Love 72 7107 yards 74.7 144
Burgandy (W) 72 5361 yards 72.5 129
Scorecard for Preserve
Love M: 74.0/142 512 437 192 420 387 166 328 483 552 3477 470 196 386 456 522 368 618 179 435 3630 7107
Blue M: 72.1/138 492 423 179 400 351 156 294 439 509 3243 438 181 360 422 500 336 574 156 402 3369 6612
White M: 70.7/128 W: 76.2/143 461 402 168 389 334 140 276 413 460 3043 413 166 341 404 436 303 548 135 372 3118 6161
Gold M: 68.2/122 W: 73.7/137 433 375 147 366 316 131 261 388 423 2840 386 151 298 391 396 284 521 114 334 2875 5715
Burgundy W: 71.6/128 398 344 118 336 282 114 236 388 423 2639 284 151 298 391 396 284 487 97 334 2722 5361

Year Built 2002

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Walking Allowed Yes, during non-peak times
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim. Collared Shirts Required

The layout and conditions were fabulous. The pace of play was also very good. It is a challenging course, but very fair. The greens were also in excellent shape

Commented On 07/10/2019

Hi Masterdet, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back! #PreserveGC

Commented On 06/07/2019

John, thanks for the 5-star review and choosing to play The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club! Join us for another round soon. #PreserveGC

Worth the Beating

This course is absolutely FABULOUS. EXCELLENT conditions. But...it is EXTREMELY difficult. You cannot waste a shot! This course challenges every aspect of your game, regardless of which tees you play from.

Commented On 05/20/2019

Craig, thanks for the awesome feedback and 5-star review! We truly appreciate your support and are glad to hear you enjoy the challenge of our course. Come back to The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon! #ThePreserveGC

Commented On 04/18/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review and choosing The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club! We're glad you enjoyed your recent experience with us and we hope to have you back again soon. #ThePreserveGC

Nice golf round

Course was I. Nice shape coming out of winter. Still wet, but to be expected. 4.5 hrs on Sat morning is to be expected as well anywhere. Tough track as usual but fun to play. I will be back

Commented On 04/02/2019

Thanks for the 4-stars and choosing The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club. We truly appreciate your patience & understanding given a busy morning at the course, but we're glad to hear you enjoyed the day with us. Come back soon! #ThePreserveGC

Too Wet

Nice course, good greens but it was just too wet. It had rained a lot on Friday, but sunny Saturday. I hit more mud than balls. Will play there again but only when there has been no rain in the forecast for at least a week.

Commented On 01/08/2019

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're sorry to hear your recent experience with us was affected by the wet conditions, but we truly appreciate your understanding. We look forward to having you back at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club for an even better round soon! #ThePreserveGC

Challenging

Great course especially at the golf now rate. Very few flat lies, lots of up and down and trouble in the fairway....creeks, etc. would like to play again now that I know where all the hazards are. The course is one where you have to ‘play’ it. Tough track, great challenge.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 12/03/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 4-star review! We're glad to hear you enjoy the challenge of our course, and we hope you had a great round. Join us for another one at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon!

Challenging...

It is a good course. Challenging for a hacker. Be prepared to lose balls. Lots of lay up shots. Hazard too.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 11/29/2018:
Thanks for the 4-stars and great feedback! We hope you enjoyed the round and look forward to having you back at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon.

Great layout

I always like Davis Love designs and this one I believe is one of his best. A number of forced carries but if you play the correct tees the holes set up nicely for approaches. It was very wet the day I played but still really enjoyed playing the course.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 11/07/2018:
Mike, thanks for the kind feedback and 5-star review! We appreciate your support of our course and are glad to hear you enjoyed your recent round with us. Come back to The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club for another round soon!

Good value for price

Course was in good condition for a day after a lot of rain. Course is tight with hills and marsh which translates to 3 to 5 more strokes than usual. Overall a good value for the price but more of a challenge than expected.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 11/04/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars and great feedback! We're glad to hear we could provide you with an overall valuable golf experience. Join us for another round at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club soon!
Response from #ThePreserveGC on 11/04/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars! Join us for another round at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club soon.
Response from #ThePreserveGC on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the 5-stars! Come back to The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon.
Response from #ThePreserveGC on 10/16/2018:
Thanks for the 4-star review! Book another round at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon.

A course worth playing

A great layout and conditions are good given the weather we have had. The staff is top notch.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 10/08/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 4-star review! We truly appreciate your comments regarding our course and staff, as well as your understanding of the recent weather in the area. Come see us at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club for another round soon!

Good value on a hilly layout

The course was still wet in places from Hurricane Florence, and there were places that hadn't been mowed or cleaned up for the same reason (I assume), but generally the course was in good shape. The greens were soft and in very good shape. The value was good ($32/person for a Tuesday round at noon).

