Stonewall Golf Club
Scorecard for Stonewall Golf Club
Black M: 73.8/145 383 406 554 213 395 558 169 411 437 3526 434 375 178 555 402 420 409 186 517 3476 7002
Blue M: 72.1/141 354 382 525 193 376 541 156 398 407 3332 406 330 170 526 369 399 378 172 500 3250 6582
White M: 70.3/137 339 359 504 182 361 496 142 372 389 3144 393 312 153 490 358 366 344 163 468 3047 6191
Red M: 67.9/131 W: 73.2/133 310 319 474 144 354 472 121 311 363 2868 367 298 136 472 330 334 313 140 423 2813 5681
Gold M: 64.2/122 W: 68.5/124 295 291 432 109 246 459 91 267 348 2538 273 233 126 352 298 251 304 115 399 2351 4889

Year Built 2001
Architect Tom Jackson (2001)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

Challenging course!

Great course with great views. Challenging roughs, great wide fairways. The greens are well kept and pace of play was great. Definitely get back out here after a few more hours at the range.

Commented On 06/20/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We hope to see you again soon!

Outstanding Experience

First Rate Northern Virginia Golf Course ... even better when affordable green fees are available. .

Staff was very pleasant & accommodating, including pro shop, starters, beverage service and the club house!

Commented On 06/10/2019

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Stonewall Golf Club!

Commented On 06/14/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon!

One of the best in our area

Greens were. consistently fast. Rough was thick but playable. If in it, take your 8iron or highest lofted hybrid and slash it out. Fairways were great.

Commented On 05/31/2019

Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Stonewall Golf Club.

Stonewall

Great layout. The course Has recovered from the rain in the past year.
The staff is easy to work with and one of the best in the area.
Course Superintendant is available and asks for questions from the players. Great guy and take his time when questions arise from the golfers.
The grill room has improved in the last year and offers a wide variety of menu items and is prepared correctly.

Commented On 05/29/2019

Rude Restaurant Staff

We’ve been playing at this golf course at least 20 times, and have always had a positive experience on the course and in the restaurant. We’ve always treated the staff with courtesy and respect, and been generous with our tips. And I am a member of their golf program.

Last night, we returned to the restaurant in the clubhouse after a round of golf to get a quick bite to eat and drink. A guest (not a member) who we had never met began taunting me and my friend for no reason. We repeatedly tried to ignore him, but he kept trying to engage us in an argument. Eventually, things got heated and the unruly patron asked us to “step outside.”

The restaurant manager demanded that my friend and I immediately leave the premises while the perpetrator / instigator was permitted to remain in the restaurant. It’s hard to understand why management would not have deferred to us given our long-standing patronage, but in any event, we won’t be playing there ever again.

For the record, there are a lot of other courses which are cheaper with much better service.

Commented On 05/21/2019

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience in our restaurant. We regret the unfortunate and unsettling end to an otherwise enjoyable day of golf. We are sorry that you felt you were unfairly treated, as that is certainly never the intent in any of our guest service delivery settings. As you are a valued guest and have been a regular patron, we hope you’ll consider returning to Stonewall in the future.

Great course, but,.....

Terrible pace of play. No enforcement, saw a marshall on and never again.

Commented On 05/13/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. We hope to better your experience on your next visit!

Course was amazing. Great views and layout. Wish they had a snack bar or something open but other than that, perfect.

Commented On 05/02/2019

Hi. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Stonewall Golf Club! We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

A must play course

From tee box to green the course is in very good condition. I was pleasantly surprise this early in the season. The rough was a bit thicker and taller than I prefer, but playable. The greens were rolling true, but approach shots were not holding very well. Bunkers need some improvement and probably rate only a fair rating.

Commented On 04/30/2019

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to review us! Your feedback is valuable, and we want to continue serving you excellent service soon. Stonewall Golf Club thanks you!

Great Layout

One of the best public layouts I’ve played in the DMV. Overall in great shape; greens were a little slow but likely b/c we were playing in April. Great practice facilities and clubhouse. Will definitely play again.

