A view from a tee at Stonewall Golf Club from Lake Manassas.

Stonewall Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Tom Jackson (2001)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

Restaurant

Stonewall

Beautiful course and in great shape. They allowed a group of 6 to play ahead of us and we waited at every tee box.

A gem.

A pleasure to play. Great track. White tees provided a challenge but a real chance for good scores. Many greens are guarded by front bunkers so you need to be hitting 8 iron or less.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Thank you for your review, vatechphil. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

No 1 area course

A buddy and I teed off yesterday at 12:30. It was likely the worst that either of us had played in years but at the end of the round - and several times during - we remarked to each other how stunning the course is. No question it is a challenging track but the layout and the views are spectacular. It was my friends first time playing the course. We are both in our mid sixties and my buddy has been playing for 40+ years and has played some of the highest profile course in the US. As we walked off the 18th green he commented that this was his new number one course. - he said it was the nicest course he ever played. I think one reason we played so poorly is we were distracted by the views. My friend took upwards of 100 photos and a handful of videos. It is a stunning course.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Dougherty1953, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you and your buddy again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi u3563132. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Best public course in the area

We found this course during Covid. What a gem. Challenging layout that is walkable. We have been playing 2-3 times a week course is in great condition. Staff is friendly.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Hi wndsrf1000. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Evolved into a great experience

First played here quite a few years back and didn’t really remember anything great about this course. It was just OK all around back then. Saw some really good reviews as of late so I thought I’d give it another try. And this time around I was pleasantly surprised. What an awesome day. Nice course setup. Greens could’ve been a bit faster but they rolled nice all day. Conditions were really nice from tees to greens. Amid all this panic going on (virus), these guys from the pro shop to the starter/cart attendants were super nice. This place will be the first course on my list when I’m in DC area from here on! Great job here in the last 10 years or so.

Commented on 06/04/2020

Your feedback is important to us, pingdave14. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Too Many Bunkers and Tight Fairways

In an age where many clubs, especially public ones, are making their courses more playable by removing bunkers and widening fairways, Stonewall is less than enjoyable to play. Far too many fairway bunkers and narrow fairways. I'm a 10 Handicap and typically play harder courses, but there's too much trouble all over this course to make it enjoyable.

Course is in nice shape, and the staff is fine, but the two times I've played here, I've had to stop after 9 holes because play was so backed up, even at 7pm on a Sunday. Likely will never play this course again.

great track - always worth the trip

I got a HOLE IN ONE !! #17 , white tees, 163 to the middle - a little bit elevated, pin back - i hit my 4 175 so, I pulled it out. hit it stiff - bounced, hit the pin and - BOOM - in the cup! a great experience.

great golf course. Greens are firm and fast, but also hard. Balls do not check up, sandshots do not spin or check up. that is my only criticism. LOVE THIS COURSE!!!!

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hi michaelganovski. Congrats on your hole-in-one!! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

One of my favorites

The best public course in the local area in my opinion. Some beautiful holes, particularly on the back 9 overlooking lake Manassas. Wind was howling by on the back 9 which made the round pretty challenging. This course is always in fantastic shape. Would definitely recommend

Commented on 05/12/2020

Your feedback is important to us, Laxmastaxyz. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi David3773697. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Greens are getting quicker

Played on a nice sunny day. A little wind and walked with 3 riders. The greens are almost back. There is some good speed, bounce, and bad shots do not hold.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Thank you for your review, u655320509. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Pretty course

Enjoyed playing the course. Didn't find it too hard. Lots of sand, though. Not too much water. I went on a day that saw a ton of golfers. Moving ok until the 13th hole and then we completely stopped. Not sure why. Waited a bit and then the rains came so went home at the 15th. Unfortunately most courses in Virginia are very crowded during this pandemic. This course managed the crowds much better than most with the spacing.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Your feedback is important to us, SoniaV. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Best fee based course we've played within an hour of DC

We enjoyed this course so much my group joined their frequent player club. Great views, nice staff and very well maintained for early season. Did not rate the amenities as the virus has shut those activities .

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for your review, wndsrf1000. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 04/30/2020

Hi u448028352. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Commented on 04/29/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us! Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Terrible Course Etiquette

We Played 18 Holes In 3:10 Minutes The Group Behind is Hit Into Us For 15 Straight Holes. No Rangers To Be Found. It Really Messed Up a Great Fay To Get Out And Golf. The Course Staff Seemed To Know Nothing About Golf etiquette. It’s a Nice Course But the workers and other players Made it a terrible experience.

Commented on 04/29/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We hope to see you again in the future.

We played a very enjoyable round of golf with another couple on April 22nd. The course has some very pretty views of Lake Manassas. The greens were a little slow on the day we played. Overall, we had a great time.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hi f1mRpVvn4MBvqUJWQinY. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

spectacular day - covid trip!

what a great day, SOOOO needed. Covid has us cooped up, it was a cold AM - 40 degrees, breezy, but by noon, it was close to 55, sun was shining. We played 36. Loved the track at first sight. Played the whites, 6200, I am a 12 handicap. plenty of challenge, but fair. Course was a little choppy, but just not prime season yet, been cold and raining off and on for weeks. 18 is a spectacular finishing hole. 10 was very memorable. So many good holes. Price was $79 and $40 for the replay. Would not want to pay any more than that - it was a fair price. Would go back in a heartbeat, but I think weekend rates are very pricey?

Commented on 04/29/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us michaelganovski. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas thanks you!

Beautiful layout!

Drove 1 1/2 hrs to play. Gorgeous. Worth the drive. Walkable

Commented on 04/27/2020

u314159884481, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Gainesville, Virginia