A view of a green with water coming into play from The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks.

The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks is touted as the best mountain golf course in Colorado and even one of the best courses in the country. Towering forests of pine and aspen frame the rolling fairways and manicured greens on this scenic layout. The crystal clear creeks and trout-filled lakes are a striking contrast to the lush green of the course and the snow-capped peaks in the distance. The golf course is known for more than its scenery though, its challenging design is a test for all skill levels. The steep-faced bunkers have deeply furrowed edges, which can be tricky but they also serve to contain tee shots that might have an increased carry because of the course's dramatic elevations. There are also water hazards to contend with on several holes.

Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks

Year Built 2000
Golf Season May 12 - Oct 16
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2000) Tom Lehman (2000) Dana Fry (2000)

Driving Range Yes, Hitting Balls From Grass
Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Colorado (2016 #17)

Commented on 10/02/2019

Hi! thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks and hope you'll come see us again soon!

Colorado Mountain Golf at its Best

I love coming to The Raven. The course is beautiful, the staff is friendly, and of course the views are amazing. It's a surprisingly quick drive from the Denver metro area and a nice change of pace from the usual courses. They have some nice specials at times so be on the lookout for those. Treat yourself, you'll be glad you did.

Favorite mountain course

The Raven is one of my all-time favorite mountain courses to play, especially in the fall. The course is challenging and each hole is unique. There is always some form of wildlife on the course to make things extra exciting, and this course has the most aspen trees of all the mountain courses, making it a leaf-peeping must!

Beautiful course

This course is very scenic and the staff was very friendly!

Commented on 08/28/2019

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks!

Beautiful views, great staff

Course had some irrigation issues, but are working hard to remedy. We enjoyed the golf course, staff was friendly and helpful, and the views are beautiful.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Hi, Jody! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks!

Challenging and fun

The condition was a little dry, renovations on one hole were major. Greens were fabulous and ranger was very pleasant!

Commented on 08/14/2019

Thank you for your review, leannpollock. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Contruction

...but in a good way! They are fixing a hole that's been problematic for years. So even with a temp hole and improvements happening around the course we still enjoyed our round.

I would think they would discount the fees because of this, or at least let you know before arrival, but it wasn't the the end of the world as we knew the course.

Ran into their teaching professional, was awfully arrogant on the range. Wouldn't suggest a lesson if you are looking.

Commented on 08/26/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience and your feedback to our team at The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

This used to be one of our favorite courses. Last year the course was in bad shape. This year maybe worse. It is really sad to see someone let this course fall into such bad shape

Commented on 07/22/2019

Hello. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We appreciate your feedback and will escalate it back to the team. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop if you have any further questions or comments. Thank you for playing The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks.

Worst condition course

Their website does not tell you how bad the course conditions are. The fairways are dried out, the greens have new sod in several places and even the tee boxes are terrible. Do not waste your money on this course.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks. We hope to see you again soon.

Dried out

Don’t know what happened over last 3 years. Used to be best course in Summit County. Now, lots of dead grass, dry grassy areas, swamp holes in middle of fairways, but the greens are great and golf carts are top of the line.

Commented on 07/17/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks. We hope to see you again in the future.

Fun course in rough shape

Played this course many times over the years, and I was a bit shocked by how poor the course conditions were - from the driving range to the tee boxes. Hopefully the course fills in, but at this moment, I'd recommend any of the other summit county courses. Fairways were patchy and bare and clearly suffering from drainage issues, tee boxes under repair, cart paths under repair (major repair in some spots), bunkers collapsing at the edges and filled with stones. Greens were in ok shape, but very slow.

All that said, it's a beautiful course, challenging, and a lot of fun to play. It just needs a bit (lot?) of TLC to get back to being worth the money and competitive with the other local courses.

Commented on 07/15/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks. We hope to see you again soon.

A Tough Winter

The course was in terrible shape as a result of the freeze-thaw cycles as the course was not buried in snow like the Breckenridge Golf Club. I was very disappointed the course management did not acknowledge its conditions and either offer a greatly reduced rate or at least warn us. To spend $258 for my wife and I, plus another $258 for our guests was maddening. When we commented at the end of the round they didn’t want to talk about it. The Haymaker in Steamboat had similar turf problems but their management acknowledged it, reduced the rates and encouraged locals to keep playing to generate sufficient cash flow for repairs. I hope the 2020 season is better for The Raven, but I won’t be playing until I know it’s back to its proper state.

slipping badly in recent years

Over the last five years or so, the conditions of the course have really deteriorated. Greens and fairways are badly dried out. Too bad because this is my favorite course in the state and the epitome of mountain golf (serene, elevation changes, water/streams, very limited housing/road encroachment, isolated holes with big beautiful trees, wildlife). It really has everything and is a challenge to play. I recommend everything about this course except the quality of the playing surface - which is kind of the most important thing. Kind of like recommending a restaurant with great views, ambiance, etc but lousy food. I really hope it recovers.

Coming along

Played early in the season and the course wawas filling in nicely.They were working on a few holes and some of the greens were a little rough. I believe in the next month The Raven will be in excellent shape. It was fun to play even with the current conditions but that is to be expected this early.in the mountains. Have always loved the layout, difficult but beautiful.

Commented on 06/26/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make the necessary changes. Thanks for visiting The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 06/26/2019

Hello, jetomil77. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate any additional feedback as we use it to work on making the necessary improvements to the course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks. We hope to see you again soon!

Most of the fairways and a number of the greens are in rough shape. Major construction on one of the holes and you would think the pro shop or starter would let you know ahead of time. Young kid in the pro shop was very rude. Acted like he was doing me a favor for checking in. At a $169 per round, you are paying for the view of the surrounding mountains. If you are a serious golfer, you may want to avoid this place.

Commented on 09/05/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We understand your frustration with the construction projects underway. Please bear with us as we work diligently to make improvements. We will pass along your feedback to the team in charge so that they can continue to work to make changes. We hope you'll give us another try in the future. Thanks for choosing The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks.

Great location and layout

The course is challenging and beautifully laid out in the side of the mountain range. It is especially beautiful in September when the aspens are changing color. The holes have a great variety of contours, hazards and personality. The greens are difficult to hold your approaches due to their fitness and contour allowing a good approach to still end up off the green. None the less enjoy the course every time I play it.

Response from on 09/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the layout and continue to enjoy it each time during your visit. Thanks for choosing Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great views, friendly staff

I played the Raven for the first time with my son and we had a great time. The course is in ok shape for the end of the season, the fairways are in good condition but the greens could use some TLC. Several of them had places that definitely caused problems. The tee boxes that weren't being punched were good. There are several elevated tees which make you think about club selection and provided spectacular views. We will definitely be back.

Response from on 09/25/2018:
Hello Ben, thanks for the four stars! We are glad that you had a great time with us the other day. Thanks for your positive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

As I first pulled into the facility my impression was spot on to what I expected! The staff was friendly especially Remington he was very helpful and insured me that my experience was up to par! The course could be in better shape but I understood for the weather we have had in Colorado. Remington explained this before we teed off. It was a pleasure all the way around from the mountain views, to the long drops, and large greens. I would recommend this course to anyone that wants to play an incredible mountain course. I will look forward to seeing the course in better shape next season after a great winter!

Response from on 09/17/2018:
Hello Jordan, thank you for the four stars! We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience from start to finish. Thanks for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Keystone, Colorado
Keystone, Colorado
Breckenridge, Colorado
Copper Mountain, Colorado
Vail, Colorado
4.1985823529

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.