The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club

Driving range: Yes, Hitting Balls From Grass
Practice hole: Yes

Walking allowed: Yes, during non-peak times
Dress code: Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim. Collared Shirts Required
Credit cards accepted: Visa, MC, AMEX

Love 72 7107 yards 74.7 144
Burgandy (W) 72 5361 yards 72.5 129

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city in the 'burbs   Great for advanced golfers locals wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks patio dining watching the game

zachuey's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2018

Underparthrough18's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

This the second time playing here. The person checking me in did not make me feel comfortable. The first time I played here and I had the same feeling this second time. In this second visit, I made two separate t-time because I mistakenly only book my first time for only one golfer. So, instead of modifying the first time, I book a second time. I explained this to the person checking me in. The look he gave me said enough, but what said gave me the feeling I had the first time when asked if there is military discount. I was not sure why this time there was any push back, I had both confirmation numbers. My guest and I were there on time. Eventually, he said I trust you. I'm not sure why trust was an issue. Not a good feeling starting on the first hole.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 06/21/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we are truly sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently. On behalf of our staff, we take a lot of pride in carrying our customer service above and beyond just your golf experience. We invite you to reach out to Director of Golf, Raymond Reyes, at rreyes@thepreservegolfclub.com, so we can address any concerns with you and ensure you feel welcome to return to our course in the future. We look forward to hearing from you and hope we have the chance to see you again soon.

"Excellent Course and in great shape"

TPCRay's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

I went with my son on Father's day and we played from the Blue/White Hybrid tees. The course was in excellent shape overall - bunkers were racked but lacked enough sand for a soft shot out of the bunker. Saw the red clay poking out in a few spots. The greens were slow and very grainy, but they were in excellent condition except for that.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 06/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as joining us for Father's Day! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round, and we appreciate your comments so we may share them with the appropriate staff for any improvements. We hope to have you and your son back at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon!

"Love this course but..."

Chuckd911sc's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Fairways were punched, with no mention when booking tee time. Some of the greens were also punched around the edges. Love the layout of the course, but was not impressed with the conditions. We had a 10:30am tee time and were on pace for over a 5 hour round until we skipped ahead.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review! We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you had a great round. Come back to The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon!

"Excellent Condition"

ngotarheels's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/15/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This course is in excellent condition and is a very challenging golf course. Bring your "A Game" when you play The Preserve.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 06/19/2018:

We appreciate the kind feedback and 5-stars! On behalf of our staff at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us. Book another one soon!

"5hr 25 min round- SLOW SLOW SLOW"

slapshotgolfer's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

I teed off at 9:20 hoping to avoid the Sunday rush but wow was I wrong. It took us 3 hr to play the front 9. The group in front was so slow we called the pro shop and the ranger finally came over and said they were 3 holes behind the group infront of them. I requested he tell them to pick up their balls and skip a hole and he refused to do that. We had 3 groups waiting on the final par 3. Course management clearly didn’t want to offend 1 group to benefit the entire day of tee times. They have now lost several consistent customers to let a group of people hitting 4 tee balls in the woods and 8 practice swings finish their round. My group and I can’t afford to spend 5+ hrs waiting on tee boxes. It’s ok for the ranger to be hard on slow guests. Keeps consistent customers coming back.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

On behalf of our staff at The Preserve at Jordan Lake, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, however, we are truly sorry to hear your recent customer experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are committed to providing our golfers with a valuable golf experience and apologize if yours did not meet our usual standards. We invite you to contact us so we may better address these concerns with you. Please reach out to Raymond Reyes at rreyes@thepreservegolfclub.com, and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for an improved round soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 05/30/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and taking the time to leave us a review! We hope you enjoyed your day with us recently at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club. We look forward to having you back for another round soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/15/2018

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 05/17/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and taking the time to leave us a review. On behalf of our staff, we are glad to see that you enjoyed your recent round with us at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club and hope we can see you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 05/16/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We hope you had a great round with us at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club recently. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

"Thinking mans course"

nigeldee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2018

Last played here three years ago and enjoyed it then. Enjoyed it again this time although it’s still recovering from winter damage on the fairways. Looks like someone went mad with a golf cart when the grass was frozen which can damage the grass. However, the greens were in good condition with subtle borrows. Each hole requires some thought which is better than some “straight up and down” courses. On several holes there are small streams/wetland with thickish vegetation across the fairway which challenge you to “go for it” or lay up.

