A view of the 12th green surrounded by water at Lakes Course from Wildcat Golf Club

Style Traditional
Wildcat Golf Club - Lakes

Year Built 2002
Architect Roy Case (2002)

Golf Simulator Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Texas (2014 #17)

Commented on 04/01/2020

Thank you for your 4-star rating, Tommy7999582! Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Wildcat Golf Club.

I got to play this course with my son. Enjoyed the day and great view of Houston city skyline on #18 hole. Challenging course and lost a few balls in the water but all in all great day.

Commented on 03/19/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating, u6467795! We're so glad you enjoyed your last round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing Wildcat Golf Club.

Wildcat Golf Club - The Lakes, 7.1/10

Course is always in fairly good shape. Green speeds vary by day, time of day, etc.

Wish the green speeds were more consistent from round to round. Can be quite challenging if wind is blowing, and pins are in difficult places.

Fun course to play, always plays differently based on the elements.

Tough Tee Shots on 70% of the holes.

KEYS TO SUCCESS: Accurate off Tee, Lag Putting

THINGS YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH: In-Accurate approach shots, as most danger is off tee-shot.

Overall -- good bang for your buck. Probably 1 of top 3 public courses in Houston.

Commented on 03/17/2020

rileygre, thank you for your kind words and valuable feedback! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great golf experience. Thanks for choosing Wildcat Golf Club.

Greens are rolling great

Easy check in with friendly employees. The restaurant had breakfast tacos, which hit the spot before playing. The greens were rolling great, probably the best I've seen them here at Wildcat. Definitely recommend.

Commented on 03/02/2020

Thank you for the 4-star review, recommendation, and great feedback! Join us for another round soon, and thanks for choosing Wildcat Golf Club.

Great conditions

Even after the rain over the weekend, the course was in great shape. The greens roll quick and punished any poor chips or approaches, but they were in perfect condition.
I will definetly be back.

Commented on 01/29/2020

Thank you for taking the time to rate us 4-stars and share your great feedback on the course, Gscoligan. Wildcat Golf Club thanks you!

Only one

I’ve played both courses at wildcat many times. Pro shop is very nice and so is the clubhouse and restaurant. Course was very soggy from 4 days of saturated air. I asked before setting out if it was cart path only due to ground being so wet. The staff looked at me like “Do you really need to ask” then said it was. I tee off and front 7 holes no one behind me. On the 8th hole a group showed up behind me. Caught me by surprise. Did not think I was playing that slow. my third shot on the par 5 I understood why. Here they come driving all over the fairway. I sped up and put two holes between by the 11th tee. On the 14th tee here they come pushing me again. How could I put 2 holes between us and now their on my butt again. Ahhh 8,9,&10 all go into the club house. They had to cart path. Now we’re away from clubhouse with no marshals. Therefore they can get away with tearing up the fairways. Then I look behind and the 3 groups behind them doing the same. Ok I hit to give me range and took off to get space. Hit to cart path, green, give me 2-3’ range and go. Did this until I finished. So much for having an enjoyable time. Went in pro shop and asked the new person was I the only one that was told cart path only? He just laughed and said well you know people going to do what they want when no one Is watching them. Just as he said it here comes the group straight up the 18th fairway. I pointed at them and said I guess so. The guy in the pro shop just shook his head and said yep. Premium course is going to be nothing but premium ruts by the end of the day. I guess if the pro shop don’t care, why should the guy that fixed 2-3 divots and 4-5 ball marks on the green at every hole he played give a darn. Now I know why there’s so many of both. They can add cart tracks to the list. Wildcat is my favorite course to play. I drive across town (from the Woodlands) when an opportunity to play comes up. It very upsetting that I was the only one that appreciates the course on this day. Greens always roll pristine. The new carts are great. The maintenance staff and cart barn kids have always been professional. The valets have always been great. Keeping the entrance clean even on a messy day. I know two of the pros that work there and both are upstanding, respectful, & prideful of where they work. I’ve played golf with one of the restaurant’s grille supervisors who is very proud to work there. I’ve met and or played golf with allot of the Marshalls. Wish one was there today! One of which has been a mentor to me for the better part of 30 years. Sad that the people who get to play these great courses don’t give a darn about the job any of them do. Nor do they care about someone that relishes the chance to play either of these courses because of the facility and people. They just want to tear up the course, impose on the person in front of them, all so they can play a 3 hr round. I guess as the guy in the pro shop, whom by the way I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting, said. People will do whatever they want as long as no one is watching them. To him all I have to say is “Only people who lack integrity and respect for those whose living is earned managing that fine facility...
Those people are not me”.

