The Eagles Golf Club - Lakes

Practice bunker: No
Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper Dress Required
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, Discover

Located just north of Tampa Bay Downs, Eagles Golf Club features two 18-hole golf courses surrounded by more than 30 lakes, ponds and canals. Eagles Golf Club's Lakes course sports an abundance of water hazards, elevated greens and many fairway bunkers. Large oaks are scattered throughout.

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views locals   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks watching the game patio dining

gmiller888's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/05/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great five-star review! We hope to see you again soon!

"Great layout lots of dog legs"

Pmconstruction's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018

Great place greens were fantastic fairways very nice very challenging but fun I will be coming back here great staff and service. Coolers with bottles of water and ice Try this place you will love it

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great five-star review! It's great to hear that you enjoyed our conditions and amenities. Please come and see us again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/27/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 07/18/2018:

Thank you for leaving us five stars!

"Pretty neat course"

Nickster1125's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/26/2018

I recently moved to the area from Pennsylvania and I am looking to find new courses to play. I was a member of a country club in PA and was hoping to find a decently priced public course that was in decent shape. After moving here I realized that there are a few courses that are complete trash. This course, however, was not one of them. It’s a fun course that, to me, was very difficult to play the first time. A few tight holes and a lot of water in play. You better be able to hit your tee ball well because that’s the most challenging part. Missing the green on the approach didn’t seem to be a big deal as the area around the greens seem huge.

Overall the course was in decent shape. Not sure if it’s the time of year of just Florida golf but every course I have played here so far has really long grass on the tee boxes. Greens were a bit slow for me but again I’m not sure if that’s just Florida golf or the conditions not of the course. I did enjoy the course and will definitely play it again.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 06/29/2018:

Thank you for leaving great feedback and welcome to the area! We're so pleased that your first round with us provided both challenges and rewards. The greens are kept a little longer to help prevent them from being burnt by the hot Florida sun. We hope that won't deter you and we look forward to your next round with us!

"Good"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/23/2018

Greens were punched 2 weeks ago, but they rolled nice. Speed was inconsistent from green to green. Tees and fairways need to be cut they were too tall. Would go back for a good price.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 06/27/2018:

Thank you for the helpful feedback! We'll pass along your suggestions to our maintenance crew.

"Good Summer Conditions"

Francis2975474's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2018

The rainy Summer can bog down the courses but the "Lakes" was dry and very payable. Good greens, grassy fairways and payable bunkers are about all you can ask for.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 06/21/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a very nice four-star, Francis! We're so glad that the rain didn't prevent you from having a great time. Please come and see us again soon.

"Course was in decent shape"

bylskibomber's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

The course conditions overall were decent. The layout is challenging and if you’re not in the fairway then you’ll find the many trees and bodies of water along all the holes. The tee boxes were somewhat uneven on some holes but had good grass. It seems like they haven’t cut the fairways or greens as of late (probably because of the scarce rain going around now) but they were in good shape considering the time of year. Greens were slow and don’t break much. My one complaint is that we saw the cartgirl only once and that was at the turn. It was a very hot day and could’ve gotten some more liquids from her during our round. The golf carts do have coolers and they have them packed already with 4 water bottles in there but it’s not enough for how hot it is now. They need to put water coolers on the course and this would solve the problem unless the cart girl can drive around more frequently.

"Slow play, long grass"

cullenpittman4's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

The course was in OK shape. We were told the greens had been punched almost 2 weeks ago, but there was hardly any signs of that so that was nice. The collar or fringe was very hairy. Really couldnt even put from it even if you were a foot from the green. The tee boxes were long as well and some of the fairways were a bit grown out. The conditions just didn't seem to fit the value of the course.

Pace of play was the real issue here. It was fathers day so I understood the course might be crowded but once we caught up to people on the 3rd hole it got a bit out of hand. Waited and waited on every shot, finally called the pro shop on about 6 to ask if they could send a marshall out which they did. It didn't help much. When we made the turn we figured out the hold up was two groups ahead of us. It appeared to be a family of 5 who clearly weren't regular golfers. We had to call again at about hole 13 to get a marshall out there to speed that 5 some up. Luckily it seemed to work as the pace of play picked up a decent amount after that.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 06/18/2018:

Thank you for the helpful feedback. We understand that slow play can be frustrating, although not unexpected on Father's Day weekend. We hope you'll return again in the future for a better experience.

"Value on “golf now”"

specialist's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018

Good condition, but no roll on the fairways. It played longer than the yardage. Generally, the greens were true and rewarded a good putt. You did have to hit putts solid from short range.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for leaving us a very helpful four-star review! We're so pleased that you enjoyed our conditions despite the fairways. Please come and see us again soon!

