Type Public/Resort

Wyboo Golf Club is one of the standout courses of the Santee Cooper Country golf scene. It is consistently ranked as one of the top 10 public courses in the state, and it is one of Clarendon County's best values. Tom Jackson designed the course, incorporating winding water hazards, native grasses, and marshland. The rolling terrain provides subtle but tricky contours and there are strategically placed bunkers framing the fast, well maintained greens, which boast excellent conditions throughout the year. The lush fairways are quite forgiving if your tee shots are slightly errant but the approach shots require both skill and accuracy in order to navigate the heavily protected greens. The 13th hole is Wyboo Golf Club's signature. This tricky par 3 plays to a large green that slopes left to right with an oak tree and a bunker to the right and water on the left.

Wyboo Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Tom Jackson (1999)

Practice Hole Yes

Dress code Proper golf attire such as collared shirts, no denim.

Clubhouse

Group Getaways 8

Most beautiful course I have ever played

Wyboo is the best course for the money that I have been on.

Nice Course

This course was a great surprise.Great layout and in good shape for the time of year.Pacewas average but still okay.Would definitely play again and highly recommend.

Wyboo was like finding a treasure!

Our first impression was terrific at the pro shop with very friendly and helpful staff. The starter was warm, welcoming, informative and funny. The course was in excellent shape with tip top tee boxes and rich green, well manicured fairways. The greens rolled true. It was a GREAT experience and we’ll recommend to friends and come back.

good time

Enjoyed playing this course. Well maintained, somewhat challenging, friendly staff.

Enjoyed the course

We really have enjoyed this course. This is the second time we have played this course, the first time was a few years ago. We decided in the last minute to head south for a overnight trip. Everyone treated us very nice and the course was in very nice shape. A little wet in a few spots but that was not the courses fault. We will be back again. Nice job Wyboo.

Excellent Value for the Money

This was my first time playing Wyboo and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much for a $9.00 round of golf. The greens had been aerated a couple of months before we played so again, I wasn't expecting anything great...but for such a cheap price I thought, what the heck. We arrived a bit late but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There was an issue with the address listed on the GolfNow App and the actual physical address of the course. The staff was totally understanding and had no problem with us going off a bit late. The course was in phenomenal shape! The greens were decent considering the recent aeration. Every putt was mostly straight but the greens were definitely still playable. It was challenging enough for an average golfer, but not too challenging where you could lose a ball every hole. I'd love to come back when the greens were perfect to get a better idea of the actual quality of play. The course is located a bit far away from any city life, but that made for a quick paced round and an overall enjoyable experience. Honestly, I would have had no problem paying $20-$30 to play this course, even with the condition of the greens. If you get a deal on a discount app, take it! You will not be disappointed!

Fun round

We played this course while visiting friends and it was a pleasant surprise. Everyone was friendly and we were really impressed with the decked out golf carts. We will definitely visit this course again when we are in that area!

Nice resort type course

The greens were recently punched and covered in sand, so putting was impossible, BUT it stated that on GolfNow before we booked.

Very neat course with a nice layout. I would like to go back and play when the greens are normal.

Hidden Gem

Love to play this course. It's an hour ride away from me but I don't mind the drive for a good course. The layout is great, the greens are always in good shape. Great value for the price. I played this course for $23 but would've paid $50 and still would be a good price. I have played high priced courses in the Charleston area that pale to comparison to this course.

Good course, great value

Fairly forgiving but not boring course. In fine condition, and rates have plummeted as tourist season moves into lowcountry hot season. Not located near anywhere, but worth a longer drive than you might be used to.

course was over booked, and underprepared,, course conditions were very good.. the overall experience however would make it difficult for me to recommend to a friend

- in good shape greens excellent.
-nice layout good variety of doglegs
-friendly staff

Never Crowded

We love this course because it is never overly busy so our junior golfer gets time to play and we have time to teach her.

tranquil setting

Played course a couple times a year
Not many homes on course
open fairways, but difficult greens

Great course for the Price and Location

Played over the weekend for the first time and was excited since I have been told by numerous people that Wyboo is the best course in the Santee Cooper Region. It's in the Top 3 of the courses I have played in the area. Very little undulation on the greens makes it easier for armatures, but layout makes if challenging for good golfers.

Highly Recommend

I highly recommend this course. I played the course in early Sept 2016, and it was in excellent condition. Tee boxes and greens were well kept, and the fairways were exceptional. The course was not overly challenging, but not easy either. Bunkers in play on every whole, both fairway and around the greens. Not much water, but it is in play on a few holes. Fairways on the wider end, lots of sharp dog legs. Thick rough around the greens.

I suspect one of the reasons that the course is in such great condition is that its in the middle of no where, and so my guess is it doesn't get a ton of traffic. I played on a nice day in early Sept, arrived a little before noon, jumped right on as a single and didn't have anyone behind me the entire round (and this was on a nice later summer day). The lack of crowd is definitely a positive in my book. Also, the price I paid for the round was just ridiculous. $10 for greens fees and a cart, and the course was in a condition that I would say is easily on par with many country clubs/ private courses. Steal of a deal.

To sum it up, I was very impressed with this course. Its worth a bit of a drive, and I look forward to playing it again soon.

Wyboo is remote but WY Not!

My wife and I played this course and found it challenging, interesting and offered a fair advantage on the various tee boxes, very nice. The layout allowed one to push it hard off the tee if you desire a little risk or play to a spot for safety. We enjoyed the play on Independence day for a mid-morning round on a day in the upper 90's. There was drinking water on the course and simple snacks and sandwiches in the snack bar. The practice facility was first class, the course is well marked and maintained. The big drawback for us was that they had just aeriated the greens recently so putting was a little rough, but all in all we enjoyed this very quiet good pace of play course. It was worth a bit of a drive to get there, try it you will like it.

Manning, South Carolina