The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club

Driving range: Yes, Hitting Balls From Grass
Practice hole: Yes

Walking allowed: Yes, during non-peak times
Dress code: Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim. Collared Shirts Required
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Love 72 7107 yards 74.7 144
Burgandy (W) 72 5361 yards 72.5 129

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

"Nice greens"

Tattride's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

They have an awesome staff and amazing greens. They were entirely overbooked and 9 holes required 3 hours so I only played 9. Great layout and greens but can’t afford to spend 6 hours doing anything. Backed up solid by hole 2 so maybe 5-7 minutes in between times versus the standard ten minutes. Everyone was super kind - the tee sheet was just over stacked.

"Dormant bermuda"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

A difficult course just beginning to green up after winter making fairways fast and sparse. Greens and golfing experience first rate.

"Great even in winter"

jagiya261's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

Even though Spring is trying to break through and the course mostly still brown, the greens were smooth and fast. Excellent course and layout. Can’t wait to play it all greened up for summer.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! We appreciate your understanding as we are still coming out of winter weather but can't wait for a great golf season ahead. Tee it up at The Preserve again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

Good layout, early season conditions, greens firm, nice practice area, enjoyable round meeting 3 new guys

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and kind review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us at The Preserve, and we can't wait to have you back again soon.

"Good shape for the Spring"

sutika9911's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

The course was in relatively good condition considering the temperatures have been below normal all Spring and it has been considerably wetter.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We appreciate your understanding regarding the course conditions at this time of year, and can't wait to have you back out for another round soon. Thank you for choosing The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club!

"A good test!"

ltsgobuflo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2018

The starter warned me before I headed out. "It's a good test," he said. And, he wasn't kidding. I played Anderson Creek, another Davis Love III's creations and this played very similar - with some more hazards (many blind). I had fun, nonetheless, and look forward to another opportunity to challenge it again.

Something to note: I played with a couple guys that had played in wetter conditions a couple weeks earlier and they mentioned the course played quite different than our near perfectly dry conditions.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars. On behalf of us at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club, we're glad you enjoyed your first experience with us. We look forward to having you back for another round soon!

"Wait for summer"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

First time playing this course. I thought it was pretty challenging. greens were in pretty good shape, but there was nothing to hit off in any of the fairways. I don't think this is the courses fault, its just the time of year that it is. also, pace of play was pretty slow. we waited on every single hole which made the day pretty slow. We may try it again in the summer when everything greens up, but im not in any rush to get back.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback, and are sorry to hear your first experience with us did not meet your expectations regarding the pace of play and conditions. Your comments will be passed along to our staff for any improvements, but we hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us. We look forward to having you back in the summer for an even better round!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon.

Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the 3-stars! We hope you had a great round with us at The Preserve and would value any additional feedback on your experience. Come again soon!

"Great Prep Course for Pinehurst Trip"

22ozziedog's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our round at the Preserve. Initial course played before proceeding to Southern Pines area. As northerners, we had no problem with the low-60 degree temps. Course, for the most-part, was pretty empty. It rained previous night so some spots a little wet. Greens were rolling fast and true. Loved the contour and elevation changes throughout the entire 18 holes. Pro shop attendant was courteous & efficient. Course is worth the drive, although it was on our way to Pinehurst. Definitely on the list to play on our next trip!

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/02/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at The Preserve, we are truly glad to hear you enjoyed your first round with us and appreciate your feedback. Be sure to like us on Facebook to stay updated with the course and we hope to see you again soon! https://www.facebook.com/jordanlakegolf/

"good for off season"

dmoalong's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

considering off season and Bermuda not yet growing the course played well, a bit wet and tight lies made play challenging Greens putted well and are full Bunkers variable

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, as well as the 4-stars. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us at The Preserve. Stop by our Grille next time for a great meal after your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Should not have let us on the course"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/07/2018

The course was so muddy they never should have let us out on it to play. To big of a course with so much elevation change to play cart path only.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 03/11/2018:

On behalf of our staff at The Preserve, we're sorry to hear that your recent round with us may not have met your expectations due to course conditions. We truly appreciate your feedback so we may pass it along to our staff for any future improvements, but hope you were still able to enjoy some of your day with us. We hope to welcome you back for a better round soon.