Commented On 04/22/2019

Hello. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Stonewall thoughts

This is a beautiful course, with scenic lake views. Challenging layout, with many fun shots. As for scoring, the second time played would be easier.

Commented On 04/22/2019

Hello. We appreciate your great feedback regarding the course. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon!

Fun course

Stonewall is one of my favorite courses to play. I love the layout. It’s a big course with a great variety of holes. Staff is very professional and friendly. I like the starter system and having the driving range included for warmup. Nice practice areas as well (chipping, putting and bunker areas).

Stonewall

Beautiful course. No Rinky-dink holes. Many views of Lake Manassas. For such an upscale course,the condition was an issue. The bunkers were not edged and I saw no one working on them. Greens were very difficult due to pok-a-dot Poa patches. All in the foursome had difficulty in judging speed.

I'll try it again in a couple of months.

Commented On 04/19/2019

Commented On 04/18/2019

Commented On 04/18/2019

Hello, Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Worth the trip

Beautiful facillity and great staff. The course was in decent condition considering Spring hasn't quite arrived and the greens were recently aerated. Stunning views and a fun layout. Not knowing the course, I did find a few hidden/ over the hill fairway bunkers following what I thought were great drives. Although my round took 4 hours, my only complaint was speed of play. A couple of times I was one of five groups on a given hole.

Commented On 04/04/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us here at Stonewall Golf Club, and for the five stars! We are glad to see that you had a great experience with us on the day of your round. We are happy that you were pleased with the facilities and layout of the course. However, we will take the feedback you provided regarding the pace of play and use it to make the necessary improvements moving forward. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Good condition for time of year

Played Stonewall on Saturday, 3/30. The course was in very good condition given the time of year. One knock, the greens were aerated and sanded (rolled just "ok") which is a necessary evil in the spring, however I don't like that it's not disclosed by the course, GolfNow, etc. While I enjoy playing here I'd like to know that as it would likely factor into my course selection. That aside, it was an enjoyable mid-70's day in late March. Hard to find anything to gripe about. Staff was very friendly & accommodating and the pace of play was better than expected for an early season Sat in the 70's.

I don't play here often enough as it's about an hour and a half drive, but it's always worth the trip. Saturday was no exception.

Commented On 04/02/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us here at Stonewall Golf Club, and for the four stars. We are glad that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us on the day of your round, and that you were pleased with your interactions with out staff and the pace of play. However, we will take your feedback regarding the greens into account in order to make the necessary changes moving forward. We hope to see you again in the future!

Commented On 03/29/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us here at Stonewall Golf Club, and for the five stars! We are glad to see that you had a great experience during your round with us. We hope to see you join us again for another round soon!

I like big courses that reward good shots while offering plenty of trouble if you are not careful. Stonewall has it all, and was in very good condition as well. They have a nice driving range included in the greens fee and a large practice putting green as well as a separate bunker and pitching practice area. The staff is very welcoming with a professionally run starter system. Only complaint is the lack of on course working bathroom facilities during the winter months. I really enjoy my rounds at Stonewall.

Commented On 03/01/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review here at Stonewall Golf Club, and for the five stars! We are glad to see you had such a great experience with us, from your interactions with our staff to your enjoyment of the course conditions and layout. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

A real treat

One of Virginia's finest. Even though it was wet from the melted snow,and it was raining off and on, the course was very playable. It drains very well. Can't wait until I can play it again.

Gainesville, Virginia
Nokesville, Virginia
Gainesville, Virginia
Bristow, Virginia
South Riding, Virginia
3.7197823529

Valid dates: Jun 21, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
Sign up for a 2 or 3 Day Golf School and receive accommodations in a villa for the duration of your stay.
Keystone Resort Stay, Play and Save
June Special at Shenvalee
Fling and Swing!
Sewailo Golf Club Stay & Play Hotel Package
Latest Articles
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)
Articles
What does the golf course of the future look like?