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 10/10/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review and 3-stars, as well as for your understanding regarding the course conditions of the day of your round. We hope you still enjoyed the day with us and that we can welcome you back to The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club for a better round soon.

Beautiful but Difficult for the Weekend Golfer

I played this course by myself (mostly - I was paired up with a two-some but let them go ahead since they were faster than me). It was the first time I had played the Preserve in several years except for an excellent “playing” golf lesson I took here. The natural environs have matured considerably. It is beautiful and serene, and also very well maintained, though I was there on a rainy day and the conditions were a bit soggy. If you are not a highly skilled golfer, it is a very, very tough course. If you are a beginner or even a purely recreational weekend golfer, and you want to enjoy yourself, stop in Chapel Hill on the way to the course at the big box store on 15-501 and buy a 24-pack of cheap golf balls or even a sack of low grade recycled golf balls and treat the course as a practice range. The course is long. There are many, many forced carries over wetlands and water hazards that seem to be strategically placed and have contoured boundaries so that you need both solid contact and good aim to get around them. There are tight doglegs and big elevation changes. There is thick, high (I think Bermuda?) rough that literally swallows golf balls. If you want similar environs but a much less frustrating experience, head on over to the excellent Chapel Ridge facility, which is not too far and is run by the same people. Honestly, I had a three-star experience at best but I can't put my poor playing ability on the Preserve. I can't imagine ever breaking 100 at the Preserve, whereas I do shoot in the mid-90's sometimes at other courses in the area, including Chapel Ridge. A suggestion, one easy way the management could make the Preserve course a little more welcoming for the average recreational golfer is to join the hundreds of courses in the U.S. that have recently removed or trimmed all their rough. There is nothing more frustrating than hitting your ball a yard or two off the fairway in the open and having to leave it there and take a penalty stroke because you don’t have time to execute a strategic search pattern and can’t see your ball unless you are standing over it. This happened to me at least twice. I felt like I was being punished for shots that for me were pretty good and would have been quite usable otherwise. There are lists of “rough-free” and “low-rough” courses on-line (I believe there is one on this very web site). There is a reason for that. Think about getting the Preserve on that list. It improves pace of play and helps with maintenance. (There are a lot of comments about slow play on here.) It might improve the patronage a little too, and I think more skilled golfers would still play and appreciate the other challenges the course has to offer.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and 4-stars. On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate your detailed feedback regarding our course and conditions. All of your comments have been shared appropriately as we are committed to providing our golfers with a valuable experience and working on any necessary improvements. Thank you for returning to The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club and we hope to welcome you back for another round soon!

Great Round

Had a 1:15 tee time as a single. Starter got me out a bit early as I played with one of the rangers. Greens and fairways were in great shape. Pace of play was fantastic as was done in 4 hours.

What value for the money! Will definitely be back!

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 09/05/2018:
Thank you for the great feedback and 5-stars! We hope you had a great round with us recently and look forward to having you back at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club again soon.

Fun and Challenging Golf

Course was in good shape, they had recently aerated the greens and one fairway looked like they were trying to replace some of the sod. Overall its in good shape for the time of year.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 08/22/2018:
Thanks for the great feedback and 4-stars, Kyle! We appreciate your understanding regarding the recent aerification but are glad to hear you enjoyed your round with us. Come back to The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club for an even better one soon!

Great Value For The Money

The Preserve at Jordan Lake, like The Neuse in Clayton, is one of the hidden gems of the Triangle. Usually, the course is in great shape and the greens are pretty quick, somewhere in the 10-11 range. With the hot summer, it's understandable that they were a little slower. The course itself was in mediocre shape. To be fair, there had been quite a bit of rain over the previous two weeks and the course, with all its contours, does not drain well. The bunkers were in god-awful shape. There were pools in all but a couple of them. Some of the tees looked like they hadn't been mowed in a few days, unacceptable for a course of this caliber.

The course itself is a challenging layout. If you don't have your best stuff, be prepared to lose quite a few golf balls. Depending on which set of tees you're playing, club selection is critical; you don't need (or want) to hit driver every hole. Greens are undulating but some hole locations allow for mistakes to be made. When they are as quick as they normally are, above the hole usually means an automatic two-putt. You must be able to work the ball both ways if you want to be successful here.

If you're looking for a test of your abilities (and it hasn't rained in a week or so), give this course a shot.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 08/16/2018:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback with us. On behalf of our staff, we truly appreciate your patience and understanding regarding some of the course conditions given the recent weather we've had in the area. We value your dedication to playing at The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club and hope we have the chance to welcome you back for an even better round soon!

Rough weather lately

Normally this course is in pretty good shape, but the fairways and around the greens were a little beat up. I believe that is due to all the rain over the last month. I'm sure by end of September it be much better.

Response from #ThePreserveGC on 08/16/2018: