Year Built 1999
Architect John Fought (1999)

Loved this course

I loved this course. Beautiful PNW scenery. Lots of elevation changes. Great conditions and friendly, helpful staff. My next trip to SEA, I'll definitely return here.

Commented on 05/28/2019

We're looking forward to seeing you again soon! Thanks for the review.

Not worth the money

$98 dollars to play on a Friday. Traps were a mess with all kinds of small rocks in every trap. They must have bought the cheapest sand they could buy. The traps were not edged either. No senior rate. Saw the cart girl once.
All in all the eleven of us that played all agreed we will not be going back. We go up every June and play five days, enjoy the other courses in that area and they are cheaper in price.

Commented on 07/19/2018

We're sorry to hear that your experience was anything less than exceptional, Rodney. Your feedback regarding the bunkers and beverage cart is truly appreciated. Please know that we will be sharing your comments with our teams so that we can improve in those areas. We'd like to hear more about your round and connect you with our General Manager to further address your concerns. Could you please email us at feedback@okigolf.com? Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Alberta Advisor

Trophy Lake Golf & Casting Club

The Pacific Northwest has an excellent assortment of quality golf courses to satisfy most any golfers needs. The Trophy Lake Golf & Casting Club definitely will cover those needs.

The lodge styled clubhouse has a comforting ambience about it one seldom feels at a golf course. A leisurely breakfast in the Dry Fly Café is a good start to your morning.

The 178 yd Par 3, third hole plays well, with a bunkered hill fronting the right side and a false front and a drop away slope along the left will grab your attention.

Fairways wind their way through mature trees and rolling hills, the generously proportioned greens are receptive and rolled true. Numerous well tended bunkers pepper the course. The course closes out with a challenging Par 5 and a postcard view of the clubhouse set back of the 18th green. A course that could bring out the very best in your game.

Excellent Course!

This is a must play, my favorite of the Oki courses. The layout is lots of fun, requires some thinking, and I used most of the clubs in my bag.

As this was my first time playing the course, I cannot comment on the usual condition of the course but it was immaculate on this day, perfectl mowed, lush fairways and fast, consistent greens.

The course meanders through forest land and there are no homes on the course, it is a wonderful, scenic golf getaway.

I walked the course and handled the rolling hills with no difficulty. A fantastic walk, actually...

I highly recommend this course. It has supplanted Gold Mountain as my favorite Seattle-area course (Gold Mountain is still fantastic, though!)

Great golf on the Olympic Peninsula

Trophy Lake was added in place of McCormick Woods after the reviews were not encouraging. This should have been a first choice. The overall condition of the course was great and the course has challenges but is extremely playable. This course is deceptively long as it has several short, but complex holes. Set among an old growth pine forest you play the course feeling away from civilization and back to nature. Well worth the effort for this experience.

A Diamond In The Rough

I found this beauty by accident. When I pulled up to the club house I was blown away. Gorgeous waterfall setup right behind the putting green. This weather has been dry in the PNW this summer but you couldn't tell on this course. The fairways were forgiving when you hit a bad shot but also challenging. There were a few brown spots off the fairway and on the fairway but they are not very noticeable. A little pricey but the cart is included in the price. I will definitely be going here again!!

Fantastic NW track gets you out in the wilderness

Has always been one of my favorite courses growing up but hadn't had the chance to play it in about eight years. It's even better than I remembered. Such a beautiful course and a great layout as well! No houses in site and in such good conditions, really wish I could play this place much more often.

My favorite Oki course

There are no extremely challenging holes (#4 the exception) and no gimme holes either. The design is set in the Kitsap countryside with views of Mount Rainer and the Olympic Mountains. The course maintenance is always super, and the staff positive and friendly. This John Fought design shares several similarities to his Washington National design - Trophy has no homes around it, which is more to my liking. Playing the Olympic at Gold Mountain one day and Trophy the next would be a fabulous Kitsap weekend.

A trophy course on the Kitsap Peninsula

If you've only got time for one round on the Kitsap Peninsula, it has to be the Olympic course at Gold Mountain. Trophy Lake is no slouch as a quality backup. I played both on a nice weekend trip with my dad back in 2009.
There are no true signature holes at Trophy Lake, just a steady stream of good ones. The setting reflects the natural environment of the peninsula. It's peaceful and quiet playing through all those evergreens.
Fishermen love the property, too. Fly rods are available in the pro shop. The golf course's ponds are stocked with fish.

Gig Harbor, Washington