The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks

2.4

The Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks is touted as the best mountain golf course in Colorado and even one of the best courses in the country. Towering forests of pine and aspen frame the rolling fairways and manicured greens on this scenic layout. The crystal clear creeks and trout-filled lakes are a striking contrast to the lush green of the course and the snow-capped peaks in the distance. The golf course is known for more than its scenery though, its challenging design is a test for all skill levels. The steep-faced bunkers have deeply furrowed edges, which can be tricky but they also serve to contain tee shots that might have an increased carry because of the course's dramatic elevations. There are also water hazards to contend with on several holes.
Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks
Silver 72 6806 yards 71.4 136
Scorecard for Raven Golf Club At Three Peaks
Raven M: 74.2/146 426 587 450 164 345 543 418 184 514 3631 367 599 237 434 213 415 601 468 448 3782 7413
Silver M: 71.4/136 406 546 421 146 314 533 368 160 498 3392 343 551 216 387 200 369 554 431 363 3414 6806
White M: 70.0/130 373 514 388 127 299 503 362 160 466 3192 314 521 183 368 177 329 548 404 350 3194 6386
Copper M: 68.7/123 331 479 366 117 276 490 341 134 446 2980 276 485 146 338 141 282 533 380 330 2911 5891
Gold M: 65.3/117 W: 70.3/133 306 452 343 81 223 447 303 134 333 2622 242 450 123 312 141 247 489 348 261 2613 5235

Year Built 2000
Golf Season May 12 - Oct 16
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2000) Tom Lehman (2000) Dana Fry (2000)

Driving Range Yes, Hitting Balls From Grass
Bunker No
Golf Simulator No
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code No Denim, Collared Shirt And Bermuda Shorts Required

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Colorado (2016 #17)

Great location and layout

The course is challenging and beautifully laid out in the side of the mountain range. It is especially beautiful in September when the aspens are changing color. The holes have a great variety of contours, hazards and personality. The greens are difficult to hold your approaches due to their fitness and contour allowing a good approach to still end up off the green. None the less enjoy the course every time I play it.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/25/2018:
Hello, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the layout and continue to enjoy it each time during your visit. Thanks for choosing Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great views, friendly staff

I played the Raven for the first time with my son and we had a great time. The course is in ok shape for the end of the season, the fairways are in good condition but the greens could use some TLC. Several of them had places that definitely caused problems. The tee boxes that weren't being punched were good. There are several elevated tees which make you think about club selection and provided spectacular views. We will definitely be back.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/25/2018:
Hello Ben, thanks for the four stars! We are glad that you had a great time with us the other day. Thanks for your positive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

As I first pulled into the facility my impression was spot on to what I expected! The staff was friendly especially Remington he was very helpful and insured me that my experience was up to par! The course could be in better shape but I understood for the weather we have had in Colorado. Remington explained this before we teed off. It was a pleasure all the way around from the mountain views, to the long drops, and large greens. I would recommend this course to anyone that wants to play an incredible mountain course. I will look forward to seeing the course in better shape next season after a great winter!

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/17/2018:
Hello Jordan, thank you for the four stars! We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience from start to finish. Thanks for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Skip the Raven

Course is charging full price when the greens were very poor. Lots of damage and bald spots. Hit and hope.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/05/2018:
Hello Colin, we are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with us the other day. Your feedback is important to us.

Let Down

Being in the golf industry, I was terribly let down with my first experience at the Raven. While the course conditions were mainly due to weather, which I get being in the industry, the experience at the front desk is what really ruined the round. Remington was beyond rude and annoyed to even be dealing with us. We golfed on an extremely slow day and had asked to golf by ourselves seeing as the tee times after us were all open. He would not let us go alone and made us feel awful for even asking. He completely ruined our day before we even made it out on the golf course. The other staff we encountered were pleasant but we had heard stories about Remington before we even got up there and they were all true.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/17/2018:
Hello, we are sorry for your recent experience and we would like the opportunity to discuss how to make this right. Please contact General Manager Ryan Parr at rparr@ravenatthreepeaks.com.
Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/04/2018:
Hello Robert, we are sorry to hear that you did not find our greens in good shape. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/04/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars. We are sorry to hear that you found our greens in bad shape, but we hope that the rest of your experience was satisfactory.

Great layout, rough conditions, disappointing staff

Beautiful course with a great layout. Conditions were a little rough compared with others in the area that we played due to a tough winter last year...I can overlook that. The course played really well. I thought the staff had some really awesome people and some that were absolutely awful. The guys that grabbed our bags at the car and loaded everything up were amazing. The guy in the pro shop where I needed to pay acted like I was an inconvenience to him. The bartender and starter were awesome, as well. After the round, we wanted to have a drink and relax and were told about 4 times that a server would be right over on the patio, since we weren't allowed to sit inside because of Scooter McDoober and his keyboard playing smooth jazz hits for the members to stroll about the dance floor. A server never came. Staff friendliness gets a 3/5 because of the gents that grabbed our bags, the starter, and the bartender...otherwise, it'd be a 0.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/17/2018:
Hello Andy, thank you for the four stars. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our course layout, but we are sorry to hear that your staff experience fell short of satisfactory. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun Mountain Course

We were in Denver for a baseball trip weekend and wanted to play a mountain course so we drove out to The Raven. There were a couple greens and tee boxes in rough shape but it didn't tarnish our round, I thought it was still in good shape overall. We definitely got the mountain course experience and the course was a fun layout. Pretty much every hole was memorable with scenic views, especially loved the downhill holes 8 and 9. Rate of $109 at noon was fair I thought, but I wouldn't want to pay more than that to play again. Staff was all nice to us.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 09/13/2018:
Hello Mitch, thank you for the five stars! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our layout and a had an overall great time with us. Thanks for choosing Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks, and we hope to see you again soon.

