Nestled within the Colorado Rockies, Grand Elk Golf Club in Granby, Colo. offers stunning mountain views from every hole. The course has a links-layout inspired by the inland golf courses of the British Isles. The low-lying vegetation and gently rolling terrain lend a heathland feel to the course. The fairways are wide and undulating and the large greens have ample contours as well. The layout has an interesting mix of holes with some that are straightforward and others that twist into tricky doglegs, but nearly all are flanked with sod-faced bunkers. There are more than 60 bunkers coming into play throughout Grand Elk Golf Club, and water hazards come into play on four holes. Besides just being a fun and challenging round, the magnificent views that stretch across the snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide are not to be missed.

Grand Elk Golf Club

Year Built 2002
Fairways Rye Grass
Golf Season May - October
Architect Tripp Davis (2002)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover
Dress code Proper Golf Attire - No Jeans

Good Golf

Could not be more pleased other than my score, loll, thank you!

Staff and Overall enjoyment at Grand Elk

We always enjoy being at Grand Elk. Whether it is Happy Hour, Dinner or playing golf, the staff is always so friendly and ready to help us. We have a place at Mountainside and we lots rather spend time at Grand Elk and play their course. Although that back 9 is very challenging,
The guy in the Pro Shop and young kid with the carts were extremely nice on Monday. It is just nice to go someplace and have people pleasant and ready to help anyway they can.
Last time we had dinner at Grand Elk, Head Pro Mike Ritter came by our table and chatted for a while. I have worked with him a few times in the past setting up a golf group to play at Grand Elk and he was the easiest Head Pro I have ever worked with for tournaments. No, I do not know Mike personally so this is really a unbiased review.

Excellent course

I was able to book a tee time that was not crowded so was able to play a fast game. Course was somewhat challenging but not overly so. I really enjoyed the electronic device on the golf cart, was fun to use and really helped my game. Was able to play twice and enjoyed both times.

Grand Elk is a good challenge. Beautiful scenery and it is a fair test of golf. Great staff,. Hightly Recommended. I'm a 2 and play the tips but you can move up and enjoy from any tee box.

Loved this course! Challenging but fair. The only complaint is finding your ball in the long grass is nearly impossible.

Will definitely play again

Great deal from Golf Now. 100 miles from University/ARAPAHOE area. Fun drive w colors changing. Course in great shape. Good layout. Couple of thin bunkers. Worth drive to play in mountains at a good price

Mountain golf, links style!

A challenging course that is a ton of fun to play. Because the course is spread out, you rarely wait, even on weekends.

Colo18

Course is not particularly for the average golfer. My wife had a lot of trouble as did the groups in front and behind. The greens are challenging as are a few forced carries. Pin placement was difficult.

I am a senior but still play fairly well and I enjoyed it but it was a challenge .

Beautiful course with mountain views

This is a beautiful course. Greens were in good condition considering it has been so hot and no rain. Ground crews are obviously doing a great job.
Fun course with many challenging holes. Love the GPS system in golf carts and they also have golf boards!

Great course for the money.

Greens were in excellent condition. Layout difficult, especially for first time players. Wind was up as usual which actually makes it more fun but hard. Back nine is tougher. Definitely worth the drive up to Granby from Denver.

dry, hardpan and brown

Unfortunately watering restrictions have turned Grand Elk into a brown, hard unpleasing course.
-fairways and tees are >50% hard and brown.
-greens are still OK, but not soft and not holding shots.
-watch out for daily afternoon winds that howl.
-with all the wind, mounds, slopes and tall grass lining every hole, balls bound into the tall grass never to be found way too often.
This is the first time I've ever thought about asking for my money back.
Wait to play here until the area gets a lot of rain or they cut greens fees 50%.
Its too bad because its a nice links style course (not a tree on the whole 18) and not crowded, but now is not fun.

