The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks

2.4
2.6

The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks is touted as the best mountain golf course in Colorado and even one of the best courses in the country. Towering forests of pine and aspen frame the rolling fairways and manicured greens on this scenic layout. The crystal clear creeks and trout-filled lakes are a striking contrast to the lush green of the course and the snow-capped peaks in the distance. The golf course is known for more than its scenery though, its challenging design is a test for all skill levels. The steep-faced bunkers have deeply furrowed edges, which can be tricky but they also serve to contain tee shots that might have an increased carry because of the course's dramatic elevations. There are also water hazards to contend with on several holes.
Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks
Silver 72 6806 yards 71.4 136
Scorecard for Raven Golf Club At Three Peaks
Raven M: 74.2/146 426 587 450 164 345 543 418 184 514 3631 367 599 237 434 213 415 601 468 448 3782 7413
Silver M: 71.4/136 406 546 421 146 314 533 368 160 498 3392 343 551 216 387 200 369 554 431 363 3414 6806
White M: 70.0/130 373 514 388 127 299 503 362 160 466 3192 314 521 183 368 177 329 548 404 350 3194 6386
Copper M: 68.7/123 331 479 366 117 276 490 341 134 446 2980 276 485 146 338 141 282 533 380 330 2911 5891
Gold M: 65.3/117 W: 70.3/133 306 452 343 81 223 447 303 134 333 2622 242 450 123 312 141 247 489 348 261 2613 5235

Year Built 2000
Golf Season May 12 - Oct 16
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2000) Tom Lehman (2000) Dana Fry (2000) Wadsworth Golf Construction (2000)

Driving Range Yes, Hitting Balls From Grass
Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Colorado (2016 #17)

As I first pulled into the facility my impression was spot on to what I expected! The staff was friendly especially Remington he was very helpful and insured me that my experience was up to par! The course could be in better shape but I understood for the weather we have had in Colorado. Remington explained this before we teed off. It was a pleasure all the way around from the mountain views, to the long drops, and large greens. I would recommend this course to anyone that wants to play an incredible mountain course. I will look forward to seeing the course in better shape next season after a great winter!

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/17/2018:
Hello Jordan, thank you for the four stars! We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience from start to finish. Thanks for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Skip the Raven

Course is charging full price when the greens were very poor. Lots of damage and bald spots. Hit and hope.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/05/2018:
Hello Colin, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with us the other day. Your feedback is important to us.

Let Down

Being in the golf industry, I was terribly let down with my first experience at the Raven. While the course conditions were mainly due to weather, which I get being in the industry, the experience at the front desk is what really ruined the round. Remington was beyond rude and annoyed to even be dealing with us. We golfed on an extremely slow day and had asked to golf by ourselves seeing as the tee times after us were all open. He would not let us go alone and made us feel awful for even asking. He completely ruined our day before we even made it out on the golf course. The other staff we encountered were pleasant but we had heard stories about Remington before we even got up there and they were all true.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/17/2018:
Hello, we are sorry for your recent experience and we would like the opportunity to discuss how to make this right. Please contact General Manager Ryan Parr at rparr@ravenatthreepeaks.com.
Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/04/2018:
Hello Robert, we are sorry to hear that you did not find our greens in good shape. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars. We are sorry to hear that you found our greens in bad shape, but we hope that the rest of your experience was satisfactory.

Great layout, rough conditions, disappointing staff

Beautiful course with a great layout. Conditions were a little rough compared with others in the area that we played due to a tough winter last year...I can overlook that. The course played really well. I thought the staff had some really awesome people and some that were absolutely awful. The guys that grabbed our bags at the car and loaded everything up were amazing. The guy in the pro shop where I needed to pay acted like I was an inconvenience to him. The bartender and starter were awesome, as well. After the round, we wanted to have a drink and relax and were told about 4 times that a server would be right over on the patio, since we weren't allowed to sit inside because of Scooter McDoober and his keyboard playing smooth jazz hits for the members to stroll about the dance floor. A server never came. Staff friendliness gets a 3/5 because of the gents that grabbed our bags, the starter, and the bartender...otherwise, it'd be a 0.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/17/2018:
Hello Andy, thank you for the four stars. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our course layout, but we are sorry to hear that your staff experience fell short of satisfactory. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun Mountain Course

We were in Denver for a baseball trip weekend and wanted to play a mountain course so we drove out to The Raven. There were a couple greens and tee boxes in rough shape but it didn't tarnish our round, I thought it was still in good shape overall. We definitely got the mountain course experience and the course was a fun layout. Pretty much every hole was memorable with scenic views, especially loved the downhill holes 8 and 9. Rate of $109 at noon was fair I thought, but I wouldn't want to pay more than that to play again. Staff was all nice to us.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/13/2018:
Hello Mitch, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our layout and a had an overall great time with us. Thanks for choosing Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks, and we hope to see you again soon.
Stowe
Graced with carefully preserved wetlands, forested meadows, and sparkling waters, Sunriver Resort offers 63 holes of the best golf in the West. Sunriver Resort's Spring & Fall Unlimited Crosswater Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links, along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay.

Typical public trac

Other than the 5 1/4 hours, lumpy greens and almost as many rocks in the sand as sand it was ok. Actually a very nice layout, and nice folks working there, just not worth the $100+ fee.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/31/2018:
Hello, we are sorry to hear that you did not have the best time with us the other day. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great scenery beautiful layout

Did an afternoon round and wow what great views and elevation changes. Best mountain course that I have played in years. Course is tough but fair and the greens were sandy with some bare patches on the greens but the views made it worth the price of admission.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time at Raven. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

This course is definitely one of the more beautiful courses to play in the Summit area. The poor condition rating is, I believe, temporary for this year. I spoke personally to the Super and as I understand it it has been a very dry year and their water rights are limited. Add that to a very harsh winter kill and you get a season of poor conditions. The course is worth playing even in its poor condition. The views and the lay out are like none other. Definitely a course you need to play once before good scores will come along. If you have an errant driver like I did that day it will play tough. All in all definitely worth the experience.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/28/2018:
Hello Jason, thank you for the four-star review! We appreciate your honest feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed the course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.