"Good day"

popou's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

Course is in good condition considering the 3 weeks of rain.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 06/18/2018:

We're so pleased to hear that! Come and see us again soon.

"Super Lush"

Vootonski's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

I haven't played the Lakes course in about 6 months because the conditions were very spotty. Luckily we played it yesterday and there is a 180 degree turn around in the conditions. The fairways are plush and lush-absolutely the best I have seen in FL since I got here nearly 3 years ago, and I play everywhere. The greens were fast and true. Some of the greens had some rough spots, but overall they were very good.

They have added rangefinders/score keepers to the carts, and each cart has a ball and club washer, and an ice bucket with 4 bottles of water.

To be fair, we played after several days of pouring rain, but the course dried very well and there were no muddy spots. The lush grass had obviously been there well before the heavy rains, so that proves that they have been working hard on this course. Their work has paid off. I highly recommend a visit here if you get a chance.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 06/18/2018:

What a terrific review! We're so glad that you had a great round after a six-month absence. We've certainly put in a lot of work and we're so pleased that it's paid off. Come and see us again soon.

"Beautiful course"

charliegp1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

My first time playing this course and I will definitely be back couldn't find any flaws about this course everything was perfect staff was super friendly course was in mint condition. It's a long course from the white tees which play 6200 but I will be back for sure.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 06/18/2018:

Thank you so much for a great five-star review, Charlie! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first round here and we hope it will be the first of many. Please come and play again soon.

"Old Classic"

Wildbilly's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/18/2018

We played the older layout at the Eagles, the Lakes course, and found it very enjoyable. Overall conditions were good, the greens putted great and the fairways were easy to hit off due to thick and consistence turf. Even from the White tees the course has plenty of length. We found the fairways wide enough to receive most tee shots and the areas around the greens are very well maintained. I'm looking forward to returning to The Eagles to try the Forrest course.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review! We're so pleased that you enjoyed the Lakes course and we're confident you'll love the Forest course, as well!

"Lakes Course"

cappel12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/17/2018

Arrived and greeted by fun old started making us laugh and smile. Pro was great and shared information with us about his course and a few other area ones. Lots of blind shots 15 mph wind made the tips very challenging. Played well with 5 birdies between the two of us. Foursome that teed off in front of us never waived us through, playiing all over the US we found this a little unusual. They did play fast but we took our time and still played in under 4 hrs for the two of us. Greens were the best we played in 5 rounds on this trip. Will be back to play the forest course next trip.

Thanks

JC Illinois

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 05/22/2018:

We're thrilled that you had a great time with us! Thank you for the terrific five-star review and we look forward to seeing you again when you're in town!

"Great course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/16/2018

Good playing conditions and the grounds were well kept.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 05/18/2018:

Thank you for the five stars and very kind words! Please come and see us again soon!

"Course in rough shape"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/29/2018

Greens were In good condition but fairways and first rough cut had many bare spots. I’ve played this course in the past and I played on grass. Not sure what has happened.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 05/11/2018:

Thank you for the very helpful feedback! Our maintenance crews are working hard to get our conditions in tip-top shape. We hope you'll return for another round in the future.

"Great place"

shankerforever's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/28/2018

The Eagles has two course’s

The Forest is, well it say forest tree’s on both sides, so keeping that ball in the fairways is a premium.

You would love it, a few holes dont have that many trees on both sides.

So bust out the driver, but if your 4 iron can push 200 yard or 180, you actually don’t need to bring out the big guns.

I use my 3 five wood and some times my 3 wood in most of the course.

17, and 18, I use the driver just for kicks you really don’t need it.

The lakes is more open, it has lots of lakes, or ponds , on both courses the greens are great!

Driver up! If you want to, but you can play it by using your 3 wood, again up to you, these course is very open.

Have fun! Keep in the short grass!

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

You're giving some great advice here! Thank you for the terrific four-star review and we welcome you back any time!

"The Eagles GC-Lakes"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018

Course was in pretty good shape considering the lack of rain

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next round with us!

PSAUER67's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Fairways were bare in some spots at least the ground was soft for hitting the ball. Greens were fairly slow but rolled true you can be aggressive on putts. Good round all together.

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 04/30/2018:

Thank you for the helpful feedback! We're working hard to improve conditions after a long, dry winter. We hope you'll be back again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Response from The Eagles Golf Club on 04/17/2018:

That's terrific to hear! Thank you for the five stars and we hope to see you again soon!