Wyboo Golf Club

GPS: Yes

Practice bunker: Yes
Practice hole: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire such as collared shirts, no denim.

Wyboo Golf Club is one of the standout courses of the Santee Cooper Country golf scene. It is consistently ranked as one of the top 10 public courses in the state, and it is one of Clarendon County's best values. Tom Jackson designed the course, incorporating winding water hazards, native grasses, and marshland. The rolling terrain provides subtle but tricky contours and there are strategically placed bunkers framing the fast, well maintained greens, which boast excellent conditions throughout the year. The lush fairways are quite forgiving if your tee shots are slightly errant but the approach shots require both skill and accuracy in order to navigate the heavily protected greens. The 13th hole is Wyboo Golf Club's signature. This tricky par 3 plays to a large green that slopes left to right with an oak tree and a bunker to the right and water on the left.

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers group getaways a weekend splurge   Challenges include water hazards bunkers

"Wyboo 4th of July"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

Great layout. Fairways in excellent condition. Greens had been recently plugged. Would like to play it again when greens are completely healed. Enjoyed he course very much. Bunkers needed a lot of work.

"Aerated greens"

realtime99's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Golf now did not flag course maintenance. Besides greens being worked on course was in good shape. Played here before and will play here again

"A Grate time at Wyboo at Deer Creak"

SHONNE5477713's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

My golf partner and I have been playing everywhere over the last 10 plus years. We luck up & find some great courses and sometimes not so great courses. We live on the boarder of NC/SC, we went to a course that's close to us in SC. As we were approaching the course we saw bout 10 carts in line at the first tee, we knew we had to go somewhere else. We found Wyboo!!! Even though it was it took us a ride to get there, we didn't mind because it was a course we hadn't play before. At first, it looked like any other golf course. The guy inside was nice and friendly. He told us after we paid we could go off at when we were ready. Looked like they had plenty of rain seen a few puddles in a couple of fairways but it did affect play. A very nice layout from start to finish. The par 5s are long, have to be very carful where you hit your ball too. Hit what i thought was a perfect drive. Was in the fairway looking for my ball could not find it at all, the way it was turning to go to fairway was a pond right there. OUCH!!!! Everything is just wonderful about this course. It is a must play if you are in the area. Think we will be back before the summer is over.

"Loved it so much, we went back"

psnyder1's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2018

This is a great course and a fun track. We liked the conditioning and layout so much that we went back to Wyboo in our short, four-day trip. We played another course on our last day, but felt that Wyboo was soooooo much better that we left after just one round (we normally play 2-3 rounds on the same course) and went back to Wyboo.

"Very nice course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

Really enjoyed this course. We made the 75 mile trip from Charleston I-26/I-95 for an 8:53 tee time. We arrived about an hour ahead and the staff allowed us to immediately get out ahead of 2 foursomes. That made for a great day without any waiting. The fairways were well maintained with very few tight lies. The rough was well maintained and cut a little shorter than most courses we play. A fairly flat course provided for mostly even lies. The greens rolled true and were about an 8. Most were side protected but offered wide approaches. Average number of doglegs but most were drivable. Some lateral water that was avoidable with well placed drives. The bunkers were soft and well maintained. We managed to get in 27 holes and our scoring went way down on the last 9. It might have simply been the day of the week but we felt as if we had the entire course to ourselves. I’m not suggesting the course is without challenge but there is enough forgiveness that it is well suited to all levels of ability. One thing I did find unusual was their no walking at any time policy. That goes for members as well. The cart paths are concrete and there are a number of areas that could use some attention. The carts are reliable but showing some age and wear I suspect as a result of that no walking policy. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our round and will certainly plan another trip.

"Great Course"

Age:  Under 25

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

This is a hidden gem. To me, this is the nicest course I have ever played. But the only way I can play Wyboo is if I book it through GolfNow or TeeOff.com. On a pastors salary, I can't pay full price. Playing golf is such a great stress relief for me as a pastor. Thankful for the opportunity to have played Wyboo now for the 5th time.

"Adding Wyboo to the Rotation"

kg70041's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Have been coming to Santee for a couple years now on an annual golf trip and were pleasantly surprised by Wyboo. Fairways and greens were in great shape and roughs were OK, as they are coming out of dormancy.

We were probably 4 of a couple dozen on the course, and pace of play was quick. Definitely a no-frills experience and that's exactly what we needed. Took advantage of the replay deal with our package and played another 18.

Wyboo is definitely not one to miss. Kudos to the grounds crew for keeping things playable through the winter, I'm sure the spring and summer will be top notch.

"Most beautiful course I have ever played"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

Wyboo is the best course for the money that I have been on.

"Nice Course"

mikemccullough7777's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

This course was a great surprise.Great layout and in good shape for the time of year.Pacewas average but still okay.Would definitely play again and highly recommend.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

"Wyboo was like finding a treasure!"

richard2960537's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

Our first impression was terrific at the pro shop with very friendly and helpful staff. The starter was warm, welcoming, informative and funny. The course was in excellent shape with tip top tee boxes and rich green, well manicured fairways. The greens rolled true. It was a GREAT experience and we’ll recommend to friends and come back.

"good time"

lindoug's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/18/2018

Enjoyed playing this course. Well maintained, somewhat challenging, friendly staff.

"Enjoyed the course"

KayKrisp's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/13/2018

We really have enjoyed this course. This is the second time we have played this course, the first time was a few years ago. We decided in the last minute to head south for a overnight trip. Everyone treated us very nice and the course was in very nice shape. A little wet in a few spots but that was not the courses fault. We will be back again. Nice job Wyboo.

Ariston's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

"Excellent Value for the Money"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/09/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

This was my first time playing Wyboo and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much for a $9.00 round of golf. The greens had been aerated a couple of months before we played so again, I wasn't expecting anything great...but for such a cheap price I thought, what the heck. We arrived a bit late but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There was an issue with the address listed on the GolfNow App and the actual physical address of the course. The staff was totally understanding and had no problem with us going off a bit late. The course was in phenomenal shape! The greens were decent considering the recent aeration. Every putt was mostly straight but the greens were definitely still playable. It was challenging enough for an average golfer, but not too challenging where you could lose a ball every hole. I'd love to come back when the greens were perfect to get a better idea of the actual quality of play. The course is located a bit far away from any city life, but that made for a quick paced round and an overall enjoyable experience. Honestly, I would have had no problem paying $20-$30 to play this course, even with the condition of the greens. If you get a deal on a discount app, take it! You will not be disappointed!

"Fun round"

Craig9075892's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/03/2017

We played this course while visiting friends and it was a pleasant surprise. Everyone was friendly and we were really impressed with the decked out golf carts. We will definitely visit this course again when we are in that area!

"Nice resort type course"

hoofga's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The greens were recently punched and covered in sand, so putting was impossible, BUT it stated that on GolfNow before we booked.

Very neat course with a nice layout. I would like to go back and play when the greens are normal.

"Hidden Gem"

l1xluger's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Love to play this course. It's an hour ride away from me but I don't mind the drive for a good course. The layout is great, the greens are always in good shape. Great value for the price. I played this course for $23 but would've paid $50 and still would be a good price. I have played high priced courses in the Charleston area that pale to comparison to this course.

"Good course, great value"

lundquist612's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/08/2017

Fairly forgiving but not boring course. In fine condition, and rates have plummeted as tourist season moves into lowcountry hot season. Not located near anywhere, but worth a longer drive than you might be used to.

u707412044's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2017

course was over booked, and underprepared,, course conditions were very good.. the overall experience however would make it difficult for me to recommend to a friend