Type Public/Resort

Wyboo Golf Club is one of the standout courses of the Santee Cooper Country golf scene. It is consistently ranked as one of the top 10 public courses in the state, and it is one of Clarendon County's best values. Tom Jackson designed the course, incorporating winding water hazards, native grasses, and marshland. The rolling terrain provides subtle but tricky contours and there are strategically placed bunkers framing the fast, well maintained greens, which boast excellent conditions throughout the year. The lush fairways are quite forgiving if your tee shots are slightly errant but the approach shots require both skill and accuracy in order to navigate the heavily protected greens. The 13th hole is Wyboo Golf Club's signature. This tricky par 3 plays to a large green that slopes left to right with an oak tree and a bunker to the right and water on the left.

Scorecard for Wyboo
Blue M: 72.1/132 441 171 445 375 524 385 399 191 538 3469 368 523 379 216 442 567 373 178 393 3439 6908
White M: 69.7/121 411 155 417 341 498 360 369 168 481 3200 337 502 350 191 413 543 341 154 364 3195 6395
Gold M: 66.5/116 W: 71.9/121 352 143 379 292 465 324 333 127 453 2868 298 457 310 166 375 501 285 127 331 2850 5718
Red W: 67.7/111 316 101 333 243 429 285 278 85 417 2487 258 393 270 141 344 449 237 87 284 2463 4950

Year Built 1999
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Tom Jackson (1999)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts, no denim.

Group Getaways 8

Great value for an out-of-the-way course.

Not near or on the way to any real place; Greater Charleston residents have to want to go there, and out-of-towners play as part of packages with other area courses.. Price for local rate is excellent, and improves as weather gets hotter. Nice layout, very good conditions. Not overly difficult, but not a giveaway course, and not at all dull.

Great winter golf trip

Have been coming to South Carolina to golf on our way to Florida for many years now and finally played Wyboo today. Very much enjoyed the course, even though it was a bit wet, however it would be nice if they gave the ladies something more than 85-100 yards on a par 3, and leveling the red tee boxes would be nice as well. Also didn't encounter very much southern hospitality from the gentleman in the pro shop, and we also did not like being sold cold hotdogs after the 9th, and right at lunch hour.... but the course is worth playing.

Cold and wet

Played the course in very windy, cold, and wet conditions. Brutal round due to conditions but course was in good shape. Greens and fairways were in good shape for all the rain the area has had. Would play again and would recommend.

Great course for the $

Great course, lay out was easy to play as it being our first time there. We started on the back nine and it felt like it was our personal course. Did not see anyone to the 17th hole. Would definitely play there again.

Great Day

Course was in great shape. Greens were fast and firm. Tees and fairways were also in great shape. We were staying in Santee and the 25 minute drive is more than worth it to play here.

Truly a great course

Course was in fantastic shape. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Fairways and greens were in fastastic shape. Highly recommend this course to anyone in the area.

Another Great Day

Played here again as part of a package in Santee. Definitely the best conditioned course of our trip and totally worth the short drive.

Tee to green course is in amazing shape. MOST of the bunkers are in good shape, but there are some that took a hit from Hurricane Michael which will take some time to fix. Greens rolled well with no real imperfections to speak of. Clubhouse is no frills, which is perfect.

Took advantage of the replay opportunity and played another 18. This course is a must-play when you're in Santee.

Best Course We Played

Played this course in late September after the hurricane. This was the best course of the three we played in our package. We played 36 holes. Course is in great shape and the greens are excellent. Bermuda greens are tricky. Loved this track and will play it again. You will not go wrong playing here, although it is a little out of the way (40 min drive) from Santee.

Wyboo 4th of July

Great layout. Fairways in excellent condition. Greens had been recently plugged. Would like to play it again when greens are completely healed. Enjoyed he course very much. Bunkers needed a lot of work.

Aerated greens

Golf now did not flag course maintenance. Besides greens being worked on course was in good shape. Played here before and will play here again

A Grate time at Wyboo at Deer Creak

My golf partner and I have been playing everywhere over the last 10 plus years. We luck up & find some great courses and sometimes not so great courses. We live on the boarder of NC/SC, we went to a course that's close to us in SC. As we were approaching the course we saw bout 10 carts in line at the first tee, we knew we had to go somewhere else. We found Wyboo!!! Even though it was it took us a ride to get there, we didn't mind because it was a course we hadn't play before. At first, it looked like any other golf course. The guy inside was nice and friendly. He told us after we paid we could go off at when we were ready. Looked like they had plenty of rain seen a few puddles in a couple of fairways but it did affect play. A very nice layout from start to finish. The par 5s are long, have to be very carful where you hit your ball too. Hit what i thought was a perfect drive. Was in the fairway looking for my ball could not find it at all, the way it was turning to go to fairway was a pond right there. OUCH!!!! Everything is just wonderful about this course. It is a must play if you are in the area. Think we will be back before the summer is over.

Loved it so much, we went back

This is a great course and a fun track. We liked the conditioning and layout so much that we went back to Wyboo in our short, four-day trip. We played another course on our last day, but felt that Wyboo was soooooo much better that we left after just one round (we normally play 2-3 rounds on the same course) and went back to Wyboo.

Very nice course

Really enjoyed this course. We made the 75 mile trip from Charleston I-26/I-95 for an 8:53 tee time. We arrived about an hour ahead and the staff allowed us to immediately get out ahead of 2 foursomes. That made for a great day without any waiting. The fairways were well maintained with very few tight lies. The rough was well maintained and cut a little shorter than most courses we play. A fairly flat course provided for mostly even lies. The greens rolled true and were about an 8. Most were side protected but offered wide approaches. Average number of doglegs but most were drivable. Some lateral water that was avoidable with well placed drives. The bunkers were soft and well maintained. We managed to get in 27 holes and our scoring went way down on the last 9. It might have simply been the day of the week but we felt as if we had the entire course to ourselves. I’m not suggesting the course is without challenge but there is enough forgiveness that it is well suited to all levels of ability. One thing I did find unusual was their no walking at any time policy. That goes for members as well. The cart paths are concrete and there are a number of areas that could use some attention. The carts are reliable but showing some age and wear I suspect as a result of that no walking policy. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our round and will certainly plan another trip.

This is a hidden gem. To me, this is the nicest course I have ever played. But the only way I can play Wyboo is if I book it through GolfNow or TeeOff.com. On a pastors salary, I can't pay full price. Playing golf is such a great stress relief for me as a pastor. Thankful for the opportunity to have played Wyboo now for the 5th time.

Adding Wyboo to the Rotation

Have been coming to Santee for a couple years now on an annual golf trip and were pleasantly surprised by Wyboo. Fairways and greens were in great shape and roughs were OK, as they are coming out of dormancy.

We were probably 4 of a couple dozen on the course, and pace of play was quick. Definitely a no-frills experience and that's exactly what we needed. Took advantage of the replay deal with our package and played another 18.

Wyboo is definitely not one to miss. Kudos to the grounds crew for keeping things playable through the winter, I'm sure the spring and summer will be top notch.

Most beautiful course I have ever played

Wyboo is the best course for the money that I have been on.

Manning, South Carolina