Type Private

Offering inspiring views of Aberdeen and Aberdeen Airport, Auchmill Golf Club is a municipal golf course with a world-class pedigree. Originally built in the early 1970s as a nine-hole course and later extended to a full 18, Auchmill was designed by the triumvirate of Brian Hugget, Neil Coles and Roger Dyer, meaning the course was laid out with the experience of a top golf course architect (Dyer), a former Ryder Club player (Coles) and a known British pro (Hugget).

Auchmill was designed to take advantage of its unique topography, meaning golfers will be challenged by a variety of lies andinteresting hole placements. Four par 5s will have long hitters reaching for their big guns, while tricky par 3s and challenging par 4s will have golfers of all levels working to put down a good score.

This wooded parkland course that plays to nearly 6,000 yards will not just give you interesting holes that are aptly and cunningly named - like "The Frog" and "The Quarry" - but it will also give players a great golfing experience for their money. With green fees ranging from £15 to £20, Auchmill Golf Club offers golfers a great golfing experience without denting their wallet.

Auchmill Golf Club

Year Built 1975

Single Allowed Yes
Dress code Proper Attire Required

Good Condition and some nice holes

Had the course to myself. A little signage would have been helpful for getting into the clubhouse to get card and confirm booking. Enjoyed playing the course some very nice holes and it was in pretty good condition. The greens were running well. Great value for the golf now price. Would like to play it again.

Has more potential

On arrival I was treated by friendly staff, through out the game the play was nice and relaxed.
I booked onto this course as I was told of some challenging and interesting holes and it didn't disappoint. Some wicked dog legs (get them wrong the course will bite you! ) with the 12th and 13th (I think it was) not on GPS, so making it interesting. As previous comments the elevation is spectacular, it's an experience.
The fairways were in good shape, greens were kept well, some of the bunkers were in need of repair and the roughs are on the long side to what I'm used too, didnt spoil my game too much. For the £11.00 I paid it was well worth it. The main issue on this course for me was the road to the club house, its in desperate need of repair.
Overall I think a little investment on the course and modernisation of the clubhouse this has the potential to be a great course and considering becoming a member to support the club.

Great value and enjoyable round

First time playing the course and only the third time playing Scottish golf. The course didn't disappoint. The greens were slower than I'm accustomed to playing, but they rolled well, and the slight slopes made green reading challenging but fair. There is no pro shop at this course, but the extremely nice lady at the lounge who I spoke with prior to arriving had a partial set of clubs for me to borrow. The pace of play was great; I never felt rushed and when I came up on a threesome they swiftly allowed me to play through. I enjoyed the elevation changes and several blind shots. My only negative criticism would be the scorecard didn't have a course layout included so it made several of the blind shot holes a guessing game where I luckily guessed correctly. I would definitely return to this course.

Beautiful quite morning of golf

I showed up st 5:30am, there was not a soul on the course which looked beautiful in the morning light. Staff was so helpful and fantastic, I would recommend this course. If you get there early put your money in the box and tee off. Amazing.

Course presentation could be better

I have played this course many times before. I am always struck by how fair a test of golfing ability it is with some holes dog-legged (sometimes 90 degrees! 10th and 18th). Length is only just over 6000 yards but some of the holes have steep hills to encounter (9th and 5th), but this only adds to the charm of this course. Greens were in good condition and of medium pace. Some work still required to improve the quality of some of the bunkers. I was not impressed by the length of the grass on the fairways and the grass cuttings were left all over. also, the 12th and 13th holes are in a new layout from when I last played here and the new holes still need time to bed in as the greens are rock solid and the fairway on the 13th was covered in clover. All of this aside I enjoyed my round and shot a 79 which is par for me and at £11, was great value for money. The course could be a lot better with attention to the minor areas mentioned before but is still a good wee course!

Auchmill - not what it used to be

Pretty rough fairways and tees some walking between tees but no indication as to where to go. Would play again if desperate.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020