Type Private
Style Parkland

Pitreavie Golf Club has an 18-hole, parkland layout with some elements of traditional links golf mixed in. Dr. Allistair MacKenzie designed Pitreavie. In his design, he incorporated features from his favorite course, the famous Old Course at St Andrews. Rather than flattening any undulation in the landscape, MacKenzie artificially enhanced the gentle slopes but still blended them seamlessly with the natural terrain. The golf course offers panoramic views of Forth Valley for golfers to enjoy during their round. Pitreavie Golf Club provides a formidable test but it is not beyond the means of a high handicapper.

Pitreavie Golf Club

Year Built 1922
Architect Alister MacKenzie (1922)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Great Little Course

Was the 3rd time I had played the course, just as good as the first.

Enjoyable Afternoon

Both my son in law and myself thought we would give Pitreavie Golf course a try even though recent weather had been very poor. The course was in great condition, with no slow play,vwhich definitely added to our enjoyment.

Shame about the weather!

Played Pitreavie for the first time and although we got soaked, the course was set out beautifully. Many of the holes were memorable and interesting. The staff and members were very friendly and are proud that their course was designed by the same man who designed Augusta National, Georgia.
I would definitely go back and try to play the course in drier conditions!

Excellent course

The course is in fantastic condition will defo be back

Good course

Excellent course, very dry but the greens were great. A true challenge.

Excellent condition

We played on a wet morning but course was not soggy which says a lot for this time of year (Early May). The fairways and greens were in superb condition. A lot of challenging, blind holes which is tricky the first time you play it. A few proper tiered greens comparable to links courses. Bunkers were well maintained with good non compacted sand. I’m actually considering joining this club now as a result of a really enjoyable round of golf

Affordable Gem

The course was arranged by our hotel, while on our holiday in Scotland. The pro shop is a bit deceiving, not reflecting the quality of the course The pro shop staff was excellent. Following our round, the 1st assistant and we viewed AZ courses he should play on his holiday . The course is well above average. The layout is fun, a bit hilly. Walking was easy. The course is very well maintained. The greens rolled trued and were not tricky. The $40.00 fee included green fees, trollies, and clubs. The members welcomed us, making us feel as if we were at our home club. The only downside was the rental clubs. My set was very worn and dated, the set they gave my wife was men's with graphite shafts. We put away the scorecard and enjoyed the day.

Pitreavie (Windy)

Booked Hot Deal, the "Starter" announced there would be another player joining us, apparently that's a condition of the Hot Deal, so it wasn't a request to join. Luckily the other golfer was first class company and a welcome addition, but its nice to be asked. Pitreavie course, first class, as it says on the website the opening holes make or break you're round, lot of blind holes. Though busy, a good pace was maintained, considering there was a club competition on also.

Superb course, the greens were in excellent condition for April

Played the course with my Son and we both thought the layout, general condition and condition of the greens was outstanding, given that it was April. The course was originally designed by Dr Alister McKenzie, and the tiered greens, some with false fronts provided a taste of his masterpiece in Augusta, all be it they were a good deal slower! I expect that during the summer, when the mower cutter height is taken down, they will be tricky to putt on.
I would recommend this course as a very good and fair test of golf, if it was nearer my home, I would consider joining - it's that good!

Unexpected Mackenzie

This course has all sorts of samples of the famous doctor's designs: blind tees, two or three slope/plateau greens, lurking bunkers and burns. On a windy day, challenging indeed. Course conditions are reasonable without being especially neat and tidy--explaining perhaps the extremely competitive Hot Deal. Well worth a visit, though.

Dunfermline, Fife