Dundas Parks Golf Club

Type Private
The private Dundas Parks Golf Club, founded in 1957, offers a nine-hole golf course and practice area and welcomes visitors by prior arrangement. The golf course measures 6,324 yards at par-70 (over 18 holes). Nature lovers get an added bonus in the form of the local flora and fauna, such as the occasional deer. The Dundas Parks Golf Club offers a moderately undulating parkland golf course that won't hurt the legs, but will definitely challenge the skills. It features consistently good conditions and fast-and-true greens. A round of golf at the Dundas Parks Golf Club kicks off on the 254-yard, par-4 first hole, with the longest hole being the second, which measures 496 yards at par 5; close the day on the 215-yard par-3 ninth (or 18th) hole.
Dundas Parks Golf Club

Year Built 1957

Carts No

nice 9 hole course

nice 9 hole course .

played 18 and enjoyed every minute .

friendly welcome from staff and some members before I played, the course was in good condition and is quite long for a 9 hole course. some of the layout has tees very close to previous greens so watch out for cries of FORE ! I would play here again but, not on a Wednesday if I had known beforehand that I was playing in between a Medal I wouldn't have booked, pace of play was too slow , I only played 9 holes the 1st/10th tee was way too busy would have been waiting ages to finish...

9 Hole Gem

One of the best 9 hole courses I have played in Central Belt. A simple opening hole was followed by some testing par 4's, which were of a good length not usually found on a 9 hole course. We played in windy conditions and the 2nd and 5th holes requiring some serious power to reach in regulation. The course was in lovely condition, not too testing but each tee shot made you think. Clubhouse was not staffed but Manager did text me to provide access code before hand which was a nice touch. Will certainly tee up here again.

Very Good

I had played this course once before so I knew what to expect. It is longer than you'd imagine for a 9 hole course but not excessively though. pretty good condition all round, not the most challenging course but not the least either. I really like it but I suspect anyone off less than 10 handicap would say it wasn't challenging enough

Lovely setting, good value for a fun round.

Pleasant course, not too difficult (although some of the greens are tricky) so good for a fun 9 holes. Nice wide fairways and pretty forgiving rough.

Fantastic setting, especially on a lovely sunny morning.

Clubhouse has everything you need and appeared to be in process of having improvement works completed.

Overall decent value for money, £15 for 9 holes or £25 for 18. I'll definitely be back.

Cracking 9-hole Course

I had, rather unfairly, assumed that being a 9-hole course, this course would be a bit of a hack-around or practice course. In reality, its one of the best standalone 9 hole courses I've visited. The course was in terrific condition and the greens were pretty consistent throughout. Its not a short course, but equally you don't need to be a big hitter to reach the greens in regulation.

The 4th and 5th holes offer lovely views of the nearby Castle and its beautiful grounds (offering a wonderful mature tree backdrop). The views across toward the firth of forth (including the three bridges, and beyond) are also best around this part of the course.

I booked a late evening tee time (last minute) online so there wasn't any staff around but I was texted by the very helpful course manager who had received my booking and who gave me details about accessing the small (but very well appointed) club house. There is a wee honesty box and a selection of drinks/snacks. The clubhouse looks to have been refurbished recently. The bar area with its terrace certainly had me making a note to come back in the summer.

This is a really great course, however the only downside for me was the price- I booked a 9 hole round teeing off at 7pm (i.e. no chance I was going to get a full 18 in) and so to be charged £15 (£16 total) when a full round is £17.50 seemed a bit much. There isnt much more I could ask of this terrific wee course other than to maybe consider reducing the 9-hole fee a bit (I likely would only now go if I was sure I could get in 18).

Overall, really great 9 hole course.

A long short course

It is only 9 holes, but is a long course. A challenging course especially in the wind. Worth the trip and really suitable for the longer hitters and good putters. The greens are challenging and have been in better condition. It is early in the season. Get there before your tee time and you can spend time in the practice area to hone your skills and warm up before your round.

Dundas Castle south queensferry

Lovely looking 9 hole course some testing long drives, but drainage seems to be a problem. After teeing off watching my ball sink straight into the fairway, after plucking my ball out hit my shot onto the green only for the same thing to happen yes my ball sunk deep into the green. Then to finish the course at 15:45 to find there was no staff around to make a complaint about the state of the course, can safely say that I won't be back at this course.

All round poor service and course was poor underfoot

dundasparks
Commented On 04/20/2017

Sorry you had a bad experience. The course had a weeks worth of rain so was not in its best condition so early on in the season. The reason there was not a member of staff was due to a change of club manager (new manager taking over)

Winchburgh, West Lothian