Drumoig Golf Hotel sprawls across 250 acres of rolling countryside inhabited by a variety of different birds and wildlife. The dramatic landscape provides the course with plenty of loch-side fairways and quarry greens. The lochs come into play on three holes, most notably on the challenging par-3 ninth. The difficult tee shot is followed by a tricky shot over the loch in order to reach the green. More advanced golfers will find the back tees provide a good challenge while the front tees are better for beginners. Golfers will also enjoy the views that stretch past St. Andrews Bay and the River Tay to Dundee and Carnoustie. The par-5 fifth is the signature hole of the golf course. The hole, which often plays into prevailing wind, requires a strong drive and a long iron to reach the narrow opening to the green.

Drumoig Golf Course

Year Built 1996
Architect Dave Thomas

Carts Yes - £15 - £25

Driving Range Yes - 24 covered driving bays

Course vs experience

The course design and Conditions were great. The starter was so rude that if we had not prepaid we would have gone to another course as there are plenty in the area. Once on the course we were happy we stayed even though we were waiting on every hole. Was a good layout and enjoyed playing it.

Sunny at Drumoig

This course always looks great and the staff pretty helpful. Can’t play a better course ( with the exception of Strathmore) for the price. My one issue was the pace of play, we had a two ball in front of us and you would have thought they were playing in the final round of the masters! Three and three quarters hours! Aside from this it was a great day, did spoil it a bit though.

Superb condition

Played Drumoig for the first time in a while! Really impressed with no mats and full greens! Course played beautiful for this time of year - enjoyable game in 30mph winds!

Fantastic fun

First time at Drumoig and had a great time. There is forgiving width in the fairways but some challenges too with an undulating course and water to contend with. I would certainly return.

Good course good value for money

Well presented course. Good fairways & greens.
There were some really challenging holes over 400 yards especially the 12th par 5 485 yards up a steep hill. Also some great holes in the back 9 over water.
Staff very friendly & a lovely lunch after our round.
All round a great value for money.

Best greens I have played on all season!

No fault to be found. Catering facilities at the hotel were very good in quality, service and value for money.
The golf course was very well presented especially as it is now mid October. The greens were a joy to putt on. I am a member at Montrose which is well known for a good putting surface but Drumoig’s greens put my own course to shame. A huge “well done” to all concerned at Drumoig, I will definitely recommend your course and I will definitely be returning.

Great course perfect condition for time of year green in perfect condition

The return

Wife and I finished our holiday off on this course today,as we have for nearly a decade .cracking layout the greens have to be treated with respect lots of suttle breaks.great variety of holes my only moan is against the so called golfers who played this course recently, masses of divets out of the fairways and not replaced if you carnt respect the course take up another sport..The course apart from this was in excellent form.will we be back next year 100%yes yes and yes again.

Enjoyed the golf course very much. Very dissapointed with the group of 4 balls in front of us drinking as playing let to a 5 hour round of golf. For amateurs that should be totally unacceptable and no apology from any of the slow players. Very unhappy at time taken, cost my playing partner a chance to see his daughter before she went away.
Crying shame..

Hidden gem

First time playing this course when we visited Scotland, and for £20 we didn't expect much.
This was a real find and will definitely be playing hear again.

Wonderful place would highly recommend to anyone

Excellent course, good test of golf, very hole was different, green's in great condition, one of the best courses that I have played, will certainly go back again

Great course, good test

Played here a few times and the course has always been in good condition
Only down part is me and my playing partner didnt lift any money before playing,
This was an issue because neither the starter box, halfway house or clubhouse accepted a card under £10 therefore we werent able to buy juice snacks at starter box, food at half way or a couple pints at the clubhouse.
Otherwise. This course is good fun, would reccomend a buggy!

Great course with several water holes and great views.
The chap at the starter hut ( sorry forgot your name) was friendly and very helpful.
The fairways are a bit scorched with the latest weather but greens are in really good condition.
We had a great day at DRUMOIG and will definitely be back.

Cheers, Ali, Audi, Scott

Great improvements on last year

Great golf course in superb condition. Played last year, loads of improvements that benefit the course.

Must play course

Played here for the last 2 years, and a course I would definitely recommend you play if in the area. Risk and reward course, with some tough holes and quite a few birdie/ eagle holes for the brave.. Signature holes 9/10&11 will have you scratching your head on what club to take ( good luck) .Hotel and rooms are good, and the staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Hidden gem

i have stayed and played at this golf club for the past 2years with about 7 other friends, and everyone of them has said what a great course it is, fairways and greens are very good, not a flat putt on there!
First cut of rough is forgiving as you can still get a good club on it, but punished if you go wider.
Water holes are really good, especially if you manage to stay out of the water, as it gives you a great feeling of achievement
Hotel is also good, clean and friendly. Staff always willing to help with any reasonable request.
Definately one to play again, and we will be again next year, like an annual pilgrimage now.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020