Located on the shorefront of Southampton Parish, the Port Royal Golf Course is one of the most frequented public golf courses in Bermuda and it is even known as being one of Jack Nicklaus' favorites. Robert Trent Jones designed this 18-hole course, which hosts the Bermuda Open Championship every year. Doglegs and wind are just some of the factors that will challenge golfers on this course. The signature hole is the scenic and rather infamous 16th, situated precariously atop craggy cliffs that overlook the Atlantic Ocean. The hole requires a nearly perfect shot in order to reach the green. Port Royal Golf Course has garnered such a following that some golfers reserve starting time a year in advance.

Port Royal Golf Club

Year Built 1970
Greens TifEagle Grass

Golf School Academy Yes - "Port Royal Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard and American Express accepted
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Walking Allowed Yes, except before 2 pm on weekends.
Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Jeans, beach wear, track suits and T-shirts without collars are all considered inappropriate

Plays Long 14
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 19

Greens were difficult because they were top dressed. Facility is limited, carts are in less than fair condition.

A must play in Bermuda!!!

Great course. Stay out of the rough. I keep coming back to this course each time I go. I started playing this course in 2005 and will continue to play. I just love hole # 16. It is so much fun!!!!

Good day of golf

It is such a great lay out. I have played a few times but not for a year. Definitely going back

Perfection

The course was in perfect condition, with challenging play and amazing views. Cannot go wrong here, and the staff is friendly and goes above and beyond.

Only recommendation would be to bring your own clubs and shoes as the rental equipment was more warn than I would expect from such a first class facility.

Awesome golf course

A must play golf course when visiting Bermuda. The course is very challenging and the scenery will take your breath away. Staffs are very friendly and helpful from the moment you arrive until the end of your round.
Great time and will be sure to visit again.

Pierre Ottawa Ontario

Good golf..

We booked tee time thru a golfnow hot deal; $90 each. Were in bermuda from a cruise ship, so went via taxis on our own(abt $30 each way, includind tip). Course was in very good shape. Not crowded. Maybe that was because it was cloudy with some sprinkles around. But we had fun.
Ate lunch there after, which was very good. Very friendly staff too.

Always a treat playing Port Royal GC

Course was in great shape! Fairways were like carpet and course had a great open feel to it. Greens were a little slower than normal but overall the experience was fantastic.

great views

Course is challenging, in great condition - a real treat to play

Great Course with Amazing Views

I came back to this course because it is fun to play, plus the views of the ocean are top notch. Though it has an open layout, I found a lot of rough and bunkers during my round. The course provides short and long holes giving all abilities a challenge. The course was dry, but in great shape. The greens rolled well and thankfully, so did my putts. I will come back!

Great golf course, stunning views

Highly recommend this place, lots of interesting and challenging holes. All of them have something going on whether its a lake, out of bounds, bunkers or the atlantic ocean. Greens are excellent.

Good value considering this is bermuda and the rates include a cart (which you will want, its hot and the course is fairly hilly).

Good Course, fun to play

Good course, with lots of elevation changes and water views from many holes. Condition was generally very good, although some greens had some rough spots. Play the right tees, and I think you'll enjoy it.

Port Royal -Grand Time

my friend and i actually played twice at Port Royal.
Day 1 we played late morning to afternoon, it was Bermuda hot, but we endured. Course was great. Our handicaps are about 20 each, we played from the whites, which for us was a good choice. The wind coming off the ocean on the par 3s was a challenge, you really had to think about what club to use. We came in on a cruise ship, the staff was very accomodating in getting us a taxi to get back to the ship.
Day 2 -played from the whites again in early morning, temperature much better, but the winds were again a challenge at the par 3s and refreshing.
Only downside- refreshment cart on the course was not dependable

Great golf experience

Pricey, but a great course. Beautiful views, good layout, super nice staff.

It is a must play...

It is real simple, if you go to Bermuda to play golf Port Royal has to be front and center on your list. The course is beautiful, the pace is great and the views especially starting on the 7th green are breathtaking. What slows down play the most is people taking photos from all the amazing vantage points. The 16th hole has few equals and definitely is worth playing an extra tee shot. The staff is great and they meet us at the 18th hole each day to tell us they had a cab ready for us whenever we wanted to leave, now that is service. We played multiple days and would have been happy to go every day.

Port Royal

Spectacular views and course was in very good shape with reasonable green speeds.

PGA Course

This is my second time playing this course was a challenge but still shot 76 and love every minute of this course.The views are so incredible and the course
layout is fit for a king. Next time in Bermuda will play this course twice. Oh by the way I birdie the famous 16 th hole by the ocean 8 iron with a 15 ft putt that made mine day. Thank you Port Royal I"ll be back!!

Spectacular Views

Starting with the very friendly and helpful staff, this course was a wonderful place to play. The views from the hilltops were spectacular. Even with taking many photos, the pace of play was good - 4 hours. Cart girl seemed to be there every third hole or so to ensure we had the refreshments we needed. Although the greens were showing a bit of stress from the lack of rain, overall the course was in very good shape. The range was excellent except for the some weathered golf balls. This is exactly what a destination golf course should be. When back in Bermuda I would definitely play it again. We used golfnow.com to make our tee time.

Very very picturesque course

I'm a 17 handicap. Played this course while in bermuda on vacation. Played by myself in the afternoon and finished in 2 ans 1/2 hours. The course is very challenging and pretty. Lots of hills and up and downs. Starting on the 8th hole you see the ocean on virtually every remaining hole. Need good drives to avoid bunkers. The 11th hole has a significant drop to the green. On 15 you hit blindly over trees to landing area. There is what's left of an old concrete fort that's on the hole as well.
On 16 you hit over the water and a ravine to a small green. 17 you see ocean everywhere.
I thoroughly enjoyed the course The only negative was a small pro shop and no real 19th hole that I saw.
I played it 2x as I enjoyed it that much