SilverRock Golf Course Resort

Year Built 2005
Golf Season Year Round
Architect Arnold Palmer (2005)

Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, MC, AMEX
Dress code Proper golf attire must be worn at all times. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Men's shirts must have collars and sleeves.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2016 #23)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 52

all that and more

a friend recommended this course and it was all that and more than they said

Commented on 12/03/2019

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at SilverRock Resort. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Must play!

Great golf course. Incredible views on almost every hole. Better play before the hotel gets built and it gets really expensive!

Commented on 11/22/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing SilverRock Resort.

Friendly staff in the pro shop. Challenging course in great condition. Construction around the course did not interfere much. Greens were also in good condition and the ball ran true.
Due to the time of year , cart path only is an issue if you dont keep the ball on the fairway. It adds time to the round. I’m sure when all the construction is done and new pro shop built it will be even better. Yes I would play this course again.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at SilverRock Resort. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

excellent layout

Major negative was the tee times were messed up for me and most of the other people I played with and in the groups around us. Not great customer service, the person I was playing with tried to but a sandwich on the course and was told "we're not Subway"
The course is excellent, very difficult and really need to play here once or twice to get a good feel for what to do on various holes. Course is in the middle of a huge construction project and has the feeling of "not ready for prime time". Still worth playing.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing SilverRock Resort.

SilverRock lives up to the hype

If you can only play 1 course while in the desert.....make it SilverRock. Outstanding conditions and layout. Greens are true and fairways user friendly but this course enjoys one of the best views tucked up close to the mountains. I’ve played this several times and each time I am amazed and feel I’m Getting more than my Money’s worth. Thx again for a wonderful round.

Commented on 11/14/2019

Outstanding! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing SilverRock Resort.

It's Ok

The course is an average to above average layout in average shape. The greens are very slow with no break. This should be about an $80/round golf course. It's ok, but not excellent. I'd recommend playing it at least once to get rid of the curiosity and then not go back.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at SilverRock Resort!

Great day at the Rock

First day open after overseeing and was in great shape. Yes cart path only but is expected. Pace of play was 4 hrs 20 mins very acceptable for cart paths. Did not wait at all round moved along really well. Fairways in good shape but still young, greens in very good shape and good speed for this early.

Staff very friendly from the moment you arrive, pro shop very good and throughout the day on the course.
Look forward to returning to play again!

Great day thanks

Commented on 11/06/2019

First TimeMarv

This was the first time playing Silver Rock. Every hole was different and challenging. The views were spectacular, even though there was construction going on around the course. I would put this course on my must play list.

Commented on 10/03/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your first time playing our course and we hope to see you again very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing SilverRock Resort.

Commented on 09/30/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at SilverRock Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Love Silverrock

This is the second time I’ve played Silverrock and it was another fun round (even if I didn’t play particularly well). The course is in good summer condition. Greens were definitely slow, but it comes with the territory this time of year, and I think they recently did some work on them, so they are still getting back in shape. First out today, so pace of play was not an issue. I was in more bunkers than I would have liked, but they were all in good shape (even if my game wasn’t). There are cheaper options around but you can’t go wrong with Silverrock, so I would definitely recommend a visit if you haven’t tried, or are looking for a course in good summer shape.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing SilverRock Resort.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Another Beautiful Course

It's the first time I played this course. Another beauty in La Quinta. Great value for the money - with cart, range balls and free replay. Great course layout particularly on the back nine which have great scenery. Friendly staff too. The course has a good amount out difficulty with water hazards too. The GPS was a great tool for placing shots. Well placed bunkers but the greens were a little bumpy.
I was able to replay the back nine after my round because the temperature was rising fast. I was able to see a family of rams grazing in one of the fairways. By the end, it was already 115-degrees F. It was fun though. Hope to play this course again in the future.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing SilverRock Resort.

California Advisor

SilverRock

Rode the Blues (70.6/129/6313) with 140ver. We played 36 holes in slightly more than 7H total using UP. The weather was around 115, sunny with a little breeze.

VERY disappointing to pull in and see that they had just sanded and punched their greens. No prior notice on GK or when I was here last week. The gals in the pro shop made sure that we knew when checking in but by this time we were already committed.

Bermuda tees had some bad places due to the heat but where they put the markers were mostly decent.

Bermuda fairways are getting worse with every visit due to the heat. More and larger hardpan areas than last week.

Bermuda rough has some hardpan areas as well but plays mostly good.

Sand traps are almost always good here, and today was not an exception.

What can you say about Bermuda greens 1 day after being punched and sanded? They actually putted better than you would expect after you got the speed down. You had to be very careful with downhillers because they is little grass to stop the ball with the sand so thick.

Quick efficient check-in and the cart staff is always exceptional here. No starter, Marshall or Drink cart today. There were probably less players playing than I have ever seen @ SilverRock with the combination of 115 and punched/sanded greens. Stay away fpr about 3 weeks would be my recomendation so the greens can get back to normal.

Commented on 08/16/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing SilverRock Resort.

California Advisor

SilverRock

Rode the Blues (6313/70.6/129) in less than 3H twilight. The weather was clear and around 115 with a little breeze.

Beautiful, fun Palmer layout featuring large, deep sand traps, wide fairways and huge greens. Several lakes and numerous other holes with lateral water hazards also come promiently into play.

The cart barn has been moved to the other side of the pro shop and the all grass driving range cut back by at least 50% since my last visit here. The old practice putting green before the driving range is gone and there is a new practice short game area on the far side of the smaller driving range.

The Bermuda tees were mostly lush/level and nice to play from. Several have some bare spots that look bad but with proper tee placement does not affect play.

The Bermuda fairways were 90% lush and 10% hardpan, with nothing in between. There are fairly significant areas of hardpan from the heat.

The Bermuda rough is mostly lush and mowed low. Not penal, playing longer clubs is a viable option.

The sand traps are nicely maintained with fine, good quality sand. The many waste bunkers are firmer and less maintained.

The large Bermuda greens putted medium fast, smooth for Bermuda and are very firm. Few ball marks but because of the firmness, everything runs out. They have recently resodded #16 green, it putted much better than it looked.

Currently scruffy around the edges with the recent heat wave. However, still one of my favorite layouts in the Palm Springs area. Recommended.

Commented on 08/07/2019

Beautiful Golf Course

SliverRock is a very challenging golf course. This was the second time I played it and after playing it several more times and remembering how to play each hole will really help. I know that I will play it better each time I play it. The traps are a real challenge and learning where to place your shot is the key. You hit your ball in the wrong direction the wrong spot, good luck. I really enjoy this course even though it can knock me to my knees. The course was in good condition for July in the desert. It will be in EXCELLENT condition this fall.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing SilverRock Resort.

Some experience

This was my first time playing this course and it will not be my last. One of the best in the desert for layout, challenge and strategic shots. One of my favorites

Commented on 08/01/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing SilverRock Resort.

Silver rock slow play

We had the 3rd tee time in the summer. Play is supposed to be 4 hours or faster and it took us 4.5 hours to play with a SLOW group in front of us and they wouldn’t let us play thru.

Commented on 07/31/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 07/19/2019

Commented on 07/11/2019

Awesome! Thank you for visiting us at SilverRock Resort. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

4.4420058824