Played early afternoon and only saw six other golfers on the course. All in all an enjoyable course to play with helpful and friendly staff.

Will play again when next over from U.K.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 05/10/2018:

Hi Nigel, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and 4-stars. We truly appreciate you visiting our course again and are glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round. Your feedback will be shared with our staff and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip! Thank you for choosing The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club.

"Up and down hilly course"

nagshead46's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/04/2018

Great day weather wise. Course was somewhat dried out. A lot of bare spots in the fairway. Fairways were fairly hard with lots of roll.

Greens were like table tops especially on the front nine. The back nine greens played a little slower.

Still like the course. The layout is fun and interesting,

Since we haven't had much rain lately in the area, Im sure that has contributed to the dry conditions.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, as well as the 3-stars. We appreciate your understanding regarding some of the course conditions as the region is still in recovery from winter kill. Higher areas on the course have taken some injury, but we are fertilizing with the rising temperatures and the grass will be growing at a much faster pace going forward. We're on pace for a great golf season ahead and hope we can welcome you back for another round soon! <br/>

"Nice greens"

Tattride's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

They have an awesome staff and amazing greens. They were entirely overbooked and 9 holes required 3 hours so I only played 9. Great layout and greens but can’t afford to spend 6 hours doing anything. Backed up solid by hole 2 so maybe 5-7 minutes in between times versus the standard ten minutes. Everyone was super kind - the tee sheet was just over stacked.

"Dormant bermuda"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

A difficult course just beginning to green up after winter making fairways fast and sparse. Greens and golfing experience first rate.

"Great even in winter"

jagiya261's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018

Even though Spring is trying to break through and the course mostly still brown, the greens were smooth and fast. Excellent course and layout. Can’t wait to play it all greened up for summer.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/16/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! We appreciate your understanding as we are still coming out of winter weather but can't wait for a great golf season ahead. Tee it up at The Preserve again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

Good layout, early season conditions, greens firm, nice practice area, enjoyable round meeting 3 new guys

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars and kind review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us at The Preserve, and we can't wait to have you back again soon.

"Good shape for the Spring"

sutika9911's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

The course was in relatively good condition considering the temperatures have been below normal all Spring and it has been considerably wetter.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/09/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We appreciate your understanding regarding the course conditions at this time of year, and can't wait to have you back out for another round soon. Thank you for choosing The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club!

"A good test!"

ltsgobuflo's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/01/2018

The starter warned me before I headed out. "It's a good test," he said. And, he wasn't kidding. I played Anderson Creek, another Davis Love III's creations and this played very similar - with some more hazards (many blind). I had fun, nonetheless, and look forward to another opportunity to challenge it again.

Something to note: I played with a couple guys that had played in wetter conditions a couple weeks earlier and they mentioned the course played quite different than our near perfectly dry conditions.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars. On behalf of us at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club, we're glad you enjoyed your first experience with us. We look forward to having you back for another round soon!

"Wait for summer"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

First time playing this course. I thought it was pretty challenging. greens were in pretty good shape, but there was nothing to hit off in any of the fairways. I don't think this is the courses fault, its just the time of year that it is. also, pace of play was pretty slow. we waited on every single hole which made the day pretty slow. We may try it again in the summer when everything greens up, but im not in any rush to get back.

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback, and are sorry to hear your first experience with us did not meet your expectations regarding the pace of play and conditions. Your comments will be passed along to our staff for any improvements, but we hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us. We look forward to having you back in the summer for an even better round!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/31/2018

Response from The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon.