Tiger Point Golf and Country Club - West

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Back 36 3414 yards

Driving Range Yes, hitting balls from grass
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

Good course when it 's not being used as a playground

Played this course today knowing I was going to deal with freshly plugged greens but was willing to play just to get my first experience of the hazards and tough bunker play I had been warned about. Overall, the course was beautiful for a rainy day but the tee boxes were not well mowed. The biggest issue was that a third of the holes I played on had families, kids, or house pets running around on the actual course!! On hole 11 there was a full on baseball game being played by a family right on the tee boxes... It was ridiculous. Hole 17 there was three little children playing on the green and I had to go find their parents just to have them cleared form the green so I could tee off. Great course.... avoid on Sunday's if you don't want to deal with children and dogs.

Nice layout

Nice layout, needs maintenance, bunkers with grass growing, good greens, with just a little upkeep this could be a great course

Impeccable Greens

Greens were fast fast fast and smooth smooth smooth. Well maintained course right off the Santa Rosa Sound. Beautiful views and water everwhere.

It was a great round of golf. Played the Blue tees.

Amazing views and great location, sub par conditions

I'm from Texas and this is my first time playing this course. The views and location were amazing, the course layout is awesome and challenging. But I was very disappointed in the overall condition of the course. Many tee boxes were burnt up, really dry and dead fairways. The greens were brown and bumpy. This course really needs to be watered. I rented clubs and they were really nice, new Calloways, decently expensive to rent though. I would recommend to a friend if they can get the hot deal. I wouldn't pay $45 to play it, but $15 wasn't bad.

Always a pleasure play tiger point. It's a fun course and gets better every time I play

VALUE!!!!!

This course was worth every penny of the green fee. The course layout was well thought out, using a mixture of water, sand, and elevated greens. I can't say enough about the speed and consistency of the greens.

One tip a club member told me was that the course is actually easier if you play from the blue tees instead of the white because it opens up your options off the tee. Instead of starting 30-50 yards closer, the landing area is now wider and some of the reachable hazards are now out of range.

Not that the golf course has anything to do with this, the wind speed and direction can change these holes dramatically. This could add or subtract 20 yards to shot. Stay focused on the wind conditions.

A great value for a challenging but fair golf course. The only thing negative I could say would be the pace of play;. but don't let this deter you from experiencing this gem.

Commented On 07/09/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. We are glad that you enjoyed the course. The greens are rolling great right now. Knowing the wind is extremely important with this course. You hit the nail on the head with that comment. It can play a factor out here with our beautiful views of the Santa Rosa Sound. See you again soon.

Swing away!

Course Ok.

Booked a 7am solo tee time. Was pushed back few minutes for a regular hubby & wife. Then was paired with a regular but pushed into one cart. I know as a solo player who travels and plays, I’ll get thrown in with others. But a 3 hour round in one cart with a stranger, no, that’s wrong and awkward. Aside from that, course not bad for the price. Greens consistent, some fun holes, others are challenging. Water played into a lot of holes but still not overly difficult . Just don’t show up alone expecting your own cart, even if you paid for it!

Commented On 07/09/2018

Thank you for the review. Glad you were able to play your round in under 4 hours. Greens typically roll pretty consistently are usually not slow or too fast. We do pair up groups into less carts. This is done for guests and members. We apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully, we will still see you out here next time.

Swing Away,

Local guy

Tee boxes need some serious work. My boxes were somewhat ok but My wife was very dissatisfied with the women’s tee boxes. One hole she was practically hitting out of the rough on a par 3 tee box. Overall the course is getting better week by week. Please give the boxes some attention.

Commented On 07/03/2018

Thank you for the review. The weeds will be addressed this week. Unfortunately, our spray rig has been down the past two weeks and will be back working this week. This will allow us to eliminate the weeds that have popped up with all of the rain we received two weeks ago. Please apologize to your wife because the red tees are worse than the other tee boxes.

Please reach out to me so we can discuss further.

Thanks

Nice Course

My dad and I played while on vacation in Pensacola Beach. We really enjoyed the layout of the course. The fairways were in great shape but the greens had recently been punched and weren’t in the best shape. I wish we had known this before we booked our tee time. I’m sure the greens will be in much better shape in a couple of weeks once they fill back in, but I didn’t feel like I got my money’s worth because of the green conditions.

Gulf Breeze, Florida