Great views, a little dry

The course was fun and not a bad layout. Had some tough holes especially with the wind blowing fairly hard. I’ve never played it before but it seemed like it was probably a lot drier than normal. Fairways and rough were burnt out in many areas. The greens weren’t extremely fast but were in nice shape and rolled true. Can definitely hit a lot of bump and runs here. The course was constructed mostly in the grasslands so there weren’t really any trees and didn’t quite feel like a mountain course besides the fact that there were great views of mountains in all directions. I think the price was a little steep for the conditions but I would say when that course is in better shape it’s worth the money. They also have the golfboard which looks like a lot of fun. It’s more expensive than a cart but I might come back just to ride one of those. Overall, good course but would rather spend my money at Pole Creek if I’m ever back in the area.

For early season course was in excellent condition.

The course and weather were excellent. Range was included. The greens were fir
m but receptive to most shots. Surprisingly there was low play which gave us a leisure round. Rough was anywhere from unfindable to sparse cover.
Only drawback was the unfriendliness of the staff at check-in. Didn't believe that I had payed for the round of golf thru GolfNow. He wasn't going to let us rent a cart for a couple of people in our group that were not going to play. After giving us nothing but grief he finally admitted that they were having computer problems.
I will not recommend the course to my friends and family as long as that person is employed there. He ruined the enjoyment of golfing a new course on our vacation.

Grand Elk was designed with the golfer in mind.
Back tees will challenge the best golfers. The mid tees
give the average golfer a chance to post a good score.
That is if you can keep your eyes on the course and not on the beautiful views around the course.
A must for any golfer who comes to Colo.

Mountain Golf at it's finest

This course was so much fun to play in spite of some challenging holes on the back nine. They have great new carts with modern GPS. And a friendly bar and grill at the clubhouse. I highly recommend this course.

The good, the bad, the ugly..

Good:
Nice fairways, nice range, nice clubhouse.
Bad:
Poorly maintained sand traps, slow greens,
Ugly:
No starter, No marshals, totally random pace, staff that doesn't listen.
Specifically: After being assured the group I was supposed to play with had checked in and on the tee at my allotted time, I found one elderly gentleman who told me he didn't have a tee time and was just going to 'play a couple of holes.' After I returned to the clubhouse, and invited another gentlemen to join me, went out as a twosome. The pace was terrible on the front, waited on every hole as the elderly gentleman's couple of holes turned out to be the whole front!
On making the turn, we see a foursome 'appear' in front of us. Called the pro shop to ask the status, and next thing, a person from the pro shop drives by to the other group and asks them to let us play through. Turns out it was a group that was several holes in front of us on the front, though you could scarcely tell as we were so far out of position, and they were playing a reasonable pace. I felt pretty terrible the rest of the round because the pro shop had harassed a foursome just because I was asked about pace. They didn't handle that well. Then the icing on top, after a warm day, and driving an hour to the course, I was hoping to clean up. Whereupon I was 'informed' that the locker room facilities were for members only. So, hot, sweaty, and unhappy I left. I won't be back.

Incredible experience!

I was promptly greeted by the outside service staff. They nearly opened the door of my car for me! I was escorted to the golf shop where I was greeted by a friendly golf shop attendant. The tee sheet was very full and you would think it to be difficult to get your cart and get checked in . However you could hardly tell because of the high quality of service. I grabbed a breakfast burrito and coffee and i was off to the range for all you could hit balls. I used the golf boards that they rent and had SO MUCH FUN!!!! The pace of play on a friday was great. I felt like i didn't wait to hit a shot all day. The GPS was very helpful for some of the blind shots and distances. Course conditions were as expected for this kind of club. Bunkers were raked, greens were true and fast, TEE,FAIRWAY conditions immaculate. Rough lines were firm but that is a links style club. I had lunch at the Grille and it was high quality food. The ruben sandwich was killer and the beer ice cold. Service was top notch and waitresses were easy on the eyes. What a GREAT day on the links

I will be back!!!!!!!!