Style Links
Wildcat Golf Club - Highlands

Year Built 2001
Architect Roy Case (2001)

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code Collared shirt required

Wildcat -Highlands course

In Town from Phoenix for spring break. Got the opportunity to squeeze in a round between family activities. Selected the course base off of previous reviews which were on the money. Course is in excellent shape! Greens in great condition and rolled true. Really impressed with all of the changes in elevations. I would of thought I was playing elsewhere If I didn’t see downtown Houston on every hole! Can’t wait to play it again!

Have played lakes course multiple times but this was the first time playing Highlands. Played on a cold windy Sunday at lunchtime after some morning rain, and finished in 3 1/2 hours. Both courses are in good shape with healthy greens except for the bunkers, they could use a little help. Only real difference in the two courses is more elevation changes on Higlands and a lot more water on the Lakes course. Would recommend both courses to anyone visiting Houston and wants to play a course close to downtown.

Response from on 02/25/2019:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed a quick pace of play and a good value. Thank you for playing Wildcat Golf Club!

nice course... but...

It is a well maintained course, with fast greens that are in great shape. Typically that would be enough to bring me back. Unfortunately I simply do not like the layout. On all the par 5's and what seemed like half the par 4's, you are forced to lay up off of the tee. just not my thing. The people were very friendly however, and if you like target golf and can't hit a driver more than 250, you may enjoy it quite a bit.

Amazing views

Spectacular views of the space city! Challenging course (bring your "A" game. Always in very good condition even in wet seasons. Very nice amenities. The staff could be a little friendlier especially in the pro shop. Always a good experience at Wild Cat. Last round it lived up to it's name...I saw a Bobcat walk across the cart path right in front of me!

Love this course. It actually has elevation even though it's in Houston. I played after some heavy rain and the bunkers were full of water but otherwise the course drained well. Fairways were a little rough because it was winter but Tees and Greens were in good condition.

First time playing the course. Friendly pro shop staff. The course was in very good condition from tee to green. Nice fairways & fast greens.This is a MUST play course in Houston!

Moderate and Short

This is a short course with a few gimmick holes (including par 5) where you have to lay up a 170 tee shot on a 500 yard hole.

Course was in good shape, nice fairways and greens. Green are small but very challenging with plenty of movement.

Would recommend the course places a pin placement and greens overview in the carts as many of the greens are not visible from the fairways.

Good track

Good selection of holes. I have played Prestwick in Scotland and some of the holes remind me of this, blind shots with elevation thrown in. Course was a little wet in many places and the ant hills are numerous so be prepared. Greens run true. Staff is a little off, not particularly friendly, no towels in carts, no ice in coolers. Had to ask for a scorecard. No place to clean your clubs when you finish so I drove cart into their cleaning facility and got a wet towel. Worth playing but ambiance is a little disappointing for the price. It's a service industry so a smile and making players feel welcome wouldn't hurt.

I love this course.

This is a beautiful course the staff are very friendly and nice.
I only play there when I get a reasonable price to play.

Great course except day old holes

Many putts missed due to frayed day old holes that had golfers flipping balls out with their putters.
Starter had smug attitude claiming we were late for tee time - we were not. Then to try to put us as a twosome behind a foursome with a later tee time is inexcusable and rude. Fortunately the foursome realized he was wrong and asked us to go ahead.

Staff Requires Work

First, I’m not from the Houston area, I travelled there for vacation and family. I decided to play some golf while the ladies went and shopped, figured I’d go and have some fun. I played as a single as I normally do here in my home town (Fort Worth), rarely do I play with someone I know. When I got there the course was just amazing, and well-manicured with tons of elevation. Unfortunately, when I got on #1 t-box with the three gentleman I was paired with the marshalled yelled only one ball off the box and was extremely curt with everyone getting ready to t-off. Thought that was odd, but nevertheless we proceeded, and then it was downhill from there on the ‘experience’. As we began to play a marshal followed us on a cart and continuously commented that we needed to pick up the pace. We played the entire round in 3.5hrs, but time after time he asked us to move along, even as he watched the group in front of us play slow. On top of that the group behind us kept hitting into us and nothing was ever said. If I’m paying $55+ to play golf, I’d expect some curtesy and enjoy my round. The other issue we had were the greens, they aerated them and never told anyone they did so. If I’d known that I wouldn’t have played there. But they allowed us to pay and play anyways. If it wasn’t for the rude staff and the failure to inform folks about the greens I’d say the course was fine, but I don’t think I’ll ever go back when I visit.

Fun Day of Golf

Greens were recently punched but rolled surprisingly quick and true despite that. Fairways were in excellent condition. Course was packed but the marshalls kept the round moving. Never had to wait long to hit any shots. Beverage cart came by at least 8 times which was great because it was so humid. All of the water coolers had plenty of water. Met some nice, new people and had a great time.

Having played the Lakes course a couple of times before, finally was able to get on the Highlands. Had my two college kids along and it was the first time I a long time we they stayed interested for the full 18 holes. Course was I great shape.

Response from on 07/31/2018:
Thank you for the 5 star review! We hope to have you back again soon at Wildcat Golf Club!

Wildcat Highlands

I thought the course was in good condition. The grounds crew was out on the course the entire round. I had to politely ask the man in the work cart to stop talking on his phone as he sat on the tee box directly behind mine as I was trying to tee off. In addition, one of the work crew was using a very loud blower to clear the clippings and he was following us on at least 4-5 holes. It became very annoying. Other than those issues, the rest fo the round was very enjoyable.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020