Tiger Point Golf and Country Club - West

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Back 36 3414 yards

Driving Range Yes, hitting balls from grass
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

Snobby and expensive

We have played here before. This time we ran into a rather abrupt pro shop employee. He gave us grief about wanting to go off early to avoid predicted rain, even though the course was mostly empty, but give him credit for letting us go off.

The course was only in fair condition. Several (3 maybe 4) holes were so water logged we had to move our balls several yards to be able to get out of standing water.

Good news we beat the bad weather. Bad news is the course still needs work and until they finish the corrections, the green fees should be lowered to under $20 per round go make it a good value.

Thank you for letting me offer my observations in hopes of making Tiger Point a premier course in the Gulf Breeze / Pensacola FL area.

Good course when it 's not being used as a playground

Played this course today knowing I was going to deal with freshly plugged greens but was willing to play just to get my first experience of the hazards and tough bunker play I had been warned about. Overall, the course was beautiful for a rainy day but the tee boxes were not well mowed. The biggest issue was that a third of the holes I played on had families, kids, or house pets running around on the actual course!! On hole 11 there was a full on baseball game being played by a family right on the tee boxes... It was ridiculous. Hole 17 there was three little children playing on the green and I had to go find their parents just to have them cleared form the green so I could tee off. Great course.... avoid on Sunday's if you don't want to deal with children and dogs.

Nice layout

Nice layout, needs maintenance, bunkers with grass growing, good greens, with just a little upkeep this could be a great course

Impeccable Greens

Greens were fast fast fast and smooth smooth smooth. Well maintained course right off the Santa Rosa Sound. Beautiful views and water everwhere.

It was a great round of golf. Played the Blue tees.

Amazing views and great location, sub par conditions

I'm from Texas and this is my first time playing this course. The views and location were amazing, the course layout is awesome and challenging. But I was very disappointed in the overall condition of the course. Many tee boxes were burnt up, really dry and dead fairways. The greens were brown and bumpy. This course really needs to be watered. I rented clubs and they were really nice, new Calloways, decently expensive to rent though. I would recommend to a friend if they can get the hot deal. I wouldn't pay $45 to play it, but $15 wasn't bad.

Always a pleasure play tiger point. It's a fun course and gets better every time I play

VALUE!!!!!

This course was worth every penny of the green fee. The course layout was well thought out, using a mixture of water, sand, and elevated greens. I can't say enough about the speed and consistency of the greens.

One tip a club member told me was that the course is actually easier if you play from the blue tees instead of the white because it opens up your options off the tee. Instead of starting 30-50 yards closer, the landing area is now wider and some of the reachable hazards are now out of range.

Not that the golf course has anything to do with this, the wind speed and direction can change these holes dramatically. This could add or subtract 20 yards to shot. Stay focused on the wind conditions.

A great value for a challenging but fair golf course. The only thing negative I could say would be the pace of play;. but don't let this deter you from experiencing this gem.

Commented On 07/09/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. We are glad that you enjoyed the course. The greens are rolling great right now. Knowing the wind is extremely important with this course. You hit the nail on the head with that comment. It can play a factor out here with our beautiful views of the Santa Rosa Sound. See you again soon.

Swing away!

Course Ok.

Booked a 7am solo tee time. Was pushed back few minutes for a regular hubby & wife. Then was paired with a regular but pushed into one cart. I know as a solo player who travels and plays, I’ll get thrown in with others. But a 3 hour round in one cart with a stranger, no, that’s wrong and awkward. Aside from that, course not bad for the price. Greens consistent, some fun holes, others are challenging. Water played into a lot of holes but still not overly difficult . Just don’t show up alone expecting your own cart, even if you paid for it!

Commented On 07/09/2018

Thank you for the review. Glad you were able to play your round in under 4 hours. Greens typically roll pretty consistently are usually not slow or too fast. We do pair up groups into less carts. This is done for guests and members. We apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully, we will still see you out here next time.

Local guy

Tee boxes need some serious work. My boxes were somewhat ok but My wife was very dissatisfied with the women’s tee boxes. One hole she was practically hitting out of the rough on a par 3 tee box. Overall the course is getting better week by week. Please give the boxes some attention.

