Alford Golf Club

Style: Parkland

White 69 5483 yards N/A N/A
Yellow 67 5035 yards N/A N/A
Red 70 5022 yards N/A N/A

Bordered by the dominant Bennachie hills and Scotland's lavish scenery, Alford Golf Club runs an ongoing program for tree management, giving the golf course the luster of varied species of trees throughout the par-69 run.

Alford is challenging to golfers of all ages and ability without being too physically demanding. The club was originally designed in 1982 as a nine-hole course, but in 1992, nine more holes were added to make it a full 18 hole Scottish golf course.

Measuring to nearly 5,500 yards from the tips, the course may play short, but will require accuracy and solid course management to go low. Featuring low green fees and the service and maintenance one would expect from a golf course in this historic region, Alford has made its name in a short time and is a strong inclusion to any Scotland golf vacation package.

"Nice and short"

t2034127853's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/07/2017

If you don't want a long walk this is the course for you most holes are 260-320 yards so must holes are decent drive short approach. The greens were in great condition though are small so hard to hold the ball. The people in the clubhouse were very friendly and our pre round snack was delicious. They have a nice pro shop which was well stocked. A nice feature is the train that runs around the course. I'd maybe like to see some water features to make you think off the tee rather than ok just get to 100 yards out and hit the wedge in. Overall nice course.

"Probably won't be back"

t1532203883's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2017
First time playing Walked Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I don't often give a course a bad review but after walking off thru 13 holes it didn't give me much option, given my other reviews I'm not normally a harsh critic.

- Took me 3hrs 5mins to play 13 holes and I was on my own, given it was a Saturday I expected slightly slower play but not this slow. There was at least 8 x 4-balls in front of me and a 2-ball who were just as annoyed as me. Course management and bookings were clearly ignored and the group was on an outing so had no care of pace of play.

- To add insult to injury the course is short, around 5000yards, so the slow play was even more annoying. I was a drive and mid-short iron to each green and I'm not a long hitter.

- Greens were covered in sand and hadn't been watered, looked rutted and it was difficult to keep a straight putt. This wasn't mentioned when I went to the shop before teeing off. No evidence that it was due to coring. Looked like they needed a good water and rolled.

- Had I paid full price I would have been fuming.

Overall the course layout was nice if not a little tight and tested your accuracy.

I dare say that on another day I may have enjoyed it better but given the above it spoiled my round completely.