Style Parkland

Formerly known as The Roxburghe Hotel and Golf Course.

The Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course

Year Built 1995
Architect Dave Thomas (1995)

Carts Yes - £30
Pull-carts Yes - £5

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Metal Spikes Allowed No, rental shoes

Unfortunately I did not enjoy my time here at Roxburghe, although the course, scenes and facilities were great, the pace of place around this course was painful, I seen a group tee off whilst I was on their putting green, which was an hour before my tee time, and no one else followed, I was happy about this as it was my first time playing and thought I’d have a great round going at my own pace without anyone in front or behind, this was short lived, I caught said group at the 5th hole, and didn’t allow me through until teeing off at the 10th! I almost walked off at the 9th, thankfully the club has benches on near enough every tee box, because I was waiting around that long, so as I finally got past this group and approaching close to 3hours to do 10 holes, 2 holes later I again got caught behind a 3 ball and again took a seat in wait, at this stage on my round I was fed up of waiting and was cautious of time as I had an hours drive back to where I was staying, and decided to walk off the course, something I have never ever done in all my years playing golf, so for the £30 I paid for this track was really not worth the money or the drive, maybe the basic etiquette of golf doesn’t apply at this club? Either way I won’t be putting this on the list of courses for a return visit, I dread to think what it’s like on a nice sunny day, you’d be best taking a picnic basket and camping chairs rather than your golf clubs, shame really as it was a fairly challenging track with some nice holes, just unfortunately not worth paying it a visit for the time you wait at each tee.

Enjoyed our game

My wife and I played this course and we enjoyed the course. We were surprised how quite it was. Course in good condition and staff were very helpful

Roger and Rosie's golf day.

The course is a must play, condition of course is fantastic and the staff friendly and helpfull.

The best course in the Border's

Played this course with my wife, course was quiet so pace was good. Condition of course was wonderful green's although recovering from maitenance were putting really good. Nice wind to make it a true test, can't say enough about this course, i try to play it at least once a year if not more as it's a good distance away. Staff could not have been more helpful so a plus there as well, will return.

Challenge duly met

A challenging parkland type course with tee choices to suit all. Breathtaking "Borders" scenery and excellent service from friendly staff. Greens, including practice area, were a bit "bobbly" after recent maintenance though perhaps it was the standard of our putting! All in all it was thoroughly enjoyable and is highly recommended.

Best looking course we've played

The look from the tee on almost every hole is fantastic' very picturesque.
The greens could have been a little better' and if they were i would give this course a 10/10'... pace of play was a little slow but will 100% play here again' if we pass by that way in the future.

Great layout with some stunning backdrops

Played with my wife and we hired a buggy. Pace of play was very good until we caught up with some ladies fourballs for the last five holes. They were in a match but the delay was not a problem.

Very friendly staff in the pro shop and bar with excellent food.
Great course in very good condition with some beautiful holes. The 14th is almost worth the green fee alone. Would definitely play again.

Quality all round

This is the third time I’ve played this course. The first two were in November and recently this month. Blown away at the quality/condition of the course in the winter months. The greens in winter would rival any course during the peak season, scary to think how good they’d be in the summer. No mats or winter tees required, fairways and bunkers in great condition and well looked after. If it was closer to Edinburgh I’d join in a heartbeat.

Aim is play this course again in the summer, going by how good it is in the winter, it will be a real treat.

Pro shop and bar service was great and very welcoming. Will definitely be back.

Amazing

Absolutely stunning, would recommend this to any golfer. Course layout was challenging, but this made it more interesting. Condition was fantastic. Would return again!

Improving gem

Considering most courses in the orders are mud bound this corse is in excellent condition, dry underfoot , greens quick and no casual water or mud despite recent rain, Dave Thomas mustbe happy. This course get better and also tougher although the rough is cutdown for winter, Thoroughly recommend excellent value

Layout of course

A great course with some really challenging holes long par threes and par fives fantastic scenery but it’s a good walk for the older golfer (take a buggy
Course was in good condition for time of year and greens were surprisingly fast all in all a great day out and I’ll be back

Great golfing holes

Good test of golf..good interesting holes well managed amongst beautiful countryside

afternoon 4 ball

booked through Tee off times very easy.
course was brilliant, good bit of walking between some tees,6.500 off the yellows so its not a short course,great afternoon out in lovely surroundings..

Beautiful Day but Unforgiving Rough

This was a return trip for me to this course. It was in immaculate condition. The greens were fast and true. The fairways manicured, the bunkers sand soft, but the rough- grass two and half feet high and the rest. I know one is not supposed to get in there but it would be good to have a fighting chance to finding the ball. Hole position maps at each tee would be a bonus, as would be a map of each hole. Ok you can always buy the course guide but I have played on many courses now where a map at the tee is standard.
I think that a course "parkie" would be a useful addition to keep the speed of play at a reasonable pace. We took 4 hours and 10 minutes for 18 holes which is not outrageous but there were times where we were waiiting because of several four balls hunting for balls in the rough!!
All in all a great days golf and i will be back.

Superb course

Always a great course to play , long and challenging, only downside was the greens being dressed after being hollow tined made the greens slow but like all courses this time of year a little grass growth is needed.

Superb day out

The course was in great condition considering the weather we have endured over the last couple of months. The green were excellent. After golf we enjoyed a coffee and a great bacon roll.

Championship course

This is a proper championship course. Super conditions for the middle of february. Full course open with some memorable holes. Highly recommended.

Best Course in the Borders

Rained very heavy the previous day but the course was in fantastic condition. This is a must play course for any golfer. One off the best courses you will ever play. Good mixture of holes and not two the same.

Kelso, Roxburghshire