Slope N/A

Formerly known as SailHo Golf Course.

The Loma Club (formerly Sail Ho GC)

Year Built 1920

Available Sports

Fitness

9-Hole Rounds 6

Fun day

Great little course for beginners. My wife is learning the golf game. Perfect course, outing, for her and it can be a little adventure when you take advantage of what the area Has to offer. We ended up eating at the fish market and went sightseeing around Pt. Loma .

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Stressed out Golfers

Last week we played this course, this is my wife’s second time playing that course. The first week it was a great experience very family oriented had a great time. This week going back there is a regular that takes cough a little too serious and begins to whistle and rush you even though people in front of us were the ones taking long. Unfortunately this causes me to believe that this may not be the course for me as I’m sure these complaints have been given to the front desk multiple times and they continue to allow this person on there. Advice to all good golfers, don’t play executive courses go play a full course as this is a family establishment.

A little par 3 needing some love

First and foremost, this is a decent course. It can and will get your short game dialed from your 9 iron through your wedges. There are 2-3 holes that play a smidge long but, I’d leave the big sticks in the car if I were you.
Staff: friendly, helpful, happy, and understand the game.
Course conditions: greens are a bit slower but, the course caters to the first timers. Bunkers are hard packed for the most part. Tee boxes are beat to heck. More often than not your hitting off a sand filled divot. The bunkers and “rough” are very short cut and hard packed.
Pace of play: the course is basically social hour. Lots of families, first timers, slower players, people learning the game and then you have people that are good and low Cappers trying to get a short 9 in. I will say this, 5-somes are ridiculous and slow the entire course up. They just do. But, it is what it is.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 06/16/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing The Loma Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Ok once in a while

Nice setting with views of downtown San Diego, airport and bay. But course is not well groomed, sometimes hard to tell fairway from rough, greens and bunkers not well maintained. Layout ok but not very imaginative. Due for an overhaul!

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give The Loma Club another try in the near future.

Great 9 hole track!!

Excellent scenery and the course was in great condition. Finished an enjoyable 9 holes in about 90 minutes. Great Value and opportunity to work on your par 3 game.

Gotta love The Loma Club.

First time playing here after new management took over. Im stoked they found new owners and this course can stay around. Its a super chill, fun, low pressure golf experience. A nice, minimally challenging Par 3 executive course.

I love playing this course because if the pace is normal, i can clear all 9 holes in just over an hour and be back home to work, or pick me son up from preschool. Lol...

I mainly use this course to sharpen my game with my irons. I dont use tees, and just use the course as all practice for fairways on the big course.

my one gripe... The greens are in a bit of rough shape. 100% playable, they just looked a bit greener and healthier before 2020 kicked in. So i hope this is something the new management puts some heart into. But again, they where playable, i still made my birdes and pars(AND BOGIES. lol)... So this is just a lil gripe in hopes some attention is given back to the shiny greens. ;0)

Full Swings & Amazing Views

Deceptive in appearance the Loma club offers the opportunity to open up your swing with your irons on just about every hole and maybe even your driver on hole #7 (204 yds at the Black Tees).

The course is a perfect place for new golfers to learn control. While a nasty hook or a slice will send you over to the next hole, a moderate one will leave you with the chance to have another go.

Take in the amazing view of downtown San Diego from here - don’t miss it! Grab your PW and Putter after you tee off on hole #5 (77 yds from the Black Tees) and leave your bag on the hill as you walk down to putt that birdie! After hole #6 (another short hole at 75 yds from the Black Tees) you’ll walk back up the hill for hole #7 (204/176 Black/Blue). Hole #7 is a straight drive and for rookies like me a Fairway Wood with a nice even swing rolled me on to the green! (I was happily surprised too!)

The folks on course are pretty laid back and no one is really in a rush. You will occasionally have a few Caddyshack throwbacks roll thru with music playing or some rowdy teenagers - rare, sorta annoying - but that’s the hazards of a beautiful SoCal course with super cheap green fees and life is too short to let it ruin your day.

The Loma Club is located within Liberty Station and the amazing food and drink options are endless. Nuff said.

Here are the hole stats for you:

(Black/Blue), All Par 3’s

Hole #5: 77/52
Hole #6: 75/63
Hole #7: 204/176
Hole #8: 183/161
Hole #9: 157/140 (Made my first birdie EVER here yesterday!)

Cool

It was fast 1:45 play time and fun decent greens and interesting variables if you miss the green. Perfect place to take kids or gf/wife to learn and you still have fun while looking really good on an Executive. ;)

Good place especially beginners.

I wanted to practice a short game during staying at U.S. For beginners it is difficult to find a short game place.Here is really good. Friendly staffs and good location.

Great quick 9

This was a great round, not very many people on the course (midweek morning). After the recent rains the course was a little soggy but still in great shape, the greens weren’t the greatest but for $8.00 on GN there’s nothing to complain about, Tee boxes have mats and grass, and are in good shape, fairways were clean. Didn’t have to experience the Sand Traps (thank goodness) bit they looked to be on decent shape. Will definitely be returning

Great value

Historic site with a great view. Perfect for a long lunch or a after work round .

Hidden Gem

Great condition. moderate length par 3 course close in San Diego. Longest holes require 180 yd shots. Well kept sand traps and pristine greens. Walking only and a little hilly so you will get your exercise.

ELNaboSez

I love this course and the people that work there. I am a social member so I may be a little bias. That being said there is always a challenge to face when playing this course. New Management Needs to Wise Up, Talk To The Staff, & Keep The Loma Club Open!!!

Military