Style Parkland
Inverness Golf Club

Year Built 1883
Architect James Braid

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes but shoes worn on the course must not be worn in any of the lounges, except golf shoes with soft spikes which may be worn in the rear bar.
Dress code No football/rugby shirts and shorts. No sleeveless shirts. No collarless shirts

Lackey & Bontrain

Super course, great little parkland nestled in the heart of Inverness. Both myself and my playing partner didn't play very well and it started to rain torrentially on the 15th, didn't matter the course is just a wee gem and puts a smile on your face.

Difficult short course

Lovely course under 6000 yards from yellow tees with 6 holes over 400 yards. Was in good condition for October and large greens in great condition. Will be going back in the summer.

My first Round of Golf in Scotland - Inverness Golf Club

I came into Inverness on a Tauck Tour and we stayed at Kingsmill Hotel, and I noticed there was a golf course beside the hotel. I walked up to the pro shop and asked if I could get out and play on Wednesday afternoon. The people running the Pro Shop could not have been more accommodating, as I told them I did not bring any of my golf equipment with me. They said we will get you all set up when you come back tomorrow. I asked if I could hit a few balls as I had not played in a couple of weeks. Connor took me to the practice area, I hit some poorly and I asked him what I was doing wrong and he gave me a couple of pointers and they worked. I spoke with one of my tour members and he and his wife joined me on Wednesday. We had a great time thanks to The Staff at the Pro Shop. I highly recommend Inverness Golf Club!!!
!

Great Day

This was the second year my son and I have chosen to play Inverness Golf Club. We traveled 2 hours to get there and it was worth every minute of the travelling. From a friendly greeting in the pro shop, a great sandwich before we played and then a fabulous course in tip top condition we had a fantastic day. I would highly recommend this club be visited for the whole experience. We will be back next year.

Round on 19th October

We arrived in plenty of time for our round, and were greeted with a warm welcome by the Pro Shop and other clubhouse staff.
After this, we witnessed the poorest etiquette demonstrated on the course. We were at the first tee for our slot, when a 4 ball, who I assume to be members, teed off without checking that they were before/after us. As an end result, the round took 3 1/2 to 4 hrs, for a course which should have only taken 3 hrs to play. This was also commented upon by another 2 ball playing behind us, where one of the players was a new member.
Other than that, the general course conditions were in good order for this time of year.
Only negatives that we had were having to cross a main road, with no pedestrian crossing in sight, and having to wait for the 17th tee to be clear prior to playing approach shots to the 16th green.
Would happily play again, and would rate this course as one of the better ones that we've played in the surrounding area.

Inverness, Scotland