Sea view from the Palmer Course at Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay Resort Arnold Palmer Course

Year Built 1992
Fairways Paspalum Grass
Greens Paspalum Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (1992) Ed Seay (1992)

Driving Range Yes, lighted, grass tees

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Available Sports

Fitness

Amazing Food 6
Entertaining Clients 9

Price is different from website

Price listed was for green fees, cart, and range balls. Range was closed and they said the rate I was quoted was a walking rate. I ended up paying $20 more for a cart. They said it was the Golfnow sites fault for not updating they’re personal guidelines.

Played the Palmer Course for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it! Got on earlier than original tee time and met up with a fellow Canadian for the last 17 holes! Course was in excellent shape and despite losing a few balls, had a good round despite rental clubs and not golfing since mid September! Booked through Golf Now and got a reduced rate of play! Would definitely golf this course again.

Wonderful experience with great hole-in-one by my daughter!!

Even late start around 3 pm, my family experienced all of 18 holes by passing several holes and 15 hole was great and 17th hole with the background of Pacific oceanhad given to my family awesome memory !!
Thanks a lot!!!

A long trip to play the Palmer Course at Turtle Bay

My wife and I flew from South Dakota to stay at Turtle Bay and play the Palmer course. We are avid golfers who both shoot in the low 80's. We brought our own clubs as we have had bad luck with rentals in the past. We bought the 3 Day Unlimited Golf Package which gave us 3 rounds each for a total of $525. Otherwise it would have been $200 EACH per round. The Palmer course is very beautiful, except for the portion that follows along the highway, which can get noisy. The fairways and greens were in spectacular shape. The bunkers, not so much. The sand was very hard. They need to be refurbished.. We both shot our normal scores, which was a pleasant surprise, since the pro said we would be challenged. The staff was exceptional and bent over backwards to make sure we did not get stuck behind a bus full of hackers. We play our round in just over 3 hours, and look forward to going back. We played two more times in this trip.

Fabio afternoon round

Good quick round, twosome played 18 in 3 hours. My only complaint is the sand varies too much.

The greens had just been aerated and were in very marginal condition. There was a group 2 groups in front of me and there were 4 groups behind them that waited for nearly 12 holes. There was not a Marshall to speed them up or let faster groups play thru. The pro shop staff was excellent and very cordial.

Play the Fazio

I used to rave about this course to anyone who would listen saying that it was beautiful like the PGA courses you see on the mainland. The last time I played there, was very disappointing especially the 16th hole with the serpentine sand dunes located in the middle of the fairway. My memory of the hole location next to the ocean was just beautiful, however, the hole was encircled with almost knee high grass and weeds!. The hole was in terrible shape! Save your money and play Ko Oline on the leeward side of the island.

Gorgeous Course, Costs too much

I thought this course was gorgeous and a really nice layout. I thought $199 to play was a little steep. I would play it all the time at $125 or less.

Overpriced and Disappointing

I live on Maui and took advantage of the opportunity to play this course as I was on Oahu for a visit. A friend had told me this was the best course on Oahu. For that, it was a massive disappointment, especially considering the price.

I must add that we played on a day with a lot of wind. And I’m talking about hitting a wedge 175+ yards downwind and hitting a driver less than 175 upwind, kind of day. I am used to playing in wind from Maui, but this was something else. And the course layout only partially seems to support that. Many holes are nestled into the trees making it impossible to judge the impact of the wind once the ball gets above the tree line. I don’t remember having hit this many good shots that were severely punished, ever! I suppose it might be easier once you know the course, but that is a bad characteristic for a resort course, IMO.

And the sand! Oh my god, the “sand”. This course is practically on the beach yet you can’t find any sand to fill the bunkers?!? Almost comically horrible.

Greens are very slow. Maybe that is personal preference, but I would like then to be faster. I was also constantly fooled into thinking they’d break more. Maybe that’s just me.

The scenery was also disappointing. Doesn’t feel like Hawai’i at all, especially when compared to courses like the Wailea courses, that go through palm trees and lava, and offer awesome views everywhere. Here, you see the ocean once. And you play through a bunch of shrubs and can’t see out. And some of the stuff neighboring the course is downright depressing.

