Type

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta

Snacks

Clubhouse

Fantastic

This Course is one of Scotlands hidden Gems. Sitting past Gifford it offers the golfer not only a great course to play but stunning views with an abundance of wildlife.
The course is well maintained and no matter the weather always a joy to play, it has challenging holes that are varied and allow you to use all the clubs in your armoury.
The staff are always friendly and are there to support and help you enjoy the superb facilities.
If you get a chance....play this course!!

Will definitely be back

Played here when the weather was quite poor but the course held up well. Absolutely loved the back 9, some of the holes were really picturesque. The front 9 was pretty straightforward but still enjoyable. The service at the clubhouse was the best I’ve had at any course, the owners were very friendly and food was great. I’ll definitely be back to play here again, and for another of their great toasties! 10/10 would recommend.

Enjoyable round

Great value. I have payed a lot more to play at courses that aren’t as good as this. Nice course with some quirky holes. The surroundings is stunning and peaceful, with the sound of nature as the back drop.

Nice location, greens could be better

Nice location, greens could be better, got held up at 9th stuck being 3 4 ball players, who then decided to merge to make an 8ball, so decided to play front 9 again instead. I think there is better courses around so won't be returning anytime soon.

Great Greens

Nice parkland course, in a great country setting. The greens (esp for March) were in superb condition; although the tees, fairways, etc weren’t in great shape (yet).

The back nine is pretty hilly, with some good challenging and interesting holes. The course is ideal for a friendly practice round.

Grand day out

Nice course. 2nd nine hilly but better laid out. Weather was good with excellent views of East Lothian

Great experience

We had a great time. The course was really impressive and the views on the back nine are stunning. The front nine is solid but doesn't really prepare you for the back 9. It is a hard walk but so well worth it and the two par3s are so tough. The welcome in the clubhouse was brilliant and it should be played if you are in the area

18 great holes

First time playing Castle Park and wasn’t disappointed.
First nine are all playable/enjoyable holes. Back nine are all visually stunning and really enjoyable holes!
Greens need rolled and a bit of growth but course is in great condition.

Great morning out

Played in the sunshine. I liked the course. It's excellent for the higher handicap...not too hard but testing, with a good range of different holes. Would definitely play again, it's very good value for money

Great

Although the club is under construction, it is part of a 4 year plan that they are 2years into, I found the club to be homely and welcoming from the moment I stepped through the door, enjoying every second of the course with the rolling hill views everywhere you looked, the 12th hole, par 3 looking straight into a steep hill. Unless you play it you will not understand how steep this is. Course was the right amount of challenging. Would recommend to anyone and will be starting my membership soon.

Loved this family run course

I just loved this place from the moment we walked in this family could not have done enough for us.
I would highly recommend this place I think in a couple of years this course will be one of the best around.

Well worth playing

I played a 4 ball here on Monday night ,staff excellent ,helpful,and very friendly,
COURSE =was well looked after it is 2 years into a 4 year programme to improve it , to me it was fine yes the greens needed a bit of tlc but were all playable fairways were great ,second cut was punishment if you went into them as they should be , don't think this is a stroll in the park though ,some tough holes ,and some long par 4s ,this course is well worth playing I think it would test anybody ,we all agreed to come back soon loved the 11th and 12th these 2 are something else .
overall verdict brill can't wait to go back and play this

Course being rebuilt.

The staff were very friendly and did inform me that the course was going through a 4 year rebuild at which it was stated they were 2 years into this rebuild. However I would have expected the course to be in better condition. The fairways needed the grass cut and the greens were extremely bare and spiked and almost unplayable. I did enjoy my round but would not go back until I was convinced that the standard of the course had improved immensely,

Great Potential

Excellent course layout, particularly first 9. Greens under a 4 year improvement program with 2 years to go, so still a bit rough. Clubhouse in final stages of refurbishment. Food good. Staff extremely friendly.

Golf in Scotland

My wife and I love this golf course very much because that's a typical place were you play golf in Scotland. The owner family was very friendly and helpful. The food delicious and I personally enjoyed my glas of single malt after 18 holes. Yes, the greens still need some work... but no complains at all. I strongly recommend to try this golf course...

Great Potential

I had heard very good things in the past about the club and course and on arrival was surprised to find out that it had recently been bought over as a result of it nearly closing a few years ago. The front 9 was longer and more challenging in the wind while the back 9 was great fun and had a number of wonderful and interesting holes; the greens throughout were poor condition but will improve in time i'm sure. The course was empty and seemed to be in a bit of a transitional phase; hopefully in time it will get a lot of people playing golf on it as it has great potential.

Value for money

Very friendly warm welcome. Greens need a number of years to get in to tip top conditions. Most holes on the course are very forgiving. Fairways are wide. Not that many hazards. Good for someone like myself who goes round in approx. 96. I would go back as the owner was very friendly. The course was quiet and we had no one chasing us. It made us all relax more. The 12th hole is heart attack hill. We all had a good day and hop to return soon

You will wish to come back soon, this is a very enjoyable golf course

I joined Castlepark in 1994 just after it opened originally, I' ve always enjoyed the course, Pam and Craig have made serious improvements, and will always give you a warm welcome. The second nine is a treat, the first nine is challenging in the wind, especially on the first hole! Good luck, enjoy!

This is a really nice course but the greens weren't that great.

Gifford, East Lothian