Coral Canyon Golf Course

Coral Canyon Golf Course
Scorecard for Coral Canyon
Black M: 74.2/136 525 560 177 394 384 122 480 312 433 3387 453 148 433 229 593 488 528 215 555 3642 7029
Blue M: 71.7/134 485 548 160 363 365 110 432 287 405 3155 375 148 410 202 554 455 495 188 533 3360 6515
White M: 68.8/122 W: 73.9/141 470 512 124 325 343 70 418 263 382 2907 345 141 375 182 514 403 441 144 501 3046 5953
Red M: 63.7/112 W: 67.8/121 385 448 87 300 252 44 401 209 356 2482 238 96 362 120 468 347 386 110 417 2544 5026
Junior W: 60.2/112 345 385 85 260 220 40 265 180 200 1980 190 80 280 110 400 295 355 90 345 2145 4125

Year Built 2000
Fairways Kentucky Bluegrass/Rye Grass
Architect Keith Foster (2000) Brad Bartell

GPS Yes, ProLink

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code No denim, collared shirt required. Shorts must be bermuda length.

Pity about the storm damage

Basically an attractive course, with well defended greens (bunkers), the works in progress to repair previous water damage and alter the layout did detract from the playing experience. Once this is finished, it will be a fine course. It took us a couple of holes to get into the swing of things. Had some longish carries, with fast greens in decent shape.

Busy course, but play was okay 4:25 minutes.

Nice Golf

Nice corse Tees not the best but about Monsunstorms thei did the best to hold the Course in good shape

Great terrain and layout.

Great coarse, unfortunately the coarse has major storm damage and should be half price.

Great course for the value

This course was very fun to play had some good challengers. A few holes had some turf damage on the greens and fairways, but other than that was in great shape. Staff helped get us out in front of a couple slow groups so we weren’t there all day. 10/10 would play again.

Had a fun time

Very good layout-traps need some work, greens a little bumpy

Took a chance while traveling and had ball. Great desert course with very friendly staff.

Course needs help

Sand traps were in terrible shape no raking occurring and water from irrigation washing the traps out. Greens were spotty.

desert golf at its best!

wonderful layout, friendly staff, 360 degree breathtaking views. Greens run fast, very hard to judge, and quite large. My only complaint was the inconsideration of the patrons who left thousand of untended ball marks on the greens. I guess they figure if they pay to play and it's not their home course, who cares.....well we DO!!!!!!! I would imagine with the heat and the dryness that the greens get unduly roughed up, but it makes it really difficult to roll a putt. Lovely, lovely course.

Scenic afternoon

Very scenic course. Has a pro course feel with multiple tee boxes spread throughout the links. Lots of elevated tee boxes, good fairways and nice but sometimes very tricky greens. I didn't score well but didn't care either because it is so beautiful. Every hole is different all with their own challenges. My only complaint was a couple holes the pin placement was too difficult for the average golfer. Most of our foursome picked up without holing out but considering how nice the course is this is a minor complaint. Definitely recommend playing this course.

Course has nice views and layout

Course condition was not as good as it should be for the price over 100.

What's Going On With CC?

I had played Coral Canyon several years ago and it was much more plush than it is today for some reason. With all the housing being built around it--I wonder if the course is having trouble getting enough water to keep it like it use to be. Greens were excellent though, fairways were mowed extremely tight--good for the people who want an extra 10 yards off the tee--not so good for those who like a little grass under their ball, not the thing to do if you don't have enough water either. There are courses in better shape down the road in Mesquite.

Coral canyon

Unbelievably awful customer service from the robot working the pro shop.

Confusion about our teetime at 10am or 1pm. No one could find proof and the robot in the shop wouldn't let us pay at 10am for the 1pm price after we drove from Vegas to play.

Never going back.

Slow groups hold up the pace of play

A generally good day at Coral Canyon: great weather, challenging and interesting course layout, first four holes moved along well -- but then the parade came to a near halt. Took 2 1/2 hours to complete the front nine. I knew that we couldn't keep the sun from setting, and if our group got in line again on the back nine that we would never finish before the sun set. So --- we went back to the first hole and played the front nine again. That was the only way to complete 18 holes that day.

They need to start "twilight" earlier to allow players to finish brfore sundown and/or figure out how to speed up the slow-pokes at the front of the parade.

Another gripe for Coral Canyon: the sand traps look nice from a distance, but if you have to play a shot out of one you'll find that the sand is about 1/4 th inch deep. I was really suprised (and disappointed) when my S-wedge bounceed of the hard -pan and sent my ball flying across the green. (The second time I used the rake to soften up the sand in a small area before I replaced the ball (yes, I know that's cheating, but if the course can't groom the traps then I need to); the resultant shot worked much better.

Nice course - needs more and better maintenance.

Average course

The reduced afternoon rate is all we would have wanted to pay for this course. 90% of the staff were very nice and informative.

California Advisor

Coral Canyon- Very nice course

This must be the time of year for "Over-Seed", this is the 3rd course that we have played that did this, this means we had to use the cart path and walk a lot.

This course is very hilly and long.

The views are incredible though.

The pace was very slow, as in 6+ stinking hours!!! We called the pro shop and asked them to send out one of the marshals to ask the guys in front of us to speed up, they said okay (There was 1 open hole in front of the foursome playing in front of us, we had to wait at every tee box as they lost and searched for their balls constantly).. But the marshals NEVER showed up. It took an hour just to play the first 2 holes. The next issue is that a group near us had a boom box in their cart and was blasting music. We again called for the marshal and asked them to get these guys to turn off their music, it didn't happen. Then when we were finished, I went into the pro shop and said they shouldn't allow stereos or music at all on this course. The guy behind the desk didn't seem to care about my opinion, he just shrugged me off. Those golfers must have been friends of his.

To the manager of this course, I hope you are reading this!!!: Your employees need to understand the players' concerns and abide by golf etiquette! A round of golf should never take 6 hours even in slow play, and we should not ever hear someone else's music blasting all around the entire course.

I heard that this was a nice course, so I flew in from Sacramento California to play here and it was one of my worst experiences ever on a golf course. If you look at my Profile, I play quite a bit of golf and always give good and honest reviews.

My review of your course is negative and I do not like posting negative reviews. For this reason, I am posting NO, I do not recommend this course.

You may reply to me.