Typical public trac

Other than the 5 1/4 hours, lumpy greens and almost as many rocks in the sand as sand it was ok. Actually a very nice layout, and nice folks working there, just not worth the $100+ fee.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/31/2018:
Hello, we are sorry to hear that you did not have the best time with us the other day. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Great scenery beautiful layout

Did an afternoon round and wow what great views and elevation changes. Best mountain course that I have played in years. Course is tough but fair and the greens were sandy with some bare patches on the greens but the views made it worth the price of admission.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/28/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time at Raven. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

This course is definitely one of the more beautiful courses to play in the Summit area. The poor condition rating is, I believe, temporary for this year. I spoke personally to the Super and as I understand it it has been a very dry year and their water rights are limited. Add that to a very harsh winter kill and you get a season of poor conditions. The course is worth playing even in its poor condition. The views and the lay out are like none other. Definitely a course you need to play once before good scores will come along. If you have an errant driver like I did that day it will play tough. All in all definitely worth the experience.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/28/2018:
Hello Jason, thank you for the four-star review! We appreciate your honest feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed the course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Course in nice condition given the fact that the lack of snow and rain has been an extreme problem. Obvious that the maintenance crew is working to make the course as nice as possible. Layout is excellent! Staff was pleasant and helpful!

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/21/2018:
Hello, thanks for the four stars! We are glad to hear that you noticed our staff's improvements to the course. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Course in decline

Fairways were in very rough shape. Cart paths were actually dangerous in spots. Greens were not nearly as good as in previous times on the course. Pace of play was awful. Have played many times but won’t be back.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/21/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with us the other day. We are unsure how the cart paths are dangerous. Hopefully with more detail we can clarify your concern.

Terrible shape

I have played this course many times in the past ten years - it has always benn in excellent shape and an excellent golf course - it has really gone to to the dogs no maintenance and no upkeep- shame it was a great course - won’t be back unless it changes

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/16/2018:
Hello, we are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. We are doing everything we can to get it back to optimal shape. We hope to see you again soon.

Slow Play bad conditions

5 hours for a round of golf is unacceptable

No ranger at all on the back 9

Waited every hole.

Course in poor condirion.

Greens are terrible.

Lunch service super slow too .although the waitress did warn us that it would be over 30 minutes to get a sandwich

Food just ok. Had the brussel sprout tacos

Good idea but needs a little more creativity

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/08/2018:
Hello, we are sorry to hear that your experience fell short of your expectations. Your feedback is important to us, and we hope to see you out there in the future.

Great layout

Conditions were good considering it is a high country course. Grass on greens was thin and with the inderlations the putting was challenging.

Be aware that use of driving range is free unless you are using a “hot deal” tee time in which event they charge $10.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/02/2018:
Hello, thank you for the four stars! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us the other day. Come back again soon!

I guess they didn’t have much snow this year but course not in good shape

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/01/2018:
Hello, we are sorry to hear that you found our course in subpar condition. The weather this year has affected the course, but it is still in satisfactory shape. Thanks for the feedback.

Poor Conditions

We have a group that comes up to play in the mountains for a few days. The Raven was a favorite two years ago. This year, it was in terrible condition. Greens, Fairways, Bunkers, Tee Boxes were all inconsistent. Something is wrong with how things are being managed. We were there on a Thursday and there was no maintenance person to be found. They say they are working on the irrigation, but we saw nobody. At the very least, they should have warned us about the conditions before we went out on the course. By the way, we played other courses and the conditions were all good to great.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 08/02/2018:
Hello Chuck, we are sorry to hear that your experience at Raven was subpar. Your feedback is important to us, and like we said we are fixing a few things around the course. We appreciate your patience.

Better than Expected Due to Several One Star Reviews

Beautiful mountains all around. Course in better condition than expected allowing for late opening due to severe winter and sever Spring and Early Summer drought conditions. Greens are puttable and in good condition with the exception of number 15 which is in the process of being resodded. Staff from cart boy to head professional friendly and helpful, working very hard to assure an enjoyable golf experience for their golfing patrons. The course is not easy but not to difficult as to discourage the average golfer. Give it a try and have a satisfying experience.

Response from Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks on 07/23/2018:
Hello, thank you for the awesome five-star review. We appreciate you clearing the air with our course conditions. We are happy that you had a great time out there and that you had a good experience with our staff. Thanks for stopping by, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Keystone, Colorado