The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club

The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club
Love 72 7107 yards 74.7 144
Burgandy (W) 72 5361 yards 72.5 129
Scorecard for Preserve
Love M: 74.0/142 512 437 192 420 387 166 328 483 552 3477 470 196 386 456 522 368 618 179 435 3630 7107
Blue M: 72.1/138 492 423 179 400 351 156 294 439 509 3243 438 181 360 422 500 336 574 156 402 3369 6612
White M: 70.7/128 W: 76.2/143 461 402 168 389 334 140 276 413 460 3043 413 166 341 404 436 303 548 135 372 3118 6161
Gold M: 68.2/122 W: 73.7/137 433 375 147 366 316 131 261 388 423 2840 386 151 298 391 396 284 521 114 334 2875 5715
Burgundy W: 71.6/128 398 344 118 336 282 114 236 388 423 2639 284 151 298 391 396 284 487 97 334 2722 5361

Year Built 2002

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Walking Allowed Yes, during non-peak times
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim. Collared Shirts Required

Beutiful layout

A challenging course withexcellentgreens. My only gripe is with the tee boxes...they were pretty scraggly!

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/30/2017:
Thank you for your review, Charlie. We appreciate you pointing out our excellent greens and challenging layout. Your feedback regarding the tee boxes is important to us and we will be sure to address it. Come back and tee it up with us again soon.

Promising Layout...

Great layout and good greens, fairways ok, bunkers and rough need work. This course could be great if it was more well maintained. Irritable members, but great clubhouse staff. Each time I play I find myself saying I will never return, but then I book a round in hopes that they've made some improvements. Good round for $25-35, not worth any more.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 11/02/2017:
Thank you for your feedback and for giving us another chance. Our maintenance crew is continuously working hard to make the necessary improvements to match our awesome layout. As we continue to get better we hope to see you out here more often.

Nice Course!

Save your energy for the back 9. Forced carries just about every hole. The course is well maintained nice greens and tee boxes. Highly recommend just be patient on the back.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/26/2017:
Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the challenging but fun back 9. Book another tee time with us soon!

A+

In town for business with a crisp fall morning to spare. Beautiful layout, course was in great shape. Worth 2x the cost al least!

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/24/2017:
Thank you for your great 5-star rating, Kyle! We appreciate your kind words and we hope you join us again next time you're in the area.

I'd recommend

This course has a very interesting layout and will be very challenging to your game. I would have gave it five stars... but on the way that I shot I took one away. Greens were in excellent shape but to me very hard to read and quick. Both your drives and your second shotsmust be kept in play... there is no forgiveness here. I would recommend this course to at least challenge yourself.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/23/2017:
Thank you for your review, Tom. We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge and we appreciate you recommending our course to others. We hope you'll give us another shot in the future and maybe give us that extra star!

Excellent value and nice and long from the tips

Excellent course and a great value. Love the 618 yard #16 from the tips. Course was in great shape. Let’s be the length and the greens were awesome. Would recommend to anyone. Played for $20 one afternoon. Will be back.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/17/2017:
Awesome! Thank you for taking the time share what sounds like a great day at The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club. Come back and see us again soon.

Excellent Value For Your Money

There are only a few golf courses that I play frequently in the area and The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club is one of them.

The course is consistently maintained and in excellent condition. You will not see any weeds on the greens, bunkers are always full of sand and raked, and most of all, water jugs full of cold water.

The off-course amenities such as the lounge and dinning are somewhat fairly maintained and priced. However, the quality and variety of the meals can be improved. For what the club charges for greens fees, I would expect a lot more in quality.

The staff is friendly and accommodating.

The course layout is extremely challenging because of narrow fairways, high grass on both side of the fairways, and fast greens. If you are a weekend golfer and looking to break a 100, you will need to know this course layout and its obstacles.

Although the pace of play during the week is great, on the weekend expect 4 to 5 hours to complete all 18 holes.

Over all, The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club is an excellent value for your money.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/12/2017:
Thank you for your review and for continuing to tee it up out here at the Preserve. We appreciate your kind words but also your feedback as we are always looking to improve. We hope you continue to play out here for many more rounds in the future.

First but not last!

What a great course! The people there were very friendly, the course and particularly the greens were in excellent shape, and we played in 4 hours. Love the terrain - as hilly of a course that you’ll find in central NC! Can’t wait to play again - every hole is special. If you like cow pasture golf this is NOT the course for you.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/05/2017:
Thank you for your great review! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your experience at The Preserve! Book another tee time with us soon.

