Tiger Point Golf Club

GPS: Yes

Driving range: Yes, hitting balls from grass
Practice hole: Yes

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Grey 72 5598 yards 67.7 123

The course at Tiger Point runs alongside the Intracoastal Waterway, offering panoramic ocean views. The course was designed in the tradition of classic Scottish links golf courses but with the added feature of water, which comes into play on 14 holes. A generous sprinkling of towering southern pines sets the layout apart as well. Originally a nine-hole course, another nine was added in 1984 and in 1989, then was another redesign of the golf course. Since then, it has becomes one of the Pensacola area's most treasured courses. Tiger Point also offers a driving range, practice bunker, two practice greens, and a chipping green.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch dinner

"Early Father’s Day round"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Course is in good shape. Played tough due to rain but very nice.

"Honest Communication is Key"

TinCupMike's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

I moved to the Gulf Breeze area two years ago and have played Tiger Point more than any course in the area due to proximity to my house and I the fact that really like the layout and the they usually have the green speeds running on the quick side. Now I will say that since Honours Golf has taken over they have made vast improvements to the conditions of the course. That being said I made the reservation for this round on Thursday evening on the TigerPoint website and there was no mention that they had recently punched the greens. Checked in and paid with the Head Pro Saturday morning and no mention of the green conditions, then talked to the Marshall on the way to the first tee and still nothing. So you can imagine our surprise when we get to the first green and not only notice that the greens had been punched but they looked like they had not been cut or rolled in a few days. On the 10th hole the Marshall came by to check on us and asked how our round was going and I mentioned that it would have been nice to know about the green conditions prior to the round and he stated that he believed that they didn't want to scare away business as the reason they didn't mention it on the website. Now I understand that punching the greens is a part of regular course maintenance and that it has to be done. But my issue is when these conditions are not communicated to the customer. We will definitely be back and play again and once the greens heal I'm sure they will roll as speedy as in the past. But on this day I can only give the course conditions an average rating. Now as far as the average rating for the on course amenities we have tried on numerous occasions to have lunch and a few beers at the Sunset Grille and it always turns into a two hour ordeal of waiting way to long for our food and then if you have to ask for a side or condiment by the time it comes your food is cold. On this day we went to a local establishment but when one of our group went inside to pay his cart bill it still took 15 minutes just to do that.

"Airrating the greens"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

We played with some friends in a 4some great price due to airrating the greens on the front nine. Played the back nine twice took quite a bit longer to play because we had to drive back to the ninth but we had a nice time. Course was in great shape. Overall good day

Commented on 06/15/2018

Thank you for the 4* review. We appreciate your patience with the process that we have to go through twice a year with the maintenance to the greens. Short term issue, but long term health of the greens. The greens are back in great shape now and we would love to see you again soon.

Swing Away!

Ron1576407's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/31/2018

Commented on 06/12/2018

Thank you for your 5* review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at Tiger Point and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Swing away,

GM

"Always enjoy this course."

lcavitt's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

Have played this course when on vacation for several years. Always pleased. Course is in great shape, greens were fast and true. Probably my favorite course in the area.

Commented on 06/12/2018

Thank you for the 4* review. Hope you enjoyed your trip down from Chattanooga. Look forward to seeing you again next trip.

Swing away,

GM

"Great overall golfing experience!"

LazyK's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

I have been playing Tiger Point since I retired to the area a couple of years ago. Troon has made significant improvements to the overall condition of the course over the past year. Greens are some of the best around and fairways are in great shape with summer grass coming in nicely. Beautiful course with views of the Santa Rosa Sound on some holes. As described by others, the course is challenging with water on most holes so need to keep it in the fairway. Looking forward to a summer of great golf.