Gaztambide's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 02/28/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and 4-stars. We hope you had a great round! Play again at The Preserve soon.

Chris4994327's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

Course was a bit muddy in places but typical following several weather fronts having just pushed through. Staff was excellent and generous and accommodated my need to tee off early. Greens were still fairly firm and in relatively good shape for mid-winter. For the hot-deal price, it’s a great deal for a challenging course.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

On behalf of our staff, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback and 4-stars, Chris. We truly value your comments regarding the course conditions and value for your round as we are committed to providing you with a valuable golf experience at The Preserve. We look forward to welcoming you back for another round soon!

"Good Course."

Cjackson0731's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/23/2017

I have played Preserve several times with deals from GolfNow. The staff has always been polite and helpful. Occasionally the pace of play gets slow. This has more to do with stubborn groups not allowing faster players/groups through. I think a ranger would probably help keep people a little more honest. You can’t blame a course for people being rude though.

Course conditions are good, there seem to be a few spots that hold water/moisture more than others. Even when there has been no rain for a few days you may get the occasional mud ball. The layout is good, you get to hit a lot of different shots. Pretty hilly so I would not recommend walking the course. The back tees are long especially with the elevation changes. I usually play back tees most courses but blues are plenty here for a fun round.

Overall fun place to play. I will be back many more times I am sure.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 01/04/2018:

Thank you for playing out here at The Preserve several times! We're thrilled to hear that you always have a great time besides the occasional slower than normal pace of play. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials. Thanks again for your review!

"Its one of the nicer courses around here, at half the cost"

bohonk96's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/05/2017

Its a nice layout, greens were great this time around. Every thing is very dry and browned out but thats everywhere. Staff was great, not pushy at all.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 12/12/2017:

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you consider our golf course to be a great value. Hopefully you'll find some time to get a few more rounds in this year.

"Better Be On Your Game"

hauserj85's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Like most golf courses in the fall, wayward tee shots are difficult to find because of leaves. This course is difficult enough if you're not finding the fairway, but the leaves add another level. The Preserve is a challenging layout that requires you to be on for all aspects of your game. The greens were deliciously slick, running around an 11. Anything above the hole was nearly impossible to get in the cup. Your short game and your ability to get creative will be seriously tested. If you can't put spin on wedge shots from less than 40 yards, do yourself a favor and play very cautiously. The Preserve is a great course for the money. Can't wait to come back in the spring when the leaves are gone.

On a separate note, don't offer a particular tee time and then suddenly move it by 20 minutes, especially when there's limited daylight and a packed course. If I need to book Hot Deals 72 hours in advance, there's absolutely no reason I should be forced to move my time tee less than 24 hours out.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 12/12/2017:

Thank you for playing The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club! We apologize that your tee time was moved by 20 minutes but we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our challenging but fun golf course. See you again next season!

"Great but Difficult"

lanegoodwin's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

I’ve played here a few times before and have really enjoyed it. Played on a Tuesday and the course was quite empty. Course played long and the greens have dulled to their winter gray...but, they are quite slick especially above the pin. This course is not for beginners as there are at least a dozen forced carries over gunch and water run off areas. Greens are medium in size and undulating. Must have a strong iron game to play here

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 12/05/2017:

Thank you for playing The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club, Lane! We appreciate your kind words. Our staff has done a great job of keeping our greens in top shape for this time of year. Come back and see us again soon!

"Like. A Challenge?"

Leninskyws's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

Course was in excellent condition. Wonderful layout. Each and every hole was a challenge. Very warm greeting on arrival at Pro Shop. I think that this would be my first choice each time I'm in the area.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 11/30/2017:

We are very excited to hear how much you enjoyed your experience at the Preserve. We look forward to you booking another tee time with us next time you're in the area.

"The Preserve is great"

billhill02's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

My son and I had a great time. We were paired with a couple who were very gracious and understanding. The staff was outgoing and friendly and helped us in every respect.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 11/30/2017:

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Bill. We're glad to hear that you and your son had a great time. Be sure to book another round with us soon.