp card for 2 people. No date expiring. Saved that for use on Father's day and booked our time to play and use it. I get an email day before Fathers day and the new HP cancelled my TT from 9a on Father's Day and puts us at 1p in 100* heat. I called and said somebody cancelled my TT. He say's, (Nate) that he called the new owners and would get back. Nothing. SO I called him back several hours later and said what did you find out about my 4:17a cancellation ? He was (is) still playing dumb saying he didn't do it. When you hit reply it said it came from him at 4:17a. Says he knows nothing about it and THEN makes a comment, saying, "WELL, It's a GROUPON" !!! I said , "No it's not". I told him it was from the past Gen Mgrs Bait and Switch. He tells me he's not moving my TT and see me at 1P. I told him NO ! I get another email for Him on the morning of Father's Day that my scheduled TT has been cancelled. My husband just got done with 33 CANCER treatments and early morning is best when it's not hot.

Meadow Vista, California