Commented on 05/08/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. We are glad you are seeing the improvement in the course conditions. The course should only improve as we get into summer. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

"Much improved course"

eagle3572000's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

Tiger Point now has new Troon Management running the course. What an improvement. Greens much better, fairways much improved and now a better playing course. Challenging layout with water coming into play on 14 holes. Great for shot makers. Do recommend playing here if you can

Commented on 05/08/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. We appreciate it. The course looks 10 times better than when we took over a year ago. Everyday we continue to improve the course. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sheri1062579's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Commented on 05/08/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. We appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Excellent condition"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Course is in great shape. Fast greens. Played poorly but that’s my bad. Overall excellent

"Disappointing"

dpgordon01's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Pictures are misleading, as course not nearly as good as shown. Could be a really great course with some care. Not worth the money in it's current condition. Course layout not female friendly. No Marshall to maintain pace of play & it was slow. Understand there is new management & they are working to improve but will take a lot to get me back.

Commented on 05/08/2018

Thank you for the review. We are sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations. Please call (850) 932-1333 and ask for our GM. Would love to discuss further.

"Friendly Golfers"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Very nice course. Lot's of water but that's what makes it challenging. Every golfer I ran into was friendly and all asked how I was enjoying myself. The pro shop was well stocked and staff was very helpful and friendly.

Commented on 04/12/2018

Thank you for playing Tiger Point. We appreciate your 5"* review. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Great value for price."

u512018073's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/21/2018

This course has a LOT of water hazards on almost every hole. Hit the fairway or pay the penalty. The greens were fast. I enjoyed playing here. I will definitely play here again.

Commented on 03/25/2018

Thank you for the 4* review. Hope you took some pictures while you were playing the holes with the view of the Santa Rosa Sound. We look forward to seeing you out at Tiger Point again soon.

Swing Away!

"Greens"

Michael5293979's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

This course was recently bought out by another company and they completely turned around the quality of the course. I’ve always loved the layout and now the greens are growing in perfect and are rolling great. Fairways and tee box need a little work but the course is well worth the money. Highly advise playing here.

Commented on 03/19/2018

Thank you for the 4* review. The greens are rolling great right now. We look forward to seeing you again soon at #TigerPoint.

Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

"Nice layout"

hbmaune's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2018

Course was nice. Really nice layout. Need to sow some winter rye grass so it would have some color. Main problem was the web site score card showed a yellow tee box at around 4700 yds. There was no yellow tee box. All the workers we asked said there never was a yellow tee box. I picked this golf course so my wife could play a golf course that she could enjoy.

Commented on 03/02/2018

Thank you for the review and we appreciate the remarks about the layout. I also appreciate you bringing it to my attention that we have a yellow tee box that is being promoted. Yes, we don't have a yellow tee box set up out on the course right now. We are working on getting that scorecard removed and replaced with our current one. I started in September and we have not had a yellow tee box since September so I don't know how long it has been missing. This year we did decide not to overseed with winter rye. The previous management company went two years without spraying out the weeds and putting out pre-emergent so the golf course in the spring / summer was covered with weeds. This prevented our spring / summer guests from having ideal playing conditions. Taking this winter off from overseeding with winter rye has allowed us to clean up our weed issues. We will reevaluate the process next winter season. Having issues with the course is never fun and I would like to make it up to you. Please call the golf shop at (850) 932-1333 and ask for the GM.

Thanks and Swing Away!

"In Transition"

William2950144's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

This is course is typically in excellent condition but it is the time of year in North Florida where the winter grass is not quite gone and the summer grass is not quite grown in. We also played following a heavy rain earlier in the week. I expect the course will be in 4 to 5 star condition in 4 to 6 weeks and we will definitely play there again.

Commented on 02/19/2018

Thank you for the 4* review. We appreciate the feedback from our customers. You are right.. We did receive some rain this past weekend. 7 + inches from Saturday evening to Monday morning. Not much fun for our regular golfers. The course will continue to green up with the beautiful days we are having. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Lots of water"

U000005614339's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

Got to know where to hit your shot as water comes into play on most holes. Bring some water balls.

Commented on 02/19/2018

Thank you for the 4* review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

"A beautiful course!!!"

Ursula1470014's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018

The course has been taken over by Troon management Co.

It is in very good condition and it is a joy to play!!

"Very Special"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/31/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Enjoyed the Floridian round of golf here and would recommend it to anyone who can play good golf. You can see why decent tournaments have been held here. Staff were very friendly including the GM.

"great layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

with the 25mph wind and numerous water hazards scoring well was challenging but fun