Blue (W) 72 5781 yards 74.3 131
Green (W) 72 5186 yards 70.7 121
Scorecard for White Wing Golf Club
Black M: 73.1/137 349 519 202 356 381 438 368 191 556 3360 335 396 518 392 199 413 166 379 560 3358 6718
Gold M: 71.2/130 336 492 182 340 369 411 348 172 533 3183 314 374 478 367 174 389 147 343 538 3124 6307
Gold/Blue M: 70.5/127 336 470 158 340 369 378 348 154 478 3031 314 374 478 351 174 338 147 343 538 3057 6088
Blue M: 69.2/123 W: 74.0/128 310 470 158 313 335 378 323 154 478 2919 279 334 455 351 145 338 127 318 515 2862 5781
Blue/Green M: 68.0/120 310 430 138 313 301 329 323 154 415 2713 279 334 455 325 145 338 127 318 458 2779 5492
Green M: 66.5/117 W: 70.4/119 272 430 138 288 301 329 300 129 415 2602 254 309 401 325 126 317 103 291 458 2584 5186
Red W: 67.2/114 249 352 117 251 266 287 276 84 420 2302 223 266 334 291 120 281 100 237 420 2272 4574

Year Built 2001
Greens TifEagle Grass

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required

Great golfing experience!

Course es in excellent condition. People very friendly.. Where did all those trees in the middle of fairway come from! LOL.

5 hour round

as usual any course at Sun City is slow as molasses - nobody on the course to move golfers along. No players at any Sun City course lets folks play through - ridiciulous

Commented On 06/20/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet expectation. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the pace of play as we can assure you our staff at all courses are committed to providing our customers with a valuable golf experience. Your comments have been shared for any potential improvements, and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a better round soon.

This course is for mean old people

Let me start off by saying I intend this to be a scathing review of the culture of White Wing. The course is fine but the state of the course had little to do with my experience over Memorial Day.

As I have done at other golf courses in the Austin area, I booked a tee-time at White Wing and brought my son to ride along. Going with me is a good way for us to spend time together and for me to teach him about the game. I usually arrive an hour early to let him hit balls on the practice range and then we put his clubs back in our car. Sometimes we ride three deep in a golf cart, but we also have no problem getting our own cart. Ever since he started riding along, my son knows the rules are 1) stay in the cart, 2)remain quiet while other golfers are hitting, 3) tell me when you have to go pee, and 4) have a great time. If he does all those things, we usually end the round with a hotdog. I enjoy playing the sport but honestly, I can't and don't want to spend 5 hours away from my son just to play golf. For nearly two years, bringing him along has been a delight and---until we arrived at White Wing---a universally positive experience.

At White Wing though... As soon as I walked in the door an older man at the front desk sat up in his chair, looked over at my son carrying his golf bag, and rudely told me he couldn't play. He said our group already had 4 players and he would be a 5th. I think he saw my sons bag (we were going to the practice range as usual) and so I told him my son wouldn't be playing and would just be riding with me. He repeated - his face and body now visibly hostile - that it's not possible to have 5 players. I asked if it was about the carts (riding 3 deep can be an inconvenience to some I know) and he said no...we just couldn't have 5 players. I asked if I could rent my own cart, but they (now the boss was involved via phone) said no, the limit was 4. The fact that the other players - members of the retirements communities nearby - all had their own private carts and I would have had to have my own anyway just made their insistence more ridiculous.

This heated conversation is all happening by the way right in the middle of the pro shop, in front of other members, and most importantly, within the sight and sound of my son. We were told upfront, without any effort to accommodate nor empathy to our situation, that we couldn't play together and that no refund was possible. I was going to drive back 40 minutes to Austin for nothing. What kind of message does that send to a little kid who might want to play the sport someday? What message does that send to a dad who wants to invest in his family as much as the game?

