Alderbrook Golf Club

Alderbrook Golf & Yacht Club is consistently ranked as one of the top 25 courses in the Pacific Northwest. The course is known for being one of the most scenic in Washington as well as one of the most playable. Though it's member owned, it's open to the public. Throughout the course you'll enjoy incredible views of the Hood Canal and Olympic Mountains. The layout is challenging but fair, offering a test of your skills without being overly punishing. Rolling fairways are lined with mature Evergreen trees and the large, fast greens make pin placement a challenge. The front nine is fairly tight but the golf course opens up on the back nine. Alderbrook's final hole is the layout's most memorable. Scoring par on this double-dogleg par 5 is something to be very proud of.
Alder 72 6280 yards 70.8 121
Dogwood (W) 72 5395 yards 71.5 119
Elm 72 4551 yards 62.8 106
Elm (W) 72 4551 yards 66.8 109
Scorecard for Alderbrook
Black M: 70.9/123 W: 76.5/131 463 201 403 433 474 176 406 529 230 3315 296 378 152 505 290 359 160 347 503 2990 6305
Blue M: 69.9/122 W: 75.0/128 454 182 394 393 470 161 400 500 200 3154 288 367 141 500 282 352 151 337 483 2901 6055
White M: 67.3/117 W: 72.6/123 431 172 349 328 462 153 330 480 156 2861 278 346 133 470 259 339 140 305 470 2740 5601
Green M: 65.7/113 W: 70.8/117 409 165 339 286 441 142 320 450 156 2708 268 337 125 412 231 339 131 286 438 2567 5275
Gold M: 62.7/106 W: 66.7/107 369 138 285 264 381 113 293 347 130 2320 232 263 103 372 224 291 119 242 382 2228 4548

Year Built 1965

Single Allowed No

The course was in great shape. New cart paths, new carts for rent and a recent makeover of the second hole show this course is being well maintained. The staff was helpful, pace of play was great. Stopped in for some food in the clubhouse after, service was good and the food was really good. I will come back just to eat there, even if I don’t golf that day.

Excellent shape, love Hood Canal

Great course, excellent shape. I live three miles away and its the first time I played it. For ten bucks with cart I will be back. Also great food and views.

Poor weather

great round in bad conditions!

Great green's ! Poor condition's !, I booked 18 with golf now when my Seahawk's were laying an egg, my Best decision of the year! Well kept course with fast green's in the rain, well faster than most! I shot a lifetime low score of 78 ! Beautiful day in the NW!

Great day!

Alder rook is alittle out of the way, but definitely worth the trip. Especially for the great price I got on Golfnow. The course is in fine condition and the pace of play was excellent. No raindrops either an all around fine day!

This course has sereral interesting holes

This is very well kept course and is pretty challenging. Greens are large and fairly quick. Pin placements can be tough. Fun place to play. Very scenic and peaceful. Would not recommend it for beginning players.

Poor weather

tahoae25sds

Alderbrook gc, course was very clean, even we had storm for last couple of days, played 27hole played in about 5hrs, finished 18 in 3hrs and 15 minutes, Staff was wery friendly, after finishing 18 hole asked to go another few hole, proshop staff was told , go ahead, with out repaying, course was very clean, green fair to moderate, had some soft spot in some fair way, we had lots of rain last couple of days, feels like country club setting, will definitly come back, played blue tee, shot right on my handicap.

Hills and valleys

This course works it through the hills, side slopes, and valleys of the hood cannel. Many fairways are sloped so hitting to the right area on a fair way helps a lot for your next shot. A lot of rain the night before so greens ran a bit slow, but were smooth. We had a good time and enjoyed our round.

The course has great length holes.

Great course with an amazing view of the hood canal. Great condition of greens and fair ways.

Long time since I've played

Been awhile since I've played Alderbrook. Was impressed w/course. Will come back to play again. It was fun. Challenging from tips . Course was in great condition and greens were firm and fast. Just like it should' be.

Atlanta Advisor

4.3 stars??? Really?

OK, went an played on the recommendation of you guys giving Alderbrook a 4.3 rating. Why? I'd give this course a strong 3 - 3.5, but no more. The conditions are great, but they built the course around houses, I mean, just to sell the houses. You have OB in play on every hole. It's tight and short, and has a lot of blind shots. I have no idea how anyone walking can avoid hitting into the group in front. Pro shop staff - great Food staff - not so much. When you place an order, it shouldn't take 30 minutes to get the wrong order delivered. Don't get me wrong, the shrimp wrap was great, but am still wondering where my chicken sandwich went... Too many other choices around to make this drive, unless you're already there.

