Drumoig Hotel Golf Resort

Drumoig Golf Hotel sprawls across 250 acres of rolling countryside inhabited by a variety of different birds and wildlife. The dramatic landscape provides the course with plenty of loch-side fairways and quarry greens. The lochs come into play on three holes, most notably on the challenging par-3 ninth. The difficult tee shot is followed by a tricky shot over the loch in order to reach the green. More advanced golfers will find the back tees provide a good challenge while the front tees are better for beginners. Golfers will also enjoy the views that stretch past St. Andrews Bay and the River Tay to Dundee and Carnoustie. The par-5 fifth is the signature hole of the golf course. The hole, which often plays into prevailing wind, requires a strong drive and a long iron to reach the narrow opening to the green.
Drumoig Golf Course
Yellow 73 6956 yards
Green 73 6472 yards
Red 73 5593 yards
Scorecard for Drumoig Hotel Golf Resort
White M: 74.1/125 432 218 563 430 565 430 379 358 434 3809 288 172 575 300 202 582 148 539 341 3147 6956
Yellow M: 71.7/123 390 191 522 424 530 409 338 332 402 3538 271 166 536 283 184 530 145 499 320 2934 6472
Red W: 71.2/121 337 177 497 351 428 376 291 297 359 3113 238 124 420 255 168 402 135 471 267 2480 5593

Year Built 1996
Architect Dave Thomas

Carts Yes - £15 - £25

Driving Range Yes - 24 covered driving bays

The return

Wife and I finished our holiday off on this course today,as we have for nearly a decade .cracking layout the greens have to be treated with respect lots of suttle breaks.great variety of holes my only moan is against the so called golfers who played this course recently, masses of divets out of the fairways and not replaced if you carnt respect the course take up another sport..The course apart from this was in excellent form.will we be back next year 100%yes yes and yes again.

Enjoyed the golf course very much. Very dissapointed with the group of 4 balls in front of us drinking as playing let to a 5 hour round of golf. For amateurs that should be totally unacceptable and no apology from any of the slow players. Very unhappy at time taken, cost my playing partner a chance to see his daughter before she went away.

Crying shame..

Hidden gem

First time playing this course when we visited Scotland, and for £20 we didn't expect much.

This was a real find and will definitely be playing hear again.

Wonderful place would highly recommend to anyone

Excellent course, good test of golf, very hole was different, green's in great condition, one of the best courses that I have played, will certainly go back again

Great course, good test

Played here a few times and the course has always been in good condition

Only down part is me and my playing partner didnt lift any money before playing,

This was an issue because neither the starter box, halfway house or clubhouse accepted a card under £10 therefore we werent able to buy juice snacks at starter box, food at half way or a couple pints at the clubhouse.

Otherwise. This course is good fun, would reccomend a buggy!

Great course with several water holes and great views.

The chap at the starter hut ( sorry forgot your name) was friendly and very helpful.

The fairways are a bit scorched with the latest weather but greens are in really good condition.

We had a great day at DRUMOIG and will definitely be back.

Cheers, Ali, Audi, Scott

Great improvements on last year

Great golf course in superb condition. Played last year, loads of improvements that benefit the course.

Must play course

Played here for the last 2 years, and a course I would definitely recommend you play if in the area. Risk and reward course, with some tough holes and quite a few birdie/ eagle holes for the brave.. Signature holes 9/10&11 will have you scratching your head on what club to take ( good luck) .Hotel and rooms are good, and the staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Hidden gem

i have stayed and played at this golf club for the past 2years with about 7 other friends, and everyone of them has said what a great course it is, fairways and greens are very good, not a flat putt on there!

First cut of rough is forgiving as you can still get a good club on it, but punished if you go wider.

Water holes are really good, especially if you manage to stay out of the water, as it gives you a great feeling of achievement

Hotel is also good, clean and friendly. Staff always willing to help with any reasonable request.

Definately one to play again, and we will be again next year, like an annual pilgrimage now.

Super Golf Course

Great Contions and very Interessting

Holes! Staff very friendly

Drumoig

Great course, lots of well laid out holes with some quirkiness thrown in. Best to hire a buggy!

Didnt really get the 18th hole?

Physically demanding

Quite a physical workout, hilly and challenging.

The course is of the typical “American “ style tricked out with big slopes on mist greens. Water on 4 holes. Undoubtedly a course that would be enjoyed more second time round.

An absolute hidden gem of a golf course.

My friend and I were looking for somewhere different to play and found this on tee off times for a very good price. The course is beautiful with many picturesque holes and the greens are simply fantastic. I cannot believe that this golf course is so modestly priced as I have honestly played championship courses that are not as good as this. There are 5 par 5s and they are all different. Many holes on the back 9 feature water hazards and the 18th is one of the most interesting holes i have ever played. 10/10

Another great experience.

The course was in excellent condition bearing in mind being early season and having had a somewhat challenging start to the year. The greens especially good condition and fairly fast for early season. Any time we are in this area we always try and book a round. Thank you for great reception at starters office always friendly and great start to worth while experience.

No April fool

Played this course in April 1. Weather previous day had been very wet. Despite this the course was in excellent condition and fairly dry underfoot. A good test of golf with some interesting holes particularly around the loch. Reasonably long but not too hilly. Of course hotel staff could be a little more friendly. Would recommend the course if you are in the st Andrews area.

Starter needs to be more proactive..!

I played in a two ball and we arrived on the first tee at the same time as a 4 ball, who proceeded to ignore us and tee off...We then remained behind them for 7 holes waiting on nearly every shot whilst no effort was made to wave us through..when we spoke to them, one was extremely rude - albeit another one of the group was very apologetic! We played through but it had ruined our enjoyment of the day..

Soon after we had another 4 ball refusing to acknowledge us for the remainder of the round.

SOLUTION ! Why couldn't the starter have suggested we start on the 10th and all the trouble would have been avoided - just a little forethought..

A sign or two reminding golfers of etiquette wouldn't go amiss either, as clearly some visitors there don't have a clue regards etiquette..

Great Winter Golf

Drumoig is well worth a visit during winter months, it is in great condition playing to 17 full greens with the added benefit of (NO MATS REQUIRED) playing to a relatively long and challenging course.

Great value at £15 Green Fee and we hired a buggy for £15 which was also great value.

I would recommend a round to anyone as great value during winter and no mats which is fairly unique selling point. 19th was friendly with food on the go again reasonably priced.

Lovely course even at this time of year - pity bout the members!

Can not complain about the service, course etc fantastic condition for this time of year. The really annoying and disappointing aspect of the round was repeatedly having golfers cutting across - at least five single or groups of players wandered in front of me or across my fairway to skip holes. I appreciate light may have made some players only play certain holes but this repeatedly happened without even an acknowledgment.

Fantastic

We played the course for less than £20, the-day before we played the dukes for £50 and the dukes was not a patch on this course. Me and my 2 brothers had a fantastic round, hat of to everyone at the course we will definitely be back, even though I came last.

Thanks