The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club

The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club
Love 72 7107 yards 74.7 144
Burgandy (W) 72 5361 yards 72.5 129
Scorecard for Preserve
Love M: 74.0/142 512 437 192 420 387 166 328 483 552 3477 470 196 386 456 522 368 618 179 435 3630 7107
Blue M: 72.1/138 492 423 179 400 351 156 294 439 509 3243 438 181 360 422 500 336 574 156 402 3369 6612
White M: 70.7/128 W: 76.2/143 461 402 168 389 334 140 276 413 460 3043 413 166 341 404 436 303 548 135 372 3118 6161
Gold M: 68.2/122 W: 73.7/137 433 375 147 366 316 131 261 388 423 2840 386 151 298 391 396 284 521 114 334 2875 5715
Burgundy W: 71.6/128 398 344 118 336 282 114 236 388 423 2639 284 151 298 391 396 284 487 97 334 2722 5361

Year Built 2002

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Walking Allowed Yes, during non-peak times
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required. No Denim. Collared Shirts Required

Incredibly accommodating staff, beautiful/challenging course

This course plays so well for a mid-handicap golfer. I wanted to play from the tips--since there weren't many on the course--but decided to go with blue. I drive about 250-260 and still was able to hit <7i into greens. Despite aeration, the greens rolled well; and pin placement was fair but challenging. Lots of shot choices. Lots of elevation, but nothing gimmicky. All-around perfect course for amateurs. Played with my sister who is new to golf and she managed a 103, sans a few mulligans.

The staff gave us a free range bucket because of aeration, and we nothing short of the most kind and professional group I've ever come across in a Pro Shop. I wish I remembered their names.

My ONLY beef was un-raked sand traps; and un-repaired divots. Honestly, I've seen worse, monthly.

If I return to the area, this course will be at the top of my list.

A+++++, 100%, 10/10, 5 stars, et al.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/09/2017:
Thank you for choosing The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club, Mason! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your overall experience. We appreciate your feedback regarding the bunkers and divots. We hope you book another tee time with us again soon and we'll be sure to make it another A+ experience!

Excellent

Course was in excellent condition, has a great layout and character. Loved playing at The preserve at jordan lake course, added it to the list of great courses near to where I live.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/17/2017:
Excellent! That's what we like to hear. Book another round with us soon and be sure to Like us on Facebook.

Great value

This course has a challenging layout and good scenery. However, when I played everything was very dry like they never water. Sometimes had trouble getting a tee in the ground.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/17/2017:
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize if the conditions were too dry during your round but we hope you'll give us another chance in the future. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/03/2017:
We hope you'll give us another try in the near future, Karl.

Superb conditions, great views

The Preserve at Jordan Lake Golf Club is in the top 5 North Carolina public courses for me. The reconditioned layout is superb, with scenic views, challenge, fairness, and playability. The front nine fairways need another cut. The tees and greens were fine. The back nine was outstanding from tee to green, immaculate. Great value on Golf Now, with my additional $10 off coupon from customer loyalty.

The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional. Patrick was great in confirming everything for me over the phone. Ian greeted us in the pro shop very well. Jimmy made a superb Arnold Palmer drink with refills.

The group we were joined with (they permitted my wife to ride FREE as a non-golfer) all played from the same tees (senior), making for an enjoyable round. Only criticism, pace of play was slow, taking 5 hours for 18 holes.

We will back. I highly recommend the Preserve at Jordan Lake to everyone. The only Davis Love III design in the state, is uses the land perfectly, with lots of elevation. Perfect lead-in to our Wyndham Championship next week, where Davis and his son Dru will play.

Thank you.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/09/2017:
Thank you for choosing The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club and for considering us to be one of your top 5 NC public golf courses! We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience and we look forward to seeing you out here again soon.

Love This Course

Love this course, one of the best around the Apex/Raleigh area. Wish I could play it everyday.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/09/2017:
Thank you, Zach! We wish you could play out here every day too. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/27/2017:
Thank you for your 5-star rating!

The Preserve, Davis Love

Played 7/182017 and 7/31/2017. Fairways were nice as were the greens. The greens are fairly new, a year or so old now, and were rolling very nice on the 31th. Note they are aerating the greens on 8/1 and 8/2/2017. Course is one where there are only a few holes where you can grip it and rip it. Some fairly tight holes and many where driver stays in the bag, you can run out of fairway. Overall a beautiful course rolling through the Carolina countryside. Has a couple of Hot Deals each day and Seniors can play for $32 during the week. Have to play if you're in the area.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/17/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate you recommending our course as well as sharing some helpful tips to any first time golfers of The Preserve. Hope to see you out here again soon!

Improving

Fairways and greens are starting to get better. Tee boxes showing improvement. Sand traps need lots of work. Sand is sparse, of poor quality and unscreened having gravel and stones in it.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Thank you for your feedback and for noticing the improvements we have been making as well. We hope you'll give us another chance soon!

