The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club

Walking Allowed Yes, during non-peak times
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim. Collared Shirts Required

Banquet Facilities

Independence Day Round

The course was in great shape and pace of play was the.Best I have ever experienced at this course. First time I have ever heard the starter emphasize pace of play in the many rounds I have played here. First time playing a round here (as part of a foursome) in just about 3+ hours. Saw the beer cart twice but never saw a ranger. Only negative on the day was the starter picked up my remaining practice balls when I went back to the cart to get a couple of more clubs. Will keep coming back as long as pace of play stays fluid...

A difficult beauty

This course is nestled in a gorgeous neighborhood with deer roaming around. I am a consistent 90s golfer and this was a difficult course for me. Rated 75. I will go back though. Greens are firm, sloped, and slow making them difficult to read. No problems with pace for us. Rough had rocks and inconsistent species of grass. Tight fairways with few true driver holes from the white tees. Based on the pace comments I would tie this with course difficulty. We played mostly from the fairway and the front took over 2 hours. Carts were gas powered and weak. I would have expected electric but this was a great trade off considering where the course has invested in it's golfing experience. Not a good course to walk. Very long and there is no walker path. Service was great and amenities would be nice if there was no covid. I will go back and recommend this course.

Value, Beautiful, Difficult, Gas carts

I don't play off a handicap but shoot in the 90s with great consistency. This course was flat out punishing. Rated 75. Will do better next time but on a bad day these fairways are very tight. Very few driver holes. Slow greens that look fast are really confusing. Aside from that, staff was friendly, homes that line the course are nice, and practice facility and course condition was near perfect in the fairway. The rough is not well kept. It has rocks and inconsistent grass species. Course is not walkable in 4 hrs as holes are very spread out. Loud gas carts with low power was a let down but its a good trade off considering where they have invested and it's beauty takes your mind off a high score if only for a few moments.

Golf Now?

Booked w/Golf Now, but treated like a 2nd class? Here is the story:
Arrived 45 min early, didn’t want to hit range balls, So I told the pro that I’d go out whenever convenient for them. He says, oh no, you are Golf Now, you need to wait for your group time. Ok, no problem. Putting around I note only one group go out during the 45 min. Then my time arrives. They gather up all the Golf Now guys and send us out together, then they immediately send 4 singles out after us. Duh! We played our round in 3.5 hr. Despite letting four singles play through. They could manage it so much better.

Commented on 07/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review, I will talk with our staff and make sure we are treating all players well and the rules are the same for everyone!

Course was wet so cart path only which contributed to slow play. Saw the beer cart several times but never saw a ranger (ranger could have helped with pace of play) Over all really like this course, the layout and the overall facilities are top shelf. Will play again but probably wait for dry conditions. .

Commented on 07/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! We have had a few days where we have been understaffed with some of our key personnel on leave for Covid-19. I will get with our staff and make sure we have someone driving the course to make sure pace of play is under 4 hours.

Would recommend but pace of play was frustrating.

To start, I loved the course. Staff was very friendly and professional and I would absolutely play here again. The greens were a bit slow but I believe they were recently aerated so that is totally forgivable/understandable. Course layout was very nice and requires some precision off the tee.

That said, pace of play left a lot to be desired on the back nine. My partner and I actually quit after 13 because we got tired of waiting for every single shot. Sometimes for 10-15 minutes at a time. Took 2 hours to play the first 4 holes on the back. While driving back, we found the culprit of a threesome that wasn’t allowing the groups behind them to play through so there were 5 or 6 groups that were left hanging after every single shot. I saw the ranger on the front nine but not the back. It would have been nice to have someone either warn them for their pace of play or force them to allow groups to play through.

While frustrating, I would play here again and I’m just assuming this was an anomaly. I know it happens sometimes so I don’t believe this place is worth a negative review and would still recommend this course to friends.

