The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club

The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club
Love 72 7107 yards 74.7 144
Burgandy (W) 72 5361 yards 72.5 129
Scorecard for Preserve
Love M: 74.0/142 512 437 192 420 387 166 328 483 552 3477 470 196 386 456 522 368 618 179 435 3630 7107
Blue M: 72.1/138 492 423 179 400 351 156 294 439 509 3243 438 181 360 422 500 336 574 156 402 3369 6612
White M: 70.7/128 W: 76.2/143 461 402 168 389 334 140 276 413 460 3043 413 166 341 404 436 303 548 135 372 3118 6161
Gold M: 68.2/122 W: 73.7/137 433 375 147 366 316 131 261 388 423 2840 386 151 298 391 396 284 521 114 334 2875 5715
Burgundy W: 71.6/128 398 344 118 336 282 114 236 388 423 2639 284 151 298 391 396 284 487 97 334 2722 5361

Year Built 2002

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Walking Allowed Yes, during non-peak times
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim. Collared Shirts Required

Excellent Value For Your Money

There are only a few golf courses that I play frequently in the area and The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club is one of them.

The course is consistently maintained and in excellent condition. You will not see any weeds on the greens, bunkers are always full of sand and raked, and most of all, water jugs full of cold water.

The off-course amenities such as the lounge and dinning are somewhat fairly maintained and priced. However, the quality and variety of the meals can be improved. For what the club charges for greens fees, I would expect a lot more in quality.

The staff is friendly and accommodating.

The course layout is extremely challenging because of narrow fairways, high grass on both side of the fairways, and fast greens. If you are a weekend golfer and looking to break a 100, you will need to know this course layout and its obstacles.

Although the pace of play during the week is great, on the weekend expect 4 to 5 hours to complete all 18 holes.

Over all, The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club is an excellent value for your money.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/12/2017:
Thank you for your review and for continuing to tee it up out here at the Preserve. We appreciate your kind words but also your feedback as we are always looking to improve. We hope you continue to play out here for many more rounds in the future.

First but not last!

What a great course! The people there were very friendly, the course and particularly the greens were in excellent shape, and we played in 4 hours. Love the terrain - as hilly of a course that you’ll find in central NC! Can’t wait to play again - every hole is special. If you like cow pasture golf this is NOT the course for you.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/05/2017:
Thank you for your great review! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your experience at The Preserve! Book another tee time with us soon.

Great course suffers

This is a great challenging course that is suffering from sub-par maintenance. Turf over all was very dry and dying in places. Some greens have significant rough spots with sick or dead turf, but most were excellent (if hard & dry). Ball cleaners that remain had little (smelly) water. Carts are showing their age... Clubhouse & other facilities are very nice. Staff is top notch.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
Thank you for your kind words. Your feedback is important to us because we are always looking to improve. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

Keeps you thinking

The course is in great shape. I couldn't beat the price, especially considering I've paid way more for courses with less character and shape. If you hit your drives around 265 then you might not have a lot of holes that you can hit driver on or maybe shouldn't would be the correct term. Play from the blues would have been more challenging but probably would have had less swing thoughts. It was really hard to determine the break in the greens with all the sand on them. I'm not accustomed to this so I missed a ton of putts I normally make. Don't let this fool you, the greens were still very fast so leaving the ball below the hole was very important and with the sand don't count on your ball spinning much. We had some rude golfers in front and behind us, assume they were locals, and it would have been nice if a marshal was around to maintain pace of play. Overall, the course was in great shape, hitting out of the bunkers was fun as you could splash out and some of holes could only be described as picturesque.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
We appreciate you taking the time to share the 4-star experience you had at The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the course conditions, the layout, and the price! Come back and see us again soon.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
Thank you! We hope to see you out here again soon.

Course is in great shape

I have played the Preserve a number of times in the past and found it usually to be in poorer condition than its sister course, Chapel Ridge. However, the greens were the best I have ever seen them. They were smooth, no blemishes and the course itself was in very good shape. Definitely a tough course but worth the money when it is in the condition it is now. A tip of the hat to the superintendent.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
Thank you for your kind words and for taking notice of the great improvements we have made. Come back and see us again soon!
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Disappointing

I enjoyed the course and its layout, but the pace of play was unacceptable. There were holes that there were 4 groups waiting in line to play and we had to wait to hit every shot the entire round. We did not end up completing our round as we were almost 5 hours in at sunset and only on the 16th tee. We were disappointed that there was no management of the pace of play by the course officials. I am not planning to return to this course in the future.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/04/2017:
Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. We are sorry to hear that the pace of play was moving along slower than normal during your round. We hope to get another chance to exceed your expectations in the near future.

