Wildcat Golf Club - The Highlands

Style Links
Wildcat Golf Club - Highlands
Scorecard for Highlands
Black M: 73.6/138 399 521 193 423 336 392 421 184 569 3438 143 429 580 395 349 570 208 450 392 3516 6954
Gold M: 71.7/134 378 493 175 396 324 369 387 168 546 3236 127 412 560 364 328 534 185 417 386 3313 6549
Blue M: 69.3/122 353 462 158 364 298 343 360 160 511 3009 113 379 534 350 298 508 156 390 379 3107 6116
White M: 67.4/114 318 406 145 334 269 306 334 143 477 2732 106 335 511 318 272 478 148 357 360 2885 5617
Ladies W: 68.7/111 296 379 127 296 241 284 319 119 393 2454 86 276 482 284 230 442 121 323 307 2551 5005

Year Built 2001
Architect Roy Case (2001)

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code Collared shirt required

Challenging but fun

I was not prepared for the outstanding elevations on the Highlands course. Sometimes you would hit to a green below you and sometimes the green would be above you! It was amazing. It had rained the night before and the wind was howling at 15mph but I really enjoyed this course. I played solo and the pace was great! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will play here again!

Response from Wildcat Golf Club on 02/25/2019:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout and a good value. Thank you for playing Wildcat Golf Club! #WildcatGC

Sloppy mess

They close the course for routine maintenance on Monday but no maintenance is on going because it is so wet! Either they still have the sprinklers on or this course isn’t draining like it use to. It hasn’t rained in Houston (this area) because Clear Creek Golf course down the road is off the paths. Standing water on uphill lies! Turn the sprinklers off!!

Response from Wildcat Golf Club on 02/25/2019:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our nice course layout and a great value. Thank you for playing Wildcat Golf Club!
Response from Wildcat Golf Club on 02/25/2019:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and a good value. Thank you for playing Wildcat Golf Club!

January 21

Greens and tee boxes in very good shape. Fairways were decent but considering winter conditions they were good. Pace was a bit slow. A group of wanna be pros in front really dawdled on the greens. Marshal tried to move them along but didn’t really work.

Response from Wildcat Golf Club on 02/25/2019:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our good course conditions. Thank you for playing Wildcat Golf Club!

Nice day

The day was cloudy and windy and chilly tp start. It ended up with bright blue skies and sunshine and no wind. The greens are excellent for this time of year. Few golfers at first which was nice, over all a pleasant day

Response from Wildcat Golf Club on 02/25/2019:
Hello, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing Wildcat Golf Club!

The course in great condition

Golf course was in excellent condition 1st dry course I've played on in months course was a lil challenging greens wer in great shape and pretty fast. I highly recommend this golf course staff was friendly.

Response from Wildcat Golf Club on 02/25/2019:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our great course conditions and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Wildcat Golf Club!

Have played lakes course multiple times but this was the first time playing Highlands. Played on a cold windy Sunday at lunchtime after some morning rain, and finished in 3 1/2 hours. Both courses are in good shape with healthy greens except for the bunkers, they could use a little help. Only real difference in the two courses is more elevation changes on Higlands and a lot more water on the Lakes course. Would recommend both courses to anyone visiting Houston and wants to play a course close to downtown.

nice course... but...

It is a well maintained course, with fast greens that are in great shape. Typically that would be enough to bring me back. Unfortunately I simply do not like the layout. On all the par 5's and what seemed like half the par 4's, you are forced to lay up off of the tee. just not my thing. The people were very friendly however, and if you like target golf and can't hit a driver more than 250, you may enjoy it quite a bit.

Amazing views

Spectacular views of the space city! Challenging course (bring your "A" game. Always in very good condition even in wet seasons. Very nice amenities. The staff could be a little friendlier especially in the pro shop. Always a good experience at Wild Cat. Last round it lived up to it's name...I saw a Bobcat walk across the cart path right in front of me!

Love this course. It actually has elevation even though it's in Houston. I played after some heavy rain and the bunkers were full of water but otherwise the course drained well. Fairways were a little rough because it was winter but Tees and Greens were in good condition.

First time playing the course. Friendly pro shop staff. The course was in very good condition from tee to green. Nice fairways & fast greens.This is a MUST play course in Houston!

Moderate and Short

This is a short course with a few gimmick holes (including par 5) where you have to lay up a 170 tee shot on a 500 yard hole.

Course was in good shape, nice fairways and greens. Green are small but very challenging with plenty of movement.

Would recommend the course places a pin placement and greens overview in the carts as many of the greens are not visible from the fairways.

Good track

Good selection of holes. I have played Prestwick in Scotland and some of the holes remind me of this, blind shots with elevation thrown in. Course was a little wet in many places and the ant hills are numerous so be prepared. Greens run true. Staff is a little off, not particularly friendly, no towels in carts, no ice in coolers. Had to ask for a scorecard. No place to clean your clubs when you finish so I drove cart into their cleaning facility and got a wet towel. Worth playing but ambiance is a little disappointing for the price. It's a service industry so a smile and making players feel welcome wouldn't hurt.

I love this course.

This is a beautiful course the staff are very friendly and nice.
I only play there when I get a reasonable price to play.

Great course except day old holes

Many putts missed due to frayed day old holes that had golfers flipping balls out with their putters.
Starter had smug attitude claiming we were late for tee time - we were not. Then to try to put us as a twosome behind a foursome with a later tee time is inexcusable and rude. Fortunately the foursome realized he was wrong and asked us to go ahead.

Staff Requires Work

First, I’m not from the Houston area, I travelled there for vacation and family. I decided to play some golf while the ladies went and shopped, figured I’d go and have some fun. I played as a single as I normally do here in my home town (Fort Worth), rarely do I play with someone I know. When I got there the course was just amazing, and well-manicured with tons of elevation. Unfortunately, when I got on #1 t-box with the three gentleman I was paired with the marshalled yelled only one ball off the box and was extremely curt with everyone getting ready to t-off. Thought that was odd, but nevertheless we proceeded, and then it was downhill from there on the ‘experience’. As we began to play a marshal followed us on a cart and continuously commented that we needed to pick up the pace. We played the entire round in 3.5hrs, but time after time he asked us to move along, even as he watched the group in front of us play slow. On top of that the group behind us kept hitting into us and nothing was ever said. If I’m paying $55+ to play golf, I’d expect some curtesy and enjoy my round. The other issue we had were the greens, they aerated them and never told anyone they did so. If I’d known that I wouldn’t have played there. But they allowed us to pay and play anyways. If it wasn’t for the rude staff and the failure to inform folks about the greens I’d say the course was fine, but I don’t think I’ll ever go back when I visit.

Pearland, Texas
Pearland, Texas

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!