Commented On 07/03/2018

Thank you for the review. The weeds will be addressed this week. Unfortunately, our spray rig has been down the past two weeks and will be back working this week. This will allow us to eliminate the weeds that have popped up with all of the rain we received two weeks ago. Please apologize to your wife because the red tees are worse than the other tee boxes.

Please reach out to me so we can discuss further.

Thanks

Nice Course

My dad and I played while on vacation in Pensacola Beach. We really enjoyed the layout of the course. The fairways were in great shape but the greens had recently been punched and weren’t in the best shape. I wish we had known this before we booked our tee time. I’m sure the greens will be in much better shape in a couple of weeks once they fill back in, but I didn’t feel like I got my money’s worth because of the green conditions.

Early Father’s Day round

Course is in good shape. Played tough due to rain but very nice.

Commented On 07/03/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. Glad you enjoyed your Father's Day round. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Honest Communication is Key

I moved to the Gulf Breeze area two years ago and have played Tiger Point more than any course in the area due to proximity to my house and I the fact that really like the layout and the they usually have the green speeds running on the quick side. Now I will say that since Honours Golf has taken over they have made vast improvements to the conditions of the course. That being said I made the reservation for this round on Thursday evening on the TigerPoint website and there was no mention that they had recently punched the greens. Checked in and paid with the Head Pro Saturday morning and no mention of the green conditions, then talked to the Marshall on the way to the first tee and still nothing. So you can imagine our surprise when we get to the first green and not only notice that the greens had been punched but they looked like they had not been cut or rolled in a few days. On the 10th hole the Marshall came by to check on us and asked how our round was going and I mentioned that it would have been nice to know about the green conditions prior to the round and he stated that he believed that they didn't want to scare away business as the reason they didn't mention it on the website. Now I understand that punching the greens is a part of regular course maintenance and that it has to be done. But my issue is when these conditions are not communicated to the customer. We will definitely be back and play again and once the greens heal I'm sure they will roll as speedy as in the past. But on this day I can only give the course conditions an average rating. Now as far as the average rating for the on course amenities we have tried on numerous occasions to have lunch and a few beers at the Sunset Grille and it always turns into a two hour ordeal of waiting way to long for our food and then if you have to ask for a side or condiment by the time it comes your food is cold. On this day we went to a local establishment but when one of our group went inside to pay his cart bill it still took 15 minutes just to do that.

Airrating the greens

We played with some friends in a 4some great price due to airrating the greens on the front nine. Played the back nine twice took quite a bit longer to play because we had to drive back to the ninth but we had a nice time. Course was in great shape. Overall good day

Commented On 06/15/2018

Thank you for the 4* review. We appreciate your patience with the process that we have to go through twice a year with the maintenance to the greens. Short term issue, but long term health of the greens. The greens are back in great shape now and we would love to see you again soon.

Swing Away!

Commented On 06/12/2018

Thank you for your 5* review. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at Tiger Point and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Swing away,

GM

Always enjoy this course.

Have played this course when on vacation for several years. Always pleased. Course is in great shape, greens were fast and true. Probably my favorite course in the area.

Commented On 06/12/2018

Thank you for the 4* review. Hope you enjoyed your trip down from Chattanooga. Look forward to seeing you again next trip.

Swing away,

GM

Great overall golfing experience!

I have been playing Tiger Point since I retired to the area a couple of years ago. Troon has made significant improvements to the overall condition of the course over the past year. Greens are some of the best around and fairways are in great shape with summer grass coming in nicely. Beautiful course with views of the Santa Rosa Sound on some holes. As described by others, the course is challenging with water on most holes so need to keep it in the fairway. Looking forward to a summer of great golf.

Commented On 05/08/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. We are glad you are seeing the improvement in the course conditions. The course should only improve as we get into summer. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks again.

Much improved course

Tiger Point now has new Troon Management running the course. What an improvement. Greens much better, fairways much improved and now a better playing course. Challenging layout with water coming into play on 14 holes. Great for shot makers. Do recommend playing here if you can

Commented On 05/08/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. We appreciate it. The course looks 10 times better than when we took over a year ago. Everyday we continue to improve the course. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented On 05/08/2018

Thank you for the 5* review. We appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gulf Breeze, Florida