Depends on When You Catch Them

Played 9/17/17, and course was in great shape. Great experience other than pace. Greens pretty quick and true. Love the layout. If it was in this kind of shape all the time, I would go more often.

However, I did play here only because it was the most convenient place that had a reasonably-priced tee time the late-night before. I had pretty much sworn the course off because the last time I played (late February '16), condition was absolutely awful. That may have had something to do with the time of year, but there are plenty of courses around Raleigh that remain in good-to-great shape year-round, and I had run into iffy conditions here before.

If they can keep it in good shape at all times of year, it won't be 18 months between rounds for me again. Like I said, it's great and a great value if you catch them on their game.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/25/2017:
Thank you for giving us another chance. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review and comment on how much our course conditions have improved. We hope to see you out here for many more rounds to come.

VERY Nice Course!

This course was in great shape and had lots of challenging holes. It was difficult but fair, and I would definitely play it again.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/20/2017:
Awesome! Thanks for the great review. We look forward to you teeing it up with us again soon.

Challenging but Fun

This course has something for everyone but at the end of the day you will find that you used almost every club in your bag. It starts off on par 5 #1 depending on your length you will have to deal with distance off the tee to an elevated green. The 18th hole is down hill par 4 which will challenge club selection as well. In between, you will have mental challenges in choosing the club that will help you manage the course. I would recommend this course to people with a 1 handicap to 25 but bring lots of balls!

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 11/30/2017:
Thank you for spending a part of your day with us here at the Preserve. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed this wonderful layout that really makes you think about every shot. Come see us again soon!

Saturday evening 18.

Played 18 from around 430-730. They sent me off the back. Only slowed down for about three holes. Some frat boys playing seven players on the same hole because "it's our boys birthday". Was able to fly around the front nine though. Course in good shape. Greens hard but rolling pretty true. Fun round and a great evening out. I would recommend it!

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/12/2017:
Sounds like a great Saturday evening! Nothing better than playing a round of golf in 3 hours. We appreciate you recommending our course to others and we hope to see you out here again soon.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/12/2017:
Thank you for your 4-star rating! Come see us again soon.

Constant Challenge

The Preserve is a really good course with lots more elevation changes that most courses in the Triangle area of North Carolina. Every hole is a challenge with lots of waste areas to be hit over and around. Fun to play but not for the faint of heart. Definitely a good value in a beautiful subdivision. I'd recommend it for sure.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/12/2017:
Thank you very much for your kinds words and 4-star review. We're glad to hear how much you enjoy the layout of the course. Be sure to book another round with us soon.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/29/2017:
Thank you for your 5-star rating!

It's ok

I've always liked the layout but seems like they are working on a shoestring maintenance budget. The greens were furry but they had aerated a few weeks ago so maybe they were trying to keep them high? Although there weren't any signs of aeration holes or sand so not sure why they were so slow and fury. The tee boxes need work and the rough seemed over grown and neglected on more than a few holes. I'm a stickler for details and the Pro Shop looks like it's been robbed, maybe 10 shirts and hats for sale, really sad and too many weeds on or around the cart paths for my taste but I would play there again. Paid $60 on GolfNow for a Saturday morning isn't bad so I'd give it 3 stars overall.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/12/2017:
Thank you for choosing The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve and we hope to exceed your expectations next time you join us for a round.

Well Maintained Course

Fun and interesting course that is very well maintained. Has the typical long bomber holes as well as really interesting par 4's. Fun course to play and great course to walk on a summer evening.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/24/2017:
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you have a fun time when playing our golf course and we look forward to you booking another round with us soon.

Friendly

Staff was very friendly and professional. Course was in great condition.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/21/2017:
Perfect, that's what we like to hear! Thank you for choosing to play the Preserve at Jordan Lake. Book another round with us soon.

A swamp

Affectionately known among my very knowledge golf associates as "the swamp" this course or curse is a disgrace to Davis Love III. Green to Tee distances are exceptionally long, greens are continually inconsistent, rough is unmanageable, and there is nothing interesting about the layout. On top of all that; drainage is sub-par, ergo, a swamp.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/12/2017:
We are sorry to hear that you feel this way and don't have a more positive experience to share. We hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Great course but.....

the bunkers are full of rocks. This certainly isn't the only course with bad sand but for as well maintained as everything else is why not decent sand? I'm no expert & could be missing something (rocks are more challenging?) but when i play Lonnie Poole I don't think about pulling my ball from a bunker vs. dinging up my club on gravely sand.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/06/2017:
Thank you for your feedback in regards to the bunkers as we are always looking to improve. We hope you'll give us another chance in the near future.
Pittsboro, North Carolina