Tiger Point Golf and Country Club - West

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Back 36 3414 yards

Driving Range Yes, hitting balls from grass
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

Good shape!

Conditions good for late winter...more grass than other courses in the area.

Commented On 2019-03-09T22:46:59.000+00:00

Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Tiger Point.

Commented On 2019-03-09T22:50:06.000+00:00

Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bring some balls!

This is a great course. The water hazards are force to be reckoned with. A lot of lateral water on both sides of some and an island green that you see on PGA tour. I lost more than my share of balls but looking forward to playing it again next winter. Staff was excellent and very accommodating. I recommend this course.

Commented On 2019-02-26T02:06:43.000+00:00

Thank you for playing Tiger Point Golf Club. Hopefully, the drive over from Destin was smooth for you. The golf course was designed by our local golf legend Jerry Pate to hold the Pensacola Open in the 80's. We hosted the last PGA tournament held in Pensacola. Typically, the more players know the golf course the easier it gets. We look forward to seeing you and your group again soon.

GM

Nice course layout but not in great shape.

Course had a nice interesting layout with lots of memorable holes and lots of water however it was not in great shape. The greens were bumpy, bunkers unkept and rough areas around the greens.

Commented On 2019-02-20T19:32:52.000+00:00

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your round andwould recommend our course. This week we are top dressing our greens to help with the ball roll. I will pass along the information about the bunkers. The Turf Carte team is supposed to spin the bunkers every other day. Hopefully, they will be up to your expectations next time you play. They are going to do some minor repair to the bunker faces on four of the holes over the next couple of weeks to improve the playability.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Swing away,

Quite surprise

I must admit that i was surprised with this course after reading reviews and talking to people last year.
We decided to play it and the conditions are getting better
It was enjoyable also because of the pace of play...just the two of us ....so no delays.
Thanks for a nice time

Commented On 2019-02-26T02:10:07.000+00:00

Thank you for your review. We continue to improve the course. The course as come a long way since we took over in April of 2017. The work is not over as we continue to improve daily. Just this week we cleared a lot of brush on # 10 to improve air flow and sunlight to our worst green on the course.

Hope to see you and your group again soon. IF not travel safely back to Montreal, QC, Canada. Look forward to seeing you again next year.

GM

Another run down golf course in February.

I am trying to be positive about the experience because everyone was friendly and helpful. The course is a nice layout with wide fairways and hazards that are obvious. The don’t overseed and they were watering so the turf was soft. There was no roll on the fairways. The greens are small though true. The tee boxes have settled so they are sloped and slanted in lots of directions. The driving range is well maintained. The clubhouse is showing it’s age. The wait staff and pro were very friendly and helpful. The power carts are all new and in good condition. This place is another course that is far past it’s best days. There will need to be time and significant money spent to bring it back to what it may have been before the recession.

Commented On 2019-02-26T02:26:10.000+00:00

Thank you for your review and appreciate the feedback. We have went and put some sand on our worst areas of tee boxes to help improve them. The plan was to redo three of our worst tee boxes this winter. White/grey tee box on # 2, blue tee box on # 3, grey/red tee boxes on # 4 and white tee box on # 10. Unfortunately, we had a 5 week period during November/ December that our irrigation system didn't work so our staff was having to fix that daily. Do you remember what holes you had water running? Our irrigation system is 30 + years old and unfortunately there are times when heads don't go down all the way. The turf care team does a great job repairing them as soon as they are aware, but sometimes they don't see them until later in the day. We are supposed to only run water at night on our course unless it doesn't run through the normal cycle. If this happens the team will run water first thing in the morning before play. The West Course (currently closed) has sprinklers running during the day. We are in the planning stages to have a new irrigation system put in next year.

Today we restriped the parking lot lines to help with the aging of the clubhouse. New furniture and clubhouse updating is on our capital list for 2019/2020 so hopefully we will have them next winter when you return from Stevens Point, Wi.

If we don't see you again before you leave travel safely. Thanks again for the feedback. The course has come a long way since April of 2017 when we took over and it will continue to improve daily.

Swing away,

nice track

this course was the best course I've played since coming to Destin snowbirding from Johnstown, PA. I did have difficulty with the course being so long, the tees between the back ones and senior tees were not much different like other tracks. I'm hoping I can play it again.

Fun course

This is a challenging but fun course to play. Lots of water. It's the type of course you want to attack. And feel good even if you shoot a high score. Because it's a fun course to play.
Will play this course again.

Commented On 2019-02-26T02:11:25.000+00:00

Thank you for your review. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon.

GM

A great course of the area. It has water difficulties like nothing else around. The greens are growing well and currently slow but will progress well if taken care of. Staff is friendly and pro shop is well stocked with good prices

Snobby and expensive

We have played here before. This time we ran into a rather abrupt pro shop employee. He gave us grief about wanting to go off early to avoid predicted rain, even though the course was mostly empty, but give him credit for letting us go off.

The course was only in fair condition. Several (3 maybe 4) holes were so water logged we had to move our balls several yards to be able to get out of standing water.

Good news we beat the bad weather. Bad news is the course still needs work and until they finish the corrections, the green fees should be lowered to under $20 per round go make it a good value.

Thank you for letting me offer my observations in hopes of making Tiger Point a premier course in the Gulf Breeze / Pensacola FL area.

Good course when it 's not being used as a playground

Played this course today knowing I was going to deal with freshly plugged greens but was willing to play just to get my first experience of the hazards and tough bunker play I had been warned about. Overall, the course was beautiful for a rainy day but the tee boxes were not well mowed. The biggest issue was that a third of the holes I played on had families, kids, or house pets running around on the actual course!! On hole 11 there was a full on baseball game being played by a family right on the tee boxes... It was ridiculous. Hole 17 there was three little children playing on the green and I had to go find their parents just to have them cleared form the green so I could tee off. Great course.... avoid on Sunday's if you don't want to deal with children and dogs.

Nice layout

Nice layout, needs maintenance, bunkers with grass growing, good greens, with just a little upkeep this could be a great course

Impeccable Greens

Greens were fast fast fast and smooth smooth smooth. Well maintained course right off the Santa Rosa Sound. Beautiful views and water everwhere.
It was a great round of golf. Played the Blue tees.

Amazing views and great location, sub par conditions

I'm from Texas and this is my first time playing this course. The views and location were amazing, the course layout is awesome and challenging. But I was very disappointed in the overall condition of the course. Many tee boxes were burnt up, really dry and dead fairways. The greens were brown and bumpy. This course really needs to be watered. I rented clubs and they were really nice, new Calloways, decently expensive to rent though. I would recommend to a friend if they can get the hot deal. I wouldn't pay $45 to play it, but $15 wasn't bad.

Always a pleasure play tiger point. It's a fun course and gets better every time I play

VALUE!!!!!

This course was worth every penny of the green fee. The course layout was well thought out, using a mixture of water, sand, and elevated greens. I can't say enough about the speed and consistency of the greens.

One tip a club member told me was that the course is actually easier if you play from the blue tees instead of the white because it opens up your options off the tee. Instead of starting 30-50 yards closer, the landing area is now wider and some of the reachable hazards are now out of range.

Not that the golf course has anything to do with this, the wind speed and direction can change these holes dramatically. This could add or subtract 20 yards to shot. Stay focused on the wind conditions.

A great value for a challenging but fair golf course. The only thing negative I could say would be the pace of play;. but don't let this deter you from experiencing this gem.

Commented On 2018-07-09T18:35:21.000+00:00

Thank you for the 5* review. We are glad that you enjoyed the course. The greens are rolling great right now. Knowing the wind is extremely important with this course. You hit the nail on the head with that comment. It can play a factor out here with our beautiful views of the Santa Rosa Sound. See you again soon.

Gulf Breeze, Florida
Navarre, Florida
Cantonment, Florida
Milton, Florida

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!
1255 Country Club Rd, Gulf Breeze, FL 32563, Santa Rosa County