Type Semi-Private/Resort

Although Belmont Hills Golf Club (formerly known as the Belmont Golf and Country Club.) opened in 1923, it has not always been the same course as it stands today. The original layout was largely featureless and so it was decided to completely redesign the golf course in 2002. The renovation was the most extensive golf course rebuilding project in the Bahamas. The new design includes fast, multi-tiered greens, tight fairways, and plenty of strategic bunkering. On the back nine there is a million-gallon lake that provides challenging water hazards. The changes made Belmont Hills Golf Club more exciting with a layout that favors accuracy over strength. The course also offers scenic views of Hamilton Harbor and the Great Sound.

Belmont Hills Golf & Country Club

Year Built 1923
Fairways 419 Bermuda Grass
Greens Tiff Eagle Bermuda Grass
Architect Algie Pulley (2002) Devereux Emmet (1923)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Dress code Proper golf attire

Overpriced and run down

Thankfully only paid $59 per person to play as it wasn’t worth that. They also ripped us off for club rentals at another $50 per person.

Rental clubs were awful - very very old and a mix of women and men’s in my bag.

No practice facility.

Course is well laid out but condition is not good. Described to me as a goat track and that was a fair assessment. Fairways incredibly patchy and greens were very inconsistent pace.

Relatively narrow and pretty short.

If you have your own clubs and can get on for cheap it’s only ok. Don’t pay the full price as it is not worth it.

Great time

I enjoyed this course very much. The greens are a little bumpy due to aeration, but better than most of the courses I play in NJ. The layout is very fair but challenging. Some holes provide great views of the sound and all are aesthetically pleasing. The one thing that really detracted from my day was the cart path only rule. I think it was unnecessary and very annoying. It results in slower play and aggravation. The staff was very friendly and we had a good meal afterwards. Thank you for a great time.

Amazing!

The weather was perfect, the staff was very friendly and also the golf course is in a perfect condition!

quit after 12 holes

I arrived around 8:30am for a 9 am tee time and was sent off the back nine as a single. I breezed along and enjoyed the course alot. I set out on the front nine and caught a threesome on the second hole. They graciously let me play through. I then caught up to a foursome on four and they informed me they were part of a senior residents tournament and there were five groups ahead of them. I waited 20 minutes to play the fourth hole and quit. I have no idea why the pro shop sent me off the back knowing they had a tournament that I was sure to run into. I mentioned it to them and they offered to let me play at another time, however I was leaving that afternoon on a cruise ship and unable to accept.

why start me on the back nine?

I was sent off the back nine as a single player riding and breezed along fairly quickly without necessarily rushing. I made the turn and on the third hole caught up to a senior resident tournament consisting of six foursomes. After waiting for 20 minutes to play the third hole I gave up and headed in. Had I started on the first hole I would have been on the back nine before the tournament started and would have played all 18 holes instead of 12. I mentioned it to the pro shop staff and they apologized but said the course was busy that day. They asked if I would be able to play another time but I was on my last day of a cruise and obviously couldn't accept. I still don't get the logic of sending me off the back knowing a tournament was scheduled that morning. What I saw of the course was somewhat interesting albeit fairly easy.

Good warmup good value

On my recent trip to Bermuda, I decided to play Belmont Hills first. I got a great hot deal rate and an early tee time. When I got to the course I found three dozen senior golfers waiting to start a shotgun outing. I was worried this was going to be a 5 hour round. Fortunately, the starter grabbed me and drove me directly out to the 3rd hole to get ahead of the outing. I only encountered one other elderly twosome who happily let me play through. Everyone was super friendly including the grounds crew. On the fourth or fifth hole there was a local selling used golf balls for great prices. Like 3 ProVs for $5! I didn’t need any, but now I know for the future.

As for the course, it was narrow and the layout presented a fair challenge. The greens were a little slow, but it had rained the day before. I over-read a lot of greens, I definitely was overthinking putts that should have been played straight up. In fact, the entire course can be played straight up. Every time I tried to cut a corner or get too cute with a shot, I was punished. Had I just kept the ball in the obvious safe places I could have saved a few strokes.

Ultimately, this course is a great warm up if you are going to play Port Royal or Mid Ocean club.

Another lovely day out

Some parts of the course are in need of attention - for instance the bunker sand is hard and compressed, but the greens are in great condition and it's a fun place to play.

Most enjoyable

My wife plays holiday golf and this is just the kind of course and conditions which she really enjoys. Good pace of play and good fun.

Plays Twice a year

not nice

Nice Layout but terrible conditions and cart paths only staff at baggage drop and clean clubs call me a taxi before I got done was fantastic

I'm a member, but purchased a round for my son. It's a good course for all skill levels, but it desperately needs watering. Everything is very dry at this time, so it's hard to find grass to place your ball on. All of the grass is very yellow and dry.

A bit narrow

This is a fun, picturesque course, but be forewarned , it has many narrow fairways.
Undulating greens are a fun challeng. Bring your A game but B,C, and D players will have a great time.

Short, quirky as all get-out and picturesque

Belmont Hills is one of Bermuda's five 18-hole layouts. Of the four that play to a par of 70 or more (i.e. excluding Turtle Hill, the 18-hole par-3 layout at the Fairmont Southampton) it is the shortest and most idiosyncratic on the island. The scorecard lists the yardage at 6,100 yards, but don't be fooled - many back tee yardages don't exist, and the course plays more like 5,700 yards. With small greens and some significant elevation changes, though, it has its challenges - the terrifying tee shot on the second hole needs to be seen to be believed. And its charms, too, especially in the form of some splendid views of the Great Sound from the tee of the drop-shot par-3 17th.

This course was in good shape and the staff was extremely friendly. Only issue was that the course was cart path only. This wasn't a huge issue as some of the fairways are very narrow, but it can cause issues for some of the longer holes. Pace of play was excellent andif you are able to get one of the hot deals on golfnow you cannot beat the value.

Must Play

Challenging course with small greens. Must play for accuracy and ball placement. Greens are in good shape. Not much water but still a challenging and fun to play course. Every time I go to Bermuda I will make sure I play Belmont Hills.

Southampton, Bermuda
Devonshire, Bermuda
Southampton, Bermuda
Tuckers Town, Bermuda
Tuckers Town, Bermuda

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.