Great Deal

Played here once before and have been looking forward to a return round. Couldn't pass on $12 with cart!!! Course was in great condition. Little drizzle to start. Done by 2nd hole and calm overcast 70 the rest of round. Was 4 hrs with the two ladies they paired me up with. Kept pace with group in front and played great on the back. Only item I would work on is driving range could use some attention. Will be back for sure.

First time at Alderbrook

Greens were in fantastic shape and from the tee boxes you had to plan your drive correctly on what side of the fairway you want to hit on. Very playable course for a mid handicapper.

beautiful veiws

Played on a hot summer day. Took a cart due to the 90 degree heat. The carts have coolers and a girl from the restaurant cleaned and filled ours with ice. The course is a fair test. It was in great shape and the greens rolled nicely.

Great Track!

Out in the middle of nowhere but worth the drive. Greens are always in good shape and three sets of tees to choose from.

golf, wild life and sunshine

I played 3 rounds during my week stay at the resort. From the resort, it was easy access, about a 5 min scenic drive through the tall trees up the hill to the course. They have a good practice range with hitting from the grass and mats, with two putting greens and sand trap practice area. The club house atmosphere is really nice and there are scenic views of the surrounding area to enjoy. I would nickname the course as being "risk and reward". The fairways are cut through the tall pines with a few houses along the fairways. Several holes have elevation changes and medium to narrow fairways with forgiving greens, so good shot placement to the short grass from the tee box leads to way to the possible score rewards. The course challenges the balances of my game, driving accuracy, fairway shots, chipping and putting. I consider the course to be an exercise of patience between the eagerness to circle a birdie score on my card and the rush to hit a shot into the trees. Since Longer hitters can reach several of the par 4's from the tee box and a couple of the par 5's offer that eagle putt opportunity, however miss hit a shot and the score can turn into a big fat 10 really quick. I played from different tees each round from the tips to the green tee's and enjoyed each of them equally. I played at different times morning, mid-day, and evening rounds and seeing the wildlife: deer, birds and bunny rabbits around the course during the morning and evening hours was a bonus. The last round I played this week was in the evening and I was paired with a couple of local guy's (Paul and Dick) who shared a little of their course knowledge and good humor that really enhanced the Alderbrook experience. If you have an opportunity to play at Alderbrook, I would suggest to tee it high, aim for the short grass, hit it long and stay out of the trees.

Slow, slow, slow.

This would have been a 5 star review, but for two things; the time it took to play 18 and the restaurant couldn't get my hot dog order out to me in a timely manner. First, I ordered a hot dog from the restaurant with 15 minutes before tee time. I went to the 1st tee to load my bag on the cart and meet the people I was paired up with. After 5 minutes I went back in to pick up my hot dog and they hadn't started it. By this time we were on the tee box so I told them I would get it at the turn. On hole 9 I called the restaurant and ordered a hot dog. When I went to pick it up they looked around and apologized because they hadn't started cooking it. They claim someone took it. My 4-some hit their tee shots and the hot dog was finally done. Secondly, the pace of play was extremely slow. It was a 5 and 1/2 hour round. Extremely slow. The positives, the course was in great condition and provides many challenges for golfers of all skill levels. This is a course that requires course knowledge to manage it effectively. A definite 5-star course, but slow play and inefficient restaurant service drops the rating.

The course is in very nice condition, especially the greens; it is a little more expensive than other course is in the area, but a Golf Now deal can make it bearable.

the course was immaculate and the staff was very friendly and professional

I can't believe it was 25 dollars with Cart. I've played courses that 6 or 7 times more and not even half as nice as alderbrook on top of all that the friendliest staff you'll ever meet. I will be back many times more in the future and will recommend this course to everyone. Thanks again to the staff of alder brook for a great experience BOBBY BARNES

A must play

Overall a very nice layout good views and well kept!!! It's a must play and for 20 with a cart it's hard to beat!!!!!

NICE DAY

Front 9 are fairly tight but opens up on the back 9. The large practice green was really rough but the actual course had excellent greens. Interesting 18 with a parascope. Saw two deer foraging. Paired up with another guy and his wife, awesome couple.

Shelton, Washington