Not its best day, but I'd still come back

Played this course a number of times before, and I've always liked it. You're able to hit most of the clubs in your bag over the course of the round with multiple shot options on many holes, including off the tee.

On this day, we showed up and asked for range balls, but were told the single small bucket not all the way filled was all they had left -- it was given to us on the house though. The range was unfortunately set up for irons only on this day, so sort of a double whammy.

And range balls weren't all they were out of. For a 1pm tee time on a 95+ degree day, the first water cooler on #4 had water, but the next one on #8 was out, the one at the turn had enough for each of us to get a small cup, and #12/13 was out as well. The bathroom at #15 finally did have some, and ironically enough, so did the cooler on the very next hole. The beverage cart was seen once, and that was leaving the #4 green, I believe.

Gas seemed to be in short supply as well, as our playing partners ran out in the middle of the 8th fairway and had to wait for a new cart to be driven out. That delayed an already slow pace even more. We finished the round in about 5 1/2 hours and did not see any rangers out attempting to speed up play.

The course wasn't in the best condition I've seen it -- weeds were fairly common in some areas and a number of greens had some rough spots and patches. It's been pretty hot and dry recently, so definitely forgivable, and the course condition still rates above par for me.

Bad days happen, but it could have been a much better day with not much more effort and prep between cart staff, rangers, and pro shop.

All that said, I'll still be back at some point.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Thank you for taking the time share your thoughts and feedback from your most recent round. Feedback is what makes us better so we appreciate you sharing yours. We apologize if your experience was anything short of 5 stars and we hope you'll give us another chance soon so we can make up for it.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/03/2017:
Thank you for choosing The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club, Kevin! Come see us again soon.

Very slow

The course played very slow and rangers did nothing about it. Said it was normal. 3 hours to play 9.5 holes is not normal.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/15/2017:
Thank you for playing The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club, Curtis. We apologize if the pace of play took away from the enjoyment of your round. 3 hours to play 9.5 holes is definitely not the norm. We hope you'll give us another try soon.

Nice course, but....

I agree with most of the reviews I am seeing. The course itself is nice, and in good shape, but pace of play is rediculus. Got started almost 30 minutes late because a tournament had not made the turn in 2 and a half hours ( not good) so played front nine in 3 hours. Thought it would get better on back nine, but so stacked up, no way to do so . Probably will be back , but only for a bargain price.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 08/14/2017:
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if the slower than normal pace of play took away from your overall experience. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.

Hidden gem/great value

One of the best public courses I've played since moving to the triangle in 2009. I would put it right there with Mill Creek and The Neuse. It was in excellent shape. It is a challenging yet fun and interesting layout, and the rangers there were some of the friendliest and most helpful I've seen. Two thumbs up and I'll definitely be back.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/06/2017:
Excellent! We couldn't be more thrilled that you consider us to be one of the best public courses you've played in the area. We look forward to seeing you out here for many more rounds to come!

Difficult greens plus tricky holes

Greens must be poana and were difficult to work and read as grain made them very slow on way and fairly fast the other way.

Many of the holes had hazards in the middle that required layups . Think we could do better next time we play.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/06/2017:
Thank you for your review, Don. Now that you know the course a little better, we hope your next round will be even more enjoyable. Come see us again soon!

Fun and Tight

Left, Right, Up, Down, Narrow and Trouble waiting around each turn. It takes well placed shots to navigate these fairways. Well protected fast running, varied surface, greens. Interesting shots, beautiful scenery, and just plain fun. Love the course more each time I play it.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Excellent! We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed our challenging but fun layout. We hope to see you out here for many more rounds to come!
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Thank you for your 5-star rating!

Make sure you don't argue with your Driver!!

I had never played this course but with the deal I got a friend of mine and myself decided to play this one since we were playing 18 at Chapel Ridge that morning. You better make sure you are on good terms with your driver when you play this course! This course has a great layout and was in really good condition. There are some very narrow tee shots on this course and, never playing this course, some very misleading shots. What you see from the tee box isn't always what you're hitting to. Some of the views look narrow but once you get out to the fairway you see your landing area is a little larger than perceived. Then there are some tight fairways that won't allow driver unless you can put it on a string to a 280-300 yard target. The greens were a little hairy but these things happen. Either way, this course was a gem for the price we paid and I will definitely go back.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Thank you for choosing The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club! We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed the layout and hopefully, that means you were on good terms with your driver. Come join us for another round soon!

Tough

The Preserve is a nice course with a decent lay-out and you can usually get good rates in GolfNow, but be warned...if you're playing from the blues back, the back 9 is a beast. Long & hard. You have to bring your A game in general but once you hit hole 10...good luck.

Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Thank you for your review and for sharing some great insight to any future golfers of The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials.
Response from The Preserve At Jordan Lake Golf Club on 07/31/2017:
Thank you for your 5-star rating!
Pittsboro, North Carolina