Beautiful Layout, slow rate of play

First, I would absolutely come back. I was, however, a bit frustrated with the back nine rate of play. Me and my partner actually quit after 14 because it was so slow. On our way back, we saw the cause. There was one group playing exceptionally slow and it log jammed about 5 separate groups. I would have liked to have seen a ranger push them to either play faster or start letting groups pass. That said, I am going to assume the best and believe this was an anomaly. The staff we encountered were welcoming, so kudos to them.

Furthermore, the course was in great shape. The greens were a bit slow but I know they had maintenance recently so no judgment there. I would absolutely recommend this course to others and would come back to give it another go!

Worth to play

preserve jordan lake has dynamic layout and delicate green but too soft due to rainy day. Overall it deserve to have enough clap maintaining good condition.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! We hope to see you again in the summer when the golf course is playing firm and fast!

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review! We also have a great sister course up the road 15 minutes Chapel Ridge GC!

Keep coming back

This layout tests every club in your bag. Second shots are more important here than at most tracks. The last par 5 is a monster... on in 3 is excellent. Varied greens... fine tee boxes... can I break 90 next time??

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! Look forward to having you back!

Fun track

Challenging, fun layout in a beautiful setting. Greens are in great shape. Fairways and tee boxes are coming out of dormancy and are looking good. This is the best shape I’ve seen the course in, but I’ve only played it a couple of times in the last two years.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review! Temperatures this year have been crazy. Hope to have you back this summer or fall, its only going to get better from here on!

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! We have had a few days where pace has been on the slow side but we are aware and working hard to improve!

Strange Experience

Booked a round through “Golf Now”. When I arrived, the pro shop attendant told me they “weren’t allowing carts” on the course because “it was wet”. I asked for a pull cart and he said they didn’t have any.

I’ve played golf for years and have never heard of a course not allowing golf carts because it had rained. Why not cart path only?? I just carried my bag for 9 holes, seeing that I drove an hour to play the course.

Commented on 06/03/2020

We apologize for your negative experience! While we do want everyone to have a great experience there are times when we have to protect the course from damage. Please contact our Director of Golf Dan Swomley and your next round is on us!

Value for cost

This course is beautiful. The value is second to none. Please keep the rates the same and I will continue to drive 35+ minutes here. Very tough greens to read, but overall great course for the value. Would be a member if I lived closer.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! We would enjoy seeing you more often, if you change your mind please contact our Director of Golf Dan Swomley for membership information.

I'll keep trying to break 100

Played the blue tees with a 3-handicapper who hits a 3 wood 270 yards, so tough to keep up. The course continues to be a true test, with second shots to the greens being the hardest. Par 5 holes are magnificent.

Thank you for the 5 star review!

Great conditions, but what's up with the range?

The golf course was in very nice shape and is nice and green. The greens were very nice and pretty fast, but really hard to read. There were several putts that went the opposite way from what several of us saw. The staff is friendly, and the practice area is beautiful. The only problem I had was the driving range. They have an upper and lower hitting area, and the tees were on the lower area the day I played, which means they won't let you use anything but irons because the yardage is limited. I'd almost rather you tell me "mats only" rather than no woods since the driver is the club you hit the most, and the last thing you want (if you are someone who likes to warm up) is to get the first tee without having hit a driver at all. The upper area is big enough that you should be able to use it almost exclusively so you don't have to limit the clubs. Hope they change that practice. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the day.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review! We will talk to the staff and see if we can designate a quarter of the back tee for woods when the range tee is on the forward box.

Greens

I really like the track but the greens need some help. I didn’t expect the weed looking things popping up and please put some sand in the bunkers. Otherwise it was a great time.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! We will pass your feedback on to the maintenance crew and work hard to improve for your next visit!

Save your $$$

Ouch this was a mistake at least for our foursome. Greens didn’t look like they were maintained very well !?
This was an outing for a friend which all in all made the golfing worth it

Not worth the rack rate price!

Sanford Municipal and Siler City CC would be considered a better playing course

Commented on 06/03/2020

We hate to hear you had a negative experience! Our Director of Golf Dan Swomley would enjoy the chance to hear more details about your experience.

Durham, North Carolina