Type
Style Parkland
Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Bordered by the dominant Bennachie hills and Scotland's lavish scenery, Alford Golf Club runs an ongoing program for tree management, giving the golf course the luster of varied species of trees throughout the par-69 run.

Alford is challenging to golfers of all ages and ability without being too physically demanding. The club was originally designed in 1982 as a nine-hole course, but in 1992, nine more holes were added to make it a full 18 hole Scottish golf course.

Measuring to nearly 5,500 yards from the tips, the course may play short, but will require accuracy and solid course management to go low. Featuring low green fees and the service and maintenance one would expect from a golf course in this historic region, Alford has made its name in a short time and is a strong inclusion to any Scotland golf vacation package.

Alford Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1982

This course is in fantastic condition

Would recommend this course to anyone. Fully enjoyed our round.

Good course

2nd time playing course this year, course overall is good, well maintained

Club member’s we’re friendly.

Shop closed both times which is a bit of a pain If you forget juice or need anything last minute.

Would recommend & will play again

Nice place for a round of golf friendly staff and good food on offer all in all a good day out now if only I could sort out my swing.

Great Day

Had a brilliant first "go" at Alfords lovely wee course, sure I'll do better next time now I know the layout. Couldn't have picked better day as the course was in excellent order, especially the greens that were first class.
Special thanks to Charlie who looked after us at the nineteenth.

Excellent course

First time playing Alford for many years, it’s in great condition and they seem to have everything squared away. Some fun holes, nothing too challenging (in theory anyway!).

The only negative was that the course layout seems to have changed, for the better, but the GPS apps our group were using hadn’t tracked the changes meaning we were flying blind. There are range markers clearly positioned on every hole so not a big deal.

One of our party did manage to snap a driver in the practice nets before our round!! Raw power!

Great round, great course and would play there again.

Nice and short

If you don't want a long walk this is the course for you most holes are 260-320 yards so must holes are decent drive short approach. The greens were in great condition though are small so hard to hold the ball. The people in the clubhouse were very friendly and our pre round snack was delicious. They have a nice pro shop which was well stocked. A nice feature is the train that runs around the course. I'd maybe like to see some water features to make you think off the tee rather than ok just get to 100 yards out and hit the wedge in. Overall nice course.

Probably won't be back

I don't often give a course a bad review but after walking off thru 13 holes it didn't give me much option, given my other reviews I'm not normally a harsh critic.

- Took me 3hrs 5mins to play 13 holes and I was on my own, given it was a Saturday I expected slightly slower play but not this slow. There was at least 8 x 4-balls in front of me and a 2-ball who were just as annoyed as me. Course management and bookings were clearly ignored and the group was on an outing so had no care of pace of play.
- To add insult to injury the course is short, around 5000yards, so the slow play was even more annoying. I was a drive and mid-short iron to each green and I'm not a long hitter.
- Greens were covered in sand and hadn't been watered, looked rutted and it was difficult to keep a straight putt. This wasn't mentioned when I went to the shop before teeing off. No evidence that it was due to coring. Looked like they needed a good water and rolled.
- Had I paid full price I would have been fuming.

Overall the course layout was nice if not a little tight and tested your accuracy.
I dare say that on another day I may have enjoyed it better but given the above it spoiled my round completely.

Lumphanan, Aberdeenshire