The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club

Walking Allowed Yes, during non-peak times
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim. Collared Shirts Required

Banquet Facilities

Great Layout

Need to get the sand back in the greens that you can actually hit out of and some carts that were made in this century. Otherwise, great course. Very long and the greens were a handful.

Commented on 08/04/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are glad that you enjoyed your experience!

Nice Course,, Great staff,

This was a very nice course that is tucked away at Lake Jordan. I grabbed an early tee-time and was paired with 3 men.. I was the only one of the 4-some who played all 18 holes. This is a challenging course because of deep soft roughs ( it’s easy to plug your ball), strategically placed forced carries over streams and gorges. The course winds between houses - but it was easy to keep the ball in play . I lost 1 ball on a 90 yard forced carry over a gorge— my partner lost 13! . I played the round in 3hours 45 minutes. I never saw anyone in front of or in back of me. I suggest you bring your own snacks because the dining options are not great and there is no place nearby to eat.
The staff was very friendly and the starter made my golf day very enjoyable

Commented on 08/04/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! Your assessment of the course is very good, while tough it is a very good layout! We do apologize for the limitations of our food and beverage selection, we have been short staffed and have since improved our operations.

Commented on 08/04/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! How can we help to make your next visit a 5 star experience?

Commented on 08/04/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review! We look forward to seeing you for your next round!

Commented on 07/13/2020

We are glad you had a great experience and thank you for the 5 Star review!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review!

Independence Day Round

The course was in great shape and pace of play was the.Best I have ever experienced at this course. First time I have ever heard the starter emphasize pace of play in the many rounds I have played here. First time playing a round here (as part of a foursome) in just about 3+ hours. Saw the beer cart twice but never saw a ranger. Only negative on the day was the starter picked up my remaining practice balls when I went back to the cart to get a couple of more clubs. Will keep coming back as long as pace of play stays fluid...

Commented on 07/13/2020

Glad to hear you had a good 4th! We have been working hard to accommodate all players and get them around the challenges of our course in a 4-4.5 hour pace. We will continue working on this and we look forward to your next visit!

A difficult beauty

This course is nestled in a gorgeous neighborhood with deer roaming around. I am a consistent 90s golfer and this was a difficult course for me. Rated 75. I will go back though. Greens are firm, sloped, and slow making them difficult to read. No problems with pace for us. Rough had rocks and inconsistent species of grass. Tight fairways with few true driver holes from the white tees. Based on the pace comments I would tie this with course difficulty. We played mostly from the fairway and the front took over 2 hours. Carts were gas powered and weak. I would have expected electric but this was a great trade off considering where the course has invested in it's golfing experience. Not a good course to walk. Very long and there is no walker path. Service was great and amenities would be nice if there was no covid. I will go back and recommend this course.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thank you for the very honest and helpful assessment of our course! We are glad you had an enjoyable experience and we will work hard to continue to improve!

Value, Beautiful, Difficult, Gas carts

I don't play off a handicap but shoot in the 90s with great consistency. This course was flat out punishing. Rated 75. Will do better next time but on a bad day these fairways are very tight. Very few driver holes. Slow greens that look fast are really confusing. Aside from that, staff was friendly, homes that line the course are nice, and practice facility and course condition was near perfect in the fairway. The rough is not well kept. It has rocks and inconsistent grass species. Course is not walkable in 4 hrs as holes are very spread out. Loud gas carts with low power was a let down but its a good trade off considering where they have invested and it's beauty takes your mind off a high score if only for a few moments.

Golf Now?

Booked w/Golf Now, but treated like a 2nd class? Here is the story:
Arrived 45 min early, didn’t want to hit range balls, So I told the pro that I’d go out whenever convenient for them. He says, oh no, you are Golf Now, you need to wait for your group time. Ok, no problem. Putting around I note only one group go out during the 45 min. Then my time arrives. They gather up all the Golf Now guys and send us out together, then they immediately send 4 singles out after us. Duh! We played our round in 3.5 hr. Despite letting four singles play through. They could manage it so much better.

Commented on 07/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review, I will talk with our staff and make sure we are treating all players well and the rules are the same for everyone!

Course was wet so cart path only which contributed to slow play. Saw the beer cart several times but never saw a ranger (ranger could have helped with pace of play) Over all really like this course, the layout and the overall facilities are top shelf. Will play again but probably wait for dry conditions. .

Commented on 07/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! We have had a few days where we have been understaffed with some of our key personnel on leave for Covid-19. I will get with our staff and make sure we have someone driving the course to make sure pace of play is under 4 hours.

Would recommend but pace of play was frustrating.

To start, I loved the course. Staff was very friendly and professional and I would absolutely play here again. The greens were a bit slow but I believe they were recently aerated so that is totally forgivable/understandable. Course layout was very nice and requires some precision off the tee.

That said, pace of play left a lot to be desired on the back nine. My partner and I actually quit after 13 because we got tired of waiting for every single shot. Sometimes for 10-15 minutes at a time. Took 2 hours to play the first 4 holes on the back. While driving back, we found the culprit of a threesome that wasn’t allowing the groups behind them to play through so there were 5 or 6 groups that were left hanging after every single shot. I saw the ranger on the front nine but not the back. It would have been nice to have someone either warn them for their pace of play or force them to allow groups to play through.

While frustrating, I would play here again and I’m just assuming this was an anomaly. I know it happens sometimes so I don’t believe this place is worth a negative review and would still recommend this course to friends.

Beautiful Layout, slow rate of play

First, I would absolutely come back. I was, however, a bit frustrated with the back nine rate of play. Me and my partner actually quit after 14 because it was so slow. On our way back, we saw the cause. There was one group playing exceptionally slow and it log jammed about 5 separate groups. I would have liked to have seen a ranger push them to either play faster or start letting groups pass. That said, I am going to assume the best and believe this was an anomaly. The staff we encountered were welcoming, so kudos to them.

Furthermore, the course was in great shape. The greens were a bit slow but I know they had maintenance recently so no judgment there. I would absolutely recommend this course to others and would come back to give it another go!

Commented on 07/03/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review!

Worth to play

preserve jordan lake has dynamic layout and delicate green but too soft due to rainy day. Overall it deserve to have enough clap maintaining good condition.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you for the 4 star review! We hope to see you again in the summer when the golf course is playing firm and fast!

Durham, North Carolina
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Cary, North Carolina
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Private/Community
Cary, North Carolina

Valid dates: Jun 06, 2017 - Jun 30, 2020
Let The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee create unforgettable Georgia vacations with packages that deliver adventure-filled weekend getaways, unrivaled golf outings or romantic escapes with your significant other.