A view from a tee at Stonewall Golf Club from Lake Manassas.

Stonewall Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Tom Jackson (2001)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

Restaurant

Commented on 10/27/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ingul4469! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Great Round

Stonewall is a beautiful course of private club caliber. They don’t crowd the tee times, so pace of play and group spacing is very enjoyable.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Thank you for your review, u314160940309. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience here at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Very challenging

Course was in excellent condition. Very challenging course. Beautiful fall colors. Good pace of play.. Friendly staff. Only time I played a course that had a fog delay.

Commented on 10/22/2020

Hi didibucci. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Always enjoyed here

Supposed to be raining but no,
So very few people today.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Beautiful Course Marred by Slow Play.

The title says it all. It's a beautiful and challenging course. We had a mid-afternoon Saturday tee time. When we went to the first tee box at our assigned time, the prior group was just starting to tee off. It's frustrating to the pace of one's game when one has to wait 5 to 15 minutes to tee off at each hole. No course marshal was ever seen.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi u314160863912. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Premium pricing not matched by conditions

Played early October and while the greens and most fairways were in pretty good condition almost every trap was more dirt than sand and rough was in very poor shape with patchy areas and weeds taking over. Not worth $100 for a late Friday morning round.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi, u061708851! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Stonewall is one of the best courses in N. VA to play. It's a challenging course with great terrain. And the views of Lake Manasas are something.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi u000001429928. We are glad you had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you so much for taking the time leave a positive review. Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Excellent condition and layout. Great job by the staff!

Staff were welcoming and friendly. Tees, greens and fairways are well maintained. Each hole provides a bit of a challenge. Enjoyed the round and the food at the Brass Cannon. Bravo to the staff!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi kboss328. We are glad you had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you so much for taking the time leave a positive review. Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Wonderful challenging layout

Interesting challenging layout with lake views, trees and lots of traps steep sides and rough. . Requires good positionIng on doglegs. Course was in good condition although some tees were a little thin.

Commented on 10/07/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u4045179. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas thanks you!

Commented on 10/19/2020

Hi Jim3483173. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi ingul4469. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi u314159524983. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Beautiful Course but the fairway"s were riddled with divots

Commented on 10/05/2020

Hi u314160852811. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/02/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u8051040. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Everything was good except a starter

A starter wasn’t professional , actually had a attitude. Other than that everything was good

Commented on 10/07/2020

Hi u529131795. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Commented on 09/29/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000005885069! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas!

Challenging course but fair.

Enjoyed my round at Stonewall. Cloudy day after heavy rain the night before. Carts were at 90 degrees. There were some definite soggy areas in a few fairways but I didn't' feel it impact play too much. This is a course you definitely need some info on where to hit your tee shot. When I had played before I had gotten some well-hit balls into trouble because I didn't understand where to aim This round I was more understanding of where to place the tee shot. I still got caught on the par 5 #18 where I hit a great tee shot and then lasered a tree to determine my layup before the lake hazard guarding the green. Struck a perfect layup shot (I hit it and didn't even watch for it to land). Got up to hit my approach and was told I went in the hazard on the fly. Sigh. Course knowledge is key. The tree I used was an inappropriate marker to use. The greens were very fast for a wet course (and I am used to speedy greens) but there is lots of slope on most of the greens and you have to guard your distance control carefully on long putts. The sand traps are coarse brown sand and were very wet so I really didn't relish being in them. I did plug under a lip on the 2nd hole and that led to a double bogey. Overall 4 stars. Challenging yet fair. Good course conditions except for the sand. Average round speed of play. Very friendly staff. Good experience.

Commented on 09/28/2020

Hi Golfhandds. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas.

Disappointing

I have played this very well designed course over the years. The amount of play this course gets really stresses out the greens. People don’t fix ball marks here, it seems they don’t care. Additionally, the course maintenance staff must be overwhelmed or the management has cut back, The issue has always been the pock marked greens and now the poor shape of the bunkers. I’m certain the day I played, the bunkers weren’t serviced that morning. One more thing, don’t ever forget anything of value behind in the carts. You’ll never get it back. The cart staff must not adhere to a lost and found rule and the pro shop didn’t seem to care.

Commented on 09/28/2020

Hello. We are sad to see the experience you had at our course. This is not the standard we strive to achieve. We also would like to chat about your lost item you left behind. Please reach out to us in the pro-shop so we can try to get this rectified for you. (703) 753-5101

Stonewall...Worth the Drive

I had not played Stonewall Golf Club in over ten years. I was greatly surprised by the number of houses around the course...none of which affect play. The course is a challenge. It requires accuracy and a knowledge of where to hit your ball. The greens were firm and fast. They have subtle breaks that did not always reflect the inclination of the surrounding area. They did not always break toward the water. I look forward to playing there again. It's worth the drive.

Commented on 09/24/2020

Thank you for your review, Igolfr1. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hi, u314160760631. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Stonewall Golf Club at Lake Manassas. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another great experience!

Gainesville, Virginia
Bristow, Virginia
South Riding, Virginia
Centreville, Virginia

Valid dates: Jan 10, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020
Enjoy this Holiday Inn World Golf Village Package Special with golf included at Golf Club South Hampton, Slammer & Squire and St. Johns Golf Club.