Overall, everything at Turtle Bay seems slightly old and off. Some things remind me of municipal courses. The hotel reminds me of an old summer camp. I guess it was nice once, but it is now badly in need of renovation.

It was also odd that it looked like they had very few openings (1 player here and 2 players there, sort of thing), but when we got there, there were very few people. Makes you wonder if they try to make the course appear busier.

I would play the course again, but only on a less windy day and for less money. The way this went, it just isn’t worth it. But I can see that the layout is interesting. Maybe I’ll come back for a tournament one day. But I wouldn’t take anyone there, especially not at full price.

Get new sand!!!

Get new sand in the bunkers now!!!!!!!!! The course layout is absolutely amazing and beautiful the greens are slow but well manicured, and the fairways are in good shape. Probably my favorite on the island as far as layout top 5 as far as being well manicured (Ewa beach golf course is the best), but my god fix the bunkers. There is a ton of sand all over the course and is beautiful but if you find yourself in then you may as well be hitting off the cart path please fix the bunkers and it would be the best course on island.

Great Course But Overpriced

Challenging layout, played the Blue Tees and was very happy with the design. Keeps you interested. Management has missed the boat on the little things. Range wash buckets have no brushes, no chairs, no towels. Can’t use a driver on the Fazio practice facility and the range balls are low quality. $200 is roughly $75 too much. However, the staff was great and the overall experience made the $200 less painful. It’s OK “once”. Feel no need to play either course for a second time.

Deception...

After playing in Maui’s golf course, i expected the same here in Turtle bay. I must admit, the course is in a great condition. Greens are in good shape. I found this course more like the courses we can play on the main land, nothing else, no “Wow”s, but the 17th hole. Also, i wonder why the is no ball cleaners at all on the course. Pricing is overated, you can get as much for lot less.

Nice but over priced

The course is good, not great only one view very over priced

Classic course

Great layout but on the pricey side. Greens rolled true but were not in as good of shape as previous rounds.

Palmer Course Disappointing

Travelled up from KoOlina where we are staying. Decided to head to North Shore and Turtle Bay. Had heard some pretty good recommendations for the Palmer course.

Several fairways burnt... staff said they had some issues and were aerating a few.??!

Didn’t play anywhere near the ocean... in fact saw the water just once during round. Lots of traps and dog legs and water everywhere, just not ocean. Disappointed with layout and conditions for $195. Better value elsewhere currently.

Excellent Resort Course

Despite the greens being recently cored, it’s a lovely course to play catering for all levels of player.
Good fairway widths and strategically placed pots.
Excellent opportunity to unleash the driver on many holes.

Will play again

A Very Nice North Shore Option

The Turtle Bay - Palmer Course is a top-notch golf course. The layout is very good and makes for an enjoyable round. The greens were close to immaculate, running true and fast without going over the top on the speed. There was some damage to a few of the fairways, which I surmise may have occurred as a result of the recent hurricane or other heavy rain (and which I imagine will be repaired with an upcoming aeration). The separate practice tee for the Palmer course is excellent, with very nice and well-maintained grass tees that are directly adjacent to the first tee box. The beverage cart (which may have been the coolest beverage cart I've ever seen, a 4x4 vehicle complete with doors) made frequent rounds without being intrusive. The lemon-scented cold towel at the end of the round was a nice touch. The greens fees are just a tad on the high side for Oahu, but the quality of the facility I believe merits the premium. I would not hesitate to recommend this course to visitors to Oahu.

Goose14

I played the Fazio course 1st then the Palmer Course in the late afternoon. It was a hike to get there from Koolina but well worth it. Since I played Fabio 1st $125 the replay to play Palner was only $75. Course is awesome. Plenty of water to bring enough balls to get by. Can’t wait to come back and do it again. Aloha.

One Ocean hole

If your into Palmer courses you will probably enjoy this course if your not you won’t like it. I was disappointed that there was only one real Ocean hole on a course everyone was saying was an Ocean side Course. Turf conditions were as close to perfection as you will ever find.

Kahuku, Hawaii