Great course suffers

This is a great challenging course that is suffering from sub-par maintenance. Turf over all was very dry and dying in places. Some greens have significant rough spots with sick or dead turf, but most were excellent (if hard & dry). Ball cleaners that remain had little (smelly) water. Carts are showing their age... Clubhouse & other facilities are very nice. Staff is top notch.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
Thank you for your kind words. Your feedback is important to us because we are always looking to improve. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

Keeps you thinking

The course is in great shape. I couldn't beat the price, especially considering I've paid way more for courses with less character and shape. If you hit your drives around 265 then you might not have a lot of holes that you can hit driver on or maybe shouldn't would be the correct term. Play from the blues would have been more challenging but probably would have had less swing thoughts. It was really hard to determine the break in the greens with all the sand on them. I'm not accustomed to this so I missed a ton of putts I normally make. Don't let this fool you, the greens were still very fast so leaving the ball below the hole was very important and with the sand don't count on your ball spinning much. We had some rude golfers in front and behind us, assume they were locals, and it would have been nice if a marshal was around to maintain pace of play. Overall, the course was in great shape, hitting out of the bunkers was fun as you could splash out and some of holes could only be described as picturesque.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
We appreciate you taking the time to share the 4-star experience you had at The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the course conditions, the layout, and the price! Come back and see us again soon.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
Thank you! We hope to see you out here again soon.

Course is in great shape

I have played the Preserve a number of times in the past and found it usually to be in poorer condition than its sister course, Chapel Ridge. However, the greens were the best I have ever seen them. They were smooth, no blemishes and the course itself was in very good shape. Definitely a tough course but worth the money when it is in the condition it is now. A tip of the hat to the superintendent.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
Thank you for your kind words and for taking notice of the great improvements we have made. Come back and see us again soon!
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/02/2017:
We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Disappointing

I enjoyed the course and its layout, but the pace of play was unacceptable. There were holes that there were 4 groups waiting in line to play and we had to wait to hit every shot the entire round. We did not end up completing our round as we were almost 5 hours in at sunset and only on the 16th tee. We were disappointed that there was no management of the pace of play by the course officials. I am not planning to return to this course in the future.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 10/04/2017:
Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. We are sorry to hear that the pace of play was moving along slower than normal during your round. We hope to get another chance to exceed your expectations in the near future.

Depends on When You Catch Them

Played 9/17/17, and course was in great shape. Great experience other than pace. Greens pretty quick and true. Love the layout. If it was in this kind of shape all the time, I would go more often.

However, I did play here only because it was the most convenient place that had a reasonably-priced tee time the late-night before. I had pretty much sworn the course off because the last time I played (late February '16), condition was absolutely awful. That may have had something to do with the time of year, but there are plenty of courses around Raleigh that remain in good-to-great shape year-round, and I had run into iffy conditions here before.

If they can keep it in good shape at all times of year, it won't be 18 months between rounds for me again. Like I said, it's great and a great value if you catch them on their game.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/25/2017:
Thank you for giving us another chance. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this great review and comment on how much our course conditions have improved. We hope to see you out here for many more rounds to come.

VERY Nice Course!

This course was in great shape and had lots of challenging holes. It was difficult but fair, and I would definitely play it again.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/20/2017:
Awesome! Thanks for the great review. We look forward to you teeing it up with us again soon.

Challenging but Fun

This course has something for everyone but at the end of the day you will find that you used almost every club in your bag. It starts off on par 5 #1 depending on your length you will have to deal with distance off the tee to an elevated green. The 18th hole is down hill par 4 which will challenge club selection as well. In between, you will have mental challenges in choosing the club that will help you manage the course. I would recommend this course to people with a 1 handicap to 25 but bring lots of balls!

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 11/30/2017:
Thank you for spending a part of your day with us here at the Preserve. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed this wonderful layout that really makes you think about every shot. Come see us again soon!

Saturday evening 18.

Played 18 from around 430-730. They sent me off the back. Only slowed down for about three holes. Some frat boys playing seven players on the same hole because "it's our boys birthday". Was able to fly around the front nine though. Course in good shape. Greens hard but rolling pretty true. Fun round and a great evening out. I would recommend it!

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/12/2017:
Sounds like a great Saturday evening! Nothing better than playing a round of golf in 3 hours. We appreciate you recommending our course to others and we hope to see you out here again soon.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/12/2017:
Thank you for your 4-star rating! Come see us again soon.

Constant Challenge

The Preserve is a really good course with lots more elevation changes that most courses in the Triangle area of North Carolina. Every hole is a challenge with lots of waste areas to be hit over and around. Fun to play but not for the faint of heart. Definitely a good value in a beautiful subdivision. I'd recommend it for sure.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 09/12/2017:
Thank you very much for your kinds words and 4-star review. We're glad to hear how much you enjoy the layout of the course. Be sure to book another round with us soon.
Durham, North Carolina
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Holly Springs, North Carolina

Valid dates: Mar 01, 2019 - Apr 21, 2019
Get a head start on Spring and experience true southern hospitality with championship golf and charming villas in beautiful South Carolina Lowcountry with the Spring Getaway.