After I had to defend myself and my son and the overall progress of modern society for 15 minutes, the staff at White Wing eventually let us go out --- under certain conditions. They said my son couldn't bring his clubs, couldn't play, we had to get our own cart, he couldn't get out of the cart, and we would have to stay on the cart path the whole time. Did I like the idea that I would need to leave my son on the cart path instead of pulling up near the ball and talking to him about the game? No. Did I think the condition was vindicative on their part? Yes. The whole reason for limiting the group to 4 is to keep the pace of play on schedule. How does making on golfer walk support that? It doesn't. It just a way for mean old people to be mean old people.

Golf has a reputation for being the snobby game of cranky old men. That reputation is changing in places all over Austin. Unfortunately, my son now wonders why the men at White Wing don't want him around.

Side Comments:

1. Not my experience but one guy I was golfing with happened to live on the course. He said his grandkids were out in the backyard throwing a football one morning. Golfers called the clubhouse and complained saying his children shouldn't be outside disturbing play. I bet you the club didn't tell the complainer to lighten up.

2. The cold old man at the front also made it clear that that White Wing didn't like it when people book tee times through GolfNow (read: they don't like anyone not living in the 55+ retirement community of Sun City).

3. They don't sell hotdogs. My son obeys his rules for 18 holes... and they don't even sell hotdogs. What's wrong with this place!?

4. No services carts for bringing you water, beer, or snack during the rounds. Bringing your own or be prepared to bum a bottle of Ensure from one of the members.

Commented On 06/13/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we truly apologize for any poor customer experience you may have received during your recent round with us. We are committed to providing all of our customers with a valuable golf experience and would like to address any concerns with you directly. Please feel free to reach out to Eric Beyer, Head Golf Professional, at (512) 948-7563 or Erik.Beyer@SCTexas.org at your convenience and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved experience in the near future.

Commented On 06/07/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we're very sorry to see your recent round with us did not meet expectations. Please feel free to reach out to our staff so we may address any concerns with you directly, and we hope we can provide you with much-improved golf experience soon.

Commented On 04/18/2019

Thanks for the 4-stars and choosing White Wing Golf Club! We hope to welcome you back for another round soon. #WhiteWingGC

Course has improved

The course has improved since the renovated. Greens were in good shape. The staff friendliness leaves something to be desired. There was a lady taking payments and she was great. Nice, helpful person. However, called in a few days before the round and talked to a gentleman that just seemed put out and angry. Why do you work at a golf course that interacts with people if you are going to be angry and put out for anything? He should retire or get into a line of work that doesn't require him to interact with customers.

Commented On 04/04/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we truly apologize on behalf of our staff for any poor customer service you may have received. We are committed to providing all of our golfers with a valuable experience and can assure you your feedback has been shared appropriately for any necessary improvements. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back to White Wing Golf Club for a much-improved round soon!

Commented On 03/29/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, however, we're very sorry to see your recent experience with us may not have met expectations. We would appreciate any additional feedback for potential improvements, and invite you to reach out to our staff directly to address your concerns further. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved experience soon!

Needs a Marshal

Extremely slow play. The course needs a marshal to speed things along. So slow that I stopped after nine holes.

Commented On 03/26/2019

We appreciate the 3-star review, as well as your feedback. However, we apologize for any inconvenience regarding the pace of play during your recent round. Your comments have been shared with staff appropriately for improvements, and we hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved round soon. If you would like to discuss any concerns further, please feel free to contact our pro shop staff so we may address them with you directly.

Commented On 03/26/2019

Thanks for the 5-stars and choosing White Wing Golf Club! Come back soon. #WhiteWingGC

Good course

Open fairways, can always take advantage of the downhill lies.

Commented On 02/22/2019

Thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback! We appreciate your review and hope to have you back at White Wing Golf Club again soon. #WhiteWingGC

Commented On 07/15/2019

Hello, boboX. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon. #WhiteWingGC

Sun city courses

Sun City has 3 courses. Cowan Creek, Legacy Hills and White Wing. As a whole, white wing is my favorite. There are things i like about Cowan Creek, but the experience is always the best at White Wing. Legacy hills seems to have forgotten about their greens.

