Slope N/A
Rating N/A

The dramatic elevation changes are one of the most interesting features of Fairmont Turtle Hill Golf Club. Golfers are quickly introduced to the rolling landscape with a 200-foot drop off on the first two holes. There are plenty of other challenges as well, including two water hazards and numerous strategically placed bunkers. In combination with the strong Atlantic winds, this golf course has occasionally forced golfers to use every club in their bag. Three sets of tees, most elevated, provide golfing options for golfers of all skill levels. Fairmont Turtle Hill Golf Club offers excellent practice for some of Bermuda's longer courses.
Formerly known as Fairmont Southampton Golf Club.

Fairmont Turtle Hill Golf Club

Year Built 1964

Dress code Proper golf attire and shoes are preferred.

Spa

Available Sports

Minigolf, Tennis

Great course, great shape. great staff, plus fabulous views !!
Start with a 200 foot elevation change in the first two holes then the next two return to the starting elevation. Add in a bit of wind and club selection is anything but standard yardage. Do not let the par 3 score card fool you, After a round sit in the bar above the pro shop we sat there one day and watched the greens on 1, 9, and 10 while 40 golfers teed off slight wind and less than 10 balls hit the greens. Lots of practice for your wedges, enjoy .

Weird Twist

I have played Turtle Hill golf course many times and have found it an enjoyable test of golf. This time the greens where not up to par (no pun intended). One real problem was the course let 6 kids out on the back nine kicking soccer balls in front of us. These kids were undisciplined and showed no respect. They talked when i was on the tee, kicked balls across the greens and failed to rake bunkers. If the course wishes to let kids out to do this activity, they should do so under better supervision and have the kids move along instead of randomly kick the balls all over the place. If the idea is that kids learn soccer, they should do so at a soccer filed, not a golf course.

Fantastic course!

Great little Par 3 that was exceptionally manicured and gorgeously laid out. Some of the holes and greens are tight to one another, but overall it was well done. We had an absolutely lovely time and cannot even imagine walking this course - thank goodness for power carts! The greens were nicely manicured - a bit dry, but overall would highly recommend this for a quick round and a nice place to play on holiday.

Beautiful course

Rental clubs a disgrace
Old Taylor Made very worn grips and beat up mixed matched clubs
$40 rip off

Fantastic!

When I arrived for my round I noticed that the greens had just been aerated. I spoke to the person at the desk, and she told me the greens are still very playable but she would call another course for me if I want. She got me a tee time at Port Royal. Scott, the Pro, overheard and offered to take me to see the condition up close. We went out to #1 and I saw that the green was a little sandy but still smooth. Scott explained that they would roll a little slower but still very playable. I wasn’t going to get another opportunity to play it, so I decided to play. The course was fantastic and the aeration did not bother me. Had a great time. Thanks Scott. The restaurant also is great.

Great time. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Beautiful and well kept course

Always great to play and if you can pick up a cheaper deal then even better.

N Y N J Advisor

Fun course with gorgeous views

I'm rating this with the understanding that it is a par-3 course. The setting alone makes the course memorable. The holes are well-done. Interesting green contours and good bunkering. There are severe elevation changes, both uphill and downhill. Walking is not really feasible. The lengths vary enough to give you a few chances to hit hybrid or long-iron. Overall, it is a fun couple of hours of legitimate par-3 golf in a beautiful setting.

Great views, great course

I can't believe I waited so long to play this course. The views are amazing and the golf is a bit of a challenge, with some heavily guarded greens. But overall a really enjoyable experience.

Fun and Challenging

This course is so much fun and very challenging. The scenery is amazing, and it was nice to play on Bermuda grass in Bermuda for the first time in my life. Every hole has an elevation change and wind that you must take into consideration. I enjoyed the fact that club selection wasn’t as easy as just taking the yardage into consideration. Just the elevation changes alone made a 1-2 club difference up or down on nearly every hole. A must play if you stay at the Fairmont, as you can walk to the clubhouse from the hotel. Will play here again if I get the chance.

Should be regular golf course instead

Course conditions are great and well maintained.

The only issues that are too many ups & downs for seniors.

Regards,

Great Par 3

The course is pricey but for an island in the middle of the ocean what can you expect. The course was in great shape except for the tee boxes that showed a lot of iron divots. Greens were in great shape.

This course had tons of elevation changes and lots of wind, that and using rental clubs made it very hard to judge distances and shot strengths. Being a par 3, it had a lot of variety on the holes. We only played once on our vacation, but I can imagine this being a great warm up course for the other full courses on the island.

My wife (beginner) and I started with the back 9 and completed the round in about 2 1/2 hours. We did not have any holes where we had to wait; great for a Sunday morning.

Pricey Par 3 but worth playing

At $90 even while staying at the Fairmont Resort that owns it, the value is average, but the course is spectacular for a par three track.

The pro shop was well stocked, the staff super friendly and the course in meticulous shape. Certainly worth playing to sharpen your iron and wedge game before playing one of the big boy courses on the island. Also helped to adjust my game to the wind conditions I will experience at some other courses.

All in all, I played 18 challenging holes in just over two hours and had a great time.

Best par 3

Best par 3 on Bermuda and the best we have playednywhere. The views of the ocean are breath taking.
The course is in great condition

A solid workout for your irons

Turtle Hill was actually the first 18-hole par-3 course I've ever played, and I consider it a strong introduction to that particular golf course genre. On "big" courses, par threes can add a great deal of variety and personality to the experience. Due to a relatively small land footprint, Turtle Hill takes that notion quite far. Holes like the long, uphill 4th and the tricky 17th standout for their architectural merit, and many other tests drop a couple stories or more from tee to green, giving the golfer beautiful southerly views and extra hangtime on his or her shots. The stately Fairmont Southampton lords over the course and is visible throughout the round.

Warwick, Bermuda