Castle Park Golf Club

White 72 6202 yards
Yellow 71 5851 yards
Red (W) 72 5596 yards
Scorecard for Castle Park Golf Club
Blue M: 70.7/121 499 331 202 416 487 446 164 371 548 3464 418 389 168 356 297 341 233 336 441 2979 6443
White M: 70.1/119 499 319 153 416 454 404 164 343 548 3300 382 371 168 356 297 318 233 336 441 2902 6202
Yellow M: 69.2/117 W: 70.2/119 487 306 145 395 441 370 158 336 540 3178 363 358 163 347 276 309 150 329 378 2673 5851
Red W: 69.1/116 453 296 140 383 416 347 158 317 471 2981 357 299 151 343 270 306 141 325 423 2615 5596

Year Built 1994

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta

Great experience

We had a great time. The course was really impressive and the views on the back nine are stunning. The front nine is solid but doesn't really prepare you for the back 9. It is a hard walk but so well worth it and the two par3s are so tough. The welcome in the clubhouse was brilliant and it should be played if you are in the area

18 great holes

First time playing Castle Park and wasn’t disappointed.

First nine are all playable/enjoyable holes. Back nine are all visually stunning and really enjoyable holes!

Greens need rolled and a bit of growth but course is in great condition.

Great morning out

Played in the sunshine. I liked the course. It's excellent for the higher handicap...not too hard but testing, with a good range of different holes. Would definitely play again, it's very good value for money

Great

Although the club is under construction, it is part of a 4 year plan that they are 2years into, I found the club to be homely and welcoming from the moment I stepped through the door, enjoying every second of the course with the rolling hill views everywhere you looked, the 12th hole, par 3 looking straight into a steep hill. Unless you play it you will not understand how steep this is. Course was the right amount of challenging. Would recommend to anyone and will be starting my membership soon.

Loved this family run course

I just loved this place from the moment we walked in this family could not have done enough for us.

I would highly recommend this place I think in a couple of years this course will be one of the best around.

Well worth playing

I played a 4 ball here on Monday night ,staff excellent ,helpful,and very friendly,

COURSE =was well looked after it is 2 years into a 4 year programme to improve it , to me it was fine yes the greens needed a bit of tlc but were all playable fairways were great ,second cut was punishment if you went into them as they should be , don't think this is a stroll in the park though ,some tough holes ,and some long par 4s ,this course is well worth playing I think it would test anybody ,we all agreed to come back soon loved the 11th and 12th these 2 are something else .

overall verdict brill can't wait to go back and play this

Course being rebuilt.

The staff were very friendly and did inform me that the course was going through a 4 year rebuild at which it was stated they were 2 years into this rebuild. However I would have expected the course to be in better condition. The fairways needed the grass cut and the greens were extremely bare and spiked and almost unplayable. I did enjoy my round but would not go back until I was convinced that the standard of the course had improved immensely,

Great Potential

Excellent course layout, particularly first 9. Greens under a 4 year improvement program with 2 years to go, so still a bit rough. Clubhouse in final stages of refurbishment. Food good. Staff extremely friendly.

Golf in Scotland

My wife and I love this golf course very much because that's a typical place were you play golf in Scotland. The owner family was very friendly and helpful. The food delicious and I personally enjoyed my glas of single malt after 18 holes. Yes, the greens still need some work... but no complains at all. I strongly recommend to try this golf course...

Great Potential

I had heard very good things in the past about the club and course and on arrival was surprised to find out that it had recently been bought over as a result of it nearly closing a few years ago. The front 9 was longer and more challenging in the wind while the back 9 was great fun and had a number of wonderful and interesting holes; the greens throughout were poor condition but will improve in time i'm sure. The course was empty and seemed to be in a bit of a transitional phase; hopefully in time it will get a lot of people playing golf on it as it has great potential.

Value for money

Very friendly warm welcome. Greens need a number of years to get in to tip top conditions. Most holes on the course are very forgiving. Fairways are wide. Not that many hazards. Good for someone like myself who goes round in approx. 96. I would go back as the owner was very friendly. The course was quiet and we had no one chasing us. It made us all relax more. The 12th hole is heart attack hill. We all had a good day and hop to return soon

You will wish to come back soon, this is a very enjoyable golf course

I joined Castlepark in 1994 just after it opened originally, I' ve always enjoyed the course, Pam and Craig have made serious improvements, and will always give you a warm welcome. The second nine is a treat, the first nine is challenging in the wind, especially on the first hole! Good luck, enjoy!

This is a really nice course but the greens weren't that great.

GOLFING WIZARDS WILL LOVE THIS COURSE

If you are a golfing wizard there is no better place to conjure up those trick shots as the area is spell binding in beauty and steeped in wizard folklore. They'd be goblins ha ha. The Gleneagles of East Lothian I have heard it said; a fair point , I concur.. Certainly a witches brew of diversity especially the back 9 as you near the castle in the mature tree lined ravine bordering the course. I chomped on an occasional mushroom picked from the fairway to my sons horror "Dad what are you doing?" I know my mushrooms but I would not recommend it if you don't. The magic ones I left alone. There was enough magic here anyway and I was on fire. My son too it be said whom loved the course and played his best game. At 16 that is not hard and he was offered junior membership for the year by the amiable hosts at £60. That is an awesome price and a great way to ween him off the computer games. They are big on junior development here.

The long 550 yard par 5 9th hole (whom my son believes should be a par 6) and the dramatically undulating dog leg ravine par 4 17th are standouts.

Gifford, East Lothian