Commented On 04/22/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review and great feedback on White Wing Golf Club! We truly appreciate your support. While our staff has heard that Legacy Hills has some of our best greens currently, we apologize if this was not the case for you and encourage you to reach out to our staff there to address any specific concerns directly. We hope to welcome you back to our courses for another round soon!

Commented On 04/08/2019

Thanks for the 4-stars and choosing White Wing Golf Club! Join us again soon. #WhiteWingGC

Cool golf cart highway signs

The golf course had a good layout and the greens were well kept. I also thought the fairway was exceptional. The wildlife was a great plus... the number of wild turkeys on back nine was cool

Commented On 04/08/2019

Thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback! We're so glad to hear we could provide you with a valuable golf experience here at White Wing Golf Club, and we look forward to having you back again soon. Check out your review shared on our Facebook page! #WhiteWingGC

Hard Pan on a gorgeous day

The course needs water, aerification , and top dressing.
The layout is great and a good value for the money.

Put water on the course and things will be even better.

Commented On 04/12/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review and sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your patience & understanding as our staff prepares for the season ahead, and we hope you will enjoy some course improvements during your next round! We're glad to hear we can still provide you with a valuable golf experience here at White Wing Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon. #WhiteWingGC

Love this course

This course is always nice even after rain, it seems to have great Drainage. Challenging, but great for all levels.

Commented On 03/18/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review and great feedback on the course! We appreciate your patience & understanding with the weather conditions, but are glad to hear you still enjoyed your recent round with us at White Wing Golf Club. Tee it up again soon! #WhiteWingGC

White wing is a nice course with doable challenges for a newbie Golfer Luke me. I wish the generally friendly staff would focus less on returning the carts and more on playing a nice round.

Response from #WhiteWingGC on 12/28/2018:
We truly appreciate the 5-stars and your feedback. On behalf of our staff, we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience and we hope we can offer you an even better one soon. Thanks for playing White Wing Golf Club!

Reasonable challenge

Greens will hold your shot. Running fast.
1st cut of rough gnarly, so accuracy important. Fairways are wide enough.
One negative, you have to warm up on non grass tee box.

Response from #WhiteWingGC on 12/05/2018:
Jim, we appreciate your feedback and 4-star review. Your comments have been shared with our staff for any areas of improvement, but we hope you were able to enjoy the day with us at White Wing Golf Club. Join us again soon!

Don’t play if under the age of 55

This course is located in a community with an age restriction of 55 and up. When I showed up, I was given bad stares from everyone, the staff in the pro shop would not allow me to have a cart because the other members in the group brought there own. This would be fine except the fact that I had to walk the course while my playing partners rode in their personal carts. After the front 9 my playing partners went home, I was allowed then to have a cart but it was given to me reluctantly and they told me I had to have it back in an hour. I was not able to finish the back nine and by that time the driving range was closed. If I had payed full price I would have asked for a refund. In summary, if you are not retired and own your own golf cart, do not come here, as you will be treated unprofessionally and you will not be able to fully enjoy the afternoon of golf.

Response from White Wing Golf Club on 11/21/2018:
On behalf of our staff at White Wing Golf Club, we are truly sorry to hear your first experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are committed to providing all of our golfers with a valuable golf experience, but it seems we may have missed the mark. Our cart policy allows for only 2 carts per threesome or foursome, while a third cart can be added at an additional charge and must stay on the cart path. We do require that carts be turned in by sunset as well. Unfortunately, we were a little short on cart availability the day you played, so we do apologize if this affected your experience with us. We would like to address your concerns with you directly if possible, so please feel free to reach out to our staff in the pro shop at (512) 948-7570. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for a much-improved round soon.

Saturday afternoon

Late getting off because off a high school tournament. Then behind two couples playing and they would not let us play through so we had a very long day. I guess if your a member it's great.

Response from #WhiteWingGC on 11/04/2018:
Chris, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars. We truly apologize for any inconvenience regarding the pace of play on the day of your round, but appreciate your understanding as we had a tournament that morning. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back to White Wing Golf Club for a better experience soon!
3.1904857143