2.6

Locust Hill Golf Course

Year Built 1991
Golf Season Year round. Offseason is Nov 7 - March 12

Dress code Appropriate golf attire

A very enjoyable place to place. The scenery is nice and the course is a challenge

First time at Locust

My husband and I played this course on Saturday morning. It was just ok. Mike was very friendly and helpful. However, the play was very slow.
There wasn't a course ranger to keep people playing along.
It definitely isn't a course for women. There were a lot of very difficult holes, even from RED.
We won''t be going back

Need a variety of shots to succeed

At no time do you feel like you’re playing the same hole again.Last four holes are a true challenge.

Welcoming

This course appreciates your business and is accommodating whenever asked

Course closed but still tool my booking

Management at this course is sub par. I showed up with a tee time pre paid and found out they were having a tournament. The manager was very rude because I was the second person to come in and ask about it.

Great time!

I had a great time, it was a great price, with a great course, and great fellowship on my birthday! It almost felt like GolfNow gave me that price as a birthday present!

roughs

the roughs were the worst of any golf course I have played at in awhile. couldn't even find the ball. looks like hadn't been cut in weeks.

Love the course BUT

I play this course every year. I come back because the price is fair and the course conditions are more that adequate. This past weekend we checked in and were told the back nine was wide open. We played in 2 hours and 10 mins. At the turn, a marshal greeted us and informed us the front nine was a little slow. We noticed the group we had been following had not made any effort to proceed to the first tee. We could see the tee box and noticed at a minimum of 10 carts lined up to tee off. Apparently a group of members showed up and demanded to play. The course took no actions to split up the group to some on front nine some on back nine, We ended up playing behind a SIX-some playing best ball. We could not play through. The round ended after about 3 1/2 hours. Very frustrating

Commented on 07/01/2018

We do apologize for this and we are sorry for the slow play. We do not encourage members playing 6 and try to express to them that this is not acceptable and will address that with them. Again we apologize for that

Great Condition

A few dandelions but they had been sprayed and were dying. Challenging and beautiful.

Hidden Gem

I've played this course 7 times over the past year - playing in every season that we've had. The greens are always in excellent condition. Fairways are well kept as well. Fun course, a must play!

Course was in great shape

This is a challenging but fair course. The greens were in excellent condition and the fairway rough was up (but not too bad considering all the rain). The course requires you to use all the clubs in the bag. The staff is very nice and accomodating. I have had nothing but a good experience playing this course.

Best Greens in WV!

I play this course about 2-3 week for the past 5 years. Over this time, I have seen the course grow, overcome hurdles, and battle drought. However, regardless of the conditions or circumstances, ownership and management has always put the course and it's customers first! Treatment and care of the course is outstanding. The new club house is continually improving and has some of the best service I've ever had. Carts are always clean and running well and, like I said, the greens are like pillows. You can check a ball from 200 out and still have fast, responsive puts on these semi-fast greens. The water is beautiful. In fact, I find myself smiling as I ride around the course just taking in the beauty. I forget that we are within a development at times. Nothing but greatness in the future for this place. Marshall's will be needed to keep up the pace of play, but keep everything else the same! Oh, the new driving range is awesome. No more scorched divot areas...there is an elevated driving area with a nice faux mat, a chipping green and practice bunker close by. At the first hole is a nice practice green to give you feel for the course that day while you await to tee off and start the round. As you can tell, I like this course - a lot! Considering the past, enjoying the present, and looking forward to the future - awesome! AND...like i said, some of the BEST greens in WV. Course Pro and hitting instructor are the best I have ever met!!!! I bring my son for 1st Tee here as well. I can go on and on... Try it!

Fun in February

Played the course today and really enjoyed my time. Golf course in good shape after the winter we had. Staff was friendly and service good. Lunch was good too had the roast beef sandwich, a must have on my next visit.

Great Fall Golf

We played on a crisp fall day and had a great time. I hadn't played this course since the early 90s when it opened and was delighted to find that the course was in excellent shape. Of course, now there are homes and other buildings all along the perimeter of the course but this doesn't detract too much from the views or layout. The greens were fast and smooth and didn't suffer from the usual daily-fee course problem of un-repaired ball marks. We played on a Tuesday afternoon so there were few people on the course and we are able go right around at our own pace as a twosome. Would definitely play again.

locust hill wv

The greens were excellent, large and challenging.
Club housr was in renovation, new buikding.
Lots of water ariund the course.
Worth the price.

6 hour round

we started at 1:20 pm and didn't finish till 7:10. No marshals on the course to speed up play. Waited on average about 15 minutes on each tee.

Charles Town, West Virginia
Boyce, Virginia
Stephens City, Virginia
Hedgesville, West Virginia

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.