Commented on 01/23/2020

Thank you for noticing. I know your staff works hard to create a great experience for all golfers. I wish I could be as diplomatic. I would suggest push carts or carry on the extremely wet days. Save on the additional maintenance caused by carts. Use the money to build the pro’s a training facility that is welcoming and upstanding as the courses it represents. That is how my brain works.
Not very diplomatic.

Commented on 01/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, as well as your dedication to playing our course. Your comments & support are truly appreciated by our staff, but we're sorry to hear your recent round may have been affected by other players on the course. We can assure you our staff works hard to enforce course policies when possible, but unfortunately some guests do not abide. Your review has been escalated appropriately for any potential improvements, and we hope we can welcome you back for a better golf experience soon. Thank you for choosing Wildcat Golf Club!

Very Average

It's okay. Not great and maybe not even good. Fairways and greens are fairly good but rough and areas around are a little bit out of shape. Not worth anything over $40 in my opinion. Staff was very friendly and helpful, pace of play was very slow today.

Commented on 04/01/2020

Hi Alex2926029, thank you for leaving us with your feedback. However, we're sorry to hear that your overall experience was anything short of 5-stars. We value our customer experience, so your review is very important to us. We will make note of your comments as we work towards improvements and encourage you to contact our staff in the golf shop if you would like to address any concerns further. We appreciate your patience during this time and hope we can welcome you back for a better golf experience soon.

Amazing round of golf. Can’t really support the $21/pitcher of beer however

Commented on 03/17/2020

Crewoldt97, thank you for your kind words & feedback! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another great golf experience. Thanks for choosing Wildcat Golf Club.

Fun day

Course is in great winter condition. Greens a little slower then normal but still fast. If you’re able to get a hot deal from golf now great value.

Commented on 03/17/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Wildcat Golf Club. We truly appreciate your 5-star review and hope you join us for another round soon!

Commented on 02/18/2020

Hi Brian6521956, we appreciate you rating us 4-stars! We look forward to having you back at Wildcat Golf Club again soon.

This is an awesome course which will cause you to use every club in your bag. If you haven't played this course before, this is one course that should be added to your must play list. We had so much fun and the wind makes you think even harder on shot selections. The greens were fast and the par 5's are a blast to play and not to mention the holes starting at #7 when water comes into play on you tee and approach shots. It's a must paly and I will be playing Wildcat Lakes again soon.

Commented on 01/09/2020

Thank you for your 5-star rating and amazing feedback! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another one with us soon, and thanks for choosing Wildcat Golf Club! Be sure to come check out our new SmartPlay feature and order food & drinks anywhere on the course. If you order on SmartPlay through this Sunday, January 12th, you'll get 1 FREE Draft Beer redeemable at the grill!

Lakes is already tough enough...

Add 14 mph wind and some of the holes ... i just give up. Great golf course. Great greens. About 5 of the bunkers are gone... converted to grass.

Commented on 12/04/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Wildcat Golf Club! We appreciate your 4-star review, as well as the feedback you've shared. We're sorry to hear the wind may have affected your recent round, but we hope you join us for another one soon.

Great round!

Always a great time playing at wildcat. A little pricey, but its a good layout and conditions are usually as good or better than other options. Greens rolled good and were faster than other courses around.

Commented on 11/27/2019

Your feedback is important to us, u851911030. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience, and we look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Wildcat Golf Club.

A wonderful golf club

A great day of golf. The course was in excellent condition. Some very challenging holes.

Commented on 11/25/2019

Thank you for your 5-star rating, u000003288063! We're so glad you enjoyed your recent round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Wildcat Golf Club! Be sure to check out your review shared on our Facebook page.

Gut Windy but enjoyed the rounding

i am not recommend for beginning players. Lakes course is pretty challenge but Highland course should be much easier..
i like Wildcat Golf course specially lots of hills and water include excellent downtown view.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Wildcat Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review! Your feedback is important to us, and we're glad to hear you enjoy the challenge of our courses. We hope to welcome you back for another round soon!

Course in good shape

Greens and fairways were in great shape. Disappointed they didn't have a cart girl to help keep hydrated

Commented on 08/21/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, we hope to see you again soon!

Commented on 07/01/2019

Thanks for the review!

Commented on 06/24/2019

Thanks for the review, be sure to book another round with us soon!

Commented on 06/17/2019

Thanks for the great review, MG! We hope to see you again soon.

Nice!!!

This course is well maintained and the greens were in great condition! I didn’t like the fact you have so many (4 or 5) blind tee shots but you’re going to get that with rolling hills. The course layout was beautiful and challenging! Great spot! I’ll be back!!

Commented on 06/13/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review, Erick! We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Valid dates: Apr 04, 2020 - Sep 30, 2020
Here at Coachman's Golf Resort we pride ourselves on the high quality of magnificent golf, superb amenities and outstanding service that we offer our valued customers.