Locust Hills Golf Course

Middle 72 6394 yards 70.7 122
Other 72 5772 yards 67.9 117
Forward (W) 72 5112 yards 72.0 120
Scorecard for Locust Hill
Black M: 73.0/130 428 588 396 416 178 376 183 507 370 3442 390 439 181 555 432 424 173 514 455 3563 7005
White M: 70.9/128 401 563 375 381 152 344 170 471 315 3172 353 420 150 522 377 348 147 474 431 3222 6394
Gray M: 68.4/123 375 531 351 345 128 287 160 452 294 2923 317 335 120 470 337 304 132 446 388 2849 5772
Red W: 70.1/119 333 501 313 320 110 288 129 407 256 2657 275 283 109 452 239 236 98 414 389 2495 5152

Year Built 1991
Golf Season Year round. Offseason is Nov 7 - March 12

roughs

the roughs were the worst of any golf course I have played at in awhile. couldn't even find the ball. looks like hadn't been cut in weeks.

Love the course BUT

I play this course every year. I come back because the price is fair and the course conditions are more that adequate. This past weekend we checked in and were told the back nine was wide open. We played in 2 hours and 10 mins. At the turn, a marshal greeted us and informed us the front nine was a little slow. We noticed the group we had been following had not made any effort to proceed to the first tee. We could see the tee box and noticed at a minimum of 10 carts lined up to tee off. Apparently a group of members showed up and demanded to play. The course took no actions to split up the group to some on front nine some on back nine, We ended up playing behind a SIX-some playing best ball. We could not play through. The round ended after about 3 1/2 hours. Very frustrating

Locusthillgc
Commented On 07/01/2018

We do apologize for this and we are sorry for the slow play. We do not encourage members playing 6 and try to express to them that this is not acceptable and will address that with them. Again we apologize for that

Great Condition

A few dandelions but they had been sprayed and were dying. Challenging and beautiful.

Hidden Gem

I've played this course 7 times over the past year - playing in every season that we've had. The greens are always in excellent condition. Fairways are well kept as well. Fun course, a must play!

Course was in great shape

This is a challenging but fair course. The greens were in excellent condition and the fairway rough was up (but not too bad considering all the rain). The course requires you to use all the clubs in the bag. The staff is very nice and accomodating. I have had nothing but a good experience playing this course.

Best Greens in WV!

I play this course about 2-3 week for the past 5 years. Over this time, I have seen the course grow, overcome hurdles, and battle drought. However, regardless of the conditions or circumstances, ownership and management has always put the course and it's customers first! Treatment and care of the course is outstanding. The new club house is continually improving and has some of the best service I've ever had. Carts are always clean and running well and, like I said, the greens are like pillows. You can check a ball from 200 out and still have fast, responsive puts on these semi-fast greens. The water is beautiful. In fact, I find myself smiling as I ride around the course just taking in the beauty. I forget that we are within a development at times. Nothing but greatness in the future for this place. Marshall's will be needed to keep up the pace of play, but keep everything else the same! Oh, the new driving range is awesome. No more scorched divot areas...there is an elevated driving area with a nice faux mat, a chipping green and practice bunker close by. At the first hole is a nice practice green to give you feel for the course that day while you await to tee off and start the round. As you can tell, I like this course - a lot! Considering the past, enjoying the present, and looking forward to the future - awesome! AND...like i said, some of the BEST greens in WV. Course Pro and hitting instructor are the best I have ever met!!!! I bring my son for 1st Tee here as well. I can go on and on... Try it!

Fun in February

Played the course today and really enjoyed my time. Golf course in good shape after the winter we had. Staff was friendly and service good. Lunch was good too had the roast beef sandwich, a must have on my next visit.

Great Fall Golf

We played on a crisp fall day and had a great time. I hadn't played this course since the early 90s when it opened and was delighted to find that the course was in excellent shape. Of course, now there are homes and other buildings all along the perimeter of the course but this doesn't detract too much from the views or layout. The greens were fast and smooth and didn't suffer from the usual daily-fee course problem of un-repaired ball marks. We played on a Tuesday afternoon so there were few people on the course and we are able go right around at our own pace as a twosome. Would definitely play again.

locust hill wv

The greens were excellent, large and challenging. Club housr was in renovation, new buikding. Lots of water ariund the course. Worth the price.

6 hour round

we started at 1:20 pm and didn't finish till 7:10. No marshals on the course to speed up play. Waited on average about 15 minutes on each tee.

One of the best.

Locust Hill is one of the best golf courses on this area but yesterday I was unable to go becomes of a medical emergency of my wife.

Disappointed

The staff was very welcoming upon arrival and even directed us to the carts and first hole since this was our first time playing. I give the amenities a pass because the clubhouse had burned down and they are in the process of rebuilding. The course itself is layed out very sporadically in a housing development. It was confusing at times even with signs directing us to the next hole. There are no yardage stakes on the course and the marks in the fairway were difficult to spot which left a lot of confusion among the group as to distances to the holes. The kicker came on the back nine when our group was on the green putting. The gentlemen cutting the grass around the green decided it was ok to continue cutting the fringe and apron while we were trying to putt.

Majestic scenerey at this course.

The course was in great shape, people were friendly and the weather was fantastic. What more could you ask for!

Fairway great

Fairway were great lay out weasel good. Pace of play excellent Water on course was nice and cold.

Coarse

It. Was in nice shape greens were nice we had a big traffic jam round took 5 hours and was only 2 of us had 2 groups waiting at every hole

Not so good needs a lot of work!

This course is one that you can leave off your list to play if you have never played at locust Hills. The course was in poor shape and the staff need to treat their customers better. This was a waste of my time playing at Locust Hills, there are many places that fair better and you will enjoy far more so dont waste your time or money because there is no value here. I rate this course ( 0 Value) or 1 star out of 5.

Great course, clubhouse?

The course was in great shape. The course plays long for me but not much to the holes except some water hazards. The only problem was we wanted some drinks after the round and there was no clubhouse. Other than that I lived the course and will make it part of our annual trip to Hollywood casino.

This is a great course for everyone.

This was my first time here and it was a great experience. This course is beautiful and is in extremely good condition. The greens were blemish free and rolled very true and predictably. The numerous water hazards added to the overall beauty of the course. Hats off to the staff here-they have a great product to offer everyone. I can't wait to play here again.

Course is nice but needs some updates

Overall a nice challenging layout, fairways and greens are very nice, bunkers OK. Played on Monday so was ablel to play <3hrs. The clubhouse burned down so they are operating out of trailers and doing a good job with that, all things considered. Course condition is probably better than most but has gotten a little rough around the edges....long rough. Yardage markers are difficult to find, very few ball washers. The grass on the driving range was at least 3 inches long. Staff was very friendly.

I do not know why I could not make score this course

Fair and good layout for average golfers. Because of my slump on approach shots, I made too much double-bogeys on this course. Price is reasonable, but I can say they do not have memorable holes. This is daily-used course.

Charles Town, West Virginia